Maintenance for the week of March 4:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 4
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 4, 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EST (23:00 UTC)

Floating hip flaps and croch flaps

r34lian
r34lian
✭✭✭✭✭
qa2d94fwx0y6.png

Trying to go with all Altmer fashion but this floating hip flaps on Syrabanic chest ruins it.
I wish we had option to hide hip and croch flaps.
or
Atleast they'd stop adding flaoting hip flaps in new motifs
Edited by r34lian on January 6, 2024 6:31AM
2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure how it works on the engine ESO uses so I could be wildly missing the mark here, however if this was the Creation engine which I am more familiar with that would involve:

- Creating a new skeleton with further attach points (possibly more than one? not sure if bestial races and humanoid races share skeleton).

Then

- Splitting the mesh.
    - Editing the textures.
    - Assigning attach points to the newly created split meshes.
    - Rigging the meshes to the new skeleton.
    - Adjusting the meshes and textures to minimise clipping/tearing etc.

For each and every single piece that has 'hip flaps' or 'crotch flaps'.

Then

- Developing the 'logic' (if is not built-in already) that allows showing/hiding these new meshes 'on the fly'.

Obviously these are game developers, they may have tools, knowledge and expertise that makes the process far less time consuming and 'trial and error' based than when modding but still, seems like a humongous undertaking given the plethora of styles currently in the game.

It would be nice don't get me wrong, I'd love it myself, but I just don't know how realistic a expectation it is.

Edited by ApoAlaia on January 4, 2024 10:27AM
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure it would be a lot of work but, I think, well worth it, if everything that attaches around the waist (books, potion cases, scrolls, flappers for hips/crotch/butt) was placed on belts instead of chests. That would allow ever so much flexibility and at least one of the belts doesn't even show up, effectively giving us a 'hide belts' option. That way, if you actually like flappers, you could simply choose the appropriate belt. I'd rather have that feature than any of the new DLC/Chapters. . . .
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure it would be a lot of work but, . . .

Problem is despite complains from player they still keep adding in new motifs.

2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    r34lian wrote: »
    I'm sure it would be a lot of work but, . . .

Problem is despite complains from player they still keep adding in new motifs.

Because it 'looks cool' in concept art. But what we get is super poly discounted, just enough quality texture version of it. Just like how there's 0 cape on any hero costume outfits.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on January 4, 2024 4:20PM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yea i dream for the options to hide loincloths and tassets
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, new thread old topic. I used to say, a long time ago, that this would most likely require a lot of work from the devs to remove the hip plates and crotch flaps from the game. For the plates, it's simple since they're not attached to the geometry of the clothing, but the flaps are so that would take a significant amount of time considering how many there were. I used to say that.

Before the hide shoulders option existed as an option, there was a PTS a few years ago, sometime around Elsweyr... Where hide hip plates and flaps were an option. It was there for a week in the menu, not something we could interact with but we could see it, and then the next week, it was gone. No word from Zos about it, like it was a dream. So like the hide shoulder option, which existed in the game outside the reach of the players for nearly 10 years, these options also exist and it's baffling to me that they haven't released them yet.
    Edited by merpins on January 4, 2024 4:24PM
  • CrazyKitty
    CrazyKitty
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shields "float" too, they don't contact the arm holding them.
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While I don't generally mind the loincloth, I hate most tassets and would love to hide them. They look bad in most cases and are particularly horrible for the jerkin (cloth armor).
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • gariondavey
      gariondavey
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      merpins wrote: »
      Okay, new thread old topic. I used to say, a long time ago, that this would most likely require a lot of work from the devs to remove the hip plates and crotch flaps from the game. For the plates, it's simple since they're not attached to the geometry of the clothing, but the flaps are so that would take a significant amount of time considering how many there were. I used to say that.

Before the hide shoulders option existed as an option, there was a PTS a few years ago, sometime around Elsweyr... Where hide hip plates and flaps were an option. It was there for a week in the menu, not something we could interact with but we could see it, and then the next week, it was gone. No word from Zos about it, like it was a dream. So like the hide shoulder option, which existed in the game outside the reach of the players for nearly 10 years, these options also exist and it's baffling to me that they haven't released them yet.

The irony is that if they just put this option (which already exists on their end) in the crown store they could rake in the dough.
      PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
    • tomofhyrule
      tomofhyrule
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

Out of curiosity...

If it existed for all of one week on PTS, and was not interactable at the time, how are you so sure that it would have worked had it been interactable?

Isn't it possible that it was there because it was planned, then ended up not working as intended so they dummied it back out? To me, it seems more plausible that something we've only seen text of, but never actually seen in action, may not have done what it says.

The only, only, evidence we have of a 'remove flaps' actually working in game is the fact that Argonians/Khajiit will not render butt flaps on any models for obvious reasons. We can therefore assume that the butt flap at least is able to be enabled/disabled at will. We have not had any evidence that hiding tassets or front flaps have ever worked. We also know from datamining that the flaps are rendered as separate models, but we do not know if the models of the chest plates have them included as a 'render all at once' thing or if it is programmed as a hideable unit. If it isn't, then they would need to go back and reprogram every motif to be able to do that, which is... a lot.
    • shadyjane62
      shadyjane62
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I wear Assassins League. It has very tiny hips and a round collar for shoulders. In Legate Black and Gold it gets a lot of compliments. I liked it because it had a knee length skirt.
    • Elsonso
      Elsonso
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ApoAlaia wrote: »
      I'm not sure how it works on the engine ESO uses so I could be wildly missing the mark here, however if this was the Creation engine which I am more familiar with that would involve:

- Creating a new skeleton with further attach points (possibly more than one? not sure if bestial races and humanoid races share skeleton).

