The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Make weapons drop from all bosses after you do the dungeon once

Theignson
Theignson
✭✭✭✭✭
After you do a dungeon once (or some defined number) weapons should drop from all bosses.

The current event, getting 2 weapons on the final bosses, highlights the problem rather than solves it, since you realize you still need to do the dungeon 15-20 times . Most dungeons have 3 sets. Usually two of them are useless. To make a build, you often need a weapon. But after 4-5 runs, you have all the armor pieces. But that leaves ~ 36 weapons AND THEY ONLY DROP FROM THE LAST BOSS. That means often you have to run a dungeon 30+ times to get the weapon you need, AND THE FIRST 4 BOSSES ARE a COMPLETE WASTE -- because you already have all the armor.

I know ZOS is a business and they have to show player activity, but this is absurd. Running through a dungeon again and again getting the same armor peieces you already have-- complete waste.

Curated sets help some. It's better than the nightmare days when it would take 100+ dungeon runs, eg, to get the Burning Spellweave Inferno staff. But, it is still maddening

Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on September 18, 2023 1:03AM
Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Tribune
Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Tribune
Glimson, Arcanist, Major
All EP/ PC NA
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, there needs to be at least one more drop of weapons throughout the dungeon.
    Options
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because most people are generally selfish, once they get what they want they usually bail on the group. It creates a constant replacement cycle with group finder, they would want players to stick it to the end.
    Options
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's what chests are for. Two extra chances for weapon and jewelry drops per dungeon.

Between stickerbook and equipment trading and curated drops, we have enough chances to get those weapons. We did get a trade-off where people are less likely to link and trade, because of stickerbook, so now we have a higher chance to get something within x runs and a lower chance that someone will have it to trade, but I think it works.

Plus, transmutation made it so we no longer needed to get two daggers or two rings. Big game changer, imo. I always hated farming for that second dagger (or sword).
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
    Options
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    peacenote wrote: »
    That's what chests are for. Two extra chances for weapon and jewelry drops per dungeon.

Between stickerbook and equipment trading and curated drops, we have enough chances to get those weapons. We did get a trade-off where people are less likely to link and trade, because of stickerbook, so now we have a higher chance to get something within x runs and a lower chance that someone will have it to trade, but I think it works.

Plus, transmutation made it so we no longer needed to get two daggers or two rings. Big game changer, imo. I always hated farming for that second dagger (or sword).

Sorry but big disagree.
    Chests don't drop rings and weapons all the time, and they aren't curated.
    Having a 1/36 or whatever chance to get the weapon you need from the last boss is not acceptable. Most of the player base are busy adults with lives and kids. Spending days farming a dungeon for 1 weapon from it is just not feasible.

And trading means nothing if people don't acknowledge you exist. I was running a dlc dungeon on normal yesterday. At the start I said "paying 50k gold per weapon from last boss not in my stickerbook. I mentioned again at the last boss. Not a peep from anyone at the start or at the last boss. So I ran the dungeon 8 more times (would have been 16 if not for double drops during event).

This amount of effort for gear is a bit much. Make dungeon gear bind on equip or have each boss drop a weapon please.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
    Options
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it deals with dungeons.

Thank you for your understanding
    Options
    Staff Post
  • ShadowPaladin
    ShadowPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭

And trading means nothing if people don't acknowledge you exist. I was running a dlc dungeon on normal yesterday. At the start I said "paying 50k gold per weapon from last boss not in my stickerbook. I mentioned again at the last boss. Not a peep from anyone at the start or at the last boss. So I ran the dungeon 8 more times (would have been 16 if not for double drops during event).

Do you know why most people don't trade weapons in dungeons at the end?

Its the same reason why you all here ask for weapon drops from all bosses in dungeons. Weapons only drop from the endboss and that boss drops only ONE (!) weapon per run, per player. Because of that players do need to run a dungeon with 3 full sets available 30 times to get all weapons (10 weapons per full set) for the collection. Since drops are curated, that means 30 times a player won't be trading any weapon to any one :neutral: .

Now you can go and make it so that weapons will drop from any boss in a dungeon. But I guarantee to you that this would not fix the problem, but instead creat a new one. That *new* problem would be that players, who think of themselfs that they are clever, will start running dungeons only until they get to the first boss and after they killed it for the weapon, they will leave. Why you ask? Well, because they think it will be way faster to farm only the 1st boss of each dungeon for weapons over and over again, than running the whole thing :( .

There is a reason why it takes time to get all you would like to have or you do want to have. That reason is ZOS wanting the players to *replay* content to a certain extent. We all should be happy that it is now only *to a certain extent*, because of the *Collection System* we got from ZOS!!! Before we had that we were forced to run dungeons and trials endlessly to acquire certain items we were looking for :cry: . I for example can remember quite well how I did run Sunspire 305 times within 3 months to get all the equipment I needed for my 5 magi chars or Sanctum Ophidia 245 times to get all I needed for my 5 stam chars.

