The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Templar animations are broken (Update 40)

• Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As of patch v9.2.8 (Dec 17th), this animation has not been fixed. But to be honest, nothing has been fixed in this patch. It's the holiday season, so I wouldn't expect any progress on this until well into January, assuming they even know this is an issue.
  • Spearblade
    Spearblade
    ✭✭✭
    Still broken.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrant_Tim wrote: »
    Yet Arcanists have a flood of animations, so I’m not quite sure that’s the reasoning.

They did say they had to find resources to even add the Arcanist to the game. So perhaps when they said 'find resources', they meant removing them from other classes.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nearing the beginning of 2024, why is Sun Shield still not animating properly?
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    More than a week into the New Year, everyone’s back at the office, I’m beginning to think Sun Shield’s lack of an animation is a “feature.”

They wonder why ESO+ subscribers are falling off, first the block bug, now skills go without animations for entire patches.
    Edited by Tyrant_Tim on January 9, 2024 4:16AM
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I had no idea that Radial Sweep and its morphs were also affected. I sincerely hope that this isn't a permanent change meant to optimize the game's performance by removing visual effects.

Gotta free up memory for those adorable last gen consoles.
    They're really struggling to keep up with the updates to the game.

Remember when the wings from the vampire scion were removed before released? But you could see it in early preview builds/gameplay? Yeah, it was for the same reason.

Probably for the same reason that the bloodstain VFX for when werewolves fed on corpses was removed... or more recently, for the same reason that the animation for changing Costumes was removed.

It was never mentioned why these visual effects and animations were removed, so it's anybody's guess why. I suppose it sounds reasonable that they might be removed to further optimize the experience for users on lower end hardware, but I'd hope that visual effects that don't need to be telegraphed to other players would still be available in the clientside graphics settings.

And vampire blood appearing on players after feeding on other players is gone. And some arcanist buffs appear as permanent rather than timed which causes other problems...
    I'm tired of these kinds of changes.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any word on getting Sun Shield animation added back into the game? Even though the counter shows it's active, with no animation it's tough to see if it's actually working.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • CrazyKitty
    CrazyKitty
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar animations were broken by ZOS with U35. ZOS changed the jabs animation to a night hollow stave and made the animation jerky around the hip instead of a straight forward jabbing motion like a spear is actually used. In addition, the jabs animation is supposed to be a spear of light just like all the other spear animations templars use.

Edited by CrazyKitty on January 14, 2024 6:01PM
  • Blencathra
    Blencathra
    ✭✭✭
    I don't use my templar much yet but I know someone who left the game because they felt that it had become unplayable due to this issue. Has it been fixed in Update 41 at all?
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blencathra wrote: »
    I don't use my templar much yet but I know someone who left the game because they felt that it had become unplayable due to this issue. Has it been fixed in Update 41 at all?

The Sun Shield animation is fixed with U41. It was left out of the patch notes.

There is no indication they consider Jabs/Sweeps to be broken, so I would not expect a change anytime soon.