The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Who did you sacrifice? (SPOILER)

• Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    There was no way i could sacrifice Sai Sahan with that epic beard. Seriously, why can't my orc have that beard?
    Edited by Orchish on April 29, 2014 2:17PM
  • Cacus
    Cacus
    ✭✭✭
    Sai Sahan
    I choose Sai, because he failed to redeem his honor he had to be sacrificed
  • astondyer94b16_ESO
    astondyer94b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Varen Auilarios
    At the time I thought it was pointless letting the blind Dumbledore live. P.S. Gandalf wins.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    I freed Manimarco on that quest, in hope that I could sacrifice him...yet he just disappeared to nowhere -_-

Yeap i also set him lose , he said something about revenge , cant wait to kick his ass a second time , some people never learn.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Voltair
    Voltair
    ✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    I opted for Varen since he caused the soul burst. He also lied about his identity at the beginning.

As for Manimarco. No I did not release him, he did steal a lot of souls so I left him there.
  • Jasirus
    Jasirus
    Varen Auilarios
    Varen
    Like others said he started it, he had to finish it.
    I also wanted said and Lyris to get a happy ending
    I also freed Mannimarco hoping to punish him myself
    Edited by Jasirus on April 27, 2014 7:14PM
  • eventide7
    eventide7
    ✭✭
    I'm choosing Varen. Mainly because I'm still pissed at Michael Gambon for his refusal to read Rowling's books before tackling the role of Dumbledore and wrecking the character in the films. I cringe every time the prophet speaks; all I can think of is the pride the actor took in refusing to research his character.
  • tylarthb16_ESO
    tylarthb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    Did want to ask, if all are volunteering can't we use them all and make me super strong? Sadly option never appeared.
  • Squishy
    Squishy
    ✭✭✭
    Sai Sahan
    Sai... he reminds me of Jole bingo in kotor, and he insulted me a lot. Time to die.
    "In 2014, a possible bot was sent to coldharbour by a military GM for a crime she didn't commit. This argonian promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Ebonheart underground. Today, still wanted by the developers she survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a bot problem, if no one else can bite you, and if you can find her....maybe you can hire The SQUISHY."
  • Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Uhh you mean I can somehow get the "prophet" killed? Brilliant, I hate that old annoying ***.
    Honor is a dead man's code.
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lyris Titanborn
    I picked Lyris. This was mostly because she annoyed the ever living crap out of me and stood there for most fights doing nothing when she was around. I probably would have let her live but the principle of the matter got the best of me.
  • Eledra
    Eledra
    Well i think that "perfect one" for this "job" is A.V. As someone mentioned Gandalf (that talk to Frodo about Glum in Moria mines) i too feel that for A.V. it "time to go" and i will let him go. As "form" of redemption for his his past action. No chance to let Lyris go, and even though i despise Sai, i will not let him go too.
    o:)
    For Mannimarco and Abnur Tharn is sadly no option, if yes, then i will sacrifice them both at once!
    >:)
    I hate those gray wings at my back,
    because they gave me too much pains in time of my born.
    But, still i love them,
    because they color is not white or black, but beautiful grey.
    And who i am?
    I am sinner, i am haibane.
  • beravinprb19_ESO
    beravinprb19_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    I also released Mannimarco, and I half expected him to try and steal the Amulet of Kings and get sacrificed instead. A shame that did not happen... I went with Varus because he is blind, feeble, and wanted to make things right. I also wanted to give Lyris and Sai a chance.
    Edited by beravinprb19_ESO on April 28, 2014 9:38PM
  • lupusrex
    lupusrex
    ✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    Varen had seen his day. He was no longer a serious contender for the throne and, having gone blind, could work no further on interpreting the Elder Scrolls. All he could do was offer advice and insights from his memory, as well as his minor contribution to a fight. I didn't really care about his lying. I felt that he probably wouldn't have been able to secure the aid of the Vestige by being forthright from the start, and of course all the other Companions helped him maintain the lie.

Sai and Lyris were in love, so it seemed cruel to leave one of them alone. They had spent much of their lives fighting out of necessity, so let them live how they want for a while.
    Martial Keen-Eye ~ Templar Healer/Archer ~ Daggerfall Covenant

"I ain't done nothin'."
  • Blud
    Blud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    I chose Varen. He wasn't fully honest about his identity at the beginning. That bothered me. Yeah, he started it.