Naturally you can improve the system we do have atm. But letting all bosses drop weapons would be way over the top. Instead I would recommend to permanently make it so that the endbosses will drop two (2) weapons. That would decrease the amount of time needed to get all weapons considerably, but in addition would also leave enough time so that ZOS would have their *content replay* :smirk: .
    Options
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    peacenote wrote: »

Sorry but big disagree.
    Chests don't drop rings and weapons all the time, and they aren't curated.
    Having a 1/36 or whatever chance to get the weapon you need from the last boss is not acceptable. Most of the player base are busy adults with lives and kids. Spending days farming a dungeon for 1 weapon from it is just not feasible.

This amount of effort for gear is a bit much. Make dungeon gear bind on equip or have each boss drop a weapon please.

We can definitely disagree. :D That's totally ok. I personally think it would be bad for the game if things got even easier than it is today to get gear. But I can see your perspective.

What I think people forget sometimes, though, that it is ok to not run "the absolute perfect setup."

I do think you are making a really big and incorrect assumption (or flawed implied conclusion?) by saying "people have busy lives" -- as if I must not be busy if I'm good with the way things are. I typically play twice a week, for a few hours each, if I'm lucky... and often that play time is a scheduled raid or other structured play where I don't have time to farm. I'm REALLY busy. Know what I do? If I need something from a dungeon, I squeeze one run for it in once a week, maybe twice. In the meantime, I might run staves instead of daggers, or a lightning staff instead of a frost staff... or crafted gear until I get enough pieces for what I need. Sometimes I can't fit a mythic or arena weapon in because I need to backbar the wrong set for a while.

The drops don't need to be instant gratification NOR do we need to farm incessantly until we get that perfect piece. It can be spread out. While I'm sure some really strict groups and guilds exist, I've never been in an organized group that didn't understand running "the next best thing" because you've had bad RNG. Plus, the drop you need can be the last weapon you get from the place, or the first. That's why it is RNG!

So, no need to spend days farming for one weapon and, in fact, I would say a lot of people don't have time to ever do this. I definitely don't! I just wear something else... and wait to gold out my stuff until I do get the right piece. And then half the time the meta changes anyway. :)

I would rather some kind of token system where, after ten or so runs, we get the chance to unlock a piece without a drop. We've all had really bad luck at one point or another. My Nirn dagger was LITERALLY the last weapon drop I could get in Falkreath... and then I had to run it one more time after that because I was nice and gave it to a friend first who was really behind in stickerbook. Took me at least two months to get it once I started trying.

IMO ESO is a marathon, not a sprint... or really a leisurely walk because it is my hobby. :) But anyway, my point is I agree with you that most of us are really busy, but that doesn't take me to the same conclusion that weapons must be easier to get. It brings me to the conclusion that not enough people know that there are tons of different ways to work around missing a drop.

I am curious if you asked in all 8 dungeon runs to trade, or only on the first run. I will say this event doesn't always bring out the best in people. But I'll also say I frequently give weapons for free to strangers who need a specific one, even if they say they will pay, but if someone is just asking for gold for their stickerbook pieces... I would keep my pieces for my own stickerbook. I don't need gold. So it might be because you didn't ask for what you needed specifically. A lot of people will follow the need before greed code and stickerbook is kind of more on the greed side. We all want the pieces to spend less transmutes equally. So I can see why people might not have answered that query vs. a request for a specific piece they you need.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had fully completed the stickerbook for Black Drake Villa a long time ago, whereas the stickerbook for that dungeon's sibling, Cauldron, is still incomplete even today.

Similarly, Stone Garden's stickerbook was fully completed years ago, while the stickerbook for its sibling (Castle Thorn) was completed only last week during this event.

Why is there this discrepancy? No, I did not farm Kinras or Catalyst. I just run the dungeons to complete all the achievements, and when the motifs come out, to farm out a full set of motifs, so I ran these dungeons around the same number of times.

The difference is the BDV and SG follow the newer 3-boss format, and one characteristic of the 3-boss format is that every boss drops double gear on HM. So I'm getting literally twice the number of weapons and jewelry per run. The stickerbooks for every single 3-boss dungeon have been easy and quick to fill because of the double drops on HM.

But why is the double boss drop limited to just the newer 3-boss dungeons? Why not make it so that every boss, when killed on HM, drops double the pieces? For the older 5-boss dungeons, that means only the final boss would be affected, but that's really the only one that matters. It would be a really great incentive and reward for people to do HM.
    Edited by code65536 on September 18, 2023 12:43PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options