sarahthes wrote: »
    FionaFlute wrote: »
    The tick rate was nerfed? OH NO! Now it'll only do 30% of your damage instead of 60%!

It does not do 60% of damage. Idk where you're getting that idea.

I'm looking at the logs of the top leaderboard score runs. During trash pulls it does over 60% of the damage.

Trash pulls are, of course, representative of the whole trial.

Trash pulls are part of the trial.

Even in trash, if it was doing 60% of the damage it will now do 15%. Which is less than just using coral deadly for arcs, or Sul Xan something for other classes.

On bosses it was doing about 16% of the damage (in a multi target fight) so it will do 4-5% now. No point using it, coral buffed beam does more.

Oh, it only does 15% now? Do you have logs from the PTS or are those baseless claims with imaginary numbers?

Even if the set was doing 15% that's still a ton of damage for a single 5 piece set. The reality is in practice with a couple people using the set the 1 second cooldown will be hardly noticeable and the set will still perform as normal. The person you are replying to probably hasn't set foot in a trial recently.

It will literally tick half as often, with a lower tooltip, and you say the damage will be the same!

Math doesn't work like that.

I spent yesterday in Lucent HM progging unstoppable, and did sweaty Rockgrove multiple times over the weekend, so yes I have set foot in a trial recently.

So you think in practice you were getting an azureblight tick every .5 seconds on live? In a realistic situation do you think that was actually happening? Thats why things need to be tested. We don't just fabricate numbers to try and determine reality.

Yes. We were.

xr0olufwflsv.png

That's why I said minor damage loss. Because there are situations where you will get lucky and get multiple in a row like that. This is purely anecdotal though. That's why it you need to look at it on average.

what are you talking about lol. you dont get lucky, it is exactly as it is expected to behave. its 3 targets. bahsei stacks build to 20 and explode, damaging bahsei, and 2 other abombinations get hit. so 3 hits every 0.5s is expected because there are 3 things to be hit.

Lets say I take you at your word and this was actually happening all the time in practice, you don't see any problem with a set adding 150k dps in a boss fight?

its not 150kdps per person, its for the group, because its not always going to be the same person getting to proc the explosion. its more like divided by 5 or 6 because thats around the fastest you would be able to build the 20 stacks.
    so closer to like 25-30k dps per person. fatecarver alone is going to be higher than that. maybe dk standard will be 17-20k dps.

If that is true then the cooldown shouldn't matter because its not always the same person proccing it.

So you think sets should do 30% more damage than an ultimate ability.

the cooldown is on how quickly the stacks accumulate on a mob and explode. everyone can contribute to it. but only 1 person gets the explosion dps(dunno if its the whoever places first blightseed stack, or the last stack that gets it to 20) which will be the one chosen.

so if the explosion cooldown is doubled. then it can be at 20stacks, not able to reaccumulate, just waiting twice as long until it can explode and start at 0 to accumulate stacks again.

so classes like arcanists can also build the stacks fast with fatecarver. so i guess the faster you can generate dot ticks, the faster the stacks build, and more likely your chosen for the seed explosion dps.
    Edited by baconaura on October 1, 2024 12:05AM
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    baconaura wrote: »
    The tick rate was nerfed? OH NO! Now it'll only do 30% of your damage instead of 60%!

I'm looking at the logs of the top leaderboard score runs. During trash pulls it does over 60% of the damage.

Even in trash, if it was doing 60% of the damage it will now do 15%. Which is less than just using coral deadly for arcs, or Sul Xan something for other classes.

On bosses it was doing about 16% of the damage (in a multi target fight) so it will do 4-5% now. No point using it, coral buffed beam does more.

Oh, it only does 15% now? Do you have logs from the PTS or are those baseless claims with imaginary numbers?

Even if the set was doing 15% that's still a ton of damage for a single 5 piece set. The reality is in practice with a couple people using the set the 1 second cooldown will be hardly noticeable and the set will still perform as normal. The person you are replying to probably hasn't set foot in a trial recently.

It will literally tick half as often, with a lower tooltip, and you say the damage will be the same!

I spent yesterday in Lucent HM progging unstoppable, and did sweaty Rockgrove multiple times over the weekend, so yes I have set foot in a trial recently.

So you think in practice you were getting an azureblight tick every .5 seconds on live? In a realistic situation do you think that was actually happening? Thats why things need to be tested. We don't just fabricate numbers to try and determine reality.

