The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.2 is available.

Stop Giving Nightblade Unnamed Damage Buffs

acastanza_ESO
acastanza_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
What the heck. We already did this and it is too strong, and this version is even stronger than it was before. This is absolutely bonkers.
Nightblade desperately needs nerfs to reign it in in PVP not buffs. This is a unique, unnamed, 20% damage buff, 30% really because it can now be stacked with Major Breserk, on a class that is already overpowered to the point of being able to do uncounterable one-shots. Are we even playing the same game ZOS?! Revert this.

Not to mention you're continuing to buff it's access to Minor Expedition, to make it miles better than Sorc, which is patently unfair which still needs the skill to be cast to get Minor Expedition. Stop this, it's crazy.
Edited by acastanza_ESO on January 29, 2024 8:02PM
  • Foxtrot39
    Foxtrot39
    ✭✭✭✭
    still waiting the day ZoS gonna remember NB still has a dead useless ult we've all asked to be reworked since it got totaly gutted whe nElsweyr droped rather than change those who doesn't need it

Syphonning strike change also gonna hurt NB tank if your sustain skill instantly drain 4k hp on cast
    Edited by Foxtrot39 on January 29, 2024 8:01PM
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Did you ever stop to think maybe it is not the class that is overpowered, it is the player's behind it? the players killing you with the NB will likely do the same with any other class.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did you ever stop to think maybe it is not the class that is overpowered, it is the player's behind it? the players killing you with the NB will likely do the same with any other class.

It isn't. It is absolutely NB's overloaded skills. Literally no other class has the kind of burst NB has access to, which this is a massive buff to. This isn't ambiguous.
    Edited by acastanza_ESO on January 29, 2024 8:04PM
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They get a combo dark deal/crit surge too. Lol.

Drain 4000 health for 2000mag/stam healing you 1250 per second while slotted on either bar.

Leeching Strikes (morph): This morph now increases the passive healing done to 1800 Health. Whenever the heal activates, it reduces the cost of your next Leeching Strikes cast by 10%, stacking up to 10 times. The cost reduction lasts until consumed, your character dies, or you rezone.

Oh yeah Soul Harvest now restores 10 ult per kill while slotted on either bar.

Why is NB the only class getting the full "on either bar" treatment?
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It isn't. It is absolutely NB's overloaded skills. Literally no other class has the kind of burst NB has access to, which this is a massive buff to. This isn't ambiguous.

Have you looked at DK and Arcanist skills lately and you assume NB skills are loaded? NBs no longer have class based access to Major Berserk, that is more then a fair trade off.
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on January 29, 2024 8:07PM
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

Drain 4000 health for 2000mag/stam healing you 1250 per second while slotted on either bar.

Leeching Strikes (morph): This morph now increases the passive healing done to 1800 Health. Whenever the heal activates, it reduces the cost of your next Leeching Strikes cast by 10%, stacking up to 10 times. The cost reduction lasts until consumed, your character dies, or you rezone.

Why is NB the only class getting the full on either bar treatment? Yeah Arcanist says hi..
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure these buffs will encourage pve involvement. To me the class is just too clunky. Yeah, nb’s needs love, but I am not sure this will solve anything. Other classes like sorc are just more straightforward to play.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Have you looked at DK and Arcanist skills lately and you assume NB skills are loaded? NBs no longer have class based access to Major Berserk, that is more then a fair trade off.

An unnamed 20% damage buff is not "fair" on this or any planet. Come on.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would be more concerned with the changes to Necromancer, a class that was already struggling to make ends meat, the magic necromancer has just lost its main burst skill and now must use the stamina morph which you know uses stamina and does not fit the "Necromancer" theme cause the skill effects are green and not dark blue like they should be.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Foxtrot39 wrote: »
    still waiting the day ZoS gonna remember NB still has a dead useless ult we've all asked to be reworked since it got totaly gutted whe nElsweyr droped rather than change those who doesn't need it

Syphonning strike change also gonna hurt NB tank if your sustain skill instantly drain 4k hp on cast
    Syphoning Strikes is something that they will either change drastically during PTS, or they will change it again & again in future patches. And the reason being is that at 1st glance, it seems to have same problem as "Malevolent Offering" had when they 1st re-vampend this skill. Players were able to literally "kill themselves" by rapidly spamming it, so obviously it was used in a ways it was not intended to (like fast teleport back to base in Cyro, or). Basically it was "on demand" self kill that could have been used strategically.

