Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

MAINTENANCE PLEASE!!!! NOOOOO

• Gungnr
    Gungnr
    Soul Shriven
    I dunno, I set this time aside to take advantage of my highly touted and advertised early access each day and they shut the servers down on me. They should have just given us all 5 days and assumed they would only have the server up for 3 of the days for many players.
  • strongy_p
    strongy_p
    LoreRunner wrote: »
    Zargorius wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »

I understand the need for this, i just question why it had to be done at the absolute primetime for europe: 8pm. With all due respect, 3-4 hours earlier, while people are still at work, would have been much more acceptable. Not happy about this (but i'll survive it somehow)

Every time is primetime somewhere.

Except in Europe which has mostly the same time zone or just 1 hour difference - making it 4 hours earlier or later would have been much better move, 20:00 (or 19:00 in UK) for 4 hours is just bad as by the time the servers are up most people are going to bed.

And 4 hours later would be prime time for NA, meaning that is useless. 4 Hours earlier would be close to prime time for Australia, which makes that useless. See the problem with your logic? Every time is prime time for someone around the world.

their is only eu and us megaservers though their totally seperate and should be patched at times that dont inconvience their intended customer base.
  • Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭
    NainFou wrote: »
    ouaip C sa! à 80€ le jeu + 12€ / mois, faudrait peut etre arreter de fermer le jeu ou alors le passer en BETA, le mois et les 5 jrs ne sont pas gratuits que je sache, s'ils continue comme sa ils vont ce planter, on ne fait pas payer une beta >:)

Napoleon chupa?
    Honor is a dead man's code.
  • MercutioElessar
    MercutioElessar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by MercutioElessar on April 3, 2014 6:17PM
    If I've ever offended you,
    just know that from the bottom of my heart,
    I really don't give a ***.

• Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have to admit that it is a bit funny with the pre order at TESO. Its the first time that the pre order actually wasn't for playing the game, but just making a char and cruising a bit with it.

Of the three days that I had, I played about 10 hours - not a lot if you consider there were 72 :wink: The other pre orders I had about 5 or 6 never had these down times :blush:

I also wonder what happens if the server goes back online, are we able to continue playing or do we need to already enter the key. I at least have not my key yet for the full version, it wont arrive before tomorrow.
  • Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭
    TuterKing wrote: »
    Time to start doing the sever come back up dance!

giphy.gif

At my age that would break my back.

• Elixx
    Elixx
    ✭✭
    Pretext wrote: »
    Even worse I just spotted someone with my avatar. :D

I was thinking the same ^^

Btw my avatar seems like its populat to ye !

Edited by Elixx on April 3, 2014 6:15PM
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I understand the need for this, i just question why it had to be done at the absolute primetime for europe: 8pm. With all due respect, 3-4 hours earlier, while people are still at work, would have been much more acceptable. Not happy about this (but i'll survive it somehow)

People dont want to hear that. They want to continue on imagining being targeted unfairly.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Vodka
    Vodka
    ✭✭✭
    lol
    | Calling all Aldmeri Dominion | Agents of the Dominion | Recruiting All AD |
    | Add @Morckie in Game | Discord: https://discord.gg/MhrDxqe |
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    nothing-to-do-here-template.jpg.scaled500.jpg
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • Enteum
    Enteum
    ✭✭✭
    From what I understand...there are some stores in the UK doing midnight releases. So, Servers go down at 7, hopefully to come back up for midnight. Release time. Just a hunch.

On the EU server, we clearly got an onscreen message saying that the servers were coming down to prepare for launch.

I'm personally not too bothered about down time. I mean, there's going to be years of playing this. What's 3-4 hours?

Wishing all the best for a very smooth launch when the flood gates open. Best wishes!

See you all tomorrow! Have fun in 3-4 hours, i'll be sleeping. Some folk have to be up 6am for work :pensive:
    Edited by Enteum on April 3, 2014 6:16PM
    Asira Avalis - Mage
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Audigy wrote: »
    I have to admit that it is a bit funny with the pre order at TESO. Its the first time that the pre order actually wasn't for playing the game, but just making a char and cruising a bit with it.

Of the three days that I had, I played about 10 hours - not a lot if you consider there were 72 :wink: The other pre orders I had about 5 or 6 never had these down times :blush:

I also wonder what happens if the server goes back online, are we able to continue playing or do we need to already enter the key. I at least have not my key yet for the full version, it wont arrive before tomorrow.

You do realize that the servers have been up (and will have been up) for way more than 10 hours of the last 72, right? I also missed a lot of playtime for work. Should I sue ZO now, or wait for the class action?
    ----
    Murray?
  • vanity
    vanity
    ✭✭
    The server should have been up until 2. Did it come down already?
    JESSICA back to downtime defender thread. Drink tea with us for four hours please.

