Feedback On Console Environmental Sustainability Features

• thegenuinebuzz
    The FPS changes also hugely affect the competitivity of console scores in trials compared to PC ones.

Being able to quickly make changes in skills is a key cornerstone of console scores and the ability to manoeuvre around the menus without being impeded by a particularly low FPS cap is absolutely necessary to compete with PC's Wizard's Wardrobe add-on. Not only does this make certain skill swaps impossible but it's just hugely ugly to do and look at, it's notably nauseous and headache inducing to the point of some of our team members communicating that they'd rather not play the game.

In short : Console scores will be much worse than they already are because we cannot physically make the changes required in the windows we have.
    XB- EU
    Options
  • schindler
    schindler
    ✭✭✭
    [PS5]
    The camera zooming in and out while opening crafting writ boxes is probably best example of an awful experience this "feature" has caused.
    It's almost unbearable over multiple toons.
    Edited by schindler on June 23, 2024 5:12PM
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    schindler wrote: »
    [PS5]
    The camera zooming in and out while opening crafting writ boxes is probably best example of an awful experience this "feature" has caused.
    It's almost unbearable over multiple toons.

im pretty sure the zooming already happened in the past
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • BuffNukem
    BuffNukem
    ✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »

Correct, the zooming was already a thing....But at 30 FPS that zooming in and out is hard to look at. Also you can see issues with zooming in and out if you go in repeatedly go into your menus. In that case the while zooming in the FPS drops to 30FPS (or less), then when you leave the zoom out is back at 60 FPS. When you quickly go in and out of your menus the constant jarring changes of FPS while the screen is also zooming in and out:
    60FPS -> 30FPS -> 60FPS -> 30FPS -> 60FPS -> 30FPS -> 60FPS
    This can also be very visually problematic.
    Edited by BuffNukem on June 23, 2024 6:40PM
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BuffNukem wrote: »
    LunaFlora wrote: »

Correct, the zooming was already a thing....But the POINT they are saying is while zooming in the FPS drops to 30FPS (or less), then when you zoom out it goes back to 60 FPS. When you quickly go through your coffers it is constant jarring changes of FPS while the screen is also zooming in and out:
    60FPS -> 30FPS -> 60FPS -> 30FPS -> 60FPS -> 30FPS -> 60FPS -> 30FPS -> 60FPS -> 30FPS -> 60FPS -> 30FPS -> 60 FPS
    At the typical speed of going through multiple coffers in your inventory this can cause a lot of eye strain and be an issue with many users on console.

i did not get that from their comment.
    thanks.

i primarily play on PlayStation and i myself havent really noticed the difference yet but i do get that this new change can cause issues.
    i didnt know the opening of coffers also had fps differences now.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • BuffNukem
    BuffNukem
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, I misspoke and confused two zooming issues. While going through your coffers both the zoom in and out is now steady at a 30FPs cap, it is only the going in and out of the menus that you can see the FPS rate change each time you zoom in/out.

The zooming in/out while opening the coffers creates a significant visually change to the screen, so with that being all held to a 30fps cap makes the rapid dynamic changes in the screen view is very rough to look at. The Devs' rational for the change was that FPS wasn't critical in menus because they believed while in your menus the screen view was mostly static, but when your screen is rapidly zooming in/out, or if you are quickly scrolling through inventory or across a map the screen ISN'T very static which makes the drop to 30 FPS cap a stupid restriction.
    Edited by BuffNukem on June 23, 2024 7:18PM
    Options
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t seen a single post in favour of this change

That should tell zos everything
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Just want to thank everyone for submitting your feedback over the last week. The team working on this has your feedback and will be review to see what adjustments or changes can be made here to improve your experience here. Thanks all.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Just want to thank everyone for submitting your feedback over the last week. The team working on this has your feedback and will be review to see what adjustments or changes can be made here to improve your experience here. Thanks all.

Sweet! Looking forward to their solution, thanks for the update!
    Options
  • D4rk
    D4rk

Such a relief. A QOL change like this changed so much of the game... It's like it changed how we perceive reality. You can't change it.
    Options
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MJallday wrote: »
    I haven’t seen a single post in favour of this change

That should tell zos everything

There's definitely at least one in this thread. This is also the type of topic where people who don't have a problem aren't likely to post.
    Options
  • D4rk
    D4rk
    Destai wrote: »

I'm kinda anxious to when a solution to this will come as if it were a full new chapter, but at the same time sad that maybe it will only come with a hotfix or maybe even with U43. To me, these changes are like everyone's game becomes a black screen, something that needs to be fixed ASAP.
    Options
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    D4rk wrote: »
    Destai wrote: »

I'm kinda anxious to when a solution to this will come as if it were a full new chapter, but at the same time sad that maybe it will only come with a hotfix or maybe even with U43. To me, these changes are like everyone's game becomes a black screen, something that needs to be fixed ASAP.

