Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

So when can small family/friends-only guilds sell and get guild bank storage?

• Snake3yes
    Snake3yes
    Soul Shriven
    The guild store isn't actually a major issue, for trading I intend to join a bigger guild. The fact you can join 5 guilds makes it easy to facilitate that kind of thing so its not really a worry.

That said however, the guild bank limit could do with being reduced to 5 members.

We have a group of close friends that play and its already becoming a pain having to mail each other items and manage space. Particularly as we are often not all on at the same time.

In game mail is all good and well but at 10g per mail you are having to store up items etc in your bank to make it worthwhile sending the mail.

Erador Suttonius - Sorcerer
    The Forsaken
    Ebonheart Pact
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    if they stick with this feature I hope that when they introduce housing they allow the owner to set up a shop, like n EQ2
    Who has time? But if we never take time how can we ever have time?
  • xhrit
    xhrit
    ✭✭✭
    it wouldn't hurt anything to allow small guilds to have guild stores.

It would when every Cyrodiil guild vendor has exactly 1 player's worth of items for sale.
    Edited by xhrit on April 2, 2014 8:05AM
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose a possible solution to the bank issue would be for it to give banks slots based on the number of guild members, hence larger guilds would get more space.

But this is also an example of how changing game mechanics (not talking about content for solo players) in a mmo to accommodate solo players ends up hurting the majority. As a guild of say 30 members would no longer have access to the slots they currently have.
  • TheGodless1
    TheGodless1
    ✭✭✭
    have to say at least you can mail and open mail from anywhere...sure beats hotfooting it ALL the way back to a town with a mailbox and travel all the way back again if important...have to say it's the only advantage to mailing others items in a small guild, although I too think the guild bank should be accessible at Guild creation and not based upon another variable. Overall though it's not too terribly bad. I suspect this is an issue that will be strongly considered in the near future to fix helping keep subs recurring at a profitable rate.
  • Kiwi
    Kiwi
    ✭✭✭✭
    the mentality behind, 'needing to be selling things to be playing a mmo' is wrong
    you, infact, do not have to sell anything.
    it has zero relation toward the story or anything but your epeen and a bunch of numbers somewhere on your screen.

what ever rings your bells but dont pretend its a mandatory part of mmorpg
    because its not
    A large yellow rectangle

• natters69
    natters69
    with the ability to join up to 5 guilds there is alot of room for small family/friends guilds to be able to trade and profit, join a trade guild or 2 and fob your stuff off in there stores maybe? maybe trade amongst yourselves or thru chat there are many options if you think outside the basement
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Others have pointed this out, but I'm not quite sure some are understanding. A small guild having access to a guild store is not going to allow them to sell to strangers en masse or anything like that. The guild store only allows you to sell to people in that guild. So those 7 people that you're extremely close with are the only other people that can see your guild store.

The exception of course, is if you have a keep in Cyrodiil. However I don't really see a guild of 7 people maintaining a keep.

I don't have anything against small guilds having a store, but I don't really see how it would actually be beneficial. Perhaps someone who is advocating for that can explain?

That being said the requirement for a guild bank could be changed. I'm not sure what to. If the member requirement is too low, it's easily exploited, if it's too high it punishes smaller guilds. I thought 10 players was a fairly reasonable number, personally. Much less than that and it almost starts turning into a personal bank.
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • Rantog
    Rantog
    ✭✭✭✭
    In simplest terms - they took some of the Best qualities of every game to date to make the game..

But when it came to Guilds, Player-Trading, and the Chat system - they seriously dropped the ball. I can't name a top tier MMO that still has it this badly.

The chat bounces on and off regardless of how you set it (I did manage to turn it completely Off, but that defeats the purpose of having it at all).
    And you can't even change all of its settings from its own menu - you have to go digging into Settings and Social.

---

And Guilds - *sigh*
    Does anyone remember when being in a Guild meant you actually Knew the people (or most of them) you were in the guild with?

Apparently no one at Zenimax does, because they've decided that having a guild with fewer than 50 unique accounts doesn't constitute being Customer enough to even be able to Sell items in the game.

And yes, I know we can be in 5 guilds - but that too distorts the entire purpose of having them.. Heck at that point, there isn't much need to even call it a guild.. Just remove guilds all together and point to the Faction choice.

