Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Greenshade RollBack Issues for Everyone in the Zone Getting Worse.

• Sporeo
    Sporeo
    Yay~! Attempting to go back to Greenshade :P
    Options
  • Sporeo
    Sporeo
    I experienced a rollback within 10 minutes of logging on :( US megaserver, character: Dalahni.

EDIT: It appears to not even be a rollback? I am on the quest Stone Cold. I am on the portion to collapse holes, but after collapsing all three, I attempted to go through the doorway to the next part and the game got stuck in the loading screen. I closed the game, and came in to find that last part incomplete, assuming it was a rollback.

This time after redoing the collapse part, I logged out first before continueing. Without even going through the door, my quest is now showing incomplete again. It appears to not be saving my progress at all.

EDIT 2: I was able to do another quest, so I'm just going to abandon the other one for now and hope for the best.
    Edited by Sporeo on April 5, 2014 1:13AM
    Options
  • mcleodconnorb16_ESO
    Retaking the pass is still broken.
    Options
  • WilliamTee
    WilliamTee
    ✭✭✭
    The Valenhood has finally released the valiant Pum'Raa from her clutches.

Upon release he remarked:

"This one understood Khajiit were supposed to get stuck UP trees, not INSIDE them. Pum'Raa had just gotten rid of his fleas, and now he has termites!"

Not a happy kitty.

Only played for about 20mins but things seemed fairly smooth.

Is the guardians quest a particularly significant one?
    Options
  • Quiveringpotato
    The rollback crashing is fixed! I wish I could say the same for the bugged quests.
    Cyrellon Highwatch - High Elf Sorceror
    Options
  • AlchemyDevil
    AlchemyDevil
    ✭✭✭
    Hello Jessica,

I have been trying to pass the message on to players ingame to abandon the guardian quest in order to help resolve this issue. Many players outright refuse to abandon the quest until they get a message directly from a Dev and are unwilling or incapable of checking this thread for confirmation, so I was wondering if a global message could be placed ingame so as everyone is aware of the decision/fix and would abandon the quest without further argument. If this issue will truly be resolved if everyone drops the quest then it would be in everyone's best interest to be aware of the course of action and that it has been requested by Dev's/Admin.

Thank you.
    Options
  • RaZaddha
    RaZaddha
    ✭✭✭
    Just got Rolled back in Grahtwood, 2 other guild mates reported being rolled back
    Options
  • Solo18
    Solo18
    what happens if I completed that quest before the hotfix, the gaurdian one , I was able to finish it because it was so bugged that at one point it would tell me my guardian was defeated/ and had won. So I just waited for that 1st one to respawn and got the 2nd kill for the complete. But yes challenging the other guardians was really bugged HP never went down.. nice to hear rollbacks have stopped , other quests will get fixed shortly im sure.
    Options
  • Harkrider
    Harkrider
    ✭✭✭
    I've been rolled back twice in Grahtwood over the last hour or so.

It's not an issue exclusive to Greenshade.
    Options
  • turiel
    turiel
    Thank you for fixing the rollback issue.

Next high priority is "Retaking The Pass" in the same zone, this cannot be completed at the moment and is blocking progress in the main AD story.
    Options
  • Czerik
    Czerik
    Soul Shriven
    Harkrider wrote: »

Same here with Grahtwood, only once, but decided to log on an alt before I got more frustrated.
    Options
  • tiaineeneb17_ESO
    What about the people who are unable to play the game no matter where they are? I mean I need to restart the game many times before I get past the "Requesting character load."-screen and if I do, I get kicked out of the game during the next loading screen with the game saying "An unknown error has occurred". It would be nice to at least be able to play the buggy game, not just to be cursing in the loading screens. Please fix this, thanks in advance!!
    Options
  • WilliamTee
    WilliamTee
    ✭✭✭
    So... Greenshades up and running... any ETA on quest fixes lovely-zenny-people?
    Options
  • Pedro
    Pedro
    ✭✭✭
    Alliance: Daggerfall Covenant
    Content: Veteran
    Server: North American
    Quest: Retaking the Pass

Issue: The summoning portals respawn faster than the quest can give credit for. Right after killing the 3 skeletons guarding it, the quest npc runs in to break the summoning circle, but the second it's off they re-spawn again not giving credit.

We've tried this solo, grouped, relogging, taking out the three circles at the same time, killing the skeletons at the same time really fast, so far nothing has worked.

