Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Who did you sacrifice? (SPOILER)

• Stalgren
    Stalgren
    I let mannimarco get and immediately regretted it. Dang I hope that choice doesnt come back to haunt me!
  • mlscott0
    mlscott0
    Varen Auilarios
    I picked Varen, it's his fault for all of it. Also, because Lyris and Sai need to get laid.
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyris Titanborn
    I feel cheated, I thought Varen can help heal me in the boss fight, so I kept him and sacrificed Lyris, then they told me I have to fight Mr. Bal ALONE.
  • Eccentric
    Eccentric
    ✭✭✭
    Sai Sahan
    crislevin wrote: »
    I feel cheated, I thought Varen can help heal me in the boss fight, so I kept him and sacrificed Lyris, then they told me I have to fight Mr. Bal ALONE.

What weapon did you recieve after you were done?
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyris Titanborn
    Eccentric wrote: »

dont remember, but it seems I have a high level Titanborn's something, I can check and get back on you.
  • Tatuaje
    Tatuaje
    ✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    Varen had to go... And release Mannimarco? No way - he was a real PITA.... nice place for him to stay.
  • Absinthe
    Absinthe
    ✭✭✭
    An old blind man who lied to me....natural sacrificial lamb.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sai Sahan
    bye bye Sai :)
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyris Titanborn
    Manwoman had to go....

I didn't choose Varen or Sai because death is never the proper atonement for ones ill doings. They must atone through actions in life. Lyris was the only one that didn't really have anything major to make up for. No broken honor like sai, No reparations to be made for causing the planemeld like Varen.

I do see most people did pick varen because they believe death to be an appropriate punishment for what he had a part in. That was only allowing him to run away from taking real responsibility for his actions... plus, it wasn't entirely his fault. There wouldn't have been a planemeld or a lost soul of the vestige(s) If mannimarco or someone with the same wicked scheme as him didn't interfere as well.
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on May 12, 2014 2:49PM
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyris Titanborn

k, i think here it is, Great Axe of the Titanborn. All people die, sooner or later, this actually makes Lyris a legendary figure, which is not bad (Im trying to convince myself this is not a mistake....lol).

NFF20ni.jpg

• Svann
    Svann
    ✭✭✭
    Im not there yet, but I seriously dont see how Varen lied to me. He didnt tell me he was emperor. So what? Him being in hiding I wouldnt expect him to tell. Id do the same. And what did it hurt me not knowing he used to be emperor? Not at all. Tharn implied that if he had told me I might not have helped, but I dont see how that could possibly be true.
  • Heraclea
    Heraclea
    ✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    I didn't realize that you got different weapons based on who you sacrificed. I sacrificed Varen as the one who started the whole mess. Got a healing staff, a weapon I haven't levelled at all. Still rocking the anti-daedra sword from the fighter's guild. Do any of the options give a one handed melee weapon?

I let Mannimarco go. Didn't know you could free other prisoners, or I would have.
    Hircine loves me, this I know,
    Your intestines told me so.

Quæ tam fera immanisque natura? - Cicero
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    Well seeing as how I haven't actually completed this one, my vote doesn't reaaaly count because I can still choose another option after dying repeatedly to Molag Bal over a 16 hour period of trying every kiting, blocking, rolling, DPSing, healing, Petting combo on my very Varied list of choices as a sorcerer but since I can't get his agro'd ass off my ass long enough to do any damage, I'm done.
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    Varen was the obvious choice (he's old, it's his fault in the first place), but Zeni managed to make me feel bad about sacrificing him anyway. :cry:
    Edited by Melian on May 14, 2014 6:16AM
  • Arundo
    Arundo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sai Sahan
    I chose Sai Sahan, I would have chosen Anu or what that guy is called but he was not a option.
  • Eccentric
    Eccentric
    ✭✭✭
    Sai Sahan

k, i think here it is, Great Axe of the Titanborn. All people die, sooner or later, this actually makes Lyris a legendary figure, which is not bad (Im trying to convince myself this is not a mistake....lol).

NFF20ni.jpg

Thanks for sharing!

• WhimsyDragon
    WhimsyDragon
    ✭✭✭
    I chose Varen even though I'm quite fond of him. He lived a long life, was fully committed to the cause at any cost, and had the reward most suitable to my templar. I would have picked Tharn if he were an option, but I suppose that would have made it too easy :neutral_face:
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    Varen Auilarios
    Varen, but I didn't feel great about it. I definitely would've sacrificed Abnur if I could've. I love the guy, don't get me wrong, but he was like a hundred sixty something, which is at least four times older than the other companions. If anybody had lived a long and fruitful life, it was him.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    Varen, three reasons.

