The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Bank Account Being Charged?

• ArcheKnight
    ArcheKnight
    ✭✭✭
    Loxy37 wrote: »
    I just subbed via Paypal and I have been charged. I am rather upset though that my time is ticking down and I haven't got the 2 days grace period added. I'm sure it will be fixed.

In case you haven't read the nearly innumerable posts that I have made in the last hour, that isn't a mistake. It was their intent to end any grace period (early access and 2 day extras) the moment that you signed up for a sub. They even started counting down the "free" 30 days hours before 4/4/14, the official launch, even while it was still down for maintenance.
  • ShiBu
    ShiBu
    ✭✭✭
    Moonraker wrote: »
    ShiBu wrote: »
    just checkout the different amazon versions... the digital imp. version got the disclaimer the other doesnt.

where i did buy it.. no such disclaimer.. so whos to blame ?
    i do play mmo´s since 1997 and i didnt think about it AT ALL.. my fault ? maybe.. my problem ? no.. do i care for the community which will shrink bc of this.. yes i do.
    If the retailer did not bring the conditions of sale to the attention of the purchaser, then the purchaser should be talking direct to the retailer. As it is, all the original pages including the ones linking to Retail stores also had that before. it has changed somewhat.

It doesn't change the fact if the retailer did not inform you fully, then you have every right to raise it with them.

i have 1 question for you.. you think your answer will help at all when ppl can´t or won´t certificate at all ?

i mean serious what were talking about ? bitching about ppl who having trouble with it ? giving wise advises they don´t wana hear at the end because they are disappointed because they can´t play a game they wana play ?

just read their posts... "iam out of money till day xyz" "i don´t own a cc or paypal" and so on and so on... yeah it´s maybe cool to drag them even more down.. still we´re 1 community. there are ppl who having trouble with it... and i don´t even know how many of them will simple say "f*** i*" and never come back ^^
    *i didnt want to say that you drag them down but i guess you know what i mean*

• Failsyx
    Failsyx
    So basically, because I only have about $12 in my bank (I'm between paydays), I'm not going to be able to play the game I ALREADY PAID FOR until next week when I have enough to cover the authorization?

What kind of nonsense is this!?

I am in the same kind of situation. I live on a budget and add money to my gaming pre-paid debit card just prior to them coming due. I currently have 2$ on that card(enough for verification).
  • wrayvinmaneb14_ESO
    xDevlinx21 wrote: »
    So damn frustrating! :s
    It's advertised that we get 30 days free, I get that they need to verify that you'll have a valid payment method but most people planning to play will or have already budget(ed) they're method of payment for the end of that 30 day free trial. :\:(

" Subscription fees only charged for game access after the first 30 days,"

I also read on it that I would not be charged UNTIL my 30's were up. At least that is what I understood. I can't play tonight because I have to chose a subscription method...which I did. I entered my card information (not much in it at the moment but since it wasn't going to charge until my 30 days were up wasn't a problem or so I thought) It wouldn't accept my card. Also, we are supposed to have additional days of access but since I can't log in I guess that doesn't include me. I tried to call but they had over an hour wait so I had to enter my phone number for a call back....that was three hours ago and still nothing. I have to work and have kids to care for. I really don't get much time on this game so this really is sort of ticking me off. I hope ESO's tech support isn't like blizzards. I still can't access my Diablo III game because their tech support sucks. Seriously, I paid a lot of money for ESO imperial and 5 day early access and it's the only game I was willing to pay a subscription fee for and I can't play the game.
    Edited by wrayvinmaneb14_ESO on April 4, 2014 5:26AM
  • NightOwl68
    NightOwl68
    ✭✭
    I believe we were not supposed to be charged, except maybe $1 to validate the credit card or method of payment, but it looks like there system is charging and starting the time based on that. So it looks like we may be losing the 30 day of included game time.
  • McNicholas10
    NightOwl68 wrote: »
    I believe we were not supposed to be charged, except maybe $1 to validate the credit card or method of payment, but it looks like there system is charging and starting the time based on that. So it looks like we may be losing the 30 day of included game time.

It's dumb to jump the shark like that, of course nobody is actually going to 'lose' that 30 days. I guarantee this issue will be rectified in due time. I can definitely understand that it sucks for those who did not have enough to cover the authorization fee. Everyone having issues with that, join the rest of us that had their entire installation deleted by the new launcher. I literally have not been able to play all of today (thursday) because of downtime and then that absolute *** of a glitch.

All the dude ever wanted was his rug back. It really tied the room together.
  • gazumpipes
    Also unable to activate my subscription, even though I have about $12 in my card, how am I supposed to start playing, my next payday is only on the 25th of the month...
  • Wolfborn
    Wolfborn
    ✭✭✭
    What worries me most reading this thread is people mentioning they cant pay the rent now as they will be short. FFS, if you are living on credit and have it so maxed out that the auth charge will tip you over the edge.....mate get your priority in order and dont play MMO's till you can afford it.

