The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

- School daze -

• Chikara
    Chikara
    I was able to do it no problem - but then again no one else was about so I didn't have any competition. I do agree though the book shouldn't vanish after one read
  • Nuri
    Nuri
    This - sorry to jump on the bandwagon peeps, but this is still bugged today, as of the 11/04. Chikara, the issue isn't so much the book disappears (or rather, appears in your Bags) but the fact that its completion is down to pure pot-luck when multiple people can manipulate the elements.
    Edited by Nuri on April 11, 2014 9:25PM
  • Getorix
    Getorix
    ✭✭✭
    You just need to talk to the npc near the stones and it puts you in your own phase and it doesn't matter what the people around you do.

I had the same problem dealing with idiots just randomly clicking the stones then I talked to the npc or something near the pond and after that the stones only reacted when I clicked them not when anyone else did it.
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went back later, the guy you need to talk to was standing up, he then crouched and everyone nuked the crocodile/s thingo. Then it said quest done without ever touching an orb.
  • Lexine
    Lexine
    The book doesn't vanish, it's in your inventory under quest items.

Anyhow, I think I had the symbols right, but I wasn't even sure what I was doing since the NPC (that dunmer guy) was bugged so even though he had a quest arrow pointing to him, I was unable to interact with him at all.
  • makosdv
    makosdv
    Still bugged... I just abandoned the quest. I give up.
  • Anzaman
    Anzaman
    ✭✭✭
    Completed this Quest today and worked fine.
    Nilene Nightsky - Healer Warden
    Niomia Nightsky - Stamina Nightblade
    Ebonheart Pact (EU) Veteran: 10 - CP: 101
  • apio
    apio
    Soul Shriven
    I relogged and it worked for me. You have to speak to the npc first or it won't matter what you do with the spheres. Getting other players to stop touching things... Good luck with that. It's like a group of toddlers in a toy store.
  • TheRealDoc
    TheRealDoc
    ✭✭✭
    I completed this after a server maintenance and not too many idiots were randomly pushing the buttons.

You have to talk to the guy first, my problem was he was cowering and I couldn't select him. After the restart I spoke to him, quickly hit the buttons, did the task and moved on....

But yeah, it's a bugger to get people to not push buttons.....
  • cubansyrusb16_ESO
    cubansyrusb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see this thread is remaining informative, thanks for participating guys your helping players.
    Edited by cubansyrusb16_ESO on April 14, 2014 1:10AM
  • mlscott0
    mlscott0
    I loath this quest soooooo bad. Attempted this for like 30 minutes. It's like herding cats with everyone running up and clicking them. Then it doesn't work anyways. PLEASE get rid of/fix this in some way.
  • Underp4ntz
    Quest is not working even if I'am alone...
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah npc is cowering, no mob. Cant do it.
  • Asasinas
    Asasinas
    Still not working for me. In what order do I need to click spheres?
    Edited by Asasinas on April 15, 2014 10:22AM
  • blodhemnukb16_ESO
    blodhemnukb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    They don't even change color or shape for me, all just stay the same, no matter how many times I click em, or which order.
  • LeCreaux
    LeCreaux
    Soul Shriven
    I just dropped the quest. I tried it for a few days and gave up. The NPC would not talk to me even though he had the quest icon over his head.
    Edited by LeCreaux on April 15, 2014 2:58PM
  • darkside_uaeb17_ESO
    after last patch the spheres just not changing when use them. Still bugged.
    Edited by darkside_uaeb17_ESO on April 15, 2014 7:23PM
  • kylewhiteb16_ESO
    As of today 15/04/2014 - this is bugged for me too. I've followed the sequence as the book states, I've looked at a YouTube video - but the symbols above the podiums don't change as they did in the video..

Tried repeatedly (and alone when it was quieter) made no difference..

Really frustrating for everyone involved!
  • MortTholar
    Confirming the above post. As of today the quest is bugged at least for some people.

The spheres don't change anymore. They don't react to interactions at all. Pls halp. TIA!
  • Akaikos
    Akaikos
    ✭✭
    Still bugged, all symbols stuck on sun. VR too
    Edited by Akaikos on April 15, 2014 11:45PM
  • Philman
    Philman
    Soul Shriven
    yep. quest is bugged and very poorly designed. wtg ZoS
  • dahak777
    dahak777
    Bugged here too
  • Panique
    Panique
    Chiming in - the podiums aren't changing for me, either, as of 15th April.
  • Edda
    Edda
    ✭✭
    Tried to do this quest 2 days ago, but Tedras would not talk to me. Completed the other 2 students quests and left.
    Came back today and the quest was DROPPED. Completely gone from my quest list. A bit miffed but I was able to grab the quest again, Tedras had stopped cowering and was speaking (yay) BUT puzzle is stuck. 4 suns, wont change. Tried dropping the quest again, re-logging. Nothing worked. Other people there also trying the puzzle said it was stuck for them too.
    “The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.” [Terry Pratchett in Hogfather]
  • Shortnsmelly
    Shortnsmelly
    Soul Shriven
    So I wonder how many comments it takes to get a response? Even a post saying we have seen this and working on it would be nice
  • Korusus
    Korusus
    ✭✭
    Bugged for me as well. I feel like everytime I play I run into a bugged quest.

Also terrible quest design is terrible.
  • jpsgamingb14_ESO
    jpsgamingb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just tried doing this quest.

Nothing happens when you touch the any of the 4 podiums.
  • Mie87
    Mie87
    ✭✭✭
    Mmm this gave me no trouble whatsoever. I did do the quest at 5 in the morning, I saw no other players :-)
  • dbeiseb16_ESO
    dbeiseb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Bugged for me too. No other players around but nothing happens when it ouch any of the spheres. No colours show up or anything.
  • Dovel
    Dovel
    ✭✭✭
    Please change the riddle of the pond part or make it player only, have you ever tried to control 30 players that either don't speak English or just ramdomly press stuff ?

This has to be player only or this quest will never be done unless people co-operate ....... really it is was not a great idea for everyone to share these type of quests.

The order of the podiums
    N — Sun (yellow)
    E — Star (blue)
    S — Crescent (light blue)
    W — Full Moon (red)

credit for posting the order: Bollerlotte

Quest As of 15/04/2014 is broken again

Thanks all who commented

That isn't the correct order though.

The book says North, West, East and then South.