1. He lied to me.
    2. He made a compelling argument for it to be him (its all his fault anyway)
    3. He finally comes along and hes a goddamned healer, WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU WHEN I NEEDED A HEALER DURING THE HARD ***.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    Well seeing as how I haven't actually completed this one, my vote doesn't reaaaly count because I can still choose another option after dying repeatedly to Molag Bal over a 16 hour period of trying every kiting, blocking, rolling, DPSing, healing, Petting combo on my very Varied list of choices as a sorcerer but since I can't get his agro'd ass off my ass long enough to do any damage, I'm done.
    Really? He didn't seem that hard to me, just looooong...if you're a sorcerer, I'd say pets are useless entirely, even Atronach, but the conjured shield(whatever it's called, last ability on the Daedric summoning list) was a great help to me. That and Bound armor let me survive long enough to actually get to the damage doing part.

Far as the actual topic goes, I chose Varen. But I think you people are cruel, how is any of this his fault?o.O He thought he was gonna make himself Dragonborn, light the magic fires, stop the civil war and make the world all white and happy. Not his fault Mannimarco lied to him.
    I felt bad because I really didn't want him to think it's his fault but chose him anyway because wanted to give Sai and Lyris a chance together.

Oh, and didn't know you get different weapon for different choices, but healing staff is great for me^_^
    Edited by Magdalina on May 15, 2014 1:00PM
  • Svann
    Svann
    ✭✭✭
    So choices are 2H axe, healing staff, and what else?
    I could possibly go for the staff as my alt weapon, but my NB wont ever use a 2h axe.
  • ed.radleyrwb17_ESO
    ed.radleyrwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Varen Auilarios
    Sai Sahan gives 1 handed sword I think, but as I felt he should live... so got the staff :pensive:
  • SBR_QuorTek
    SBR_QuorTek
    ✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    Varen had lived for his time and his purpose, a natural choice as the others would have had more to live for as it is.
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    Varen cause he old, lied to me and he sounds like dumbledore, wonder why :)
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios

If you need any help then PM me. I did him on my sorc which was pure destro. In the end I switch to a healing staff which I only had a skill of 22 and grand healing, beat him with light/heavy attacks, heals and the ultimate shield :)

Edit: Quoted wrong post. It was meant for @SteveCampsOut‌
    Edited by Loxy37 on May 16, 2014 6:08PM
  • Anvos
    Anvos
    ✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    Varen got the sacrifice.

Sai and Lyris had stuff to live for and were generally better people than Varen.

Plus letting Varen live seems pointless as the only worth his life had after stopping the planemeld was being tried and executed by the alliances.

As for Mannimarco, he got to stay, since you can't become a powerful lich if your a screaming prisoner in a deadric realm. Also just seemed stupid to release the guy who said he had an alternate plan for using the amulet, when your about to use it.
    Edited by Anvos on May 16, 2014 8:02PM
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heraclea wrote: »
    I didn't realize that you got different weapons based on who you sacrificed. I sacrificed Varen as the one who started the whole mess. Got a healing staff, a weapon I haven't levelled at all. Still rocking the anti-daedra sword from the fighter's guild. Do any of the options give a one handed melee weapon?

I let Mannimarco go. Didn't know you could free other prisoners, or I would have.

Only other one I remember seeing was Aelif.
    Melian wrote: »
    Varen was the obvious choice (he's old, it's his fault in the first place), but Zeni managed to make me feel bad about sacrificing him anyway. :cry:

Hes not actually old though. Think 30s.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sai Sahan gives 1 handed sword I think, but as I felt he should live... so got the staff :pensive:

Sai used a 2h though. Hm.
  • Kayira
    Kayira
    ✭✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    I chose Varen. Out of five reasons:
    1. He lied to me
    2. He never lifted even a finger, he only ordered me around and opened portals for his own need
    3. I want Lyris and Sai to get together
    4. Varen is already blind and half dead anyway. Why should he live after knowing he has done the deed he had to do.
    5. It is all his fault to start with and should be punished

I did release Mannimarco but only in the hope that I can kill him properly in the future and get my sweet revenge for him killing me and messing up everything. Mwhahah revenge is best served as a cold dish.
    Edited by Kayira on May 17, 2014 10:14AM
    EU PC
    In Game Tag: @Silthoras

Raid Mains: Warden and Templar Heals
    DDs: Mag Sorc and Mag Necro
  • Frances
    Frances
    ✭✭
    Sai Sahan
    I went with Sai Sahan only because I had the most tenuous in-game relationship with him. On a side note, I don't care for the OPs characterization of them.
This discussion has been closed.