Yes. We were.

xr0olufwflsv.png

That's why I said minor damage loss. Because there are situations where you will get lucky and get multiple in a row like that. This is purely anecdotal though. That's why it you need to look at it on average.

what are you talking about lol. you dont get lucky, it is exactly as it is expected to behave. its 3 targets. bahsei stacks build to 20 and explode, damaging bahsei, and 2 other abombinations get hit. so 3 hits every 0.5s is expected because there are 3 things to be hit.

Lets say I take you at your word and this was actually happening all the time in practice, you don't see any problem with a set adding 150k dps in a boss fight?

We do to an extent, but hard nerfs when there's class imbalance without the set aren't the answer.

I was told arcanists aren't the meta multiple times in this thread and I was wrong about it despite the leaderboard scores. It should be fine. In fact, one person told me arcanists are actually falling out of the meta.

Azure is *why* some trials don't need to stack arcs for cleave fights, especially when scorepushing. A dk in azure will beat an arc in azure in a fight like Bahsei, first boss of Lucent, and a few other places, and come out neutral on other fights. Hence the tendency to not 7-8 arc stack on those trials.
  • Synapsis123
    Synapsis123
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. We were.

xr0olufwflsv.png

its not 150kdps per person, its for the group, because its not always going to be the same person getting to proc the explosion. its more like divided by 5 or 6 because thats around the fastest you would be able to build the 20 stacks.
    so closer to like 25-30k dps per person. fatecarver alone is going to be higher than that. maybe dk standard will be 17-20k dps.

If that is true then the cooldown shouldn't matter because its not always the same person proccing it.

the cooldown is on how quickly the stacks accumulate on a mob and explode. everyone can contribute to it. but only 1 person gets the explosion dps(dunno if its the last stack that gets it to 20) which will be the one chosen.

so if the explosion cooldown is doubled. then it can be at 20stacks, not able to reaccumulate, just waiting twice as long until it can explode and start at 0 to accumulate stacks again.

YOU can only trigger one explosion every 0.5 seconds. The stacks can still accumulate and other people can still proc it.
  • FionaFlute
    FionaFlute
    ✭✭

Yes. We were.

xr0olufwflsv.png

the cooldown is on how quickly the stacks accumulate on a mob and explode. everyone can contribute to it. but only 1 person gets the explosion dps(dunno if its the last stack that gets it to 20) which will be the one chosen.

YOU can only trigger one explosion every 0.5 seconds. The stacks can still accumulate and other people can still proc it.

Crazy how people don't even understand how the set works and can have an opinion on it eh? Half of these people just equip whatever they are told to from youtube videos and don't understand any of the math behind it.
  • baconaura
    baconaura
    ✭✭✭

Yes. We were.

xr0olufwflsv.png

how can you accumulate more than 20, when its waiting to explode? answer is you cant. it doesnt keep accumulating. its waiting for the explosion before it can accumulate again.
    Edited by baconaura on September 30, 2024 11:54PM
  • Synapsis123
    Synapsis123
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. We were.

xr0olufwflsv.png

Crazy how people don't even understand how the set works and can have an opinion on it eh? Half of these people just equip whatever they are told to from youtube videos and don't understand any of the math behind it.

They are describing how the set used to work before they changed it a long time ago.
  • FionaFlute
    FionaFlute
    ✭✭

Yes. We were.

xr0olufwflsv.png

how can you accumulate more than 20, when its waiting to explode? answer is you cant. it doesnt keep accumulating. its waiting for the explosion before it can accumulate again.

That's why multiple people use it.
  • Synapsis123
    Synapsis123
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. We were.

xr0olufwflsv.png

If it worked the way you're describing then it would be a tiny dps nerf. Not sure why you care so much about it if you think it works that way.
    Edited by Synapsis123 on September 30, 2024 11:57PM
  • baconaura
    baconaura
    ✭✭✭
    Both you guys totally misunderstand how this set even works...

everyone can contribute to the blightseed stacks. with enough people, you can get 20 stacks every 0.5s for an explosion.

if they double it, the dps is 50% reduction, because its exploding half as often. so its not a tiny dps nerf.

if it gets to 20 stacks, its just waiting to explode. and taking twice as long is 50% less dps.
    it doesnt reset the accumulation at 20 because it cant explode. it just waits. and because enough people contribute to the stacks, it explodes on the explosion cooldown.
    Edited by baconaura on October 1, 2024 12:02AM
  • Synapsis123
    Synapsis123
    ✭✭✭✭✭

everyone can contribute to the blightseed stacks. with enough people, you can get 20 stacks every 0.5s for an explosion.

if they double it, the dps is 50% reduction, because its exploding half as often. so its not a tiny dps nerf.

if it gets to 20 stacks, its just waiting to explode. and taking twice as long is 50% less dps.
    it doesnt reset the accumulation at 20 because it cant explode. it just waits. and because enough people contribute to the stacks, it explodes on the explosion cooldown.

