Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tired of Nightblade

• steinernein
    steinernein
    ✭✭
    vicNBitis wrote: »
    Not a rant. Just pointing out that making an NB work isn't special in any way. Lots of us have already done it. Even the worst preferred build is doable.

No, none of you guys have done it or will do it as none of you guys are the people who posted 600+ sustained DPS with their nightblade; in other words, there is very little reason to read what you have written because you have not pushed the class at all in the right areas. If you were a NB who has pushed those values then I would actually care for what wisdom you may have.

The stupidity of your post does not reflect what is implied or being said and that's making the NB competitive with the top builds of the other class. That is what is meant by viability and writing *** about 300 DPS is certainly evidence towards you being a low tier NB. Unless that was all just a hyperbole...in which case you should post with a bit of honesty.
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    No, none of you guys have done it or will do it as none of you guys are the people who posted 600+ sustained DPS with their nightblade; in other words, there is very little reason to read what you have written because you have not pushed the class at all in the right areas. If you were a NB who has pushed those values then I would actually care for what wisdom you may have.

The stupidity of your post does not reflect what is implied or being said and that's making the NB competitive with the top builds of the other class. That is what is meant by viability and writing *** about 300 DPS is certainly evidence towards you being a low tier NB. Unless that was all just a hyperbole...in which case you should post with a bit of honesty.

There are already plenty of people with builds that can post competitive numbers. Tamriel Foundary has a few. Reddit, maybe you've heard of it. Google has a feature where you can search for pages created in the last week. Lots there as well. So what ground are you expecting to break? None. You're just a L2P *** who wants to post snide comments about how you can do it better. Well, it's been done. The problem is not everyone cares about a build that's not theirs.

Honesty? Ok, the 300-sustained-DPS-on-a-long-fight build can do 2,300 DPS on other fights. Or 5,300. The class is a wreck. Your sanctimonious, condescending posts won't change that.
  • Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a rant. Just pointing out that making an NB work isn't special in any way. Lots of us have already done it. Even the worst preferred build is doable.

I've done it, and with a very basic build. You just need to learn how to animation cancel, have specific armor and weapons, and you can raise your single target DPS pretty high.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/dw-assassin-nb-it-does-exist/

I used this build for fun and to speed through VR content. I have different builds for groups and PvP, but this build works for PvE. The first mob that I couldn't beat with this build was at VR9 and was a troll boss that I couldn't get behind to start the fight.
    Edited by Vuron on May 23, 2014 4:22PM
  • steinernein
    steinernein
    ✭✭
    Honesty? Ok, the 300-sustained-DPS-on-a-long-fight build can do 2,300 DPS on other fights. Or 5,300. The class is a wreck. Your sanctimonious, condescending posts won't change that.

What is the point? You have nothing to add to the dialogue. You've quit, you've given up, you believe - with all your ignorance - that every single path has been tread and the best people can yield is 300 sustained DPS (even though I already said 600+ is what a few builds are capable of).

And even if I were to add another build it doesn't matter because the class is whack and it's just another L2P build/post and irrelevant because it's not everyone else's build.

Then again, you never understood the context; while you talk about solo which everyone and their mother can do, the only thing that concerns people are dungeons and group content. People do care about that and adding yet another build or variation thereof that's competitive contributes to a healthy meta game.

But whatever right? All grounds have been trampled across, every stone turned, this class absolutely has no possibilities left for it. Might as well roll a DK.
    Vuron wrote: »
    I used this build for fun and to speed through VR content. I have different builds for groups and PvP, but this build works for PvE. The first mob that I couldn't beat with this build was at VR9 and was a troll boss that I couldn't get behind to start the fight.

You probably don't count as one of those people I was referring to. I am well aware that there are a few good NB builds out there.
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    What is the point? You have nothing to add to the dialogue. You've quit, you've given up, you believe - with all your ignorance - that every single path has been tread and the best people can yield is 300 sustained DPS (even though I already said 600+ is what a few builds are capable of).

Where did I say 300 is the best you can do? I said the exact opposite. I said the DPS build with the worst sustainable DPS is still viable. The worst. Do you have a grown up there that can read my posts to you?
    And even if I were to add another build it doesn't matter because the class is whack and it's just another L2P build/post and irrelevant because it's not everyone else's build.

No, what's "whack" is your *** L2P attitude and posting it in a thread where NBs are talking about legitimate, acknowledged(by Zenimax...you know the creaters of the class) issues with the class.
    Then again, you never understood the context; while you talk about solo which everyone and their mother can do, the only thing that concerns people me are dungeons and group content. People do care about that and adding yet another build or variation thereof that's competitive contributes to a healthy meta game.

