The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

- School daze -

• Iorail
    Iorail
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was able to complete this a few days ago by using the workaround found in this thread. Clicking west, east, and south for those specific amount of clicks did spawn the gator.

Same today, the only issues I had was trying to tell around 7 people to stay away from the orbs....
  • aufischb16_ESO
    aufischb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Tried the work-around today, but didn't work. Quest is obviously still bugged?
  • Hridh
    Hridh
    ✭✭
    Workaround made it work. I think the bug is purely visual : the spheres dont change shape on your screen when activated. So resetting and doing workaround allows to get the right combination despite the lack of visual reaction
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still bugged. Was doing the workaround when someone else hit it and the croc spawned.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • thwl
    thwl
    Still bugged if you follow instructions in the book provided nearby on the bench by the quest NPC.

If whats written here doesnt work and youve already been clicking around, abandon quest.

Pick it up again and ignore north, hit 1 x west, 2 x east, 3 x south.

Worked for me even as people kept running around clicking aimlessly.
  • anthonykelly96eb17_ESO
    anthonykelly96eb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for this i got the croc to spawn and about 15 people got the quest completed :D
  • Blackwolfe5
    Blackwolfe5
    ✭✭✭
    I tried doing this quest yesterday but interacting with the podiums does nothing at all.
  • Qhival
    Qhival
    ✭✭✭
    yeah interacting with the pdiums doesnt seem to change the colors or anything. severly bugged at the moment.
    -Archival -Templar, NA
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had problems with this quest too. Would be nice if they fixed it.

• mshadowdale
    I cannot do this quest either, rather frustrating
  • DawnsRain
    DawnsRain
    Since release and over a month, the quest has been bugged and still not got fixed? Come on Zenimax, you can do better then that.

Has there been any official word on this quest bug?
  • jerzey_gamer
    Gave this one up a long time ago lol.
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln
    Gawjo - VR15 Nord DK DPS [US] | 50 Alchemy/Blacksmithing/Provisioning
  • JJDrakken
    JJDrakken
    ✭✭✭
    It works, I've taught so many in game, how to work it. They've come here explained it, etc.. It's not broke, it's bugged for coloration of the orbs. It's very much able to be completed.
    Leader of Oblivion Crisis. Bunch of Daedric Worshiping MF's. We'll Bang Ok.
  • DragonMother
    DragonMother
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ Tagging ya to alert of a bugged quest chain. Let the devs know please? Thank you. <3
    Demi, Adult female, Guild leader, Roleplayer & TES enthusiast
    I trust my instincts, more than I trust other peoples opinions.
    Four years, and still present. Sanguine still lives.
  • DenniMyuu
    DenniMyuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    thanks for that. it worked for me perfectly.
    Possessed Myuutikora | Argonian | Templar | Healer | Master Angler • Goddess Goni | Argonian | Warden | Healer
    » vMSA Flawless • vDSA • vHRC HM • vAA HM • vSO HM • vMOL HM • vHOF HM • vAS +2 • vCR +3 • vBRP «

» finally retired | Goni & Guar ♥ « | » PC EU Vivec « | » since beta «
  • bruceb14_ESO5
    bruceb14_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    I see numerous expletives being cast with frustration in this quest. Still standing around pond, although trying workarounds. Not sure if abandoning quest abandons progress on other parts of quest that have been completed. Wish I did this guy first.
  • bruceb14_ESO5
    bruceb14_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    Luckily someone got it and a handful of us killed gator. Whew, thankfully that one is over. I never was a great fisherman outside the game, too much time sitting by the pond getting eaten by mosquitoes...this case the gator was a welcome sight.
  • hardekaftb16_ESO
    The workaround worked for me. Made many people happy.
    Should be fixed though, since it's rather frustrating.
  • esoub17_ESO30
    esoub17_ESO30
    ✭✭
    Finished this quest today, but it's definitely bugged. I don't think the order actually matters because I managed to summon the crock after clicking out of order. I believe the idea is that the orbs are supposed to change colors and the trick is to set the correct color for each direction (like several other clickie puzzles in ESO) but... the orbs aren't actually changing color, so there's no way to know what each is set to.

With 4 settings on 4 pedestals, that's 256 combinations... a lot of blind clicking :/
    Edited by esoub17_ESO30 on May 19, 2014 12:15PM
  • ErdoS
    ErdoS
    I Finish it! At first - restart quest, then go to a lake and click to the cristal: 2 click on east, 1 click on west and 3 click on south. Then in the lake appear crocodile, kill him and quest finish. Source here http://esohead.com/quests/3903-school-daze
    Confirmed. For some reason this is what works. Regardless of what other players are doing (it didn't affect me)
  • Mephos
    Mephos
    ✭✭✭
    GOD THANK YOU who ever found the combination to solve this quest.

WHO finds this combination, serious! how can someone solve this in this way in the first place!

thank you so much
  • shroudeye1preub18_ESO
    bugged still le sigh
  • JJDrakken
    JJDrakken
    ✭✭✭
    Mephos wrote: »
    GOD THANK YOU who ever found the combination to solve this quest.

WHO finds this combination, serious! how can someone solve this in this way in the first place!

thank you so much

You are welcome
  • JJDrakken
    JJDrakken
    ✭✭✭
    bugged still le sigh

First, what I tell you it doesn't matter if 900 people are all clicking the orbs at the same time, it's tied to you. If it doesn't work, then drop quest & pick it up back up, then do as I say.

Westx1, Eastx2, Southx3. Be quick to tag the gator or you have to drop the quest & redo, cuz everyone else will be on it.
  • TomLukman
    TomLukman
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe not bugged but still kinda confusing. Would be nice to get some visual indication when the solution is right. I, for example, didn't notice the crocodile in the water after I did the combination correctly making me believe the quest was bugged.
  • Anguished
    Anguished
    ✭✭
    I've tried everything people have listed and it still doesn't work.
    Abandoning forever.
  • Pman85
    Pman85
    ✭✭✭✭
    read the book. change the 4 shrines. ORRRRR just wait until someone else gets it then kill the spawned croc!
    Guildmaster - Order of Stendarr [XB1] - Apply today!

Brought to you by Fishy Joe's....Ride the walrus!

• Big_Boss_77
    Work around:
    Touch one pillar, wait until massive amount of people randomly push buttons until croc pops
    Quest Complete!
  • SilentGonzalez
    SilentGonzalez
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks, For some reason the first time i did this, someone got it done so i didn't have to do it lol....but took me a while before i looked it up! thanks lol

Silent