The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Who did you sacrifice? (SPOILER)

• SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    FYI- I did finally beat him after a guild-mate generously financed my respec so I could use points I wasted in Blacksmithing to get Light Armour Annulment and Mage Guild Entropy. I did still sacrifice Varen because it was his mess. But I gotta say, having nobody in the Harborage is creepy now....
    Edited by SteveCampsOut on May 18, 2014 1:02AM
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • Eccentric
    Eccentric
    ✭✭✭
    Sai Sahan
    Depending on who you sacrifice:
    Sai - 2H sword
    Lyris - 2H Axe
    Varen - Healing Staff
  • jesterstear
    jesterstear
    ✭✭✭
    Varen

He started it, and he has no family.

The other two have their lives in front of them and are making my stomach heave with their public displays of affection, just ship em off somewhere and let them get on with it i'd rather tackle the instance alone.

Also, I want Varen's staff.
  • infraction2008b16_ESO
    infraction2008b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    Eccentric wrote: »
    Sai - 2H sword
    Lyris - 2H Axe
    Varen - Healing Staff

If I'd known that before...
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    Varen,He wanted to make up for what he have done.
    And sai and lyris have much more to live for.
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    Sai - 2H sword
    Lyris - 2H Axe
    Varen - Healing Staff
    Wat D: really? I want em all!
    I just got Varens ugly stick.
  • fiachsidhe
    fiachsidhe
    ✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    Varen. He's the eldest, and this was his redemption for being instrumental in all of this. I didn't want to kill Lyris or Sai because they are young, in love and can continue to help the world as powerful forces of good.

Edited by fiachsidhe on June 8, 2014 4:01AM
    Don't have an intelligent argument? Just LOL a post!

Dire Crow - Ebonheart Pact - Dunmer Nightblade
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    Varen, he wanted to atone for his trangression
  • peeslingerb14_ESO
    peeslingerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    Varen, His hubris caused all of the problems to begin with.
  • Flashygrrl
    Flashygrrl
    ✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    Varen. Like everyone else who chose him, I did because he's old and he started it.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kayira wrote: »
    I chose Varen. Out of five reasons:
    1. He lied to me
    2. He never lifted even a finger, he only ordered me around and opened portals for his own need
    3. I want Lyris and Sai to get together
    4. Varen is already blind and half dead anyway. Why should he live after knowing he has done the deed he had to do.
    5. It is all his fault to start with and should be punished

I did release Mannimarco but only in the hope that I can kill him properly in the future and get my sweet revenge for him killing me and messing up everything. Mwhahah revenge is best served as a cold dish.

Mannimarco is alive and well(well, as alive as a lich can be) at least up to Oblivion so there's no issue there.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fiachsidhe wrote: »
    Varen. He's the eldest, and this was his redemption for being instrumental in all of this. I didn't want to kill Lyris or Sai because they are young, in love and can continue to help the world as powerful forces of good.

He isn't even really that old. He aged approximately 2 years after the Soulburst.

Now you want old? Tharn's over 160 years old.
  • kirgan2000b16_ESO
    Varen Auilarios
    Varen, cause I hated being called back to the damn refuge after I've been there, went through a wayshrine and he pops up to call me back again.
    Edited by kirgan2000b16_ESO on June 12, 2014 7:50PM
    Unable to login due to guild-hotfix from 2014/08/07 - 2014/08/15 (solved by community fix)
  • EinionYrth
    EinionYrth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    Varen - the whole bloody mess was his fault in the first place.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Varen. Although I always had my eyes on Lyris' axe...
  • Allyah
    Allyah
    ✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    I really didn't want to kill any but I knew it was coming before it happened. Picked Varen: Old, lived his life, it was his fault in the first place, etc.
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    I chose Varen.
    He lied to me.
    Plus his voice annoys me.
    Sounds like he speaks with a mouthful of applesauce.
    Besides I could tell Sai & Lyris just wanted to get out of there and make out.
    It ain't easy being green.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just an fyi, but the Mannimarco you fight in Oblivion is NOT the same Mannamarco that is in ESO.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Mannimarco

at the time of the Oblivion Crisis, Mannimarco was the title of the man who was the leader of The Order of The Worm.

The Mannamarco that is in ESO becomes the Necromancers Moon after the events of The Warp in The West in the 3rd era 417.

Mannimarco actually ascends sorta like Talos and becomes a like a divine. He is the source of the Necromancers Moon giving up his body to become a celestial object which is the necromancers moon that allows the Worm Cult to make Black Soul Gems by using the Shade of the Reverent bypassing some of Arkays restrictions.

the Mannimarco in Oblivion is a different man, as Mannimarco become the title of the man who is the leader of the Order of The Worm, as the real Mannimarco, the one in ESO cheated the system and ascended to become like a divine and actually became The Necronancers Moon. He is not a divine of course, but he ascended none the less and gave up his physical form to have a permanent place in the stars....i know its a lit to swallow, but read the lore its fascinating
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    I got Varen killed, and had been looking forward to doing so since he foreshadowed that I could.

Before the reveal, he's a boring, generic old mentor figure with half his traits copy and pasted out of a Harry Potter novel and nothing to recommend him as an original character. I thought I might like him a little better after they admitted he was the former Emperor (because let's face it: it was really obvious), but that ended up making things worse: I had figured, incorrectly, he'd forgotten he'd been Emperor due to Mannimarco's magic/Elder Scroll influence/whatever and you were going to help him remember somehow. It would have been cliché, but nothing in that plot was really earth-shattering so no big deal...