I also let Mannimarco go the first time through. Now I have a chance again because the game crashed on me in the middle of the final Molag Bal fight, so I can reconsider it. What happens if you let him go?
  • BrassRazoo
    BrassRazoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    Out with the old and in with the new!
  • Blud
    Blud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    I let Mannimarco free just to see what would happen. Plus, after defeating Molag Bal, he will be able to get free anyway, probably.

Even after choosing VA, I noticed that Lyris said, "We'll never forget you Sai, or your sacrifice." That right there made me wish I had chosen her instead. She's no good for Sai. Some guys just can't let go, though.
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    Varen - He started it, he ended it.

For those that chose Sai, I simply must ask; How?

HOW? How could you deprive Tamriel of a beard so magnificent? Sai could easily become one of the divines on that masterpiece of facial accessories alone.
  • Mishoniko
    Mishoniko
    ✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    Went with Varen, the story was definitely set up for him to take the fall and Sai and Lyris were a budding "thing." If I could do it again tho I'd totally let EVERYONE go in the prison just to see what would happen to them. Aelif (since I sided with Colors) was the only one that was begging to be let go; the others were defiant.
  • Soliduparrow
    Soliduparrow
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone who didnt sacrifice the old guy is an idiot. It is his fault this whole thing happened so he should die to make it right. And why did that *** call me vestige for the entire game? I have *** name you prick.
  • cliveklgb14_ESO
    cliveklgb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    Would love to know the different dialogues after depending on who you choose.

Especially Lyris if you choose Sai Sahan. What does she choose to do then?
  • Elyna
    Elyna
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sai Sahan
    I chose Sai. I didnt hate varen for what he did, he genuinely felt that what he was doing was for the good of the empire (unless I missed something) Mannimarco was the one that screwed everything up. And I wanted to have that mead with Lyris.
  • Rirenraejir
    Rirenraejir
    Soul Shriven
    Varen Auilarios
    I chose Varen, and it was an easy choice, all things considered. Sai and Lyris had plans and feelings for each other, though I didn't dislike any of them. Varen's lie meant nothing to me, and though it was easy to choose him, wrapping my mind around it was not that easy.
    The fattest cat of Tamriel.
  • usula
    usula
    ✭✭
    Sai Sahan
    after all is said and done it really does not matter since you need to battle the final boss alone anyway.
  • gcalex5
    gcalex5
    ✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    Varen it only made sense he had lived a full life and had his redemption. It was time for him to quietly exit the story
  • xt6wagon_ESO
    Varen Auilarios
    I chose Varen because... well... he is an idiot. "oh sorry I lied to you about who I really was". No you didn't. I doubt a single person was shocked at his revelation. Also he is really annoying.
  • Brimsurfer
    Brimsurfer
    ✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    Varen..........but in reality I sacrificed my time and money, the more I play the worse this game gets.
  • _Proteus_
    _Proteus_
    ✭✭
    Lyris Titanborn
    Titanborn, because she was really annoying me with all that talk of self sacrifice. Not to mention that she lacked the most basic understanding of sarcasm. Tharn was actually my favourite character out of the five, with Mannimarco running a close second. The scene with him saying his plot to overthrow Molag Bal as a 'misunderstanding' was hilarious. That being said, I'm surprised anyone would actually release him.
  • KenjiJU
    KenjiJU
    ✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    I thought Varen would ascend to .. something.. after he took the hit. Guess he just died.
  • gcalex5
    gcalex5
    ✭✭✭
    Varen Auilarios
    _Proteus_ wrote: »
    Titanborn, because she was really annoying me with all that talk of self sacrifice. Not to mention that she lacked the most basic understanding of sarcasm. Tharn was actually my favourite character out of the five, with Mannimarco running a close second. The scene with him saying his plot to overthrow Molag Bal as a 'misunderstanding' was hilarious. That being said, I'm surprised anyone would actually release him.

Hey I let him out I figured with the Molag Bal about to get put 6 feet under he was gonna get out eventually and his scene of him being tortured made my heart bleed for him a little
This discussion has been closed.