This is a story quest and for us in DC is prevents us from moving forward on our veteran ranks.
    Edited by Pedro on April 5, 2014 12:43PM
    Options
  • xindi82
    xindi82
    so even now it seems like both 'taking the pass' and 'shades of green' are both still not working, not able to apply any form of update to the quest objectives. Would be great if they could nail this bug quick since its part of the dominion story arc :)
    Options
  • soulf666
    soulf666
    ✭✭
    That zone is being the source of headache for 3 days by now. First rollbacks and golems, now only that quest left as they removed golems quest and fixed rollbacks. Don't really want to proceed without main arc quest, so going to wait till they fix it as well. Hopefully it will be soon.
    Options
  • xindi82
    xindi82
    yeah i agree 100% the whole point of having a progression story is to progress through it lol as you say hopefully its sorted soon
    Options
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah I was rolled back in Grahtwood as well, reported it early on in this thread.
    Options
  • tstearns78_ESO
    Just got rolled back three times in Grahtwood in the past half hour. :(
    Options
  • Harkrider
    Harkrider
    ✭✭✭
    babylon wrote: »

Yeah I was rolled back in Grahtwood as well, reported it early on in this thread.

I've made a thread exclusively for Grahtwood related rollbacks, here, if you'd like to raise awareness there as well.
    Options
  • MyDcmbr
    MyDcmbr
    Soul Shriven
    Retaking the Pass not working makes me a sad panda. :(

Any update on how the repair of it is going?
    Options
  • TCircuits
    TCircuits
    A Lingering Hope quest chain in the Camlorn area is having this issue as well. Just lost my 20 minutes plus of progress for this quest chain.

ALL these issues clearly show this MMORPG wasn't properly tested during closed beta phases and was rushed as most MMORPGs are nowadays.
    Options
  • xindi82
    xindi82
    So has there been any word from the dev's regarding the 'retaking the pass' and 'shades of green' quests in greenshade?
    Options
  • Consumed
    Consumed
    Soul Shriven
    @TCircuits. Just FYI, Greenshade was not even accessible during the beta. Attempting to open the door lead to "You do not have proper permission to go there" or something to that effect. Same with the Fighter's Guild quest in Eldenroot and the mainline quest where you have to kill the guy under the lighthouse.

So, you are correct, it wasn't beta tested properly simply because we didn't have the chance. Whatever the reason Zenimax decided to not let us play further than Grahtwood is beyond me, but it looks like parts of the game suffer for it.

(Also, I am speaking of weekend betas, not PTS since I wasn't afforded the opportunity to play on those. However, from what I understand, the PTS was different than the beta in a lot of ways, whether it was the testbed for stuff going into the public beta or vice versa it was different.)
    Edited by Consumed on April 6, 2014 8:30AM
    Options
  • silentgecko
    silentgecko
    ✭✭✭
    Taking the Pass still won't work - And you need it for the Zone Story Quest - Bad :/
    Guildmaster of Panic Mode! www.panic-mode.de
    Aetherian Archive Hardmode: Clear.
    Hel Ra Hardmode: Clear.
    Sanctum Ophidia Hardmode: Clear.
    Veteran Maelstrom Arena: Clear.

VR 16 Sorcerer - V16 Nightblade
    Options
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xindi82 wrote: »
    So has there been any word from the dev's regarding the 'retaking the pass' and 'shades of green' quests in greenshade?

What he said!

I'm very much against leaving this zone until I can do the main quest line.. when can we expect a fix?
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums
    Options
  • Otherside
    Otherside
    ✭✭
    Consumed wrote: »
    @TCircuits. Just FYI, Greenshade was not even accessible during the beta. Attempting to open the door lead to "You do not have proper permission to go there" or something to that effect. Same with the Fighter's Guild quest in Eldenroot and the mainline quest where you have to kill the guy under the lighthouse.

So, you are correct, it wasn't beta tested properly simply because we didn't have the chance. Whatever the reason Zenimax decided to not let us play further than Grahtwood is beyond me, but it looks like parts of the game suffer for it.

(Also, I am speaking of weekend betas, not PTS since I wasn't afforded the opportunity to play on those. However, from what I understand, the PTS was different than the beta in a lot of ways, whether it was the testbed for stuff going into the public beta or vice versa it was different.)

A lot of the quests that didn't work during beta (or now) worked during PTS, from what I can understand. It seems that a mass amount of people now playing the quests has somehow broken the scripting, which wasn't identified enough because of the very small number of people on the PTS-mostly youtubers, reviewers, friends of ZOS. I do wonder if they actually did there job and well...beta tested.

Regardless, I'm kinda hesistant to press on in Greenshade with the broken quest. Especially since it's one of the main faction quests.
    Options
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My issue is I've done all the quests aside from the bugged two, collected all the lore books / sky shards and literally uncovered everything.. so I have to move on. Waiting for a fix is time I'm not really progressing because I'm very hesitant to move on without the main quest line being up to date.

Do we have any news on a fix/patch?
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums
    Options
  • Otherside
    Otherside
    ✭✭
    I'm having problems killing the Orc Chieftain in Frighten the Fearsome, one of the first main faction quests in Greenshade. Judging by the amount of people standing around, I'm not the only one. Relogging doesn't seem to work, and he doesn't seem to appear even when I'm in a phase all by myself.

Looks LIke I'm gonna have to leave my wood elf for a while.
    Options