Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Style Page: The Blind Shoulder

• richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got a message stating they'll restore HALF my keys?

Hows that logic? They confirm its a bug and I just wasted all my keys, but only restore 50%? Like I'm 50% responsible for the bug? My mind is blown by this logic.

They should be restoring my keys and giving me +50% for the hassle and heartache this has caused, 0% my fault or responsibility by the way. Not a good feeling to have your entire trove of keys evaporate for no reason. Then somehow after finally admitting fault, making a declaration they don't actually care about 50% of the time you spent accumulating.

ZOS, seriously, if a fault happens because of a bug you created, just restore 100% and move on. Especially on an item that is not associated with real money (crowns) and cannot even be traded. Just restore for gods sake.

Anyone have any clue what the math and reason for 50% restore is? Do they genuinely think this is somehow 50% my fault? Should I send all the Dev's and email before I spend keys to double check the Style page is even in the loot table?
  • Dr3n0
    Dr3n0
    Soul Shriven
    Hello, thanks to all for keeping the post alive.

I've wrote a ticket asking for a refund of the keys today and I'll let you know how it goes.
  • Dr3n0
    Dr3n0
    Soul Shriven
    Hey all,

I've managed to get my keys back through the ticket so I encourage all of you that spent big amount of keys to also write a ticket.

Hopefully you'll get your keys back too :)
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr3n0 wrote: »
    Hey all,

I've managed to get my keys back through the ticket so I encourage all of you that spent big amount of keys to also write a ticket.

Did you get the full amount? No idea why they are only giving me half.
  • RunningSucks
    RunningSucks
    Soul Shriven
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/662747/pc-mac-patch-notes-v10-0-8#latest

I guess the future update is not today. Just few days and the problem will fix itself - no shoulder, no bug :D
  • reazea
    reazea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does this piece of gear look like? Can't find it on eso fashion or anywhere else.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spent 40 keys today after the patch. No pages.
    Edited by code65536 on July 22, 2024 12:36PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • salander7
    salander7
    ✭✭✭
    richo262 wrote: »
    They kept telling me it wasn't a bug? You guys got your keys back?
    Mine was from a couple years ago, a similar incident (only they didn't have a concurrent style page). Still, I was pissed at the "one time courtesy", so it means since they corrected their mistake once already, I'm on my own.
    I guess players are responsible when ZoS screws up, and if we suffer the consequences of ZoS screwing up twice, is our fault. They could add something like "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me" to the terms of service at this point.
    reazea wrote: »
    What does this piece of gear look like? Can't find it on eso fashion or anywhere else.
    Took a couple of pics for you, you can preview the style page on any undaunted enclave. Ignore the character's mild inebriation

ssyg50z1j8hd.png
    Main: Dragonknight Tank.

Crown trading middleman in PC-EU.
  • cicisch
    cicisch
    Class Representative
    Incredibly disappointing to see that there was no fix today and no further communication from ZoS on this subject, with 3 days left to obtain this style. I understand the shoulder is still obtainable, but many of us spent keys on the mystery coffers to get the shoulder without any acknowledgment of the bug or guidance on if keys would be reimbursed if we submitted a ticket.

Bugs and mistakes happen, but the silence on this topic is frustrating when a very simple paragraph acknowledging the issue and offering recourse is all it would take to put the community at ease.
  • Dr3n0
    Dr3n0
    Soul Shriven
    Hey all,

Yes, they gave me the full amount but the response mentioned that it was a "one time exception for the inconvenience".

In the ticket they mentioned that they are aware of the issue and it will be fixed in a future update, but I was dissapointed to see that todays patch haven't fixed it.
  • kevkj
    kevkj
    ✭✭✭✭
    It will be fixed the next time The Blind mask and shoulder style is available some time in 2025/2026.
    Edited by kevkj on July 22, 2024 7:13PM
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a little disappointed with this one.

Not only is this issue reoccurring, but the lack of communication is another factor.

I generally don't miss out on Style Pages, so I'll spend the 50 keys, but I much rather would have had chances to get Shoulders that I don't have...

Because I'm familiar with this issue, I also waited to spend keys on this shoulder. If I had just purchased boxes, then I could have even gotten refunded keys!