Only true if you have less than 3 people wearing the set. With 4 wearing the set it would only be about a 20% decrease in dps. If you have more people wearing the set then its less than a 10% decrease in damage.
  • Skolandrikeb17_ESO

Only true if you have less than 3 people wearing the set. With 4 wearing the set it would only be about a 20% decrease in dps. If you have more people wearing the set then its less than a 10% decrease in damage.

What number of targets are you using?
  • Synapsis123
    Synapsis123
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What number of targets are you using?

The same number on that boss fight.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After removing some unnecessary back and forth from this thread, we would like everyone to keep posts on the subject at hand, civil, and constructive.

If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to review them here
    Staff Post
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

How does an extra person make the 1s cooldown less than 1s?
  • pklemming
    pklemming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is great, and all, with a lot of us wanting Azureblight reverted, but they don't listen to us, or act on what we want, which kind of makes the post pointless.

There should have been the single change to stop it working in pvp, and that was the end of it.They seem unable to leave it at that, though. Nope, we are getting the useless form of Azureblight, making it pretty much useless everywhere, whilst also not providing us with an alternative. Just another 5-piece in a long line of sets/items balanced to irrelevance.

Anyone here remember the last time they acted on what we actually wanted? Templar jab animation? Sale time on items in the guild store?

Did we want nightblades to have a change to cloak, or have a skill moved to another line? I don't seem to recall anyone actually asking for that, but we did say we were not very happy about it.

Same with necro ultigain out of combat.It was in the game for years, but now.....

The nerf to Arcanists, patch after patch.

Despite some recent interaction to reassure us they read the forums, it doesn't matter if what we say means absolutely nothing. I am wracking my brain for the last time they changed something because of the players, and all I can think of is the light attack/medium attack/heavy attack initial changes. That is it. I may be forgetting something, but I don't think so.

So, basically all our complaints and requests are just going in to the void.

Also, they went on about how they got new servers, but a few people using Azureblight lags them? I feel something is wrong here. How is it lagging the servers? You have new equipment and less players than when the new equipment was introduced.
  • alpha_synuclein
    alpha_synuclein
    ✭✭✭✭
    It will also make the shift to non arc classes that much more jarring when it does inevitably happen. Switching from low apm to high apm is a big jump in required skill.

This does make me wonder whether this nerf is a way to extend the arca meta. It isn't that long since we started drifting away from it.
  • Synapsis123
    Synapsis123
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The cooldown per explosion is per person.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not according to every log I looked at yesterday, so unless they changed that behaviour on pts, the cooldown is global.
  • forum_gpt
    forum_gpt
    ✭✭✭

Not according to every log I looked at yesterday, so unless they changed that behaviour on pts, the cooldown is global.

show us then
    Immortal Redeemer, Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Planesbreaker, The Dawnbringer, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Swashbuckler Supreme, Dro-m'athra Destroyer, Mindmender, The Unstoppable
  • Major_Toughness
    Major_Toughness
    ✭✭✭✭
    The explosion is per target, not per user of the set. A target can only explode every 0.5s but multiple users contribute to the stacks on the same target.
    Edited by Major_Toughness on October 1, 2024 3:37PM
    PC EU > You
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    pklemming wrote: »
    This is great, and all, with a lot of us wanting Azureblight reverted, but they don't listen to us, or act on what we want, which kind of makes the post pointless.

There should have been the single change to stop it working in pvp, and that was the end of it.

Absolutely not, it is currently an essential balancing set in PVP, completely deleting it from PVP is, in fact, one of the worst parts of this change since, as we've gone over extensively, its one of, if not the only, counter to the absolutely disgusting and abusive 50k shield stacks ballgroups are running around with now since scribing.
  • Synapsis123
    Synapsis123
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There should have been the single change to stop it working in pvp, and that was the end of it.