Now im not trolling or trying to be mean but wow, if I was in such a dire financial state that something like a auth charge could cause me real world issues i would not be playing MMO's. I would be working to earn more cash.
  • gazumpipes
    Wolfborn wrote: »
    What worries me most reading this thread is people mentioning they cant pay the rent now as they will be short. FFS, if you are living on credit and have it so maxed out that the auth charge will tip you over the edge.....mate get your priority in order and dont play MMO's till you can afford it.

Now im not trolling or trying to be mean but wow, if I was in such a dire financial state that something like a auth charge could cause me real world issues i would not be playing MMO's. I would be working to earn more cash.

Unfortunately in this case, the auth charge is a full 30 days playtime fee, and not just $1 auth charge
  • RipVanWinkleX
    How long does it last on the bank statement?
  • gazumpipes
    Aparently it will only be reversed in.. 8 days or so
  • RipVanWinkleX
    gazumpipes wrote: »
    Aparently it will only be reversed in.. 8 days or so

Yea no... If it's not in a day then it's really stupid. I'm sorry. Even worse that it's not a dollar.

I had the same issue in wow where I opened a bank account for just Blizzard stuff and that 1 auth dollar screwed me over because I had 30 dollars for the items I wanted.

• gazumpipes
    This is a deal-breaker for me. I had similar crap with FFXIV:ARR and stopped playing after the free 30 days as I could not even renew my subscription.. Here I am unable to even play my inclusive 30 days.. Way to kill your subscriber base before you even start ZOS
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just now received an email saying a purchase has been made. It's still pending but for now those funds are locked.

I'm lucky in that I can handle those funds being locked for a month but it shouldn't be for the full amount. This will completely screw over some people who are budgeting and planning for May 4th, thinking rightfully that they don't need the subscription payment available in April.
  • Elvikun
    Elvikun
    ✭✭✭
    Elvikun wrote: »
    Now, now, I always defend the right to complain and critique every little or big thing out there, but let's not go so berserk over this.

Most games and internet-based companies do this, tho yes, it's not ideal that it is not the smallest amount of money possible and that the gametime starts running immidiately after choosing a plan. I believe it's likely they will add those days back, whether you'll go berserk or not over it. It doesn't matter whether they'll do it today or in a week either, we all have at least 29 days left, so it's not so huge issue. If anything is an issue, it's the account-test amount of money blocked, so focus there.

No need to act like they just robbed your bank account and then killed you pet on the way out tho.

With as little warning as they give, it is JUST like they robbed your bank account... but they haven't killed my pet. You don't understand that it is a HUGE deal to a lot of people who can't afford this or are worried that they will be overdrafted for this charge that they were not warned about. Even veteran MMO players won't see an entire sub fee auth charge coming! Some people budgeted exactly what they would need for this and all of their other expenses, and this lack of warning and clarification can inadvertently hurt a lot of people in incredibly significant ways.

Which is exactly why I say focus on the amount that gets blocked on you bank account for a little while, rather than "My time started running out today, I'm suing you unless it's resolved in 13 seconds!".

And then the dramatic part - they ARE robbing you? Really? Well maybe you should press charges then... Unless they actually aren't robbing you and are doing the most common thing out there when it comes to sub-based services of any kind.
    And this ties to what I said already, this is absolutely normal, noone should complain about that, the suprising part is that the amount you get billed and returned is not 1USD/EUR, as it should be.
    But reading this topic, this important and really only relevant part gets completely lost in all the drama, chaos and panic.
    Edited by Elvikun on April 4, 2014 6:01AM
    Failing is a lifestyle too.
  • Bob
    Bob
    ✭✭✭
    1-2eur for an authorization check is ok. But this? LOL!
  • Bob
    Bob
    ✭✭✭
    Failsyx wrote: »
    So basically, because I only have about $12 in my bank (I'm between paydays), I'm not going to be able to play the game I ALREADY PAID FOR until next week when I have enough to cover the authorization?

I am in the same kind of situation. I live on a budget and add money to my gaming pre-paid debit card just prior to them coming due. I currently have 2$ on that card(enough for verification).

^this
  • gazumpipes
    I just now received an email saying a purchase has been made. It's still pending but for now those funds are locked.

I'm lucky in that I can handle those funds being locked for a month but it shouldn't be for the full amount. This will completely screw over some people who are budgeting and planning for May 4th, thinking rightfully that they don't need the subscription payment available in April.

Exactly my point.. Also I dont live on credit.. my credit card, if you can call it that, is a prepaid card that only works if i put money into it. If i dont have the money I cant use it as a credit card.. Budgeting is important as we budget for our games.. I put $90 into the card, $80 for the prepurchase of the imperial edition.. $10 just in case i need to get a auth verification done as in with most other MMO's.. did not expect the auth verification to be the full 13 euros (as i play on the european side)

Also I suggest for everyone that has the extended 2 day early access to not activate your account yet.. apparently you lose those 2 days and only get your 30 days inclusive if you activate now. Wait 2 days before activating.

