Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

11 Quests away from Bangkorai Quest Achievement, What am i missing?

• Azula
    Azula
    I managed to do all the quests listed on dulfy.net other then guild/main story quest, Messages Across Tamriel, and The Weight of Three Crowns as they are only for DC players, not in the VR zones. That put me at 45/53. Achievement is wrong.
    Edited by Azula on May 18, 2014 1:57PM
    Options
  • Gwarok
    Gwarok
    ✭✭✭
    I have just one question out of those that are having trouble completing "53-ish out of 53-ish quests". Do you have the Intimidate and/or the Persuasive passive skills (located in the light and heavy armor trees, IIRC); and when you are in the middle of a quest chain, are choosing (or even not choosing at times) to use one, or the other, or both those skills "every now and then"? I think I have a pretty good idea on how you we are coming up short.

Example:
    Cave_of_time.jpg
    ©Bantam Books
    Edited by Gwarok on May 18, 2014 3:09PM
    "Strive for balance of all things. When the scales tip to one side or the other, someone or somethings gets short-changed. When someone gets short-changed, unpredictability and strife unbalance the world around us...To achieve freedom from greed, from want, and from strife, all parties in any exchange MUST find balance." -House Hlaalu's Philosophy of Trade

"I am ALWAYS very busy, so I KNOW what's best. You need to stay away from the waterfall. TRUST ME, you're better off keeping busy than playing in the stream....Do you know how to swim, Little Scrib?"

"I am but a simple farmer". -Rags'nar LodesBroke

#SKOOMA!

(Juliet):
    ...it is nor hand, nor foot,
    Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
    Belonging to a man.
    O, be some other name!
    What's in a name?
    That which we call a rose?
    By any other name would smell as sweet.
    Retain that dear perfection to which he owes...
    (Act II, Scene II -William Shakespeare's: Romeo & Juliet -1595 A.D.)

Options
  • Azula
    Azula
    @Gwarok‌

They only let you skip steps of quests not whole quests.

Like someone tells you they will help you if you go kill 10 rats for them and you tell them where to stick their rats and you will take their head off if they don't help you right now.‌

Options
  • Gwarok
    Gwarok
    ✭✭✭
    @‌Azula

+1 Insightful

I wasn't quite sure because sometimes it seems that one quest can automatically chain into the next one with a (i.e.) "You completed: 'such and such'; then goes right in to "You have started the quest: 'this and that'."... in the middle of conversing with an NPC during dialog.
    Edited by Gwarok on May 18, 2014 4:10PM
    "Strive for balance of all things. When the scales tip to one side or the other, someone or somethings gets short-changed. When someone gets short-changed, unpredictability and strife unbalance the world around us...To achieve freedom from greed, from want, and from strife, all parties in any exchange MUST find balance." -House Hlaalu's Philosophy of Trade

"I am ALWAYS very busy, so I KNOW what's best. You need to stay away from the waterfall. TRUST ME, you're better off keeping busy than playing in the stream....Do you know how to swim, Little Scrib?"

"I am but a simple farmer". -Rags'nar LodesBroke

#SKOOMA!

(Juliet):
    ...it is nor hand, nor foot,
    Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
    Belonging to a man.
    O, be some other name!
    What's in a name?
    That which we call a rose?
    By any other name would smell as sweet.
    Retain that dear perfection to which he owes...
    (Act II, Scene II -William Shakespeare's: Romeo & Juliet -1595 A.D.)

Options
  • Nachtrabe
    Nachtrabe
    ✭✭✭
    46 / 53 and stuck.
    Options
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try the undiscovered add on and see if anything shows up as undiscovered. I did find one quest on one map that way. It might help, it might not. That add on is on esoui, not sure where else.
    Options
  • Jon.fungyb16_ESO
    I think this answers the query.....

"Greetings fellow adventurer,

Thank you for contacting the Elder Scrolls Online Team.

We are sorry to hear that you didn't receive your achievement's and we want to thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We are aware that some players are not receiving this achievement and we are working in order to resolve this issue as fast as possible.

Please keep an eye on upcoming patch notes in your website, which when patch is installed fixes some quests and achievements.I will set this ticket as solved but this doesn't mean that your issue is not being taken to consideration.

If you have any other doubts or issues not related to this, please feel free to contact us by replying to this e-mail.

Warm Regards,

André

The Elder Scrolls Online Team"
    Edited by Jon.fungyb16_ESO on May 19, 2014 9:32AM
    Options
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I also have 44/53.

But now another thing. I am vet 3 in Grahtwood. I have 7 quests short there because of the achievement. And there is nothing left.

Is this because i cannot do the mainquest/mageguild/fighterguild in that area because they are not there at vet lvl? that will mean we will miss a lot more achievements in Veteran area's.

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
    Options
  • Azarul
    Azarul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    I also have 44/53.

But now another thing. I am vet 3 in Grahtwood. I have 7 quests short there because of the achievement. And there is nothing left.

Is this because i cannot do the mainquest/mageguild/fighterguild in that area because they are not there at vet lvl? that will mean we will miss a lot more achievements in Veteran area's.

No, I was able to get this one just the other day.

Options
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The response I get from my ticket.
    "Well met fellow Adventurer!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team.

We're sorry to hear you're having this issue and we apologize for any frustration this has caused you.

I totally understand your point, as I am looking forward to complete all the achievements and earn those titles as you do. I am truly sorry that I do not have more information to give you at this moment. We are currently investigating the issue. Please bear with us while we work on a solution.

If you'd like to help speed up the solution, type "/bug" in the chat window while in-game and give as much detail as possible about the issue. If necessary check the "Include Screenshot?" box to include a screenshot of the issue.

We recommend that you keep an eye on our latest patch notes for information on our most recent bug fixes. You can find all the latest patch notes here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/categories/patch-notes.

