Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Who did you sacrifice? (SPOILER)

• KimberlyannKitsuragi
    I killed MB last night at 11:37 pm EST. I sacrificed Varen because it semmed only fair. Lyris and Sai need each other.
    Feel free to add me. I'm part of the Gummy Guars PC/Mac NA server. Master crafter and working on getting 9 traits on everything
  • Chiba_Emi
    Chiba_Emi
    ✭✭
    Lyris Titanborn
    Lyris, for reason I won't speak out loud, because I'd get an army after me
    May the Three Bless you

Reyvyn Dulni - EP
    Chiba Emi - AD
    Lilith Gilvion - EP
  • borgking
    borgking
    ✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    Ha...I voted then checked the poll results,,,here's me thinking I chose wrong and gave the old git the bullet,,,but seems I went with the majority so far.
  • subtlezeroub17_ESO
    subtlezeroub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would rather sacrifice them all except Tharn. They are way too nice.
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    It would have been hilarious if you could free Mannimarco in that mission, then use him as the sacrifice instead of one of the 3 other Companions :lol:

It would probably have been far more fitting than sacrificing Varen to be honest. It would actually be a nice feature if there was a hard to achieve other option that didn't involve sacrificing any of the companions.

Thinking about it, will any sole do? How many people do you kill over the course of the game? Couldn't you grab some other random enemy to sacrifice? *Grabs random cultist* *drugs them to sleep* See, thinking outside the box. Your sacrifice will be remembered!...random un-named enemy with no back story...
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
  • Druachan
    Druachan
    ✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    I chose Varen to sacrifice. I mean he did cause the whole thing in the first place. Also if ever there was a guy who looked like death would be an improvement for it was Varen. Next time dunno, might be someone else.

Oh and I let Mannimarco go as well. I think he's gone for counselling.
    Say please, before you AAAAAaaaarrrgghhh at me.
  • Lacerator3
    Varen Auilarios
    Varen, he seemed the best choice to me.
  • slavaken
    slavaken
    Varen Auilarios
    varun

He is old and the other two have a spark, yeah I'm a romantic :smiley:

Also Varun was the one to start this in the first place and I found him kinda annoying.

Just good I didn't have to kill Cadwell (my favourite character)
    Edited by slavaken on October 27, 2016 3:08PM
  • Darkestnght
    Darkestnght
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sai Sahan
    7 times and always Sai Sahan, for no particular reason.
    Xbox NA - CP1300+
    Xbox EU - CP400+

• MUSTACHMAN654
    MUSTACHMAN654
    ✭✭
    Sai Sahan
    Sai Sahan. I always loved Lyris' humor and fighting skills. Also, Varen Aquilarious' voice actor is Michael Gambon, the actor of Harry Potters Dumbledore, and I would hate to see him die again... DANGIT SNAPE!!!
  • MUSTACHMAN654
    MUSTACHMAN654
    ✭✭
    Sai Sahan
    Also, I forgot to hit vote...
  • Nickernator
    Nickernator
    ✭✭✭
    Lyris Titanborn
    Sai Sahan is an awesome warrior.
    Varen is an emperor, and as a Imperial I will not kill my emperor.

So ye, sorry lyris but you dead now :*
    ESO player since release
    EU - PC

Meet the CP 350+ family:
    Nickernator, Imperial Dragonknight, EP
    Dar'Dur, Khajit Nightblade, AD
    Elidur, High Elf Sorcerer, DC
    Gagane, Breton Tempelar, EP
    Remos Hlaalu, Dark Elf Dragonknight, EP
    Bazugor gro-Mazgulub, Orc Tempelar, EP
    Halcan, Redguard Sorcerer, EP
    Entros Longshot, Bosmer Nightblade, EP
  • ESOUser0x00
    ESOUser0x00
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get it, why couldn't mannimarco be sacrificed if they had him on hand already? to keep in line with latter lore?
  • wolfdoggie_ESO
    wolfdoggie_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    Old man not only started it but already lived his life. Seemed a waste to pick the others over him.
    NorieleMG wrote: »
    Varen. He started it, and he ended it.

More interesting question: Did you release Mannimarco?

I did. Because I was hoping I'd get to kill him. Ever since I saw him in the intro cinematic, I wanted to see him die.

I let him go. There's always that chance an enemy can become useful. And if not? Well he'll give me something interesting to fight in the future. XD It'sa win/win.
    Edited by wolfdoggie_ESO on February 21, 2017 8:25AM
  • Muramasa89
    Muramasa89
    ✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    Varen caused it all and him dying was his way of atoning for his sins. He seemed pretty happy with it anyway. The other two, well, it wasn't their fault and they aren't old and decrepit.