• mr_stealth_b14_ESO
    mr_stealth_b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer small friend-only guilds, but I will join larger ones (if I have to) in a game that allows multi-guilding. But between a small guild, a somewhat larger pvp focused guild, and likely a larger pve-oriented guild, that leaves 2 slots for trade guilds, which very limited market access. That is only 998 potential customers (assuming both trade guilds are full) for my items, unless the guild happens to hold a keep.

I'm in a 500 member guild in another MMO, and I couldn't image trying to trade with those 499 people being my only customers. Trying to buy a rare item with such a limited system just seems like a nightmare. Your only hope would be jumping keep to keep hoping to find one held by a guild that actually has the item for sale.

I don't think a global market/auction house is the right way to go. But there are other options that I think would be much better, and less restrictive, than the current system. Perhaps an option for guild stores to allow the public to list items for sale in their held keep's store. Or have a public market that is per-city/zone, instead of server-wide.

I get the system that ZOS wants to have, but I think it's too limiting for a huge portion of the playerbase to be willing to embrace it. I see chat spam in main cities quickly becoming the primary trade system.
    Edited by mr_stealth_b14_ESO on April 2, 2014 8:51AM
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ekeiram wrote: »
    Why do you need a store if you are with 20 people. Just use the mail and guild chat and work together.

if you want to make a profit , well than you have to do something , join a trade guild, advertise in chat , use the forums , be creative.

it is different than other MMO's and thats why I love it. I will find my way in selling what I craft. and atm I am still so low level, I only craft for myself and my low level friends :)

I question why stores have to be limited to guilds in the first place. Also as was learned from V1 of FFXIV, different = / = better. There guild store needs to become the world store. Being limited to only 5 guilds also limits the number of people you can potentially sell items to. You are a member of 5 50 person guilds, but there are like 5000+ potential buyers in the world you wont have the ability to sell to with ease. You don't see a problem with this? I'd rather the game not continue to be filled with zone shouts because of this silly system in play.
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on April 2, 2014 8:55AM
  • mdziur
    mdziur
    ✭✭
    I play solo, I craft my own stuff and I don't need an AH or Guild. I don't need to be level 50 with 1 million gold in the next 24 hours. I'm just enjoying the game. Go play a game with an AH if your butt hurts that much. Otherwise just STFU. This is ESO. No other MMO even comes close to being so cool. Now if there weren't any douchetards in game it would be the greatest MMO ever.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mdziur wrote: »
    I play solo, I craft my own stuff and I don't need an AH or Guild. I don't need to be level 50 with 1 million gold in the next 24 hours. I'm just enjoying the game. Go play a game with an AH if your butt hurts that much. Otherwise just STFU. This is ESO. No other MMO even comes close to being so cool. Now if there weren't any douchetards in game it would be the greatest MMO ever.

^
    At last someone who says what everyone thinks: if you want features from Game X that badly why don't you go play Game X? Why do you always have to turn every new game in a *** clone of something else? Try playing the game instead of whining...
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    I question why stores have to be limited to guilds in the first place. Also as was learned from V1 of FFXIV, different = / = better. There guild store needs to become the world store. Being limited to only 5 guilds also limits the number of people you can potentially sell items to. You are a member of 5 50 person guilds, but there are like 5000+ potential buyers in the world you wont have the ability to sell to with ease. You don't see a problem with this? I'd rather the game not continue to be filled with zone shouts because of this silly system in play.

I think you're arguing a different thing than what the topic is about. No one is necessarily saying an AH shouldn't exist, just that with the current system we have they don't see a reason for a 7 person guild to have access to a guild store (as it only allows them to sell to the other 7 people in their guild). Your argument is really a different issue altogether and would require a revamp of the entire system, versus reducing the restrictions currently in place on how many members you need in order to get a store.
    Edited by Lalai on April 2, 2014 9:13AM
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • mr_stealth_b14_ESO
    mr_stealth_b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »

^
    At last someone who says what everyone thinks: if you want features from Game X that badly why don't you go play Game X? Why do you always have to turn every new game in a *** clone of something else? Try playing the game instead of whining...

I don't think it's about making a 'clone' of any other game, but about making a system that is viable and accessible. Forcing everyone to join several large guilds just to be able to buy/sell items is neither, in my opinion.