There. I fixed that for you.
    But whatever right? All grounds have been trampled across, every stone turned, this class absolutely has no possibilities left for it. Might as well roll a DK.

I'm guessing you already have one....
    Edited by vicNBitis on May 23, 2014 5:44PM
  • dracobains_ESO
    dracobains_ESO
    ✭✭✭

read yer own lines more closely and you know im right!
    On top of that I live in a free country with freedom of speech I have the right to say whatever I want....guess ya missed that class too!

And telling people to use their brains is not the same as telling them that they are stupid, however you tend to lean to the latter cause you apparently cannot make this distinction! (look I hinted to you being stupid but I did not actually say that!!!)

And Freud bah I guess you didn't do any psychology research ever in yer life that's fine not everyone is educated !

Have fun in yer next game!

PS: yes I say yer cause im lazy!

rofl.. I teach psychology. You make the most ridiculous accusations and posts I think I have ever encountered. I am sure you make yourself feel smart at least.

IRONCLAD of Ebonheart Pact
    We don't have popularity contests because we believe it is better to be Feared than Loved.
  • steinernein
    steinernein
    ✭✭

Where did I say 300 is the best you can do? I said the exact opposite. I said the DPS build with the worst sustainable DPS is still viable. The worst. Do you have a grown up there that can read my posts to you?

300 DPS is not competitive, why are you even talking about that still? I think you lack reading comprehension. The conversation was never about being viable in the lower tiers but in the upper echelons of dungeon runs, this should have been obvious if you bothered reading.

You're talking about solo content and how it's not much to brag about being viable/competitive in solo when I have been addressing group content the entire time.

No, what's "whack" is your *** L2P attitude and posting it in a thread where NBs are talking about legitimate, acknowledged(by Zenimax...you know the creaters of the class) issues with the class.

Well, let's be honest, you do need to L2P - as displayed with your lack of knowledge of how the game actually functions - and no this thread is mainly filled with whines and less about legitimate issues. The issues that plague NB do not prevent it from being competitive with a multitude of builds which is more than can be said about the sorc.
    There. I fixed that for you.

Group content is where most NBs are having difficulties with, reference other threads.

Bottom line is that you still have nothing to offer for this discussion and you still have no clue what you're talking about when it comes to Nightblades -- that and you lack reading comprehension. Your negativity is pretty amazing though.
  • LHJMHalmansb16_ESO

read yer own lines more closely and you know im right!
    On top of that I live in a free country with freedom of speech I have the right to say whatever I want....guess ya missed that class too!

And telling people to use their brains is not the same as telling them that they are stupid, however you tend to lean to the latter cause you apparently cannot make this distinction! (look I hinted to you being stupid but I did not actually say that!!!)

And Freud bah I guess you didn't do any psychology research ever in yer life that's fine not everyone is educated !

Have fun in yer next game!

PS: yes I say yer cause im lazy!

rofl.. I teach psychology. You make the most ridiculous accusations and posts I think I have ever encountered. I am sure you make yourself feel smart at least.

Doesn't show it bet its some kind of surfsup dude school!
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    300 DPS is not competitive, why are you even talking about that still? I think you lack reading comprehension. The conversation was never about being viable in the lower tiers but in the upper echelons of dungeon runs, this should have been obvious if you bothered reading.

You're talking about solo content and how it's not much to brag about being viable/competitive in solo when I have been addressing group content the entire time.

Sorry, but you're a g'damn moron. The OP was about questing. Most of the posts were about skills and the general state of the class. The posts prior to your initial one were about skills and the general state of the class.
    Well, let's be honest, you do need to L2P - as displayed with your lack of knowledge of how the game actually functions - and no this thread is mainly filled with whines and less about legitimate issues. The issues that plague NB do not prevent it from being competitive with a multitude of builds which is more than can be said about the sorc.

Yeah, definitely a moron.
    Group content is where most NBs are having difficulties with, reference other threads.

Bottom line is that you still have nothing to offer for this discussion and you still have no clue what you're talking about when it comes to Nightblades -- that and you lack reading comprehension. Your negativity is pretty amazing though.

Then go threadsh!t in there. You might actually be useful for a change.
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    And just to put a cap on this entirely pathetic conversation with a turd. Here are your "contributions" to this thread. None of them are about "upper echelons of dungeon runs" or whatever else you now want to talk about.
    Nah, you're just doing it wrong. If you're using dual wield as your primary source of damage then you'll actually have to put points into it and use abilities that work well with dual wielding.

