Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Why is there still no ramping cost on Shadowy Disguise?

• StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HowlKimchi wrote: »
    StaticWave wrote: »
    Sorc is on par, if not better than NB right now, unironically. I dropped Streak altogether and opted for movement speed because I'm so tanky. I'm basically a NB right now lol.

Both Cloak and Streak need to be nerfed if we want to keep the current iteration of Sorc and NB. It's so unfair for other classes that the 2 most mobile and elusive classes in the game are also two of the tankiest.

I'd prefer it if cloak and streak aren't touched. Healthy offering and Hardened ward on the other hand...

That's what I prefer too, but apparently a minority group of people want to have their cake and eat it too. They are either dishonest, unaware, or refusing to accept that both of these abilities make NB and Sorc unfair compared to other classes. Yet a simple game session will show how strong these classes are. I've made several threads asking for adjustments to Hardened Ward and Healthy Offering here:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/635679/revert-the-class-burst-heal-from-nb#latest
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/651611/the-burst-heal-from-sorcerers-conjured-ward-and-its-morphs-needs-to-be-value-capped#latest
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656605/blood-magic-passive-rework-necessitates-hardened-ward-rework#latest
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/654204/hardened-ward-heal-making-it-to-live-is-a-mistake-and-needs-to-be-changed#latest

Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

Options
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turtle_Bot wrote: »
    hesobad wrote: »
    They increased the detection range of detection pots to 40+ meters.
    If you still can't counter cloak spammers with that, then the cloak or the NBs aren't the issue.

NO OTHER CLASS IN THE GAME REQUIRES CERTAIN POTIONS TO COUNTER!!

Other classes are not able to sneak, being vamp 4 or use invi potions then?

You do realise that detect potions only detect the old 18-20m range against invis right? That was not increased to the 40m range. Only the crouch version of stealth can be detected up to 40m away by detect pots.

As for vamp 4, you cannot cast abilities while in that form of invis because you must remain sprinting to keep the invis and you cannot cast abilities while sprinting, so you must break invis before you can cast an ability when using that.

As for pots, they are on a 66% downtime (45s cooldown minus 15s uptime = 30s downtime) and as such they cannot be spammed like cloak can. These have a hard cooldown of 45 seconds.

You also don't get a guaranteed crit when coming out of either pots or vamp form.

You cannot say they are the same thing because those methods of obtaining invisibility have actual conditions, cooldowns, downsides and most importantly DOWNTIMES that cloak doesn't have.

Cloak should absolutely have a ramping cost. It is spammable invisibility where the class also now has so many other defensive tools at its disposal that it doesn't need cloak to survive anymore outside of roleplay and super niche builds.
    To say that a NB has no mobility while cloaked is just a flat out lie, the class has the most movement speed options in the game in its class kit (more than even sorc has because sorc must choose 1 of the 2, while NB gets both passively as secondary effects on already very strong abilities).

Cloak is already expensive.
    If you're a stam blade it does have a down time because you can only cast it twice before running out of Magicka...the same Magicka that you need for your burst heal healthy offering and other skills like shade.
    You can't add a ramping cost without making the skill completely unusable for stam blades.

As for me, I don't use detect pots on any character.
    I'm usually always with other people in battlegrounds though. Or in a zerg in Cyrodiil.
    Somebody's AOE or dot is going to reveal the nightblade when you're in a group.

If I'm caught somewhere alone how I deal with it depends on which character I'm playing. If I'm playing my NB, I'll just cloak/sneak too and it's a stalemate, I just go find the group I was probably on my way too anyway.
    If I'm on my sorc I'll just streak away towards my group, although hurricane is pretty good at revealing NBs.
    If I'm my warden tank character I can just hold block.
    Edited by LittlePinkDot on May 5, 2024 5:38PM
    Options
  • ZDunlain
    ZDunlain
    ✭✭✭
    I would add a soft ramping cost, not like streak but definitely a bit less than it, for example if you cast it again in 4 or 5 seconds the cost is increased 15-20% more but not 33% like in streak.
    PvP player
    Options
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    reazea wrote: »
    Amottica wrote: »
    reazea wrote: »
    Cloak should have a ramping cost, as many of us who ESO specifically for the PvP have been saying for years.

and many have disagreed for years

I was clear that a ramping cost for cloak is warranted in the opinions of those who PvP regularly in ESO, with exception of those who main NB and crutch on cloak. The opinions of those who don't PvP in ESO are not informed opinions.

I do not main an NB, and I disagree that the cloak needs a ramping cost. Generalizations tend to be incorrect.

Others and I prove daily that counters are effective when used properly, just as many skills are effective, demonstrating that ramping costs are unnecessary.

Edited by Amottica on May 8, 2024 5:03PM
    Options