Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Perfected gear from normal maelstrom arena

• Irhak
    Irhak
    ✭✭
    Yeah, saw the link... it was about a year before I started playing (started on Deadlands).
  • Heinrikr
    Heinrikr
    Soul Shriven
    I would really like an clear official statement from community managers on whether running a nMA and looting possible perfected weapons is ok in this event or could it lead to account suspension or something like that. I'm still missing a few arena weapons and was planning on picking up some during this event, but now I don't know if I'll dare run normal arena at all. Thanks in advance.
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irhak wrote: »
    Dimorphos wrote: »
    It really ruins the game if everyone can get bis gear with minimum effort. It is not fair to those who put all the effort in the past to be able to beat the harder content to gain better loot.

In that case IC or Morrowing being free now is also unfair for those who paid for it back in the day?

Two completly different things. Even without IC and Morrowind being free You could still get everything there is from them (except warden class) with ESO+ free trial and to get said everything You would've to actively engage in proper types of content. Here You engage in content that is not intended to drop certain items to get said items.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can we have a statement from someone at zos regarding this? I would want to farm some gear for the stickerbook but for now im unsure if its safe for my account to do so.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We absolutely need dev/moderator feedback on this, sooner rather than later. I recently returned to the game after quitting on console four years back, and am essentially starting over from scratch on PC. I need to complete my sets for MA, and was planning on using this event to do so, as I don’t always have ESO plus. I quite literally purchased ESO+ for the purposes of participating in this event (before they announced the free trial, oof), and now I don’t even know if I can run the content I purchased without getting banned. :|
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we have a statement from someone at zos regarding this? I would want to farm some gear for the stickerbook but for now im unsure if its safe for my account to do so.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

Meanwhile, the event timer ticks on, and people are afraid to engage in it. Normally the 'ignore it until it goes away' strategy is effective, but there's literally a countdown going on, and people are losing event days while the issue remains in limbo.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom you were very helpful last time there was a bug that could've been seen as an exploit(seals of endeavor being rewarded multiple times), is there any way you could find out for us if farming normal Maelstrom whilst these weapons are still dropping is going to be an issue for us?
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Photosniper89
    Photosniper89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1kex7b9fm4a8.png
  • Jordan_Black
    Jordan_Black
    ✭✭✭
    1kex7b9fm4a8.png

Where is this quote please? So we can see it from the actual account?
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1kex7b9fm4a8.png

So, for context, because I don't want people to act on this quote without the proper knowledge: this quote comes from the German ESO forums, however was NOT directly from a moderator on the forums. It is a quote of something said in a live stream, apparently, by Kai_Schober, but there is no direct confirmation that it will actually be okay, other than someone saying they said it on Twitch.

Be careful with your accounts.

ETA: A link to the thread in question, where people are just as confused as we are. The quote has been translated to English in the screenshot, but actually comes from forum user Sturmfaenger, not from Kai_Schober themselves. (Although they do say they heard Kai say it on Twitch)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/650543/perfekte-waffen-in-ma-auf-normal-versehen-oder-absicht#latest
    Edited by ArchangelIsraphel on January 19, 2024 4:30PM
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll still be doing one Maelstrom run per day because it is part of the event, so if that nets me a few extra Perfected weapons, so be it.

At this point, because most people have also been doing Maelstrom as part of the event, sometimes multiple times per day, it would be impractical to think that any disciplinary action would result. They are not going to begin ESO's 10th anniversary with a mass-ban.

The only result seems to just be a purple Perfected weapon, it might be a different issue entirely if it also resulted in Flawless Conqueror.

It's a funny bug, and it might get fixed, but as some others have noted the Perfected weapons only add some crit, it's not game breaking.
    I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
  • DeathStalker
    DeathStalker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1kex7b9fm4a8.png

So, for context, because I don't want people to act on this quote without the proper knowledge: this quote comes from the German ESO forums, however was NOT directly from a moderator on the forums. It is a quote of something said in a live stream, apparently, by Kai_Schober, but there is no direct confirmation that it will actually be okay, other than someone saying they said it on Twitch.

ETA: A link to the thread in question, where people are just as confused as we are. The quote has been translated to English in the screenshot, but actually comes from forum user Sturmfaenger, not from Kai_Schober themselves. (Although they do say they heard Kai say it on Twitch)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/650543/perfekte-waffen-in-ma-auf-normal-versehen-oder-absicht#latest

Here is a link to the stream where it was said. time stamp 4:53:51
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2036229574?t=04h53m51s
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1kex7b9fm4a8.png

Thanks for finding that, was just digging around twitch myself to see if I could find it!

Personally, I'm still going to ere on the side of caution. After the whole seals of endeavor incident, I'm not going to knowingly participate in a glitch unless we get a more clear "ok" on the forums themselves.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • DeathStalker
    DeathStalker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1kex7b9fm4a8.png

Thanks for finding that, was just digging around twitch myself to see if I could find it!

