Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

11 Quests away from Bangkorai Quest Achievement, What am i missing?

• Anzaman
    Anzaman
    ✭✭✭
    Just completed Bangkorai and managed to find 44 of 53 quests during my time there. I do believe that they accidentally typed 53 instead of 43, and hopefully they'll fix this soon.
    Nilene Nightsky - Healer Warden
    Niomia Nightsky - Stamina Nightblade
    Ebonheart Pact (EU) Veteran: 10 - CP: 101
    Options
  • alex394053
    43/53 for me. Where did you find 44th? :)
    Options
  • RageKiwiEater
    yep , the same problem - this achievement bugged.Need to spam ZOS tickets to fix it.
    Options
  • dnet78
    dnet78
    Soul Shriven
    gone through on veteran lvl and stuck at 44/53 either no enough quests or there were some in the phased section i missed
    Options
  • Kaskako
    Kaskako
    ✭✭
    46/53...

Can we at least get a statement indicating if we should continue looking for these ghost quests noone can find or if as we think is the case, there arent enough quests?

Basically should i continue wasting my time trying to find these quests???
    Options
  • skyprowerb14_ESO
    Of course not. If you've scoured every inch of Bangkorai already, there's no reason to keep looking. Move onward, head to whatever's next on your list! It'll be a lot more fun than searching for quests that probably don't exist, and if they do exist or if the typo gets fixed, you can just come back to Bangkorai later.
    Sahraaji, Covenant Khajiit Templar, Ch90 Ranger (DPS)
    Jah'zaan, Covenant Khajiit Nightblade, Pre-Champ Acrobat (DPS)
    Cleaves-In-Two, Pact Argonian Dragonknight, Pre-Champ Mercenary (Tank)
    Cylaerin, Dominion Bosmer Sorceror, Pre-Champ Sage (Healer)
    (@SkyBlueFox1)
    Options
  • BobZul
    BobZul
    46/53
    This bug is still active, but unconfirmed by ZO.
    Options
  • Orama
    Orama
    ✭✭
    I can also confirm there are only 47 quests in the area. I tend to believe the problem lies to some quests were you can skip by intimidating or persuading ppl. The same problem is in EP area shadowfen were many ppl are stuck to 60/62 quests and it was indentified it happened because of that. I hope the devs will fix this problem in following patces as many ppl want their achievements!
    Edited by Orama on April 27, 2014 8:43AM
    Options
  • Korereactor
    Korereactor
    ✭✭✭
    44/53 here too. Don't see where there's actually 53. It has to be bugged or they took out some quests before launch.
    Edited by Korereactor on April 27, 2014 9:49AM
    Options
  • BobZul
    BobZul
    ZO is denying this being a bug:

Greetings Brave Warrior of The Covenant Not,

Thank you in advance for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Support Team!
    We do apologize for the inconvenience this in game issue might be causing you.

Regarding your issue, I may see brave hero, that your will to protect the land, help others and free us of the will of Molag Bal is grand. Unfortunately, in these days evil is spread all around and from commoners to nobles and even royals all need aid. You may find them in the most far away or hidden places. They may ask you to aid them with small tasks or with big deeds. I invite you to once again explore the land in all these places, big and small, high and low, dungeons, caverns and fields in search of such people. Many times I have found those in need of help that I hadn't before when revisiting the beautiful lands that are under the rule of the Covenant.
    Due to game mechanics I may not provide more information but I do invite you to search on the forums and ask other players as they may provide valuable information on quests that you may be missing.
    Options
  • Ygge
    Ygge
    To begin with, has anyone completed the achievement? If so, I'd appreciate a heads up. No fancy description of every quest or so, it would just be nice to know if it is possible to hunt down the quests. It kind of feels like all this running around is in vain at the moment.
    Options
  • Atyx
    Atyx
    No one has completed the achievement.
    Options
  • Atyx
    Atyx
    BobZul wrote: »
    ZO is denying this being a bug:

Greetings Brave Warrior of The Covenant Not,

Thank you in advance for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Support Team!
    We do apologize for the inconvenience this in game issue might be causing you.