As for the NB's Shadow ulti, I agree. It is the only thing in the entire NB tool kit that should be addressed. The rest it fine and I really understand that some one out there was tasked with it and put a lot of effort into it.... but it kinda feels like a wasted dev time that could have been used better.
  • silentxthreat
    silentxthreat
    ✭✭✭
    more buffs for nightblades that carry over to pvp too much. They are already gods in pvp with some of the best defense offense and heals in the game. They seem to be the only class getting buffs form their skills on either bar when sorcs have needed it for years with a pet only being needed on one bar....

Instead of buffing damage for nightblades in the form of trying to make incap work better buff their skills like swallow soul and nerf the burst of grim focus and incap. the class needs help doing overall damage not burst damage and this would effect pvp less
  • ArctosCethlenn
    ArctosCethlenn
    ✭✭✭

Concealed weapon's bonus now only applies to concealed weapon, it's a good hit to nightblades because they won't have free major berserk buffing incap/bow/everything
  • Foxtrot39
    Foxtrot39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also the unamed damage buff only applies to the skill itself now not to all your damage if I read correctly

This morph now deals 10% increased damage at all times and deals an additional 10% damage for 15 seconds after leaving Stealth or Invisibility, rather than granting Major Berserk.
    Edited by Foxtrot39 on January 29, 2024 8:21PM
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Concealed weapon's bonus now only applies to concealed weapon, it's a good hit to nightblades because they won't have free major berserk buffing incap/bow/everything

As I said more then a fair trade off for the loss of Major Berserk, I feel people just do not do a proper read of the notes, there are some skill changes like the one to Siphoning Strikes that look rather promising.
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on January 29, 2024 8:22PM
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    more buffs for nightblades that carry over to pvp too much. They are already gods in pvp with some of the best defense offense and heals in the game.

This.

The leeching strike change, 1800 heal per second, 8% reaving blows CP, 20% pale order, and I bet I can skip slotting a heal completely in pvp.

Why is NB the only class getting the full on either bar treatment? Yeah Arcanist says hi..

I think NB has more on either bar skills than Arcanist now, and they are definitely better.

• acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

As I said more then a fair trade off for the loss of Major Berserk, I feel people just do not do a proper read of the notes.

I read it, I am aware, it isn't. A small nerf to Spec bow (indirectly, on paper, by removing berserk) is not comparable to a massive buff to Surprise Attack. This is overall, a significant buff to NB's gank.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Remember, they had two....the mark skill still has it.
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They took Major Berserk off concealed weapon so now the skill only buffs itself (instead of the whole kit). That's an overall loss in damage. The only reason to run concealed over surprise attack next patch is the minor expedition, especially with the buff to the sundered effect.

They're probably going to tie a reduced healing when cast condition to the siphoning/leeching strikes active since that's the precedent for skills that cost health. It'll end up as a net reduction to sustain and healing by the time it hits live. It was also super clutch when it would expire and return stamina while CC'd

The incap change costs free sustain for a tiny bit more damage. I'd rather have the free sustain so I can push damage harder.

The changes so far lower the ceiling for Mag biased builds, and raise the floor for hybrids that use their stam which means you'll probably see more surprise attacks and less concealed weapons on recap, which also means you'll see less NB's with constant minor expedition.

• ArctosCethlenn
    ArctosCethlenn
    ✭✭✭

sure but that's tied to a marked target dying, rather than something the nightblade is going to have active 24/7.
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can’t wait for Nightblades to be running Sea Serpent’s Coil again. /s
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They're probably going to tie a reduced healing when cast condition to the siphoning/leeching strikes active since that's the precedent for skills that cost health. It'll end up as a net reduction to sustain and healing by the time it hits live. It was also super clutch when it would expire and return stamina while CC'd

If I am reading it right leaching strikes is a passive 1250/1800 heal per second from being slotted. You don't need to cast the skill. There are no conditions other than damage and no wasted GCD buffing like crit surge.

