Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Things keep getting added to the game that really don't interest me much

• AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's plenty in ESO I don't enjoy but even more that I do enjoy.

To OP's point though, I confess little interest in some of the newer features (Endless Archive, Tales of Tribute, the whole Necrom Chapter), silly mounts that explode or fart flames.

I did like the zones of High Isles, Galen and Blackwood - and was encouraged when I believed the game was going back to the beauty of the older classic medieval or at least natural zones. Was not happy to see the Deadlands or Apocrypha.

Love having a companion, and loads of fashion flexibility that the game provides. And since I've been playing a long time, I enjoy that there is a wide variety of repeatable daily quests.

Regarding combat, basically if I can't solo it I ignore it. My particular 'end game' is soloing most non-DLC WBs and many of the non-DLC group dungeons (on normal). Although there is much combat beyond my interest, I'm pleased with the pretty good selection of challenges that hit the sweet spot for me. That is, I find the game pretty solo friendly.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO had much better performance and was a heck of a lot more fun without housing, companions, ToT, scrying/excavating and everything else that takes away from the core mechanics of the game and chews up server resources unnecessarily.

Sure, and if my Grandma had wheels should be a bike. Games need new content and systems to thrive. Otherwise they stagnate.

So you think people should have wheels added to them as they age so they don't stagnate?
  • YetAnotherLinuxUser
    YetAnotherLinuxUser
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO had much better performance and was a heck of a lot more fun without housing, companions, ToT, scrying/excavating and everything else that takes away from the core mechanics of the game and chews up server resources unnecessarily.

Sure, and if my Grandma had wheels should be a bike. Games need new content and systems to thrive. Otherwise they stagnate.

So you think people should have wheels added to them as they age so they don't stagnate?

these would be high on my list of acceptable devices except the cables wear out after 1-2k kilometers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doKhd8kE0Ow
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO has so many different things to choose to do and if none of them give you enjoyment, or no longer give you enjoyment, maybe it's time to find another game.

Started playing in 2015 and still find enough things to keep me playing.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm a beta player that cannot gift crowns.

I also don't care.

I DO find the constant asking in some zone chats annoying but I can just ignore it. I'm more annoyed at the guild adverts that take up more than my entire chat window.

Endless archive I kinda feel fun. It's like choreghast, but better(wow players will recognize this term).

Scrying is annoying, I don't *get* it, but I understand others like it so I just ignore it mostly. It's really no big deal.

This is like me, a pve only player, asking for pvp development to stop because I detest pvp. Get real lol.
  • TweFoju
    TweFoju
    The thing is with ESO, you really don't have to do everything the game is throwing at you, just an example is some of the seasonal evens that are mostly the same year after year, the key word is just don't be too obsessed into thinking that you need to complete everything in the game, it will definitely make you quit faster.

I have played ESO since day 1, even after all these years, believe me, there are TONS of things that i haven't even touch yet in the game, i just do what i see and what i feel like doing anywhere in the world, if there's an interesting events or feature that i like, i will give it a go, but i will skip if i feel its not to my liking.
  • Toxic_Hemlock
    Toxic_Hemlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SNIP...
    Regarding combat, basically if I can't solo it I ignore it. My particular 'end game' is soloing most non-DLC WBs and many of the non-DLC group dungeons (on normal). Although there is much combat beyond my interest, I'm pleased with the pretty good selection of challenges that hit the sweet spot for me. That is, I find the game pretty solo friendly.

Get out of my head. 😃

I feel the exact same way. Anything that requires me to stand on one foot while whistling a tune and juggling 6 balls for a combat "experience", is not what I call fun and I skip it too.
  • YetAnotherLinuxUser
    YetAnotherLinuxUser
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »

This is like me, a pve only player, asking for pvp development to stop because I detest pvp. Get real lol.

who ask development to stop? not in the op anywhere is that assertion made. if it is there, please quote it?

• LannStone
    LannStone
    ✭✭✭✭
    LannStone wrote: »
    I don't understand those who say they hate the arcanist because the animations fill up their screen.
    Is that from playing zoomed in too close? Or maybe in group events in small quarters?
    I play solo zoomed out and the arcanist animations are hardly noticeable on a small portion of the screen.
    I've come to consider arcanist my favorite class (PVE only) simply because I find it the most efficient - quickest damage with the least amount of clicks.

the game offers 1st person and 3rd person views. As such zos is obligated to make their game suitable for both. Lots of people cant play 1st person or even watch it as for some it can induce a seizure. If you're not aong that group, you're in the majority. Give 1st person a try and see how you like it. Arcanist animation bounces up and down across the who screen in a swirling motion that is both triggering on the one hand and disrupts the field of view on the other such that play is not possible. Other animations that occupy the screen are artic winds on warden the fill up the screen with a white swirl and the green glow from thokethorn monster set (though not as severe it's a huge block to field of view). ALso, when orbs came out it was a bright yellow glow across the screen as you could literally fill the entire field of view with multiple orbs until you ran out of magicka. They fixed orbs, whatever their claims as why. They can do the same with other animations.