Regarding your issue, I may see brave hero, that your will to protect the land, help others and free us of the will of Molag Bal is grand. Unfortunately, in these days evil is spread all around and from commoners to nobles and even royals all need aid. You may find them in the most far away or hidden places. They may ask you to aid them with small tasks or with big deeds. I invite you to once again explore the land in all these places, big and small, high and low, dungeons, caverns and fields in search of such people. Many times I have found those in need of help that I hadn't before when revisiting the beautiful lands that are under the rule of the Covenant.
    Due to game mechanics I may not provide more information but I do invite you to search on the forums and ask other players as they may provide valuable information on quests that you may be missing.

That has to be the shittiest reply. If 10001 people cant find the damned quests, then they better be under the ground or something.
    Options
  • Supernick
    Supernick
    I've also been in contact with ZOS regarding this achievement, they informed there is no bug. However they said they'll investigate after my reply today (they've quite quick in replying. which is always a plus).

Here's the email chain (incoming wall of text :P):

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but I have no idea what to do, so I thought I may as well inform a GM. The Bangkorai quest achievement (for the daggerfall covenant) requires a total of 53 quests in the area to complete the achievement, it says I currenlty have completed 44 quests, but the thing is, there are no more quests in the area to complete, I can't find any, I've been to every discoverable location on the map and there's no extra quests. Is there a bug within this achievement? Maybe some quests didn't count towards the achievement or it's not ment to be 53 (text error)? Or there's an area that I (and after looking at forums, many other players) have missed as well.

Greetings Traveler!
    We do apologize for the issues you are currently having. We are currently looking into this issue right now. Sending this up to our tech department to investigate further. Keep an eye out for a response email in the near future. Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Support Team and have a wonderful day!
    Warm Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team

Greetings Traveler,
    Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Support Team. My name is Desiree and it is my pleasure to assist you.
    I understand you are having troubles locating all of the quests in the Bangkorai questline. Currently there are no known bugs when it comes to this achievement, just keep looking for more quests! Follow the well-worn roads, and then travel off the beaten paths! Look near points of interest and in the middle of nowhere! You never can tell where there are people who need your help.
    You may also want to revisit some NPCs that have given you previous quests, as they may have more for you to complete. Discovering and exploring the dungeons and caves in Bangkorai may also help you complete these quests and achievements.
    Safe travels through Tamriel. And remember, what doesn't kill you gives you XP! Unless it's fishing, then it just gives you fish!
    May the divines guide you, friend.

Desiree - ESO Support Team

Dear Desiree,

Thank you for the reply.
    Today I took your advice and spent a number of hours searching through Bangkorai for more quests, unfortunately I only found 1 extra.
    I would like to direct your attention to the attached screenshot, it is of my map of Bangkorai. As you can see, I have discovered all areas of interest on the map (and you can see that the areas are filled with white, indicating I have completed the quests associated with that area), yet there are no more quests to complete at any of these areas. I had looked at a third party website that has a guide to all Bangkoari quests, I counted a total of 55 quests in the zone, so my concern is, previous quests I have completed did not count towards the achievement, is it possible to investigate this? There may possibly be a bug?

I would also like to direct your attention to this link: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/73735/11-quests-away-from-bangkorai-quest-achievement-what-am-i-missing.
    It is a forum post on the Official Elder Scrolls Online forums regarding this exact issue, there are many, many other players like me, whom have looked all over Bangkorai and are still coming up short and unable to complete the achievement.

I thank you for the assistance you have offered so far and I look forward to hearing from you.

Greetings again Traveler!
    I commend you on your thorough exploration of Bangkorai! I must say, your map is pretty impressive. There are a total of 53 quests on the Bangkorai questline. At this time, I have notified the higher mages of your issue and they will investigate further to determine whether or not you were properly awarded the achievements from the previous quests you've completed.
    In the meantime, have you been to Northglen lately? A little birdie warned me that there's chaos everywhere. Be careful though, brave warrior, I hear its pretty uncanny around there!

May the divines guide you, friend.

Desiree - ESO Support Team
    Options
  • Skylandra
    Skylandra
    ✭✭✭
    Glad I found this thread - I have exactly the same problem - Quest count stuck at 43/53. At this point I am a Dominion Hero working his way to Pact Hero, but I really only want to be a Daggerfall Hero.