Edited by gazumpipes on April 4, 2014 6:03AM
  • Bob
    Bob
    ✭✭✭
    Btw, WildStar preorder can live even without "authorization check" with my entered credit card data. I tested it by myself.

But ESO cant do this?
  • RageKiwiEater
    Signex wrote: »

Yea i'm in the same boat, this is ridicilous.
    +1 just amazing .....
  • gazumpipes
    ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS

30 DAYS UNLIMITED GAME PLAY INCLUDED WITH PURCHASE. VALID PAYMENT METHOD OR PAID GAME TIME CARD FOR SUBSCRIPTION AND PERSISTENT INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED.

Acceptance of End User License Agreement, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy, and account registration using enclosed one-time use activation code, required to play. Must be 13+ to register. The 30 days of unlimited game play begins when you select your preferred subscription plan on store.elderscrollsonline.com. Subscription fees only charged for game access after the first 30 days, subject to cancellation by you at any time. No refunds or credits for partial months. If you choose to pay for your subscription with a prepaid non-recurring payment method or with a Game Time Card you will be charged at the time you select the subscription plan. See store.elderscrollsonline.com for details. Product requires installation of application software. The Elder Scrolls® Online service may be discontinued, and content modified, disabled, suspended or removed, at any time.

Okay so I am only supposed to be charged after 30 days. But if I you a payment method thats some sort of prepaid method, like a gametime code.. it will be charged immediately..

So why are they trying to charge me already? Come on Zenimax get it right, $1 auth fee.
  • lity
    lity
    When i see that from my card was charged subscription cost I was very surprised and frustrated.

Zenimax told me that money was charged only when expires game time. Now i spent my time to zenimax support and search for an answer in forum.

And i currently cancell my subscription, to ascertain the circumstances.
  • acunninghan
    If my wife wouldn't have gave me this as a birthday present i would have asked for a refund already. Worst customer service ever...
  • gazumpipes
    If my wife wouldn't have gave me this as a birthday present i would have asked for a refund already. Worst customer service ever...

I agree, we aren't even getting a response from them? It makes your customers even more infuriated if you keep quiet.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Also I suggest for everyone that has the extended 2 day early access to not activate your account yet.. apparently you lose those 2 days and only get your 30 days inclusive if you activate now. Wait 2 days before activating.

I'm not so sure about that. Do those two days of extended early access mean the subscription plan would be April 6th - May 6th? I read it as a two day grace period before choosing your subscription, because early access is over on the 4th no matter what.

If that's not the case then I'm screwed out of two days. I activated my account right after I received my email from GMG.

How do we know if we got the extended 2 days anyway? I was a 5 day early accesser (imperial edition). Did I screw myself? Can a ZOS representative look into this?
  • gazumpipes

I'm not so sure about that. Do those two days of extended early access mean the subscription plan would be April 6th - May 6th? I read it as a two day grace period before choosing your subscription, because early access is over on the 4th no matter what.

If that's not the case then I'm screwed out of two days. I activated my account right after I received my email from GMG.

How do we know if we got the extended 2 days anyway? I was a 5 day early accesser (imperial edition). Did I screw myself? Can a ZOS representative look into this?

I was also a 5 day early access, Sunday to Yesterday which was thursday. However I have not been able to activate my subscription or 30 days because of this billing problem.. However I am still able to log in and play (I presume because of the extention of 2 days.. the 30 days only start according to them, when the account is activated so I assume I will get 30 days from date of activation (which will be sunday) or whenever I can activated if they reduce the auth fee to $1
  • Paske
    Paske
    ✭✭✭✭
    10 years ago, yes it was norm.

Today - not so much.

And yes I am one of those that has to ask friends to help him activate ESO and cancel subscription. Escuse me mate, can you give me your CC number and CCV. I actually have 10$ avalible on account and can not activate allready purchased game.

Im so happy about this.

You could gave made it 1$ transactions and still verify the account.
  • Frail_Old_Man
    Frail_Old_Man
    ✭✭
    They need to change it to 1€/1$ asap, unless this is their ultra-dongish way of checking for potential subscriber amounts or something, which would be extra-sleazy and very disgusting method of doing so.

That sudden 13€ charge can screw SO many people over its not even funny.
    Sanguine's testers, the best testers.
    Alas we are no longer labeled as such.
  • Flametyn
    Flametyn
    ✭✭✭
    so there's not any official news about it?
  • arondight
    arondight
    ✭✭
    Rhoric wrote: »
    All sub based games require you to enter a subscription plan prior to receiving your free 30 days. You will only be charged when your 30 free days is about to expire

Well... FFXIV didn't. Neither did WoW. Or Rift. Or SWTOR. Conclusion: Stop spreading misinformation.