Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Grim Focus Permaglow

• Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the redguard armor issue all over again. I thought they said a long time ago they would never again unilaterally change aesthetics like this because they know how much it upsets people and because it can be polarizing (i.e., once you make the change, some people like the new way and some people want to go back to the old way).

It's clear they didn't get around to updating when the weapon glows when they updated the skill function. I'm sure they have a huge backlog and don't want to add this, but they should.
  • odaphii
    odaphii
    ✭✭
    Another month of perma-glow weapons :')
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin have you collected enough feedback yet?
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Reasonchill
    Reasonchill
    ✭✭
    Pevey wrote: »
    It's clear they didn't get around to updating when the weapon glows when they updated the skill function. I'm sure they have a huge backlog and don't want to add this, but they should.
    Correct. I've said this before, as well. This is just something that NEEDS to get done, not a matter of likes or dislikes. (Just repeating because reading every message of a 41-page thread is not something I'd expect everyone to do :)).
    Patching out a core feature of the game (determining what your character looks like) is a bad, bad, bad idea. An unacceptable idea. An idea that is objectively very bad for the game in general. The fact that this visual effect ruins expensive crown-purchased weapon packs is a fast, sturdy, undeniable proof of that.
    These past 12 months have been extremely dreary, tiresome, and heavy. I know I've been playing a lot less due to that. And I also know this is true for a great amount of other players. That "glow" really felt like "aaaand the party of good content is over".
    I don't need a fix NOW, I just need a promise and a rough date of when it is getting updated/fixed.
    This whole issue reeks of despair. The only way I've been able to play the game is treating this issue like a seals of endeavor farm, or achieving something else regularly: it is something that I do my best to solve and influence, it is difficult, it is tiresome, and I must do it regularly, but it HAS to be successful in the end. But I am so, so tired.
  • LesserCircle
    LesserCircle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grim focus permaglow for an entire year, suffering from that red glow on all my outfits and weapons, and now as if my nightblade wasn't dead and buried already we get even more nerfs and changes nobody asked in update 44. If I had a break from the game and came back to having grim focus always on, siphoning strikes always on and cloak as a toggle I would just uninstall the game out of confusion to what have you done with my favourite class.
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pevey wrote: »
    ...I'm sure they have a huge backlog and don't want to add this, but they should.

They absolutely should!

The fact that the glow is permanent really sucks!