Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Furnishing Plans - Drop Rate / Cooldown : Question

• MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In short, I think all of the things you mentioned are probably part of this. Another thing that is relevant to people farming is getting a West Weald plan versus a base game one. This is probably a very simple mechanic, though. (Flat ratio? Static pool of possibilities?)

That is something I totally overlooked. It raises the question, are there Zone specific loottables a RNG system chooses between for furniture plans and other stuff (eg. treasure maps), before the other RNG system chooses the rarity or only one big general one?

If there is, this would mean we could / would have at least 5 RNG systems stacked on each other.

There definitely ARE zone-specific loot tables. You get some drops only in particular zones, others, with a much higher probability in some zones.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Until Necrom, I did all of my looting on one toon. There is definitely a penalty applied the longer you stay logged in. I would typically find only one or two purple plans per month.

Used to be able to just go somewhere else and do something else and come back a half hour later or even the next day and keep farming, but with Necrom it didn’t work. It was either more empty containers or just garbage in them. Switching toons seems to refresh the containers.

I don’t have hard data on this because console doesn’t have loot logs and I’m not going to stop after every container and write down the contents.

I feel like Necrom got nerfed again recently because I rarely get any purples from those urns anymore, it’s just not worth the time to try. Since I am only interested in farming the new plans I don’t farm anymore. I will try when we get Gold Road tomorrow but it sounds like more of the same.

Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally managed to reproduce it! This is with Homemaker on, but the two purples were from separate containers.

pajljv6j2z0x.png

How do you get so many drops? I get at best one blue plan per hour farming lootables with this new DLC...

It drives me insane.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many conflicting finds here... yet useful info.

IMO it's difficult to make an assesment unless many people do multiple runs in the same areas, on specific types of containers, and compare the results.

Take the Outcast Inn for example (West Weald). Those dressers and bags really do drop furnishing plans, I got myself 2 purple ones and a blue one, all Colovian. I also noticed that I started getting white blueprints after a while. I suppose these containers have certain loot tables, while urns or baskets have different ones. But it's hard to figure out since the loot tables contain hundreds of items if not more.

I noticed that the same kind of container, like the dressers in the Outcast Inn, doesn't have the same drop rate in other places. I tried the Estate south of Skingrad many times, found nothing.

I also think the devs change the drop rates from certain areas after people figure out it drops good loot. Remember how in Summerset they nerfed the wardrobes in the delve from Artaeum. So, it's quite difficult to find a pattern.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • sleepy_worm
    sleepy_worm
    ✭✭✭
    How do you get so many drops? I get at best one blue plan per hour farming lootables with this new DLC...

Recently, I have been farming on one character for about ten minutes (waiting for the subsequent green plan to drop) and then switching characters. After about 6 characters of this (1 hour), I do something else for a bit. This pretty much guarantees me about 6 blue plans and often results in about 3 purples in an hour of farming, sometimes more.

The only reason I do strictly 10 minutes is because I'm testing something specific. I would recommend doing 10 minutes OR once you get a purple on that character, whichever comes first. And once I get a purple on a character, that character is done for the day. Honestly, once I've done the 10 minutes, that character is done for the day.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Recently, I have been farming on one character for about ten minutes (waiting for the subsequent green plan to drop) and then switching characters. After about 6 characters of this (1 hour), I do something else for a bit. This pretty much guarantees me about 6 blue plans and often results in about 3 purples in an hour of farming, sometimes more.

The only reason I do strictly 10 minutes is because I'm testing something specific. I would recommend doing 10 minutes OR once you get a purple on that character, whichever comes first. And once I get a purple on a character, that character is done for the day. Honestly, once I've done the 10 minutes, that character is done for the day.

To be fair, once you've banged out 10 minutes across 20 characters, that 3.33 hours and seems like as good a time to quit as any.

"Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll just add to all this that the wildly different results you all are getting are the biggest of all the problems this thread illustrates, and a clear example of why such heavy reliance on RNG is a bad thing.

I'll also say that the fact that ZOS won't come out and give us clear answers or even helpful hints on any of this is the second biggest problem, and it shows a clear unwillingness to treat our time as if it's valuable.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, to put the matter to death once and for all. This is with no filters, so you can see it's not from a portfolio or anything, just looting the containers:

0vaukqm2hakd.png

NO. (*********). COOLDOWNS.
  • sleepy_worm
    sleepy_worm
    ✭✭✭
    I see you were in Necrom. I've said before that Necrom is an anomaly and there is a reason I chose not to do my testing there. I have statistically significant evidence of a 10-minute difference between average time between green plans when switching characters and when staying on one character in West Weald. My previous testing was done in the Reach.

I have done the work and provided a hypothesis that fits the data, though perhaps I should amend it to say that it is possibly only for West Weald (the zone most furniture farmers care about at the moment). Making the generalization that "there are no cooldowns" based on an anecdote is a far cry from that.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/661156/testing-the-cooldown-on-green-furniture
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see you were in Necrom. I've said before that Necrom is an anomaly and there is a reason I chose not to do my testing there. I have statistically significant evidence of a 10-minute difference between average time between green plans when switching characters and when staying on one character in West Weald. My previous testing was done in the Reach.

I have done the work and provided a hypothesis that fits the data, though perhaps I should amend it to say that it is possibly only for West Weald (the zone most furniture farmers care about at the moment). Making the generalization that "there are no cooldowns" based on an anecdote is a far cry from that.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/661156/testing-the-cooldown-on-green-furniture

I am pretty sure in a similar thread years ago, there was proof from Old Orsinium (which was the main grinding spot at that point), but then things could have changed a lot in the time... Makes me wonder then if the difference is that Necrom doesn't have the cooldown and West Weald apparently has, or if it's the justice containers vs unowned. Need to find a place with a decent number of justice containers in WW to test...
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

qvyhfb1kv869.png

This character has no companions unlocked or anything, just parked in The Dominus Fatum
    Edited by MreeBiPolar on August 5, 2024 11:52AM