You'll also have to consider survivability, so probably evasion (stacking?).

If you're taking siphoning for damage then you should be going light armor and you should consider a resto staff. Weapon attacks without putting points into stamina is kinda pointless.
    I am pretty sure I could make a 'rogue' like NB and be competitive.
    Pretty sure I can in terms of time-to-kill, but intuitiveness and error-handling, probably not as it will require more finesse and digging around for skills to synergize with.
    I wonder how Drain Power, Siphoning Attacks, Camoflaged Hunter, Shadowy Disguise, and whirlwind would do in an AoE situation. Someone go test it.
    You should wonder what Power Extraction>Forward Momentum>Unstoppable could do to someone with Critcal Charge and max distance on their bar.
  • dracobains_ESO
    dracobains_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Doesn't show it bet its some kind of surfsup dude school!

you just enjoy making crap up don't you? WTF is a dude school?

Oh wait.. it is just garbage you create to misdirect from the fact your posts are without validation and your narcissistic self can't deal with that realization.

IRONCLAD of Ebonheart Pact
    We don't have popularity contests because we believe it is better to be Feared than Loved.
  • LHJMHalmansb16_ESO
    guess you never heard of surfing slang....
    Whatever you don't see my points so then I refused to validate yours and now im narcissistic? ROFL another mirror comment?

Love that kettle pot way of looking at things man keep it up youll get far in life!
  • Aoifesan
    Aoifesan
    ✭✭✭

I'm posting 300-450DPS on a Nightblade as a Tank(where you know you spend more time just blocking)

I can with DW and Bow post numbers for AoE as high as 1200. Sustained. But that requires a boss that has lots of minion adds.
  • Therium104
    Therium104
    ✭✭✭
    I am playing a NB, now level 42. And im sick and tired of it.
    I skilled Dual wield and syphoning. Now...i wouldnt call myself a bad player, but there is definitely something wrong when you die several times at EVERY major quest.
    When i fight packs of three without my ultimate up, there is always a chance of at least 50 % i simply die.
    Bossmonster are alltogether impossible. Mannimarco at level 40 (mind you, im 42) killed me 47 times without me even getting him to 50% health. Yes, i do block, i do dodge.
    I even reset my attributes from Stamina to Magic (for nearly 5k gold btw), and it doesnt help.
    I dont even know which armor to wear. Light armor for the Syphoning? Medium Armor for the dual wield?
    This class makes no sense.

We have something in common. I am tired of NB complaining. So you died. Stop with the whining.
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sick to ******* death of my NB skills NOT ******* working!

Stuns don't apply, damage doesn't count, crits fail, and sometimes I'll press the button and NOTHING WILL ******* HAPPEN!

Is it too much to expect the very ******* basics of a game to actually work!?

• Bezz
    Bezz
    ✭✭
    There are to many of you complaining about nothing. Yes some moves don't work exactly how they should, but don't get on the forums complaining you can't do content with a NB. It is easy as every other class. As some say L2P.
  • altrego9920_ESO
    Bezz wrote: »
    There are to many of you complaining about nothing. Yes some moves don't work exactly how they should, but don't get on the forums complaining you can't do content with a NB. It is easy as every other class. As some say L2P.

pre vet rank i might agree, post vet ranks... just read in chat what people are looking for in trials... DK or Sorc... you might see them looking for 1 or 2 heal spec temps... NB don't bring anything to the table that another class doesn't bring 3 or 5x as much so why should i bring a class that needs to be carried through content instead of bringing a class that will help me succeed in content?
  • Ilterendi
    Ilterendi
    ✭✭✭
    Bezz wrote: »

pre vet rank i might agree, post vet ranks... just read in chat what people are looking for in trials... DK or Sorc... you might see them looking for 1 or 2 heal spec temps... NB don't bring anything to the table that another class doesn't bring 3 or 5x as much so why should i bring a class that needs to be carried through content instead of bringing a class that will help me succeed in content?

Caster NBs are competitive. Stamina builds are not, often regardless of the class.
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ilterendi wrote: »
    Caster NBs are competitive. Stamina builds are not, often regardless of the class.

