Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

MAINTENANCE PLEASE!!!! NOOOOO

Vodka
Vodka
✭✭✭
So what is everyone doing while server is down :cry:

6b3f50e7a5ae20814a44cc10ade2d76bd568bf7de5a1fd70000423b11f3c331b.jpg

INSERT MEMES HERE :)
| Calling all Aldmeri Dominion | Agents of the Dominion | Recruiting All AD |
| Add @Morckie in Game | Discord: https://discord.gg/MhrDxqe |
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No in-game warning, again, really...? "Servers coming down, bye guys, see ya after the downtime!" and boom, they're gone...
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on April 3, 2014 5:49PM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭
    My 5 days ealry has turned into more like 3 days 2 minutes 1 second. A bit frustrated atm. I understand them having to take the servers down but still a bit frustrating.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    The server should have been up until 2. Did it come down already?
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    I blame the 3 day headstart... we did not have a single drop before then :smile:
  • Foxhunt
    Foxhunt
    ✭✭✭
    I am just about to get off work too! I was looking forward to getting home and playing some ESO but looks like I've got a 3-4 hour wait. No worries though. I understand things like this are necessary.
    Edited by Foxhunt on April 3, 2014 5:53PM
  • Vodka
    Vodka
    ✭✭✭
    o.o
    Edited by Vodka on April 23, 2015 8:55PM
  • tonyglissonb14_ESO
    tonyglissonb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Bad form.......
  • Killerhebe
    Killerhebe
    Soul Shriven
    Foxhunt wrote: »
    I am just about to get off work too! I was looking forward to getting home and playing some ESO but looks like I've got a 3-4 hour wait.

Yeah I had off yesterday and was looking forward to playing, and I got off early today and just got home logged in long enough to get the message. Bummed big time!!

• Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ There a message broadcast saying that the server was going to get ready for release and that it would be back in 3 or 4 hours. It broadcast in English, French, and German.
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    This one is necessary and planned, folks. We need to take everything down to switch the entire service over to live.
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Vodka
    Vodka
    ✭✭✭
    This one is necessary and planned, folks. We need to take everything down to switch the entire service over to live.

we understand :)
    Edited by Vodka on April 3, 2014 5:54PM
  • Rosebloome
    Rosebloome
    ✭✭

How long is the downtime planned for?

• Foxhunt
    Foxhunt
    ✭✭✭
    Rosebloome wrote: »

How long is the downtime planned for?
    3-4 hours
  • Vodka
    Vodka
    ✭✭✭
    yes ^
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom a system message just came up saying the servers were being brought down for 3-4 hours. The message didn't specify when or anything. It is 5 minutes till 2 EDT at the moment though.
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait, I didn't see this in the forums, oh wait, was it the only post today that was in german? http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/65595/forumwartung-am-2-4-um-21-30-uhr-abgeschlossen#latest
  • Willow
    Willow
    ✭✭✭

If planned then perhaps a announcement when you guys planned it? If this was known yesterday we should have had a heads up.

You can always say the times are not set in stone but there will be downtimes for release tomorrow.

A general message goes a long way.
    Edited by Willow on April 3, 2014 5:57PM
  • pietjan12
    pietjan12
    Hawke wrote: »
    Wait, I didn't see this in the forums, oh wait, was it the only post today that was in german?
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/65595/forumwartung-am-2-4-um-21-30-uhr-abgeschlossen#latest

Thats about yesterdays forums maintenance.

Edited by pietjan12 on April 3, 2014 5:57PM
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

There was simply a message worded to sound like the servers were coming down immediately for the launch changeover in English/French/German sequentially as a system broadcast, so everyone in zone chat and guild assumed it was going to be immediate, complained, and logged. There was nothing in the message saying they'd be up for X minutes to indicate we had time to finish up and log.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks! I haven't read german in a long time.
  • tonyglissonb14_ESO
    tonyglissonb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Planned! Thanks for keeping us in the loop!
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sort of agree with above posters, I wouldn't have made time for ESO if I'd known there was a planned downtime.
    Or maybe I just missed the announcement.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Killerhebe
    Killerhebe
    Soul Shriven

No hard feelings or hate here it's just the way it goes, I understand you guys want to have as smooth as possible of a launch tomorrow :wink:

• dagnome
    dagnome
    ✭✭✭
    It's amazing how much people cry ;p. OMG they must be doing a toon wipe! So much for early access! I want my money back!

Call the wambulance. Think of how many players are joining the megaservers tomorrow, though i do agree with the in game message being fairly blunt without specifying a time frame when the servers were going down but I can appreciate why. As for those of you crying "early access sucks" you got your 3-5 days. Your ahead of the noob population coming in tomorrow so relax.
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wheew got my fix just in time. Very fun game! Will be back to it when server up!
  • ohiobob227b14_ESO
    ohiobob227b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven

I think the main thing people have a problem with on this one is that, while we understand it being necessary and planned, we as players got no warning other than a few minutes prior to the downtime. A 3-4 hour downtime is the kind of thing to give players some advance warning for, really, if you already know it's coming. More information and warning for your players in these instances is going to be far better received than less, it's an MMO thing.
  • dolmen
    dolmen
    ✭✭✭

Jessica.... server admins... what can you say? ;)

The Sidekick Order
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where is my compensation! *sarcasm*
  • Vodka
    Vodka
    ✭✭✭
    tootiecrying.gif

Server come's up when my night class starts ;(
  • Malvokian
    Malvokian
    ✭✭
    I just killed the secret boss in CW for a skill point moments ago. So close to the wire.