I'm anxious too. Strongly in the camp of "revert the change entirely". Hopefully it happens ASAP.
    Options
  • nessarose_0112358
    nessarose_0112358
    Soul Shriven
    U42 made performance so bad the game has become unplayable on ps4. Dying to invisible enemies in (even normal) dungeons because they take so long to load. And when they do load, there's no animation, no sound effects, no Aoes for a good while. If there's a mechanic happening, you simply can't even see it and you're dead. Spawning banker takes 5 secs after the dungeon is already over and no enemies and players are even around. Just a few examples...

Game was always slow on ps4 but that was understandable, but it was nowhere near this bad before U42. This is several times slower and worse. How are we to do trifectas now with all the invisible enemies and animations and Aoes?

I know older consoles aren't priority but there's still a good number of people playing on them, you need to revert and fix this please, this is game breaking.

I’m having similar issues on PS4 since the new update as well. Adds aren’t loading in, enemy aoes aren’t showing, quest markers disappear and reappear, sounds and animations don’t load in (with the exception of my character’s footsteps). The only way I know there’s adds is that there are little red dots on the HUD and I can see my damage numbers pop up on screen. I’ve run into random loading screens overland, in delves, public dungeons, 4-man dungeons, and trials. It frequently takes 10 seconds to open up the bank menu after clicking x to talk to a banker in a city. The issue is particularly noticeable/prevalent in overland content, delves, and public dungeons (to the point where I’ve decided to put off doing the new zone story)— but it also occurs in 4-man dungeons and trials (the base game 4 man dungeons are usually worse than the DLCs). This is particularly problematic as I typically tank…..and I can’t taunt enemies that simply aren’t on the screen. I am in several Hm or trifecta progs at the moment — and I’m honestly not sure I will be able to continue. I’ve tried clearing my cache, rebooting/power cycling my router and ps4 and none of it has helped.
    Options
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried both console and PC and both feel clunky. Please make this setting optional.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
    Options
  • iPomasHD
    iPomasHD
    ✭✭

Thank you! I hope this feature will be an optional on console and PC.
    Options
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep getting stuck in load screens or crash after U42.

I say this here because in a player's thread about these new features, a player pointed to these features causing the crashes and loading screens.
    I don't know what's the cause but could be worth investigating...
    Options
  • kurbbie_s
    kurbbie_s
    ✭✭✭
    U42 made performance so bad the game has become unplayable on ps4. Dying to invisible enemies in (even normal) dungeons because they take so long to load. And when they do load, there's no animation, no sound effects, no Aoes for a good while. If there's a mechanic happening, you simply can't even see it and you're dead. Spawning banker takes 5 secs after the dungeon is already over and no enemies and players are even around. Just a few examples...

Game was always slow on ps4 but that was understandable, but it was nowhere near this bad before U42. This is several times slower and worse. How are we to do trifectas now with all the invisible enemies and animations and Aoes?

I know older consoles aren't priority but there's still a good number of people playing on them, you need to revert and fix this please, this is game breaking.

theyve obviously given up on the optimization. We've been telling them for about a decade of the problems and they just keep selling more ***
    Options
  • kurbbie_s
    kurbbie_s
    ✭✭✭
    The FPS changes also hugely affect the competitivity of console scores in trials compared to PC ones.

Being able to quickly make changes in skills is a key cornerstone of console scores and the ability to manoeuvre around the menus without being impeded by a particularly low FPS cap is absolutely necessary to compete with PC's Wizard's Wardrobe add-on. Not only does this make certain skill swaps impossible but it's just hugely ugly to do and look at, it's notably nauseous and headache inducing to the point of some of our team members communicating that they'd rather not play the game.

In short : Console scores will be much worse than they already are because we cannot physically make the changes required in the windows we have.

you dont need that addon. Buy an armory slot
    Options
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kurbbie_s wrote: »

you dont need that addon. Buy an armory slot

Armory cannot be used in vet trials, you would need to travel out, use armory, travel back in. Also the cost per slot just for gear changes compared to the use of something like wizards wardrobe which doesn't cost anything
    Soupy twist
    Options
  • Dranx
    Dranx
    ✭✭
    Damn! What happened to the maps and menu in ESO on the xbox???? Please fix the (i think) 30fps modus!
    Options
  • Bammlschwamml
    Bammlschwamml
    ✭✭
    Is there any chance that this fps change affects the whole game by mistake? I noticed a lot of stuttering on playstation a while ago. Weeks before this discussion was opened. Especially in Cyrodiil, but overland too. Ps4 is stuttering a lot more than ps5.
    Options
  • aroscoe
    aroscoe
    ✭✭
    I am definitely not a fan of this change. Please make it optional.
    Options
  • CAB_Life
    CAB_Life
    Class Representative
    Needs to be a toggle. Dropping from 60 FPS to 30 FPS to a blurry mess (when in standby) is highly disorienting and disruptive to experience--as well as inexplicable--for high end consoles. What is the purpose of a performance mode that doesn't offer performance or does so at another's whim?

There are many, many things people can do to contribute toward environmental sustainability, and lowering the electrical footprint while playing ESO is certainly at the absolute bottom of that list.
    Options