Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 26

ToT: are you interested in new decks?

Muizer
Muizer
✭✭✭✭✭
By 'interested' I mean interested in collecting them and learning to use them in the game

P.S. apparently not allowed to post a poll in the ToT section, so putting it here.
Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!

ToT: are you interested in new decks? 208 votes

Yes, I can't wait for the next one
7%
SheridankmfdmMartofizl101TheImperfectTornaadLukosCreydenCatagamiNecrotech_MasterOgrimTitanalternatelderLunaFloraMasteroshi430maxxiestackhousegvgisdi 15 votes
Yes, I can just about keep up
2%
MaddjujuDragonRacerspartaxoxotsaescishoeshinerDarthCuddlefluffYffresTrill 6 votes
Yes, but I'm falling behind
8%
p_tsakirisb16_ESOMuizerSirona_StarrMaitsukasSheepzySeaGtGrufffall0athboyVeryamedlielTercesfezarelNeuroticPixelsAedricPreyCazadorVaqualLouisaB75ZhuJiuyinCookieMeowster 17 votes
No, I was, but have given up
16%
wenchmore420b14_ESORhezblodMorimizoGwythyrDorianDragonRazeaetherial_heavennTyharUfretinold_scopie1945carthalisEl_BorrachoJessieGoesBoomKazi92katanagirl1EzhhBuffy121dinokstrunzdavidtkLugalduJoarik 34 votes
No, I never was
65%
laurajfKikazaruacastanza_ESOCaligamy_ESOSuddwrathBelegnoleKesstrylDarcyMardinKendaricAelorinnpukrsciwApoAlaiaAlienSlofZenodilflizomicakojouTreselegantElsonsoLonestryder 136 votes
  • dcrush
    dcrush
    ✭✭✭✭
    I played ToT for achievement rewards like the house guests and when I got those I stopped. Not interesting enough to spend more time on than necessary to get what I wanted.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, I never was
    I own the chapter with this feature since it's release, and I still haven't done an intro quest :D If I could choose precisely every card (from my collection) for my matches, I would definitely participate and be interested in collecting more cards :)

But I remember reading (back then on PTS for the chapter) that cards which player has are randomly distributed between him and an adversary. I don't want RNG to decide which cards I can use in the match, let alone share them with my opponent :|

I used to play ES Legends, and it was rather interesting. But RNG deciding which cards I have in the match was not fun, so I abandoned that game eventually.
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I never was
    I can appreciate that some people enjoy it - but this has to be my least favorite feature in ESO and it’s still wild to me that it was shipped as a main feature for a chapter.

I’m an achievement junky and absolutely dread the thought of having to knock out a bunch of the ToT achievements.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I never was
    I have never played the game.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I can just about keep up
    I'm conflicted about this, because I find Almalexia is so control-based that the IDEA of playing a match with it makes me want to play less. I'm sure some people love it. Most card gamed have control archetypes that are divisive like this.

I find druids very chaotic and potentially explosive, and avoid them for the same reason lol. But it's designed to fit in with the pre-existing decks pretty well.

So it depends on whether I like the upcoming deck—whether the mechanic is cool or fun.

I wouldn't mind if they found another way to spice the game up, like special double reward weekends where the tavern has a new mechanic, or everything is half off or Writs of Coin gave an extra gold but cleared cards from the tavern.

Also, board cosmetics and cardbacks and stuff would be cool to earn instead of new decks.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yea!
    i Love that Tribute gets new decks every other update :3
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i like having the variety
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Brakkish
    Brakkish
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, I never was
    I've never played the game.
    I might have at least tried it if I didn't have to expend some energy doing the quest to unlock.
    CP2332 +3100 hrs spent in BGs. US PS5 - Nine PVP Tanks - toons named variations of "Combat Medic" I like long walks on the beach. What's PVE? https://www.youtube.com/brakkish
  • Veryamedliel
    Veryamedliel
    ✭✭✭
    I liked ToT for a while. Got all decks but the current one because I don't like the mechanics of this deck or the way to obtain it. So I'm "falling behind" as the poll answer goes, as well as slowly losing interest in it. Maybe it's because I don't like how this deck works, maybe I'm just tired of it. Guess we'll find out when the next deck comes out.