"As such zos is obligated to make their game suitable for both."
    I gave first person a try the first day I installed the game. Found out quickly it was much easier to keep track of enemies with the wider third-person view and have always played that way since then, except when wanting to get a closer look at things. Yes, I can see where the animations would fill up the screen in first-person, but I wonder if there are enough people who fight in first person to make it worthwhile for ZOS to change the animations for first-person action.
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly when these things were announced they sounded meh to me, but I ended up enjoying most of them. Antiquities is super grindy at times, but I still do it. The card game is fun once in awhile. Companions are ok I guess. I always use mine as a healer but they aren't super necessary for my adventures. Arcanist I really was against bcus I myself struggle to have alts, but I now completely love mine. I think every year the features impress some and leave others with disappointment and that is normal. Not sure what I really would hope for next year specifically, but I'm sure I'll still be playing regardless.

Antiquities is easily the best new "system" they added.
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well since i perceive it as social control via a social credit score system, i'm opting to forgo the so called gifting process. the point isn't in the end how easy it is or isn't, which i doubt it is anyway. the point is i'd rather make do without than submit my deets to their social credit score system. I hope more people opt out of it but that's their choice after all. I dare not say more than that except to tell you to goole it and make up your own mind on social credit scoring systems.

Give it whatever labels you like, ZOS added filters to auto-approve crown gifting. Those who didn't meet those filters didn't get it *automatically* and need to take a couple minutes to file a ticket to get it turned on. On the multiple accounts I own, some got approved automatically, some didn't. But all of them ultimately got it after putting a ticket in. (within 1 day!).

They already have your "deets". They had to put this system in place to deter illegal/fraudulent activity. You haven't stated any opinion on this, but I'd have to assume you are against Credit Card theft / Money Laundering / etc? If so, do you have a better solution in mind than what has been implemented to fight it?

@Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • YetAnotherLinuxUser
    YetAnotherLinuxUser
    ✭✭✭✭
    hiyde wrote: »
    well since i perceive it as social control via a social credit score system, i'm opting to forgo the so called gifting process. the point isn't in the end how easy it is or isn't, which i doubt it is anyway. the point is i'd rather make do without than submit my deets to their social credit score system. I hope more people opt out of it but that's their choice after all. I dare not say more than that except to tell you to goole it and make up your own mind on social credit scoring systems.

Give it whatever labels you like, ZOS added filters to auto-approve crown gifting. Those who didn't meet those filters didn't get it *automatically* and need to take a couple minutes to file a ticket to get it turned on. On the multiple accounts I own, some got approved automatically, some didn't. But all of them ultimately got it after putting a ticket in. (within 1 day!).

They already have your "deets". They had to put this system in place to deter illegal/fraudulent activity. You haven't stated any opinion on this, but I'd have to assume you are against Credit Card theft / Money Laundering / etc? If so, do you have a better solution in mind than what has been implemented to fight it?

If they already have your deets as you say then there's no reason to apply. It's all about implementing their social credit scoring system. I will not sign up for that. Yod do well to Google such things and make up your own mind. As it is , if they have your info they should already know if you've committed fraud or not.
  • Anifaas
    Anifaas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not everything added to the game is for me either. But you know what? Life is like that. Everything can't suit you 100% of the time. And even when you do get what you want it is rarely the way you want it exactly.

I'm just glad that there are lots of things to do for lots of different kinds of people so they can play end-game however they want. There is no true end-game in ESO and there is no "true gamer" as some are trying to imply in here. We're all just individuals fighting our own battles our own way.

It is OK to take a break and play another game. I bounce around among No Man's Sky, Deep Rock Galactic, Elden Ring, WoW and ESO. It keeps things fresh. Variety is the spice of life, perhaps the OP needs more spice.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand those who say they hate the arcanist because the animations fill up their screen.
    Is that from playing zoomed in too close? Or maybe in group events in small quarters?
    I play solo zoomed out and the arcanist animations are hardly noticeable on a small portion of the screen.
    I've come to consider arcanist my favorite class (PVE only) simply because I find it the most efficient - quickest damage with the least amount of clicks.

the game offers 1st person and 3rd person views. As such zos is obligated to make their game suitable for both. Lots of people cant play 1st person or even watch it as for some it can induce a seizure. If you're not aong that group, you're in the majority. Give 1st person a try and see how you like it. Arcanist animation bounces up and down across the who screen in a swirling motion that is both triggering on the one hand and disrupts the field of view on the other such that play is not possible. Other animations that occupy the screen are artic winds on warden the fill up the screen with a white swirl and the green glow from thokethorn monster set (though not as severe it's a huge block to field of view). ALso, when orbs came out it was a bright yellow glow across the screen as you could literally fill the entire field of view with multiple orbs until you ran out of magicka. They fixed orbs, whatever their claims as why. They can do the same with other animations.