Oh well. It's not that big of a deal.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • BetweenMidgets
    BetweenMidgets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    salander7 wrote: »
    I guess players are responsible when ZoS screws up, and if we suffer the consequences of ZoS screwing up twice, is our fault. They could add something like "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me" to the terms of service at this point.

Pretty clear what they think of customer loyalty :(

Sorry you're going through that, mate.
    PC-NA
  • Mizael
    Mizael
    ✭✭✭✭
    News?
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Spent 40 keys today after the patch. No pages.

Thanks for taking the hit Code!
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Here is how it looks with the on theme styles if anyone is debating about getting it.

npszhrlz2ix4.jpg
    Don't tank

• CatoUnchained
    CatoUnchained
    ✭✭✭✭
    This kind of customer service doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the company. When people lose in game resources to bugs created on ZOS' end they should apologize and reimburse the losses.

It's a sign of a decent and moral company that can apologize and rectify THEIR mistake as opposed to just ignoring the customers losses due to their mistake.
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

Yes, they gave me the full amount but the response mentioned that it was a "one time exception for the inconvenience".

In the ticket they mentioned that they are aware of the issue and it will be fixed in a future update, but I was dissapointed to see that todays patch haven't fixed it.

What kind of company screws something up, confirms its a problem they caused, and doesn't redress all those that were affected by it? Which could be done ... for free.

Will they sell restoration on the crown store or something?

What message is this 'one time courtesy' nonsense.

Notice how nobody in this thread made a song and dance about ZOS having a bug in the first place? These things happen. Some have said this isn't the first time ZOS has screwed this up. If you are going to have a policy of 'We are only going to fix the consequences of our own mistakes one time' maybe we should hold ZOS to a higher standard.

A courtesy ... it doesn't feel like it. ZOS has spent actually money on paying 5 people to review my ticket, where they could just apply common sense and redress the situation... for free. With a sensible outcome.

Now there is this position of absolutely no confidence in the games systems or events, if ZOS screws up again, how will this affect me? Because they don't seem all to interested in fixing it.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What message is this 'one time courtesy' nonsense.

In fairness, in all my years of dealing with support, every single time they fix something for the player, they've said "one time courtesy". It's just boilerplate language and I have learned not to read too much into it.
    Edited by code65536 on July 25, 2024 2:40PM

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welp...

From today's patch notes on PTS (10.1.3):
    "Fixed an issue preventing Aradros and The Blind Monster Set Shoulder Style Pages from dropping from Urgarlag's Mystery Coffer."

So yes, it is now confirmed from ZOS that it was not included in the drop table at all.

At least I only spent 25 keys rolling for it, but still... I think it would be nice if this pack made a rerun after the Q3 patch dropped since this was confirmed as a sourcing bug.

(Though I also note that the patch note also mentions Aradros. That's not the monster set from there, Anthelmir's Construct is, but we haven't heard about that Arms Pack being upcoming either. I do hope that the missing Arms packs do deign to show up eventually, since it's been ages since we got a new one and they're not coming out with any speed. Before the Blind this month, the last brand new one was Kargaeda back in September)
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Though I also note that the patch note also mentions Aradros.

I can elaborate on that one. So, the style page for Oathsworn had already been added to the game's collectibles table a while ago, and you can find it by datamining the table. Its appearance is that of Anthelmir's Construct, but it is mis-named Aradros in the collectibles table. Probably because the monster trophy/bust from Oathsworn is Aradros, and whoever named the style copied-and-pasted from the bust, rather than the actual monster set. (In the vast majority of cases, the bust boss and the mask boss are the same; Oathsworn is a rare exception here, which is likely the cause of this mistake.)

And then whoever fixed the drop issue reported for the patch notes that they fixed Aradros because it is actually (mis-)named Aradros in the game right now.

I never reported this since it's based on datamined information of something that hadn't been officially released, and there's a fair chance that someone there will catch it before release (which could even be years in the future; Stone Husk from four years ago is still unreleased, for example).
    Edited by code65536 on July 30, 2024 12:01PM

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is why i just wait to buy these until they show up on the archive vendor, no grind needed lol

You need to grind the archive, though. 😉
    If anyone here says: OH! But, PVP! I swear I'll ...

Thank you for the valuable input and respectfully recommend to discuss that aspect of ESO on the PVP forum.