-still kinda hoping for a separate mobile ToT game (with linking features to ESO of course) for but I'm not holding my breath after all this time-
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I liked ToT for a while. Got all decks but the current one because I don't like the mechanics of this deck or the way to obtain it. So I'm "falling behind" as the poll answer goes, as well as slowly losing interest in it. Maybe it's because I don't like how this deck works, maybe I'm just tired of it. Guess we'll find out when the next deck comes out.

-still kinda hoping for a separate mobile ToT game (with linking features to ESO of course) for but I'm not holding my breath after all this time-

to be honest i dont like the mora deck either, i got it because i am a completionist lol

usually for npc matches i do rahjin and either hlaalu or reach (the reach deck is OP against npcs again because they excessively remove cards from their own deck lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like TOT, but those 2 decks are rough to deal with. Almalexia has bugs where you can't get rid of an opponent's agents, especially the agents that confine your cards. Even when working well, that deck can turn into a nightmare, especially when paired with Red Eagle. It gives too much control over your deck when you luck into the right cards early, then there are the agents that give power/prestige on discard. Celarus was fine for the purpose of moving cards around, but it was still somewhat random. Almalexia allows you to choose the card you want when you want it.

Hermaeus Mora is just not fun. Cards like Unsettling Aura and Chromatic Reservoir are so OP that the "Setback" that is supposed to counter the potential 11/12 power is a joke. And its not a contract action. And its only 6 coins. Or Lantern of the Endless, 4 coins to get a potential 6 power on a 3 card combo and your opponent gets 2 coins. If you ran into all 3 of these cards on one turn, the game is effectively over. But hey, you get 2 cards and some coins coming your way to counter it!

Its like they looked at Orgnum and said, "How can we make this game more frustrating?"
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The later decks seem to be more complex and with each added deck the potential interactions between are multiplied.I've been trying to unlock and learn decks as they are released but now I'm falling behind. I can imagine new players won't even bother catching up, even if they'd be interested in the game. Personally I think ZoS should drastically lower the rate with which they add new decks. One per year maybe.
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like trying new decks and trying to learn the cards and it keeps matches varied and more fun as more card decks means a lot more combinations of 4 decks. I also like the art on the cards.
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muizer wrote: »
    The later decks seem to be more complex and with each added deck the potential interactions between are multiplied.I've been trying to unlock and learn decks as they are released but now I'm falling behind. I can imagine new players won't even bother catching up, even if they'd be interested in the game. Personally I think ZoS should drastically lower the rate with which they add new decks. One per year maybe.

This is a really good point... and relatedly, the (already minimally helpful) tutorial I'm sure has never been updated to keep up with newer decks. Seems like it could be quite overwhelming for a new player to pick up ToT now, compared to when it was first released. I'm happy people enjoy it and I don't want to suggest anything that might ruin it for them, since I'm not going to get back into it anyway. (Previous suggestions I made about speeding the game up for casual players who just want a simple game to kill a little time... were not well-received).

But it just feels too complex and time-consuming for most people who are playing ESO to... play ESO.
    Edited by valenwood_vegan on November 30, 2023 10:57PM
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, I never was
    I'm not but I guess that I'd like to see them still release them for those who do like it.
  • Trundik
    Trundik
    ✭✭✭
    No right option in poll for me

I'm not interested in Hermius mora, actually I'm interested to play versus. So if my opponent will get not upgraded cards, it is better for me :D Have some clues for that deck in my inventory, but i won't use them intentionally.
    Edited by Trundik on December 1, 2023 2:43AM
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I never was
    this seemed so tone deaf to introduce when long standing bugs that impact basic gameplay persisted and continue
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I never was
    Don't play ToT, was never interested.
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love ToT and love playing with each patron's deck, but so far the only one I've collected is Red Eagle. That's only because I'm playing my way very leisurely through the chapters and DLCs. On PC NA I'm still only partway through High Isle, and on PC EU I'm only done through the Craglorn storyline. But I love playing against the Expert NPCs and having them choose the newer decks that I haven't collected yet.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!