"As such zos is obligated to make their game suitable for both."
    I gave first person a try the first day I installed the game. Found out quickly it was much easier to keep track of enemies with the wider third-person view and have always played that way since then, except when wanting to get a closer look at things. Yes, I can see where the animations would fill up the screen in first-person, but I wonder if there are enough people who fight in first person to make it worthwhile for ZOS to change the animations for first-person action.

I use third person mostly but if doing questing I go first person and it is next level immersive. For combat though first person just doesnt let you see enough.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are "deets"?
    PCNA
  • Dithieon
    Dithieon
    ✭✭✭
    What are "deets"?

I believe it is slang for details,in this case the persons payment details
    "There is a beast in every man and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand" - Ser Jorah Mormont
  • YetAnotherLinuxUser
    YetAnotherLinuxUser
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dithieon wrote: »
    What are "deets"?

I believe it is slang for details,in this case the persons payment details

yes. they are. and they dont have mine because i have never given them to them, ie never attached it to my bethesda/eso account.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My only comment is that sometimes, things which seem like they won't be interesting, in fact are fun when you give them a try. I'm not clear if you have tried all the things you listed. Obviously some things are a visual preference/ aversion and in those cases I do not recommend trying them more. ;)

But usually with ESO I'll take a break for a bit, play something else, and then I'm more interested again.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Today's endeavors included three things that require other people. I don't group with people in ESO. Too toxic.

I don't understand why 3 out of 5 endeavors require other people.

This is another day I won't get one of the endeavors.
  • Ph1p
    Ph1p
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today's endeavors included three things that require other people. I don't group with people in ESO. Too toxic.

Exactly 1 endeavour requires a group, which is the "Complete a Trial" one. Killing a Patrolling Horror often involves other people, but doesn't require grouping, just like World Bosses or World Events. Killing 2 Cycle bosses in EA can be done solo as well and takes like 5 minutes.

So at most, 2 out of 5 Endeavours require other people, and the other 3 are extremely easy to get. Like most complaints about Endeavours, this is a non-issue.
  • OsUfi
    OsUfi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. ESO is not a toxic community, even if it can be frustrating sometimes.I'd even say despite my dislike of fake roles, ESO leans on the friendlier end of the scale.

2. 1 requires other people. The trial endeavor.

3. This is another day you choose not to get one endeavor.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm more concerned that Grandma already has handlebars and a saddle :open_mouth:

But to get back to the OP's concerns, kudos to for the marvellous, irrational hatred of musical boxes! ;)
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

**Complete 1 Trial** (15 Seals of Endeavor)
    **Craft 5 Items with the Provisioning skill** (15 Seals of Endeavor)
    **Defeat 1 Patrolling Horror in the Imperial City Districts** (15 Seals of Endeavor)
    **Defeat 2 Cycle bosses in the Endless Archive** (15 Seals of Endeavor)
    **Use Ultimate Abilities 4 Times** (15 Seals of Endeavor)

*Complete a maximum of 3*

They don't.

The trial does hard requires other players.

The patrolling horror is at least designed to be group content, but it is doable alone. But we'll treat that as needing 2 people as well, since that's the intended design.

Endless Archive has a solo leaderboard and everything. You don't even need to be able to clear the first arc to get it done. It's designed to be solo content (or duo) and does not require another player.

And ofc use an ult and craft provisioning items are required to be done alone.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on November 25, 2023 10:38AM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the very least we know we'll be getting a new dungeon dlc and chapter next year, assuming they don't adjust away again from this new content cadence. So, you might like those.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on November 25, 2023 10:50AM
  • araminta63
    I am also a solo player.

I don't do group dungeons that I can't solo.

I only do DLC WB's during events.

I don't PvP except during events. I don't battleground ever. I've never been in a trial.

But ToT is tons of fun. And more importantly it gives me regular transmog gems. (I can't remember the correct name right now) So on days when I'm bored of whatever I'm doing 'in game'... then I'll go play some cards.

Or I'll go hunt up antiquities... Oakensoul and Pale Order are great for soloing. Add in the motifs and the furniture and I find it worthwhile. Something I can do when I'm too err 'tired' to play ToT. But admittedly while I don't mind the process too much I don't particularly enjoy it. Those collect 20 antiquities weeks tend to put me to sleep.

I am disappointed about the Endless Archive. I thought it was going to be a solo thing. I don't know anyone in game well enough to want to spend hours and hours together figuring out boss mechanics. And I hate the zone spam to the point I've turned zone chat off again. Besides.. my /ignore list is full again from all the gold sellers with free accounts after ESO hit the Epic platform. (THAT is something I wouldn't mind them doing something about... zone chat... the game that shall not be named had separate channels for guild recruitment, sales and LFG. You could fine tune your Barrens chat.)

Not to be snarky but if the game isn't doing for you... go look around. There are lots of games out there. Some new ones, some old ones. Some that have been recently retooled. Some days I get bored but I'm not planning on switching. I hate the gear grind that exists in every other MMO. ESO has tons and tons of content... I have 18 level 50 characters... and almost 10K hours in game. I'd have alot more than 2K CP if I weren't an alt ***. And there are still entire zones I've never completed. They are on the list... I'll get to it after New Life maybe...