Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

MAINTENANCE PLEASE!!!! NOOOOO

• KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a minor point perhaps, but when the servers are taken down while we're still on can the 'error' message say that?

Getting a message "You are not authorised to play on this server" is kind of alarming, especially when earlier in the week there was no in-game warning.

ALSO, please can your ops put the TIME they're taking the servers down in the message, like so we know there's still 15 mins or more to go? Again, it's more friendly than spamming the message for half an hour or so before it happens.
    Edited by KerinKor on April 3, 2014 6:03PM
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one is necessary and planned, folks. We need to take everything down to switch the entire service over to live.

I understand the need for this, i just question why it had to be done at the absolute primetime for europe: 8pm. With all due respect, 3-4 hours earlier, while people are still at work, would have been much more acceptable. Not happy about this (but i'll survive it somehow)
  • Pretext
    Pretext
    ✭✭
    Even worse I just spotted someone with my avatar. :D
  • Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that was really bad timing for unannounced maintenance. Oh well, off to cooking and maybe a film afterwards.
    Honor is a dead man's code.
  • jonal11_ESO
    jonal11_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ARGGGHHHHH!!!!!!
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

I understand the need for this, i just question why it had to be done at the absolute primetime for europe: 8pm. With all due respect, 3-4 hours earlier, while people are still at work, would have been much more acceptable. Not happy about this (but i'll survive it somehow)

Every time is primetime somewhere.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Awe
    Awe
    ✭✭✭
    disappointed with this "beta", nothing else to say
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derp!
    Roflcopter.gif
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • otomodachi
    otomodachi
    ✭✭✭
    I just want to add a +1 for please telling us about scheduled maintenance beforehand, and please if you're going to broadcast messages about the server coming down, let us know WHEN. Really easy fix that'll make this kinda message much easier to swallow! :)
    What do you gain by criticizing a CSR complaint?
  • carstedes
    carstedes
    Inversus wrote: »
    Sort of agree with above posters, I wouldn't have made time for ESO if I'd known there was a planned downtime.
    Or maybe I just missed the announcement.

Well there was an an announcement made but it was at 12:22 this afternoon. Less like an "announcement" and more like an "Oh and by the way the servers are coming down in an hour" if you ask me.

edit: a letter
    Edited by carstedes on April 3, 2014 6:04PM
  • TuterKing
    TuterKing
    ✭✭
    Time to start doing the sever come back up dance!

giphy.gif
    The King is Here!
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This one is necessary and planned, folks. We need to take everything down to switch the entire service over to live.

I think the main thing people have a problem with on this one is that, while we understand it being necessary and planned, we as players got no warning other than a few minutes prior to the downtime. A 3-4 hour downtime is the kind of thing to give players some advance warning for, really, if you already know it's coming. More information and warning for your players in these instances is going to be far better received than less, it's an MMO thing.

Exactly. :)
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭

Except in Europe which has mostly the same time zone or just 1 hour difference - making it 4 hours earlier or later would have been much better move, 20:00 (or 19:00 in UK) for 4 hours is just bad as by the time the servers are up most people are going to bed.

• arcdevil
    arcdevil
    Soul Shriven

we get that. what we dont get is why every single maintenance so far has been done during Europe's primetime. if this trend is going to continue I will seriously have to review my stance regarding playing here for the long term

Edited by arcdevil on April 3, 2014 6:06PM
  • juic3
    juic3
    ✭✭
    Oh hey there Jessica, 3-4 hours this time? hm....I guess I'll get some sleep. also, that officer spot in DD is still open.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zargorius wrote: »

Except in Europe which has mostly the same time zone or just 1 hour difference - making it 4 hours earlier or later would have been much better move, 20:00 (or 19:00 in UK) for 4 hours is just bad as by the time the servers are up most people are going to bed.

And in America...?