I have done a few /bug reports in game \, I hope they sort this issue
    Options
  • eobethb14_ESO
    eobethb14_ESO
    ✭✭
    I am sitting at 44/53 atm with the 2 guild quests left to do. If there are more quests out there, I sure have not found them. :(
    Options
  • BobZul
    BobZul
    I got to 47/53.
    The dungeon quest counted as the 47th. But that's it.

I've gotten ZO Support to acknowledge the issue:
    Hello,
    From my understanding, your having problems with the achievement. This is a known issue that we are currently investigating. I apologize for the inconvenience, I assure you I haven't lost you, and this ticket is getting escalated to a team that handles in game bugs. Once again, I apologize for this issue and the misunderstanding.
    Options
  • bzgzd6
    bzgzd6
    I am also at 46/53

I did 44 quests from those lists with 57 quests:
    http://esohead.com/quests#zone:92
    http://elderscrollsonline.info/quests?tv|location=663

and +2 those lists are missing
    The Mystery of Razak
    The Covenant Infiltrator

For me missing (and probably skip-able) quests are:
    Leading the Stand (37)
    The Constellation Shard (38)
    The Water Stone (38)
    News on the Garrison (40)
    Report to Evermore (40)
    The Prince's Health (40)

---

But problem is with 7 quests that are in those lists and have for Bangkorai very low level:
    Supporting Force (26)
    The Dead and the Dying (27)
    A Master's Last Request (28)
    Jharad's Notes (28)
    The Crocodiles' Many Tears (29)
    The Reachmen Camp (29)
    Fortune and Opportunity (30)

Some people got official answers with also those low lvl quests as not done by them, so they still count them as Bangkorai quests
    http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/23mpg8/bangkorai_quests_achievement_is_buggedincorrect/

Where they removed from the game and achievement not updated?
    Options
  • tokimasapreeb18_ESO
    Just +1
    I am at 44/53
    Options
  • anothername
    Stuck at 44/53
    Thanks for that thread. Saved a lot of time searching for nothing :/
    Options
  • sinz_xb16_ESO
    sinz_xb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Stuck at 44/53, searched all over the place but nothing to be found anymore. Veteran zone BTW.
    "We will make sure that no matter where you live, every player in North America, Europe, Oceania, and many places beyond will have a polished, lag-free launch experience" - Matt Firor

Proud second-rate customer (PC-EU)
    Options
  • Elvai
    Elvai
    Soul Shriven
    45/53

But still....no achievement...
    Options
  • Arzarzel
    Arzarzel
    ✭✭
    I kinda feel that there are some questgivers who are bugged...there is an area with a lot of trolls and there is a corpse of a woman on the ground. I think u should get a quest there ...just a feeling . So maybe this questline is bugged or not obtainable.
    Options
  • Arzarzel
    Arzarzel
    ✭✭
    Support talk:
    Me:
    Hey, could it be that the questachievement for bangkorai is bugged? i am curretly at 46/53
    Support:
    Rückmeldung Von E-Mail (Denis) (29.04.2014 23:57)
    Greetings!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team.

We are aware of an issue that is causing some quests to not award the correct achievements linked to them, and it is an issue we hope to have resolved in the future.

You can also find this information in our knowledge base, which we consistently update with any changes. Use the following link for the most up-to-date information regarding your question:

http://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/home?region=US
    Options
  • Shimizu
    Shimizu
    ✭✭
    +1 same problem 44/53
    Options
  • Reymas
    Reymas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Damn and here I was hoping I had 9 more quests to help me get to VR6. No such luck I guess.
    Honor, Duty and Piety for Morrowind
    Options
  • Hilgara
    Hilgara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a large building showing in the south east corner of the map but there doesn't appear to be a way to reach it. It looks live there would be some quests there because its empty of any markers.
    Options
  • AH93
    AH93
    ✭✭✭
    I'm stuck at 45/53 too, fix it ZOS.
    Options
  • Elusmus
    Elusmus
    im stuck on 44/53 as well been travelling around and i cant see anywhere that ive missed :(
    Options
  • JeffKnight
    JeffKnight
    ✭✭✭
    44/53 and the dungeon would be 45. Something is amiss.
    Officer of Exceptional Legion
    http://www.exceptionallegion.com
    Auriel's Bow - NA
    Options