The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dark Convergence bugged

Gargath
Gargath
✭✭✭✭✭
If the mobs are very close to eachother, like the tigers that usually sit in a group of 2-3 very close, the Dark Convergence "pulling effect" works like a pushback and stun, forces one tiger to spread away 4-5 meters from another.
With this pushback I can hardly reach them all together with Puncturing Sweeps. Very annoying in it's current state.
Edited by Gargath on January 29, 2023 12:37PM
PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect it has more to do with the model hitbox size as I usually only see this issue on long NPCs (tigers, ice wraiths, snakes, ect). Humanoid NPCs don't seem to ever have this issue (makes sense since DC was mostly optimized for PvP).

It is annoying, it sometimes means Jabs and Stampede won't hit. But tbh, I'd rather they just leave DC alone at this point, lest they make further nerfs or mess it up more.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    If the mobs are very close to eachother, like the tigers that usually sit in a group of 2-3 very close, the Dark Convergence "pulling effect" works like a pushback and stun, forces one tiger to spread away 4-5 meters from another.
    With this pushback I can hardly reach them all together with Puncturing Sweeps. Very annoying in it's current state.

Puncturing Sweeps hits an 8m by 6m rectangle. It is one of the biggest spammables, area-wise, in the game. Unfortunately its animation makes it seem much smaller. Even if the tigers are 4-5 meters away from each other, you can easily get them both with the same cast of Sweeps/Jabs, but it helps to be able to estimate where to place it. I would suggest trying the skill out on a group of dummies to see how far it hits. I think it would surprise you.