...but no, he'd just been LYING the whole time. Why? Because you wouldn't trust him if you'd known he was partially responsible for the whole Planemeld thing.

...Never mind he helped you get out of Coldharbor and he could have used that as leverage to prove you could trust him. Never mind that after finding out he's been hiding this you have EVEN LESS reason to trust him. And let's not forget: his loyal followers Lyris and Sai are WANTED FOR HIS MURDER because he apparently can't admit to the world he's not dead.

Throughout the entire thing he's pompous ("Hey Vestige! I'm going to call you Vestige! I can't even be bothered to ask you your real name..."), irritating ("Drop everything you're doing and come to the Harborage Vestige!"), and useless, his only purpose prior to the final battle being to gate you off to the appropriate dungeon and (he claims) distract Molag Bal...for all the good that does given how much trouble we run into in Cold Harbor ANYWAY.

I can forgive him for being manipulated by Mannimarco into ripping open the Veil and indirectly causing the Daedric invasion: Mannimarco is supposed to be a sneaky individual, and none of the main characters is particularly bright. But the rest of it? That's all on Varen.

In contrast, Sai's biggest flaw is that he's a bit stupid (as the other NPCs point out...hiding the thing you're trying to hide from a Necromancer IN A TOMB? This made a little more sense after I went through the Alik'r Desert and found out the whole reanimation thing is taboo for Redguards, but I still consider it to be a rather dumb move) but while that's annoying I don't consider it to be a capitol offense in and of itself.

Lyris' problem is that she seems to lose most of her characterization when Sai is around so she can be his love interest. But that isn't an execution-worthy offense either, IMO.

So I admit, I danced in front of my computer for a solid fifteen minutes when it came time to do the sacrifice chanting "I get to kill Varen!" to myself the whole time, and I consider it to be the highlight of the main quest.

Sai might be mad at me for it, but now he and Lyris can go off and have cute, extremely tall offspring while they rebuild that swordsinger school, and I can /dance on the grave of Varen Aquilarios.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • robynheraty_ESO
    robynheraty_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Varen was an easy choice. Not because he was old, but because he manipulated and lied to get me to fix the mess he started by attempting to lie to and manipulate the people of Tamriel. I've been furious with him ever since I figured out who he was - which was well before he actually admitted it out loud.

Even if Tharn had been an option for sacrifice, I would have chosen Varen.
  • Greatfellow
    Greatfellow
    ✭✭✭
    Lyris Titanborn
    Lyris was so useless to me during that quest where the snakewoman uses little floating orbs to replenish health that I was actually thankful I to have an opportunity to off Lyris.

In fact,the whole time Lyris was talking about sacrifice i was telling her, "No, ***, I'm sacrificing you because you effing didn't fight for me when I needed you, and I hate you and hope you suffer a lot and when everyone says 'Oh, Lyris sacrificed herself' I'll tell them you didn't, you ran like a cowardly nixhound on meth and I had to put you down, and that my cousin Bobby sacrificed himself instead.

Yep.
  • BloodStorm
    BloodStorm
    ✭✭✭
    Sai Sahan
    Sai for sure. He was only a swordsman for the most part. The others were powerful symbols like Valen or wielded magic. Sai was a useless brute and caveman/Animal. When I recieved his crappy sword after sacrificing him I was proven 100% correct. I am a Altmer supremacist.
    Edited by BloodStorm on September 8, 2014 12:24AM
  • Greatfellow
    Greatfellow
    ✭✭✭
    Lyris Titanborn
    Sai was a good guy, though. A really good guy, and I respected him. Even though I sacrificed his girlfriend Lyris. i just hooked him up later with someone else better than that useless b otch.
  • Pseudolo
    Pseudolo
    ✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    Gelston wrote: »
    I picked Varen. Everyone thinks he is dead anyways.

It seemed fair to me that the one who started it should be the one who finishes it...
  • brandon
    brandon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sai Sahan
    I chose Sai mainly because i thought his request was the best of them all. He wanted to save his love and he didn't want to fail Varen again. If i picked either of the other options Sai would probably never be able to live with himself ever again.
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    The huge manwoman, the old fart, or the black guy.

The "huge manwoman" is actually quite hot. As far as the old fart goes, his days were numbered.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    brandon wrote: »
    I chose Sai mainly because i thought his request was the best of them all. He wanted to save his love and he didn't want to fail Varen again. If i picked either of the other options Sai would probably never be able to live with himself ever again.

Surely Lyris would comfort him, and after a few kids, his life would be whole again.

I just couldn't deprive either one of them of the other, which is why Varen Aquilarios is dead so many times over. I was going to do a different one for each faction, but just couldn't.
    Edited by AlexDougherty on November 29, 2014 10:08AM
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Jagath
    Jagath
    ✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    I have sacrificed each one and the only difference really is the wep you get from it. If i had to chose just one I would say Varen because he caused all this so why not make it right.
    Edited by Jagath on November 28, 2014 4:42PM
  • gurugeorgey
    gurugeorgey
    ✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    I just figured that the old dude had had a good innings and the others still had some life ahead of them.
  • SADGOD
    SADGOD
    Soul Shriven
    Varen Auilarios
    I chose to sacrifice Varen. I felt like he really wanted to do it and redeem himself, seeing as he was the one causing the crisis. Besides, Sai and Lyris had many years in front of them but the Prophet was an old man.
    SESH
This discussion has been closed.