Personally, I'm still going to ere on the side of caution. After the whole seals of endeavor incident, I'm not going to knowingly participate in a glitch unless we get a more clear "ok" on the forums themselves.

There is a thread on reddit about this same topic I have been following. I stole it from there
  • MoTa
    MoTa
    ✭✭
    Here is another link from today's stream from Bethesda_DE.

Timestamp: 1:09:00
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2037097923?t=1h9m0s

Translation:
    "Angeldust, your question 'Is the Maelstrom Arena currently considered an exploit?'
    No, it is not. We know there's a problem with unintentionally getting the perfect weapon on Normal, but we don't hold that against you. That's our mistake. Of course, I don't want to encourage you all to go to the Maelstrom Arena, but unlike real exploits, where you can say I'm going to go there now (at this point he commented briefly on something in the video), there is a certain amount of effort involved in playing through it on normal and then having the chance to get a perfect weapon."
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1kex7b9fm4a8.png

@ZOS_Kevin and @ZOS_GinaBruno can we please get an official statement in English? Kai was able to respond promptly, would hope for the same from you guys. It's event related, so the timeliness is extra appreciated.
  • BerylBones
    BerylBones
    ✭✭✭
    Caught Rich in a twitch steam this morning and asked - he said there's a hotfix coming around 1pm EST (so, any minute, keep an eye out)
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BerylBones wrote: »
    Caught Rich in a twitch steam this morning and asked - he said there's a hotfix coming around 1pm EST (so, any minute, keep an eye out)

That’s information that should be relayed here.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It would have been nice to get an official word on this yesterday. Due to chronic hand issues I have been unable to finish vMA and get a perfected weapon for my build. I would have been able to run it a few times in normal if I had known it was not considered an exploit or a bannable offense.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone confirm if the hot fix has hit the game?
    DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)
  • Cruxanero
    Cruxanero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone confirm if the hot fix has hit the game?

I can't comment on Maelstrom, but I'm still getting gold IC coffers for each daily. If they intend to fix these together, they haven't yet.
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I completed a Maelstrom run about 15 minutes ago and got a Perfected weapon from it.

I won't be "testing" this any further but it's safe to say that until the hotfix is posted in the Patches forum it hasn't gone live yet.
    I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This really is ridiculous.

Players need to know if these will considered an exploit, and potentially cause them to be banned.

I would like to farm MA to benefit from the increased drops & fill my sticker book, but after being banned for doing writs in the wrong place last year I am really wary of doing anything that could be considered an exploit.

Same for increased gold box drops in IC

So @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Please let us know!
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO the reason they're not responding is they are waiting for the hotfix to already be in place as they don't want to more openly broadcast this bug until it's fixed.
  • Hlanu
    Hlanu
    ✭✭✭
    Hope that hotfix is rolling out soon enough. I need my daily Maelstrom runs to level weapon and skill lines. And filling the sticker book is nice too but not worth getting into trouble for. :/
    Hlanu - Redguard Arcanist
    Tahemet at-Hubalajad - Redguard Sorcerer

PC EU
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear @ZOS_Kevin
    Dear @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Dear @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS anyone!

The issue:
    Maelstrom Arena drops perfected weapon on normal difficulty, and as far as we can deduct, this is not intended.
    Maelstrom Arena is a significant part of the ongoing Guilds and Glory Event as it offers double drop and Golden reward coffer
    Completing Maelstrom Arena on normal difficulty constitutes a SERIOUS risk for players to be banned for exploiting.

after facing the bug i have submitted a bug report and opened a support ticket 240118-005866.
    i got completely unprofessional, most likely robotic reply "Item drops are based off of random loot tables.". Unacceptable.
    My account is five years old and very valueable for me, so i decided not to enter nMA before the Official clarification from ZOS
    and Zeni stays silent (tm)

Please clarify!
    PC EU
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not to edit the previous post. yes, i can do vMA, though it takes significantly more time.
    still, i decided no nMA, no vMA, just to keep away from troubles. This bug should not go live. why, QA?
    PC EU
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO the reason they're not responding is they are waiting for the hotfix to already be in place as they don't want to more openly broadcast this bug until it's fixed.

More openly broadcast than everyone talking about it in multiple zones? I spoke up once that players should have caution that it could be considered an exploit, but was emphatically told it was part of the event and double drops, etc.

I would have expected a quick official response on something like this or an immediate fix, even disabling the arena for a time for maintenance, if there was no other option than to allow something considered an exploit or potentially punish players acting in good faith.
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still working hard at improving that communication, I see.
  • Cruxanero
    Cruxanero
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Improved communication"

I get that they don't want to say anything until the hotfix is live, to not bring even more attention to this topic and officially encourage people to grind. But silence is not the answer here. It's supposed to be a fun event, but people are too afraid to engage in the content for more than a day now, both IC and MA.

At this point, the only good response would be: "It was not intended, but as we see you all so excited about it, we decided to keep it as an early 10 year anniversary gift."