Its not just stamina builds. NB melee magicka builds arent competitive either. And lets be honest, the majority of people who rolled a NB expected blades, mobility and stealth to be bread and butter of the class as per description on the character creation screen. Instead that playstyle, be it magicka or stamina based, is crap.
    Edited by khele23eb17_ESO on June 7, 2014 7:23AM
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • SWEtree
    SWEtree
    The class is beyond useless and broken. If you use 100% of your magicka pool then you are great against single mobs. But there are no single mobs in vet zones. I have tried all speccs and all weapons,spent more than 100k in respeccs and at veteran rank 3 i just had enough. Its a good fight 1v2 mobs and i die if i make one single mistake. I die 9/10 times when i fight 3 mobs. The class is beyond broken.
    I have rerolled a 2-3button class now.
    Balance ftw
  • plaxy186
    plaxy186
    SWEtree wrote: »
    The class is beyond useless and broken. If you use 100% of your magicka pool then you are great against single mobs. But there are no single mobs in vet zones. I have tried all speccs and all weapons,spent more than 100k in respeccs and at veteran rank 3 i just had enough. Its a good fight 1v2 mobs and i die if i make one single mistake. I die 9/10 times when i fight 3 mobs. The class is beyond broken.

Have you tried drain power to impulse\elemental ring with destruction staff while wearing all light and mage guild's mage light on bar. Throw in volcanic rune for good measure and siphoning strikes. You might be surprised how well that works. On your single target bar carry a resto staff and shadow cloak to veiled strike heavy attack then killerblade with impunity. Many can attest to the effectiveness of this build. So you sure you've tried everything.
  • altrego9920_ESO
    I am starting to believe that the game should just be called magic online, not elder scrolls. The play how you want line seems to be total BS, every previous ES title I've played all my characters were mostly physical with just a touch of magic to assist. This game forced everyone to go full magic builds with all class skills being magic based, and the lack of synergy of NB is really disheartening. The setup you mention Plax while viable, is still not as good as DK or sorcs. I do not believe they should continue to nerf the classes but bring temps and nb up to par. Destroying other classes abilities just to make them as bad a others so they are equal is perhaps the single most *** way of fixing a game i have ever heard of. They really need to make all skills viable, and not by trashing everything else until your just picking through a turd bucket.
  • SWEtree
    SWEtree
    plaxy186 wrote: »

Have you tried drain power to impulse\elemental ring with destruction staff while wearing all light and mage guild's mage light on bar. Throw in volcanic rune for good measure and siphoning strikes. You might be surprised how well that works. On your single target bar carry a resto staff and shadow cloak to veiled strike heavy attack then killerblade with impunity. Many can attest to the effectiveness of this build. So you sure you've tried everything.

Wrote that in a state of rage and after way to many deaths. I have tried "Very Many" speccs. That sounds more realistic :) I havent tried exactly this one you suggested and once ive farmed money then ill try it out.
    Thanks.

PS: Still sticking with my rerolled char but ill give this build a go anyway.
    Balance ftw
  • steinernein
    steinernein
    ✭✭

Wrote that in a state of rage and after way to many deaths. I have tried "Very Many" speccs. That sounds more realistic :) I havent tried exactly this one you suggested and once ive farmed money then ill try it out.
    Thanks.

PS: Still sticking with my rerolled char but ill give this build a go anyway.

You should just stick with your new character, you don't seem to be able to have what it takes to play a Nightblade.
  • SWEtree
    SWEtree
    I agree with you steinernein. Not my type of class. Atleast not now. Maybe after the fix. I dont have what it takes :neutral_face:
    Balance ftw
  • golem75eb17_ESO
    Anyway, maybe steinernein could enlighten us...
  • steinernein
    steinernein
    ✭✭
    Anyway, maybe steinernein could enlighten us...
    or maybe you could put effort into the class...humm too much to ask? Do you really want to be spoon fed?

• Aoifesan
    Aoifesan
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like Killer's Blade to do more damage than a light attack at all points on the the creature's hit point bar.

If I mistime the first Killer's blade at 26% rather than 25% health, I get a hit that is 120ish

• Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, without ulti Nightblades are really weak. And what sucks most - there's nothing we can do so that others can say "Wow, that's cool. How can they do it?".

Sorcs have bolt escape and lightning form. DKs have lots of aoe CC and buffs.
    What can NBs do? 3 second invisibility that costs a lot of magicka?
  • hasselhoffman
    hasselhoffman
    ✭✭✭
    plaxy186 wrote: »

I completely agree with you on this, but... The medium armor, dual wielding, and bow nightblade shouldn't have to respec and jump into this build because of the game being more friendly towards caster builds. I went both dual-wielding for both primary and secondary and now that I have VR12 purple crafted sets with divines it's made taking mobs of three less difficult. It's still rough and requires precision to pull this off and careful choices. The medium melee class got really boned in PvE when Dark Shades stopped taking aggro. That's my opinion on it though, but I totally thumbs up that build you described sounds like a wrecking ball in PvP.