• juic3
    juic3
    ✭✭
    I swear, some people just don't understand how time zones work. and those of you that are complaining of only a 5 minute warning, we didn't get one at all the other day. they're improving communication, and it isn't even the official launch yet. And yeah you're losing your precious head start time, so am i, so is everyone else. you got just as much of a head start as everyone else so far, so honestly, you arent losing anything. I'm getting ill from lack of sleep, later guys.
    Edited by juic3 on April 3, 2014 6:17PM
  • MercutioElessar
    MercutioElessar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one is necessary and planned, folks. We need to take everything down to switch the entire service over to live.

Necessary: OK. Everyone will understand that. But planned? If it was planned, why didn't you tell us earlier? Would have been much more, well let's just say appreciated.
    Working in this manner you did today will not get you much love.

And what is it that the game is shut down at prime time? Are you trying to get rid of paying customers, Bethesda? DAoC methods from 10 years ago come to mind, sadly.

Edited by MercutioElessar on April 3, 2014 6:17PM
    If I've ever offended you,
    just know that from the bottom of my heart,
    I really don't give a ***.

• jmw1084ub17_ESO
    jmw1084ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    In all honesty as a server owner for a small community that runs a game service how zenimax handles the server offline issue is repulsive.

If i were to pull the crap they just pulled with my community all hell would rain down on me.

They should have a 30minute warning stating this server will go offline in 30Minutes

Then again at 15 minutes

again at 10, 5 and 1 minute

At least they have a global warning but it doesnt state when how or what server

If zenimax wants to win customers they need to step it up I have to give them props for the early access and i hope launch goes as smooth but come on

No time till restart is stupid and borderline *** every mmo out there has a 30 minute countdown for planned restarts now if the servers crash or an emergency issue comes up then no countdown is understandable.

BUT FOR YOUR WORLDWIDE RELEASE THATS IDIOTICALLY STUPID.

• Adaarye
    Adaarye
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vodka wrote: »
    This one is necessary and planned, folks. We need to take everything down to switch the entire service over to live.

we understand :)

No actually "we" don't understand. Nor do my mates. We all paid for:

"EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION OF DIGITAL CONTENT INCLUDES:
    Play as an Imperial

Play as an Imperial and play in any Alliance. Gain unique bonuses, crafting styles, gear and more!
    IMPERIAL WHITE HORSE

Summon this Imperial mount and journey through Tamriel with increased speed.
    MUDCRAB VANITY PET

Explore Tamriel with this vanity pet scuttling along by your side.
    RINGS OF MARA

Complete the Ritual of Mara with a friend and receive an experience bonus when you play together.
    DIGITAL PRE-PURCHASE BONUSES + EXPLORER'S PACK:

5 DAYS EARLY GAME
    ACCESS (PC/MAC ONLY)

PLAY ANY RACE
    IN ANY ALLIANCE

SCUTTLER
    VANITY PET

BONUS TREASURE
    MAPS
    http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/preorder"

I'm sure I'll be flamed to no end, but no, I don't understand at all. I am a consumer, and I feel I've been misled. So flame away, but I have just as much right to express my displeasure.

I have been denied early access for hours on end, and now again. I won't even start about how the bonus items are only for one character and not account wide because that's simply a case of buyer beware and I assumed those items would be handled like pretty much every other game/expansion I've ever pre-ordered ie all my characters on my account(s) have received the items.

To say I am disappointed is an understatement. I am a very unhappy customer and if there were one, I'd sign up right here and now for a refund.
  • LoreRunner
    LoreRunner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    strongy_p wrote: »

Except in Europe which has mostly the same time zone or just 1 hour difference - making it 4 hours earlier or later would have been much better move, 20:00 (or 19:00 in UK) for 4 hours is just bad as by the time the servers are up most people are going to bed.

And 4 hours later would be prime time for NA, meaning that is useless. 4 Hours earlier would be close to prime time for Australia, which makes that useless. See the problem with your logic? Every time is prime time for someone around the world.

their is only eu and us megaservers though their totally seperate and should be patched at times that dont inconvience their intended customer base.

Yes, lets make the developers have to do twice as much work by taking one server down and doing all the install and patch on it for live.... then take the other server down just because people complain that it is 'prime time' for them.

they have said they are changing everything over to LIVE, do you realize that that most likely means that they want to make sure everything is working on the real servers (which we are probably not on) for us at the same time? Would you prefer to pay an extra 20 dollars for early access to pay for the amount of Dev time you demand of them just so that they can handle taking down and preparing for launch?
    If you like my thoughts, feed my addiction! Give me forum credit! :)
  • Medicius
    Medicius
    thanoskkk wrote: »

NA server is different than the EU server. No need to bring them down both the same time. See?

The only concern I see with this is that both servers are housed and supported onsite in the AMERS region at this time. So staff is based on AMERS time zones meaning work will likely occur at the same time. Other than that, sure, two different hardware assets.