I don't need the sustain at all, but I'd slot the skill on my back bar just for the passive healing.

• Pepegrillos
    Pepegrillos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The siphon dev comment is one of the best comedy acts I've ever seen.
  • Gamerscape2007
    Gamerscape2007
    ✭✭✭✭

As I said more then a fair trade off for the loss of Major Berserk, I feel people just do not do a proper read of the notes, there are some skill changes like the one to Siphoning Strikes that look rather promising.

Notice how you conveniently forget to mention that Nightblade can just as easily get another source of major berserk, buffing them even further than usual. How can anyone defend how grossly op Nightblade are is beyond me.

Oh man, scribbing is going to be an interesting period for Eso lmao. You know the class favortism is going to give nightblade the good stuff lmao
    Edited by Gamerscape2007 on January 30, 2024 4:40AM
  • Trejgon
    Trejgon
    ✭✭✭✭

Arcanist with it's whole one ability that provides bonus while present on either bar. In the patch that gave any of that tech to classes outside of arcanist, made NB and sorc have double the amount arcanist has. Kinda ironic that the class that spearheaded the tech has least non-zero count of skills actually using that tech.....

Unless everyone is misreading you there and you did not intend to imply that arcanist is getting full on either bar treatment, but the same irony I have just noted. Then fair.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was so pumped to read non pet sorc changes as they were highlighted in the notes only to be left feeling kind of disappointed once I read through the NB changes.

A skill that passively heals for dealing any type of damage for 1800 once a second, every 10 seconds the 1 drawback of it's 4k health cost on cast is removed to restore 2k stam and 2k magicka..instantly.

So not only does Sorc have a copy/pasted, worse version of Grim Focus, but now they've copy/pasted Crit Surge and Dark Exchange into 1 skill they don't even need to cast or crit to get benefit from, but when they do cast it, it's only negative becomes free after 10s.. arguably freeish as a health cost without the 10s.

The only upside to Dark Deal/Crit Surge is we're getting minor berserk and/or minor force and Major Brutality/Sorcery...but oh wait.. NB gets Major Resolve passively, Major Prophecy/Savagery passively, Minor Expedition passively, and Soul Harvest passively now.

Thanks for trading our 8% hp to 10% mag/stam I guess. Can't wait to boost my 22k stam pool to 24k... no wait, I need to invest more health now to breach the 30k hp, but now I don't have the multiplier from before so it's harder.

Never mind, net gain = 0. I feel personally attacked as a sorc main lol.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Isn’t it 20% more damage boost to just concealed weapon now? It’s probably going to be harder to parse as much without major berserk,

not to mention aoe damage also dropped from nonexistent to nonexistent-10%
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nightblades are not getting a new unnamed 20% damage buff, they are are losing Major Berserk and Concealed Weapon is getting a buff to its own damage only.
    Concealed Weapon (morph):

This morph now deals 10% increased damage at all times and deals an additional 10% damage for 15 seconds after leaving Stealth or Invisibility, rather than granting Major Berserk.

The "additional 10% damage" is phrased as for "this morph", not "you deal 10% more damage". The "10% increased damage" is also only for the skill.

So the base damage of Concealed Weapon is going up, and it gets a conditional buff for itself only. That's how it's written, at least.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are turning nightblade to a class with no drawbacks. They cover last remaining downsides of the class. Starting with U41 nightblade will have literally zero drawbacks. It will have all things that regular setups have plus stealth and evasivness on top of it.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I main a nb and a sorc (moreso nb these days) and I feel the concealed weapon change was very unwarranted and will be OP. The leeching/siph strikes change is also too strong, i mean the heal is fine for passive healing, but the sustain on active cast is way, way too strong.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

sure but that's tied to a marked target dying, rather than something the nightblade is going to have active 24/7.

It is up a LOT for me, really depends on if I even bother to cast the skill or if the target will get melted with LA/Crushing -> Merciless. But yeah I have the spare skill slots and actually use it.

Either way, NB had TWO sources of major berserk, now it still has one, if you choose to use it. A lot of classes done have it at all.