Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Style Page: The Blind Shoulder

Dr3n0
Dr3n0
Soul Shriven
Hello,

Did anyone drop the new Style Page: The Blind Shoulder from the one key Urgarlag's Mystery Coffer ?
I spent arround 100 keys and got 8x Balorgh page but no new one so I'm wondering if I'm just unlucky or if the drop might be bugged.
  • MiD1v
    MiD1v
    ✭✭
    ~80 keys for me and only got 2x Balorgh :/
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Usually it doesn't take very many tries to get the shoulder from the single key coffer.

My guess is that there likely is an issue. And I believe that this type of issue has happened before.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • salander7
    salander7
    ✭✭✭
    Wasted 25-30 keys (unsure on whether one or the other), and 2x Balorgh, but no The Blind shoulder page. A guildie spent around 100, and he didn't get any also.

Not the first time a shoulder style has been bugged but it's there to be bought for 50 keys, so no indication of it not dropping from regular coffers.
    Also I can confirm Mask style page is droppping currently.
    Main: Dragonknight Tank.

Crown trading middleman in PC-EU.
  • jrmwvu04
    jrmwvu04
    ✭✭
    75 keys, no Blind drop. A few drops of my old pal Balorgh but that’s it. None listed in any trader I checked. Suspect it might not be dropping correctly.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did see someone link one in chat, but they may have just bought the 50-key version.

I bought 25 keys worth of the 1-key coffers - one Balorgh, no Blind. I know the drop rate before has been bugged right on the day of release, so I'm probably gonna wait to try again.
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 keys for me, 20 keys for my husband, 20 keys a friend of us... NOBODY got the shoulder from Urgarlag coffers !!! It is definitively bugged !!!

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_Kevin
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is why i just wait to buy these until they show up on the archive vendor, no grind needed lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is why i just wait to buy these until they show up on the archive vendor, no grind needed lol

No grind needed to buy coffers from Urgarlag !!!
    Just have some undaunted keys to spend...

But coffers MUST have a choice to drop Blind Shoulder. Right now they are bugged.
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But coffers MUST have a choice to drop Blind Shoulder. Right now they are bugged.

there is grind, since you need keys for that, and its not guaranteed on drop

buying from the archive its 100% guarantee i know what im getting and for a fixed price
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

• RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

buying from the archive its 100% guarantee i know what im getting and for a fixed price

Where is the difference with grinding keys and archive fortunes?

• Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You can buy the shoulders straight-up from the undaunted vendors at the price of 50 keys.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Soarora wrote: »

You can buy the shoulders straight-up from the undaunted vendors at the price of 50 keys.

to me they are not worth 50 keys, as the effort required to get 50 keys is far far higher than 15,000 archive fortunes

the only reason i would spend the keys on the monster shoulders style pages, is when i completely run out of things to buy after collecting all of the monster shoulder gear (since from what i understand they plan on making these curated next update)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Soarora wrote: »

to me they are not worth 50 keys, as the effort required to get 50 keys is far far higher than 15,000 archive fortunes

the only reason i would spend the keys on the monster shoulders style pages, is when i completely run out of things to buy after collecting all of the monster shoulder gear (since from what i understand they plan on making these curated next update)

Fair enough, dungeons are my main content and I have all the shoulders I could possibly need so there's no harm in me using keys exclusively for style pages, which is basically what I do.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank

View my builds!
  • Majkiy
    Majkiy
    ✭✭✭
    60 keys, 5x Balorgh, 0 Blind
  • Silaf
    Silaf
    ✭✭✭✭
    120 keys and 5 balorgh. Had to spend 50 to directly buy the blind shoulder.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spent 100 keys. Got 10x Balorgh pages. 0x Blind pages. Sigh. I guess I should've checked the forums first.

2fo807qascmi.png
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silaf wrote: »

If you were willing to drop over 100 keys to get the shoulder from a chance drop...why didn't you just go the buy direct option in the first place and save yourself the keys.

Why are people preferring to gamble when you can just buy it outright?
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Silaf wrote: »

If you were willing to drop over 100 keys to get the shoulder from a chance drop...why didn't you just go the buy direct option in the first place and save yourself the keys.

Why are people preferring to gamble when you can just buy it outright?