What I'd really be worried about if I were in the EU - is what downtime I would be looking at when they physically ship the assets over to the EU DC for long-term support. That's going to suck, unless they just migrate data and account data over to a new set of assets behind the scene and then just use their F5s to redirect to the new IPs.
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Downtime during this phase of an MMO launch is reasonable, expected and downright necessary when it provides ZoS with an opportunity to stop players finding ways of doing evil things that they shouldn't be doing. Making sure it can't happen in future is hardly grounds for whining as someone who'd benefit from it (namely yourself and myself).
  • Celuwen
    Celuwen
    ✭✭✭
    Just a quick addition for a bit more warning for planned maintenance please. A day would be great, but a few hours would work too. It let's people rearrange their free time accordingly.
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adaarye wrote: »
    To say I am disappointed is an understatement. I am a very unhappy customer and if there were one, I'd sign up right here and now for a refund.

I'm sure that if you call them, and given them the same rant you just posted on the forums while asking for a refund.. they'd be very likely to give you one. There's never a sign up option for a refund, but if you actually want one there is always the option to ask. Not trying to be snarky at all.. more just saying if you're really -that- unhappy with downtime during early access and launch, and it's destroying your experience to the point of wanting a refund, you should ask for one.
    Edited by Lalai on April 3, 2014 6:24PM
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • Vodka
    Vodka
    ✭✭✭
    ^ true
    | Calling all Aldmeri Dominion | Agents of the Dominion | Recruiting All AD |
    | Add @Morckie in Game | Discord: https://discord.gg/MhrDxqe |
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭

What are you talking about, this is the EU server, if you don't get it I spell it for you: E U R O P E A N

And Europe is mostly GMT, GMT+1 and GMT+2 so yes, this is prime time for the entire europe that was playing on the EUropean server.

LMAO, someone didnt realize its both servers that were taken down and that they have the time for "Official Launch" so that even in australia it still launches before the end of April 4th, the official release date. And launch was slated to start in 4.5 hours I thought 7pm EDT
    Edited by Trouvo on April 3, 2014 6:23PM
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • Medicius
    Medicius
    timtipi2 wrote: »

huh, still launch is tommorow at 13:00?
    then this is abit early dont ya think, just do this after midnight, u guys making alot of money on this, u can pay some ppl to do this stuff overnight, srsly

Question - the system message said "down for 3-4 hours" and then "see you guys after that". I take that to mean that we'll be able to access the game again in 3-4 hours. Am I totally off base?
    Edited by Medicius on April 3, 2014 6:24PM
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You do realize that the servers have been up (and will have been up) for way more than 10 hours of the last 72, right? I also missed a lot of playtime for work. Should I sue ZO now, or wait for the class action?

You do realize that you can also get your point across without attacking someone personally?

Gosh that's almost like the wow forums already ... I hope the mods will watch the forum very closely so we don't have the same rude environment here like over there.

However, I repeat my point, the pre order has been a funny experience where the servers were down a lot. This wasn't like that at any other pre order before and that's just my observation if you like it or not.
  • LoreRunner
    LoreRunner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Medicius wrote: »
    timtipi2 wrote: »

huh, still launch is tommorow at 13:00?
    then this is abit early dont ya think, just do this after midnight, u guys making alot of money on this, u can pay some ppl to do this stuff overnight, srsly

Question - the system message said "down for 3-4 hours" and then "see you guys after that". I take that to mean that we'll be able to access the game again in 3-4 hours. Am I totally off base?

Assuming that the maintenance gets done in that time, that is the expectation yes. So the game will be up for about 12 hours before launch officially hits (if 4 hours of maintenance).
    If you like my thoughts, feed my addiction! Give me forum credit! :)
  • Putok
    Putok
    ✭✭✭
    I guess it's time to go play goat simulator.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You do realize that you can also get your point across without attacking someone personally?

Gosh that's almost like the wow forums already ... I hope the mods will watch the forum very closely so we don't have the same rude environment here like over there.

However, I repeat my point, the pre order has been a funny experience where the servers were down a lot. This wasn't like that at any other pre order before and that's just my observation if you like it or not.

Your point was ridiculous, and that's what I attacked. If you feel personally overwhelmed by that, that's your prerogative.

There have been three (3) server outages. One very brief one for a quick fix. One longer one due to a huge, game-breaking bug combined with scheduled maintenance, and now this scheduled launch-time prep. All together, the game will have been offline for less than a day out of 5. Not bad for pre-launch.
    ----
    Murray?
  • l-wilson-1986b16_ESO
    If the mail system is back up after this downtime I will be a happy panda and consider it a 3-4 hours well spent. Then I can finally farm my mats off to the partner instead of travelling to town after every quest ^_^! If not then blah, crappy time for a EU player to bring the server down especially considering this is prime time for us. If I hadn't booked holiday and just got in from work i'd be super unimpressed by this.
    Edited by l-wilson-1986b16_ESO on April 3, 2014 6:28PM