Though I would have definitely had Tharn killed off given the chance.
  • oicero
    oicero
    ✭✭✭
    Lyris Titanborn
    I was thinking about to open a poll but then i thought someone else must've done it. So first time i had to choose, i picked Lyris.
    Why?
    Because she said "I'm tired all of these..."
    So be it.
    RIP Lyris...
  • Kanereno
    Kanereno
    Edited by Kanereno on March 6, 2017 12:59PM
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    Varen seemed like the moist obvious choice to me. Though I will sacrifice Sai Sahan from now on, should the option be presented to me again, I like Varen way too much, and Lyris... Well, pretty much all of my characters are at her breast height, yet she never said "My eyes are up here" to me. Women like that shouldn't be sacrificed.
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    Sai Sahan
    It's always going to be Sai for me, since he wanted so much to be the one, that felt stronger than Lyris' non-reasons and Varen saying merely "this is fitting". Besides which, Meridia said this, when asked of the fate of the lost companion: "Gone forever, but their memory remains. I can see the light burning brightly behind your eyes. Your friend is a part of you now, just as the strength of the Divines burns like a flame within your renewed soul." So, my characters would then be themselves plus Sai, not a bad return on investment, no? So those among you whose chars nobbled Lyris or Varen now have those respective essences living within the characters who sacrificed them. So, we needn't feel bad about sacrificing any one of them, at all.

My Altmeri sorcerer released Mannimarco, partly to enrage Molag Bal, and partly as she wanted to exact her own form of magical revenge upon him for being the exact person to steal her soul. Since I've no other characters who've gotten to God of Schemes, I cannot say who'd let Mannimarco go or keep him shackled. But Sai's always going to get sacrificed, he wants it, and he's the most deserving of living on within my characters.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erm.. all 3? First time was lyris (she's so annoying), second time was the old man, third time was sai, forth time was the old man again. Depends how I feel at the time.
    PC | EU
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    Phropet no questions asked.
  • Bombashaman
    Bombashaman
    ✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    Whole mess is Varen's fault, he even admits it. I always choose him.
  • Bax
    Bax
    ✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    Varen, because if I sacrifice one from the awkward secret couple, the other one would not really feel happy about it in the long run. Similarly, if I don't sacrifice Varen, he would feel bad about it, because he already puts all fault about the situation on himself (probably rightfully tho). So this seemed logical to me at the time. That way, Varen died with feeling that all his wrongdoing was fixed. It was happy death for him, much better than dying somewhere alone with a feeling that young life was sacrificed. And those two left alive could support each other and maybe finally become couple or something, because their awkwardness was annoying :D (I might change my decision with other characters maybe if I feel like it).

//edit: Oh and also I would sacrifice myself if there is an option. I can respawn anyway.
    Edited by Bax on April 12, 2017 3:48PM
  • eselouis
    eselouis
    No one talked about the specific drops you recieve from sacrificing one of these three npc's. Afterwords you get their weapon, a sword, an ax or a staff.
  • Ostaradoe
    Ostaradoe
    ✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    Varen - like many here I felt he was the obvious choice being the one responsible and also being of an advanced age. I wanted to give Lyris and Sai a chance of a life together and was very happy with my choice when going through the dialogue afterwards :)
  • Honghua
    Honghua
    ✭✭✭
    Sai Sahan for 4 reasons.
    1. He looks plain idiotic
    2. Lyris will suffer after his death, thats good
    3. the old prick will die anyway, and will suffer to be alive with flashbacks for the rest of his life
    4. Sai sword

Fak them all, i enjoy every bit of pain they will feel during and after, this makes my day much better, the mage guy is right, they are idiots that need to suffer.

• ZeroZero77
    ZeroZero77
    ✭✭✭
    Lyris Titanborn
    Lyris since my first time.

Because eso said that now a man stick in me. :o
    Mein Eso Setup System I7-4790k Non OC, 16GB Ram , GTX 1060, 3 mal 1920x1080, SSD für OS + Anwendungen und Spiele, 16k Leitung nahe Köln
    Wieso kürzt der typische MMO Spieler eigentlich fast jedes Wort ab. Schreibt aber fast ein Buch wenn er eine einfache Frage hat ?
  • Athelanas
    Athelanas
    Varen Auilarios
    I chose to have Varen sacrificed, it just felt more poetic out of them all. Soz Vaz.
    This signature is deliberately left blank.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    Varen is the only real choice and everyone else is wrong
  • MagnusBlackmane
    MagnusBlackmane
    ✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    This one choose Varen, it was natural and fair. It started with him and ended with him.
    "You're trying too hard... do it at 80%, never 100%. Relax." - My sensei.
    --==--==--==--
    Server: EU PC
    Dracart - AD Khajiit, Currently Stamina Nightblade
This discussion has been closed.