Because the drop rate is considerably better than 1-in-50.

Over the years, I have gotten every single shoulder page from the 1-key coffers, and there was only once where it took more than 50 keys. Usually in much less than 50 keys.

So, if I'm used to seeing the shoulder drop in fewer than 50 keys, why did I continue when it seemed clear that something was wrong? Because the 1-key boxes also drop Mercenary chapters. Balorgh pages (of which I got 10x lol), and also pieces that I'm missing for set collections. That's how I get my shoulders for the set collections, BTW. I never buy the purple coffers (what a waste of keys!) and instead fish for them from the 1-key coffers when there's a style page that's dropping, so I'm fishing for both set collection and new style pages at the same time.

(I also have a lot of keys, so 100 isn't much to me.)

It's almost always better to get 1-key coffers. Except for the times when it's bugged. But oh well. Not the first time this has happened. Probably won't be the last, either. You get used to it.
    Edited by code65536 on July 5, 2024 1:46AM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • LadyAzura
    LadyAzura
    ✭✭✭
    I spent 120 keys and only got 4 Balorgh shoulders. :( This drop rate is the most abysmal I've ever seen.

For years I have always bought the 1 key coffers for the shoulder style pages and have consistently gotten 1-3 style pages from only spending 50 keys. I am so upset I wasted all those keys if it is bugged!
    @LadyAzura | PCNA | youtube.com/@Azuraaaaaaaaa
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I opened ~100 of the blue random boxes and got 4 Balorgh pages but 0 Blind pages. I ended up just buying the Blind page with 50 keys.

For years I was able to get the style pages from opening ~20 blue boxes. But for the past year or so it has taken opening 40-60+ boxes just to get 1 style page. Something has definitely changed with the drop rates, for me at least... And of course every time that I tried asking in zone chat I'm always answered with low-effort copy-paste troll replies like "Skill Issue", "Git Gud", and "RNG is RNG"... Well I've played this game long enough to know when something isn't working the same as it was for years...
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    N00BxV1 wrote: »
    I opened ~100 of the blue random boxes and got 4 Balorgh pages but 0 Blind pages. I ended up just buying the Blind page with 50 keys.

For years I was able to get the style pages from opening ~20 blue boxes. But for the past year or so it has taken opening 40-60+ boxes just to get 1 style page. Something has definitely changed with the drop rates, for me at least... And of course every time that I tried asking in zone chat I'm always answered with low-effort copy-paste troll replies like "Skill Issue", "Git Gud", and "RNG is RNG"... Well I've played this game long enough to know when something isn't working the same as it was for years...

I don't think drop rates have changed. I just think they forgot to put the Blind shoulders in the loot table.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    sarahthes wrote: »
    N00BxV1 wrote: »

I don't think drop rates have changed. I just think they forgot to put the Blind shoulders in the loot table.

This is likely. Nearly every time theres been 2 arms packs up, this exact thing has happened. I’m not kidding, this is perhaps the 4th time.
    • CP 2000+

View my builds!
  • Horny_Poney
    Horny_Poney
    ✭✭✭
    I spent 70 keys and got 0 blinds shoulders style. Plus 50 keys to buy it directly.
  • dosco
    dosco
    ✭✭✭
    Man I should've checked the forums first. Spent 100 keys, 3 Balorghs, 0 Blind :')
  • TheDarkRuler
    TheDarkRuler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    24 comments, no comment from an official source?
    @ZOS_Kevin Any info on this bug?
  • RunningSucks
    RunningSucks
    Soul Shriven
    Submitted bug ticket 240706-004702, but since there is no response for the bug tickets by design, I will never know if it's bugged or not :D

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we just dumped our keys to get an item with a 0% chance of dropping, they should at least look into the logs and refund the keys.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I did wonder why the listing price in traders for the shoulder was so high and there were so few on offer, this explains it nicely.
  • syberfut
    syberfut
    ✭✭✭
    Found this thread after spending 250 keys. Thought it was just my typical luck with RNG. Whew, okay.. so translating keys to time wasted.. typical 5 key run on average 30mins to an hour (or so if you are unlucky haha). That's 50 sets of 5 keys... hmm so I just wasted 25-50 hours.. yay.