Absolutely not, it is currently an essential balancing set in PVP, completely deleting it from PVP is, in fact, one of the worst parts of this change since, as we've gone over extensively, its one of, if not the only, counter to the absolutely disgusting and abusive 50k shield stacks ballgroups are running around with now since scribing.

This set has two bugs making it overperform by 30% to 70% damage. On top of that it creates extreme client and server performance issues. It also is extremely unbalanced and completely destroys small man groups of 2+. In no world is this set balanced.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This set has two bugs making it overperform by 30% to 70% damage. On top of that it creates extreme client and server performance issues. It also is extremely unbalanced and completely destroys small man groups of 2+. In no world is this set balanced.

You keep making up stuff like this. Just stop.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It is acting weirdly on small groups on live actually. I was chatting with some other raid leads yesterday, and as long as at least 3 people in group have azureblight on, azure is the current top single target proc set as well as the top aoe set. I don't think it should work like that, so some scaling isn't a bad thing.
  • baconaura
    baconaura
    ✭✭✭

I stopped responding to that guy. He isn't offering anything constructive here that is backed up by facts, despite the many people that have come with logs, calculation breakdowns, etc...

At this point he is just trolling on this thread, throwing made up numbers and figures out there, gaslighting people, and derailing any serious conversation on how the removal of this set impacts players who use it.

i would just ignore him and move on

Edited by baconaura on October 1, 2024 5:33PM
  • Synapsis123
    Synapsis123
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Everything I said is true. Azureblight damage is considered single target. Don't believe me? Go on live and change the single target cp and the aoe CP on and off. This causes players in pvp to take 36% more damage because their major and minor evasion don't work and the aoe CP doesn't work.

On top of that the scaling starts with a single target rather than 2 targets, which they are fixing on PTS. Against small groups that's an additional 30% damage increase.

You don't seem to have a clue how azureblight is overperforming, the bugs with it, and how it effects performance, but you pretend to be an expert on the subject. The nerf will absolutely go through because this set is extremely problematic, but you don't seem to understand that and just want to keep your EZ mode pve set. You were able to do the content before the set became the meta and you will be able to do the pve after the set is nerfed.
    Edited by Synapsis123 on October 1, 2024 5:45PM
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All that said, while it needed some adjusting (since an aoe set that scales with max # of targets should not be the highest single target set in the game), they once again balanced with a sledgehammer instead of a scalpel.
  • forum_gpt
    forum_gpt
    ✭✭✭
    I dueled someone while testing this set, and it seems to be over-performing by around 54%. The combination of major and minor evasions, along with the damage reduction CP and additional scaling against a single target, makes it significantly stronger than expected.
    Immortal Redeemer, Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Planesbreaker, The Dawnbringer, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Swashbuckler Supreme, Dro-m'athra Destroyer, Mindmender, The Unstoppable
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Everything I said is true. Azureblight damage is considered single target. Don't believe me? Go on live and change the single target cp and the aoe CP on and off. This causes players in pvp to take 36% more damage because their major and minor evasion don't work and the aoe CP doesn't work.

On top of that the scaling starts with a single target rather than 2 targets, which they are fixing on PTS. Against small groups that's an additional 30% damage increase.

You don't seem to have a clue how azureblight is overperforming, the bugs with it, and how it effects performance, but you pretend to be an expert on the subject. The nerf will absolutely go through because this set is extremely problematic, but you don't seem to understand that and just want to keep your EZ mode pve set. You were able to do the content before the set became the meta and you will be able to do the pve after the set is nerfed.

You're the one making these assertions it is solely on you to prove them. But it's also besides the point because even if that it true it justified them fixing the bug* (*if it's even really a bug, a behavior change isn't necessarily a bug like you seem to think), nothing more and certainly not a laundry list of other nerfs.
    Once again, in PVP, unless you're running in an an already abusive ballgroup Azureblight has, and has had, absolutely no impact on players. Zero. Please stop with this unconstructive confabulation.
  • Synapsis123
    Synapsis123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they can't fix the combat bug then they surely can't fix the performance issues this set causes.

Please for the love of god stop using the word abusive to describe a pvp playstyle. It is extremely manipulative. Azureblight is banned in 4vs4 tournaments and among the top bg players when they play against each other for good reason. It 100% impacts normal players and not just ball groups. With the upcoming 8vs8 gameplay it would've been the only set used. In the first week before the azureblight nerf it was already being used constantly in 8vs8.
This discussion has been closed.