Then

- Splitting the mesh.
      - Editing the textures.
      - Assigning attach points to the newly created split meshes.
      - Rigging the meshes to the new skeleton.
      - Adjusting the meshes and textures to minimise clipping/tearing etc.

For each and every single piece that has 'hip flaps' or 'crotch flaps'.

Then

- Developing the 'logic' (if is not built-in already) that allows showing/hiding these new meshes 'on the fly'.

Obviously these are game developers, they may have tools, knowledge and expertise that makes the process far less time consuming and 'trial and error' based than when modding but still, seems like a humongous undertaking given the plethora of styles currently in the game.

It would be nice don't get me wrong, I'd love it myself, but I just don't know how realistic a expectation it is.

Don't forget animating all of that, again.
      PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
      XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
      X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    • Cooperharley
      Cooperharley
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yea this needs to be done along with updating several textures and styles throughout the game. Modern styles are so cool, high numbers of pixels, etc and then you look at base game race styles, and it feels like you’re looking at Morrowind graphics :)
    • SilverBride
      SilverBride
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      We've been asking to remove the hip flaps since launch 10 years ago. I'd say maybe we should just give up but we finally got hide shoulders so there is still hope.
      Edited by SilverBride on January 4, 2024 6:35PM
      PCNA
    • ApoAlaia
      ApoAlaia
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

I cannot comment regarding the PTS appearance of the coveted option because I had no awareness of it until now.

However when it comes to hiding the shoulder piece, although they have probably implemented it much more gracefully, if one wanted a quick and dirty way to implement such feature one would only need to create a new shoulder item that is a null, untextured mesh.

In essence one wouldn't be 'hiding' anything, just equipping an 'empty' item on the slot.

However they have implemented it this is significantly less work than what I understand would be required to deliver what we are asking for in this thread.

Edited by ApoAlaia on January 4, 2024 7:16PM
    • Billium813
      Billium813
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It annoys me how front flaps on greaves lay rather... erect... when my character is seated. I'd be nice if they could lay more down on the legs and not be so starched.

ptjur2ow6v7l.gif
      Y'ffre's Will Greaves

uckf3ivc1udb.gif
      High Elf Guards 4
    • Azphira
      Azphira
      ✭✭✭
      The amount of crotch flaps, I ponder if Zos provides aprons to all of their employees.
    • Celldweller
      Celldweller
      ✭✭
      I also hate them and wish we could hide them. I struggle to find outfits I like because either a chest piece I like has one of them dangling or the legs look like a skirt.
    • r34lian
      r34lian
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Atleast they'd stop adding it on new motif considering complains. But that doesnt seem to be the case
    • SilverBride
      SilverBride
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I really don't understand why they keep making the hip flaps. I can't believe that anyone actually finds them pleasant to look at and it's been clear from the start that players do not like them.
      PCNA
    • Elsonso
      Elsonso
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I really don't understand why they keep making the hip flaps. I can't believe that anyone actually finds them pleasant to look at and it's been clear from the start that players do not like them.

It seems to be a style thing for ESO.

I actually don't mind* them.

* They have been there for so long that I no longer care that they are there.
      Edited by Elsonso on January 5, 2024 4:54PM
    • SilverBride
      SilverBride
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I care because it greatly limits my choices for outfits I find appealing. I can't use the majority of styles because I just cannot stand to see these things floating a foot from my body. Logically cloth and leather armor would never have these, just heavy.
      PCNA
    • zaria
      zaria
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Now interesting Khajiit and Argonians has no rear flaps, smart as it would clip badly with their tails but it point to at least the back flaps can be turned on and off.
      Grinding just make you go in circles.
      Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    • Wildberryjack
      Wildberryjack
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      These ruin a lot of good outfits. If they at least hugged the hips it wouldn't be so bad but when you can see air between them and your characters hips AND they clip into your hands and weapons it really looks horrible.
      The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
    • SilverBride
      SilverBride
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      If they haven't been fixed from floating and clipping after 10 years then maybe the best option is to just remove them.
      PCNA
    • Pixiepumpkin
      Pixiepumpkin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yea this needs to be done along with updating several textures and styles throughout the game. Modern styles are so cool, high numbers of pixels, etc and then you look at base game race styles, and it feels like you’re looking at Morrowind graphics :)

Agreed. The base game graphics do not hold up at all, not at least with city, outfit and furniture textures.

The world looks ok, kinda plain, but ok. Its the outfits/armor, furniture and house/city textures that drive me crazy.
      "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
      PC/NA
    • Elsonso
      Elsonso
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      zaria wrote: »
      Now interesting Khajiit and Argonians has no rear flaps, smart as it would clip badly with their tails but it point to at least the back flaps can be turned on and off.

If I had to guess, I would suggest that they aren't turned off. Instead, they simply are not there in the first place. No rule says that the outfits are the same asset across all character models.
    • Feljax
      Feljax
      ✭✭✭
      Adding my voice to this like I do every thread I see that would add more "hide" options. Please, please, PLEASE add this, ZOS!
    • MidniteOwl1913
      MidniteOwl1913
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I hate the hip flaps so much I can't stand to use any outfit that has them. Which is a real shame because it is very limiting and I like to change up my outfits regularly.

PS5/NA
    • ArchMikem
      ArchMikem
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Ohhh, the number of threads that have been made about this.

None of us even understand why the Art Team continues to include them in new Styles when they ALWAYS have an issue with floating off the Hip and or clip with Weapons.
      CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
      Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!