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Best Regards,
    J.M.
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team"
    The reply I provided.
    "Dear Joao,

My concern is this and I wish to have a clear answer.

Is the number of quests required correct?
    Are the quests bugged or quest givers bugged?
    Do some quests offer more chains based on decision?
    You mentioned solution, but what type of measures are you looking into? (e.g. making the quest givers more obvious? Correcting the requirement?)

I suggest pinning a thread for players to understand the situation rather than wasting our time doing the impossible. Please provide players a clear direction and understand that in order for the game to be successful, it does not depend wholely on the developers but rather both player support and communication. You as a player should be able to understand how much time you spent on the game looking for said missing quests, multiply by the player base and you'll get a ridiculous lifetime wasted. Please help making whoever in charge understand this.

Let them see this point that we were promised for. We pay subscriptions to gain access to full content, and this clearly shows some content is hidden from us.

Regards,

Let's see what's their response is. This is utterly ridiculous. I can't sleep or progress further because of this. Yeah call me OCD but I can't stand these kinda stuff.

**EDIT**

Reply received. Finally (:
    Greetings,

Thank you for contacting the Elder Scrolls online Customer Support team!

I apologise for the issues you are having with the Bangkorai Achievement.

There is an issue with this quest achievement bugging and showing more quest than necessary. According to what we have here you should have been rewarded this achievement. If you still do not have it in your journal please let me know as we are addressing unregistered achievements in an upcoming patch.

In the meantime please try to continue on with the game and increase your veteran rank by exploring the other regions.

If there is anything further I can do to assist you please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Divines guide you, friend!
    Conor
    The Elder Scrolls Online
    We shall wait for the next patch then (:
    Edited by Aeradon on May 21, 2014 1:13PM
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
    Options
  • indigoblades
    indigoblades
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem in Shadowfen and Eastmarch. This game is so bugged its getting harder to play everyday.
    Options
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same problem in Shadowfen and Eastmarch. This game is so bugged its getting harder to play everyday.

Those zones aren't bugged with regard to quests. It's just hard to find all the quests. Especially in Shadowfen. I can assure you that I have completed both of those zones. Try doing a search on these forums for "shadowfen quests". There is a thread where people have listed some of the harder to find quests you may have missed. You can also try running along all the roads in the zone. Many quest NPCs are triggered from certain points on the path. Good luck.
    Options
  • schroed360
    schroed360
    ✭✭✭
    EQBallzz wrote: »

Those zones aren't bugged with regard to quests. It's just hard to find all the quests. Especially in Shadowfen. I can assure you that I have completed both of those zones. Try doing a search on these forums for "shadowfen quests". There is a thread where people have listed some of the harder to find quests you may have missed. You can also try running along all the roads in the zone. Many quest NPCs are triggered from certain points on the path. Good luck.

Sorry but u are doing some misinformation .In shadowfen u can actually definitly miss enought quest to miss the achievement . I get it with 64/62 but this thanks to not missing" bound to the bog " before "saving the relic" then "eye of the ennemy " before saving"trail of the skin stealer " and then"what happen at murkwater "before doing the hissmir quest(don't remember the exact name).
    Just post in order to make thing more precise .
    Edited by schroed360 on May 22, 2014 9:31AM
    Options
  • AH93
    AH93
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone say whether the recent patch has fixed this?

I just did a research of Bangkorai, every single area (fourth time I've done this now) and no more quests, I'm at 45/53.
    Options
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was nothing in the patch notes about it so I guess not. :(

I guess they did fix the summoner world boss so that's something.
    Options
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    schroed360 wrote: »
    EQBallzz wrote: »

Sorry but u are doing some misinformation .In shadowfen u can actually definitly miss enought quest to miss the achievement . I get it with 64/62 but this thanks to not missing" bound to the bog " before "saving the relic" then "eye of the ennemy " before saving"trail of the skin stealer " and then"what happen at murkwater "before doing the hissmir quest(don't remember the exact name).
    Just post in order to make thing more precise .

Having a hard time understanding your post but I'm not aware of any quests that are actually missing..they are just hard to find. What do you mean you "get it with 64/62.."? You saying you have more quests than the achievement requires? Is that a typo? I have no clue. I don't think I'm "doing some misinformation" but it's at least readable and understandable in any event. :open_mouth:
    Options
  • argonfalis
    argonfalis
    Soul Shriven
    same problem… now the question is: if there is a so big bug, when they will fix it? O.o
    It's very big!
    Options
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @EQBallzz: He stated 62 out of 64 probably, some countries just use weird counting system. The other thing was about concurring quests that prevent you from completing the other ones and therefore receiving the Achievement. I'm stuck at 49/53, but can't recall the order I did them. I have also heard a gossip that it is not a bug, just the Thieves Guild/Dark Brotherhood preallocated quest count.
    Options
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fair enough but I thought the same thing initially until I found a thread on this forum with others having same problem but also providing locations of easy to miss quests. Once I used that info and ran through the zone a few more times..I managed to find all the quests and complete the achievement.

Maybe the order does matter I can't say but it's also possible that some are just being missed because they are hard to find. Bangkorai is different, however. I have yet to find anyone who completed Bangkorai which is a strong indication that it's bugged.
    Options
  • amonengelb16_ESO
    amonengelb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Since 1.1.2 the achievement bangkorai quest tracker says that I did 0/36 quests whereas I already finished over 40 quests before the patch ... anybody having the same issue?
    A chalice. Bound to be filled with your tears of salt.
    Options
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are bugged. Apparently, the quest achievements are not displaying your earned achievements properly. Look at all your completed ones and they probably say 0/X. They said it would likely be fixed next patch at the earliest.
    Options