There are other places in this world that play the game.
    ----
    Murray?
  • galiumb16_ESO
    galiumb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently the 12+ hours of down time yesterday was not enough time to get the game ready for release...
  • LoreRunner
    LoreRunner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And 4 hours later would be prime time for NA, meaning that is useless. 4 Hours earlier would be close to prime time for Australia, which makes that useless. See the problem with your logic? Every time is prime time for someone around the world.
    If you like my thoughts, feed my addiction! Give me forum credit! :)
  • SinBad
    SinBad
    ✭✭✭
    Hawke wrote: »
    I blame the 3 day headstart... we did not have a single drop before then :smile:
    @Hawke Not our fault ESO couldn't handle us, She wasn't ready
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhuGdZLAoi8

Myrmidons, my brothers of the sword. I'd rather fight beside you than any army of thousands. Let no man forget how menacing we are, we are lions! Do you know what's there, waiting, beyond that beach? Immortality!Take it, it's yours!
  • Korinth
    Korinth
    ✭✭✭
    Sigh... it is what it is. I just hope more bug fixes are put in place for the live event. Im still having issues with my health not regenerating after combat ends (have to log out then back in).

Other than that get ready for all the kiddies to Beat the Dead Horse again:\

dead-horse.gif
    Guild Officer
    Tamriel Transport Co.

tusc.enjin.com/home
  • clairefunb16_ESO
    Oops. I have slightly offended my husband and mother-in-law by choosing to stay at home tonight for 'the last evening of early access' instead of going over to her house for dinner this evening. It's now 7pm and servers will be back by 10 or 11pm, which is pretty much time for bed for those of us with unavoidable responsibilities. If I'd known before 10 minutes ago this 'planned and expected' server downtime was happening, I'd have been able to go with them, had a nice meal and drank someone else's wine, and NOT offended half my family. I don't mind it's happening - I'm looking forward to launch after all, but I wish there'd been something on facebook, this forum, anywhere really.
  • TallblokeUK
    LoreRunner wrote: »

And 4 hours later would be prime time for NA, meaning that is useless. 4 Hours earlier would be close to prime time for Australia, which makes that useless. See the problem with your logic? Every time is prime time for someone around the world.

Err...different servers, different DT...earn your wages ;)
  • Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭

What are you talking about, this is the EU server, if you don't get it I spell it for you: E U R O P E A N

And Europe is mostly GMT, GMT+1 and GMT+2 so yes, this is prime time for the entire europe that was playing on the EUropean server.

• leylfiye
    leylfiye
    I don't think I got what I paid for so I do find it irritating. Why couldn't I and others be given the 5 days of early access that we paid for, then take the servers down for 3-4 hours, then re-open for the launch? Oh well, the game is fun and I will be back *sighs*.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Err...different servers, different DT...earn your wages ;)

So far, they've always been bringing the servers up/down together, with the exception of the emergency downtime for the NA server.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    How about this:

Captian_Obmeme.png
    Edited by Lazarus_Long on April 3, 2014 6:12PM
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • thanoskkk
    thanoskkk
    Soul Shriven

NA server is different than the EU server. No need to bring them down both the same time. See?
  • timtipi2
    timtipi2
    Vodka wrote: »

we understand :)

huh, still launch is tommorow at 13:00?
    then this is abit early dont ya think, just do this after midnight, u guys making alot of money on this, u can pay some ppl to do this stuff overnight, srsly

• NainFou
    NainFou
    Soul Shriven
    ouaip C sa! à 80€ le jeu + 12€ / mois, faudrait peut etre arreter de fermer le jeu ou alors le passer en BETA, le mois et les 5 jrs ne sont pas gratuits que je sache, s'ils continue comme sa ils vont ce planter, on ne fait pas payer une beta >:)
    Cordialement NainFou
  • Leeta
    Leeta
    ✭✭✭
    If it was planned we should've been warned yesterday or at least early this morning! Not 5 minutes before they just drop (since there was no estimate we were clueless as to WHEN they would go down)...

This is giving me a bad feeling because this is exactly how SoE's customer service is when it comes to EQ2, a game which i left after 9 years for this one. And as much as i love this game and having fun this is a big warning sign for me how the game will be in the near future... I hope my gut feeling is wrong though.
    Edited by Leeta on April 3, 2014 6:13PM