I craft my own items when that is a viable option, but we don't know what endgame has in store for us. You want an item that only comes as a rare drop, or you want to craft something but just can't find all the materials...you're going to need a more open trade system for that.
  • korwinthale
    korwinthale
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with OP 100% and also think we need some form of auction house. Maybe not one gigantic Megahouse but possibly a few groups of smaller auction houses .. limited to faction / possibly by choices you make in game like Maybe the mage guild Auctionhouse or the fighters guild or like the black market for rogues when the thieves guild comes out .. that sort of thing.
    "Still, we have to keep trying and hoping. That's what's important--the trying and the hoping. Maybe that's most important of all."
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^

I don't think it's about making a 'clone' of any other game, but about making a system that is viable and accessible. Forcing everyone to join several large guilds just to be able to buy/sell items is neither, in my opinion.

I craft my own items when that is a viable option, but we don't know what endgame has in store for us. You want an item that only comes as a rare drop, or you want to craft something but just can't find all the materials...you're going to need a more open trade system for that.

You might be in the wrong game, but don't let that stop you from ignoring the reasons behind some choices, please
  • mr_stealth_b14_ESO
    mr_stealth_b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

You might be in the wrong game, but don't let that stop you from ignoring the reasons behind some choices, please

I know they have their reasons for making this system, but having a good reason doesn't mean it's a good idea or one that will even work out well in the live game. I just see the limiting nature of this system encouraging the use of chat spam and direct/mail trading, which I doubt is what many of us want to see happen. There is already an annoying amount of that going on right now.

The guild-based trading system is certainly an interesting idea. I think it might be a better one if guilds were larger. But it could end up working out fine the way it is. We won't really know till we see just what type of role trading plays in the game. Trading craftable items and crafting materials should work out rather well, but if there is a need for trading rare items the limitations could prove to be too strict.

In the end, whether the current system stays or gets changed comes down to how satisfied players are with it. If enough don't like it, or if chat spamming takes over as the main trade method, then it will need some changes.
    Edited by mr_stealth_b14_ESO on April 2, 2014 10:08AM
  • eventHandler
    eventHandler
    ✭✭✭
    Think of it as using one of your guild slots to join a (up to) 500 man auction house. Or you could use 2-5 and be in many auction houses. But you have the freedom to chose to use your slots to do that, or to be in guilds specialized to other things. You don't have to have guild chat turned on or play with the people in your merchant guild; if they have requirements like that, find another one.

I don't think the number needs changed, because you need a critical mass point for there to be a useful volume/selection of items available. As said before, smaller guilds that are actually based on people knowing each other can use the bank and the honor system for paying each other when they aren't doing free trades, or they can use COD (the guild store charges 15% auction fee, plus a 10% guild fee, so 25% is paid that way.... which is way more than COD).
  • greymist2000
    Coggage wrote: »
    Well, players want as big a market as possible for each of their 5 guilds. Why join a small family guild with, say, 10 people in it when you could join one with (as there was in chat tonight) 270+ people in it. That's a lot more people to sell to!

A really small guild wouldn't need a store, as such. They could sell via guild chat and use the ingame mail service
    your missing the point of family/friends guild as op stated some people with kids in their guild dont want alot of rukus, people that form small guilds should not be punished
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that the min number of members required for the guild storage to be available should be 2. This would allow couples that play together to have a shared storage.

About the store, I am willing to join a trading guild whenever I neee to buy or sell anything. It is bothersome, true, but nothing game breaking to me.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • cromica81_ESO
    cromica81_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    All this system ensures is that people will be forever spamming chat with WTS and WTT.
  • Emperor_Maximus
    Emperor_Maximus
    Soul Shriven
    Better question would be what type of parent allows their children to play a M rated multiplayer game then goes on to complain about not being able to keep "strangers" out of your guild unless you want to be at a disadvantage. If you are going to let your children play a online game with a rating like that than they should be old enough to make their own decisions as in to be in a public guild with so called "strangers". Don't pitch the ***, and what I mean by that is don't allow your kids to play a M rated online game then proceed to *** about it on the forums.
  • Hexos
    Hexos
    ✭✭✭
    +1 Here.

I have a 8 member guild with all RL friends and family and we are CONSTANTLY mailing each other stuff because we cant have a guild bank :(

PLEASE FIX THIS ZENIMAX!

I would be fine with either having to get 10 to permanently "unlock" the guild bank or having a smaller guild bank for a smaller guild.
    So instead of 500 slots, we get 100 if we have 4+ members. Even that much woudl help.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Coggage wrote: »
    Well, players want as big a market as possible for each of their 5 guilds. Why join a small family guild with, say, 10 people in it when you could join one with (as there was in chat tonight) 270+ people in it. That's a lot more people to sell to!

A really small guild wouldn't need a store, as such. They could sell via guild chat and use the ingame mail service
    your missing the point of family/friends guild as op stated some people with kids in their guild dont want alot of rukus, people that form small guilds should not be punished

Theyre not being punished. They simply dont meet the requirements for the Guild Bank and Store. Stop trying to twist the decisions Zenimax has made with negative connotations like 'punished'.

Individuals have a 60 slot Inventory and a 60 slot Account Bank. Thats 120 slots. Both of which can be increased by 10 slots through purchase. As well by increasing your Mounts carry capacity. While it can be troublesome to share your Bank with your other characters. If people would stop being packrats and offload things that are of no real necessity or value. Theyd find they regularly have plenty of slots for their needs.

As stated numerous times. The Store is quite useless to such a small group. And the ONLY reason the OP is upset over it is because they want access to it...not that they actually need it for anything.

Personally if they want guild bank space so badly. I say fine. Zenimax should set it up so that Guild Bank Slots scale with number of members. 5 members instead of the required 10...250 slots instead of the 500. Anything more would need to be purchased or add additional Guild members.

Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Lenny
    Lenny
    ✭✭✭
    I think some people in this thread don't understand how guild stores actually work. THey're saying large guild people can sell in guild stores, while small guild people have to spam to chat channels to sell their stuff. This simply is not true.

Large guild stores are not selling to the public. They are selling to other members of their same guild. That's it. Markets are entirely internal. Cyrodil guild stores are another matter entirely.

That said, while I agree with Bethsoft's decision, I think they should have just let the small guilds have guild stores, because people are stupid and complain about things they don't understand, and it wouldn't hurt anything to allow small guilds to have guild stores.

I don't think that YOU understand how guild stores work. You do sell to guildies, yes, but when you claim a keep in Cyrodiil, your store is accessible in that keep by anyone that is in the campaign. SO, please check facts before posting.
  • greymist2000
    Better question would be what type of parent allows their children to play a M rated multiplayer game then goes on to complain about not being able to keep "strangers" out of your guild unless you want to be at a disadvantage. If you are going to let your children play a online game with a rating like that than they should be old enough to make their own decisions as in to be in a public guild with so called "strangers". Don't pitch the ***, and what I mean by that is don't allow your kids to play a M rated online game then proceed to *** about it on the forums.

wow first off LOL, when you monitor your child playing this game, how is that even remotely bad? quite a few parents allow them to play GTA, or COD or any amount of crap, this by far is very watered down compared to the norm of alot games out there, so you may step off your soap box, the "if you let them, then they should be old enough to make their own decisions..." wow... just wow, im pretty sure you dont have kids, heres and example, you allow your 10 yr old to start a bonfire, with you supervising and helping, that doesnt mean give the kid some matches, a lighter and tell them "go to town you make your own decisions, even saying something like that.. well im sure the helmet you wear is a nice color. the point is no one is asking for special treatment,they should drop the guild market to 5 or 10, i dont feel the point of joining some huge guild to spend 2 hours iggy'ing people that are rude, obnoxious, or just want to chat, no one was bitching people were asking and making suggestions, to which most from what ive read had no problem with.... not sure what your deal is, or if you hate kids in general... leave the trolling for the pvp areas XD
    Edited by greymist2000 on April 2, 2014 2:36PM
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the note of small family guilds. Even tho I disagree with the system, each one of you can also join a larger guild in order to buy and sell items. That is probably one reason we are allowed up to 5 guilds (Tho with this system 5 guilds probably wont be enough). Keep your small family/friend guild for your guild banking needs or what not, and use the larger guilds to sell.

I still don't like the current system, and see it only causing everyone headache to traders later on. Just dropping the minimum guild size to enable guild store won't be what fixes the real problem.
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on April 2, 2014 2:50PM
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand this post.

What possible need would you have for a guild store if there are only a handful of people in your guild?
    ----
    Murray?
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greydog wrote: »

Um ..there is no trade feature for sales. Just the guild stores and spamming.

agree +1

I'm sorry sir but you are wrong. Walk up to a person. Press F to interact. Direct your mouse to the lower left to 'Trade'. Now you can each drop in items/ gold and confirm. No store cut/ no mail cut.

If you find that inconvenient, you can send a trade via mail. Use COD to ensure payment for items.