Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Hide shoulders is on the way!

Dark_Lord_Kuro
Dark_Lord_Kuro
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
It was just confirmed in the eso live today as part of update 37 base game update.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It was most exciting news from whole stream, but it's weird that Gina talked about some item - it will be more complicated than it has to be only for some event reward?
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It was most exciting news from whole stream, but it's weird that Gina talked about some item - it will be more complicated than it has to be only for some event reward?

From my understanding we will need some item sold by the impressario assistant wich is avaiable year long and sell his stuff for gold. I will apear on the test server with the jester festival.
    Not sure if its some kind of consumable or not tough

Personnaly it seem to be a weird way to go about it but at least some of my character wont have to deal with aweful shoulder anymore!
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not just add it to settings like hide helmet.
    Seems strange.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally! I don't care it's weird at least it's here.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm only afraid if they complicated it with some sort of item it may work like switch on/off for ALL outfits which will mean more micromanagment when you change one outfit to another. I use mods to switch outfits for different sets I use (pvp, overland, dungeons, etc.) so I will be not happy I will have to manage shoulders seperately each time.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

From my understanding we will need some item sold by the impressario assistant wich is avaiable year long and sell his stuff for gold. I will apear on the test server with the jester festival.

Personnaly it seem to be a weird way to go about it but at least some of my character wont have to deal with aweful shoulder anymore!

my guess is that it will be some kind of token thats just to unlock the hide shoulder by adding it to our outfit collection menu

it doesnt make a lot of sense than just adding it by default like the hide helmet outfit option though

i also know people who would be interested in this option though and glad they have something planned for it
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who cares. I'm here for it.
  • ACamaroGuy
    ACamaroGuy
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you! Finally, something I like. The shoulders have horrible looking.
    For the Empire
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

my guess is that it will be some kind of token thats just to unlock the hide shoulder by adding it to our outfit collection menu

it doesnt make a lot of sense than just adding it by default like the hide helmet outfit option though

i also know people who would be interested in this option though and glad they have something planned for it

Could be a shoulder "motif" that is basically invisible on the character, that can be added like any shoulder slot in the outfit station.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now we just need hide flaps and belt.

Unless this is some consumable item. Because if so, [snip] that. It better just be some unluck for outfits just like the head is.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 28, 2023 12:26PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is very good news! I'm curious about how it will be obtained and how it'll work once you've got it, I hope it's not something you have to buy each time or whatever. But however it works I'm interested, because I have several characters where none of the shoulders look good, the best I can do is settle for ones which aren't absurdly over-sized.

Stinkyremy wrote: »
    Seems strange.

I wonder if it's a similar situation to the invisible boots in Guild Wars 2. Apparently one of the developers really wanted the option to hide shoes, (the game already has check boxes to hide your helmet, shoulders, gloves and backpack) but for whatever reason the people who decide on those types of options (not sure of the job title) wouldn't allow it.

One of the people who make new items agreed it should be an option, so they made invisible boots as a work-around and because a new item goes through a different approval process to a new setting that got approved and added to the game. They're a stupidly rare drop and therefore expensive to buy from other players, but it's there.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m for hiding shoulders. They are all ugly. A little leery of some complicated way though.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I imagine it'll be some kind of invisible shoulder motif we can equip and the event merchant assistant is simply the most convenient way to make it available to everyone.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    This is very good news! I'm curious about how it will be obtained and how it'll work once you've got it, I hope it's not something you have to buy each time or whatever. But however it works I'm interested, because I have several characters where none of the shoulders look good, the best I can do is settle for ones which aren't absurdly over-sized.

Seems strange.

I wonder if it's a similar situation to the invisible boots in Guild Wars 2. Apparently one of the developers really wanted the option to hide shoes, (the game already has check boxes to hide your helmet, shoulders, gloves and backpack) but for whatever reason the people who decide on those types of options (not sure of the job title) wouldn't allow it.

One of the people who make new items agreed it should be an option, so they made invisible boots as a work-around and because a new item goes through a different approval process to a new setting that got approved and added to the game. They're a stupidly rare drop and therefore expensive to buy from other players, but it's there.

Hiding boots is a GREAT option, and was one of the things you could hide in WoW. Which was excellent, as my character does not wear shoes. :)
    Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm confused by what they mean as Hide Shoulders being an item though. I would think it would be simpler to enable the UI option like hide helmets, which makes me think this thing might be a consumable.

edit: hadn't thought of a style motif. Hopefully that is what they mean.
    Edited by Finedaible on January 28, 2023 12:16AM
  • Dragonlord573
    Dragonlord573
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just figuring it's gonna be a style page of some invisible shoulders.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just figuring it's gonna be a style page of some invisible shoulders.

It is the most sensible thing. So hopefully that's what it is.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Could be like the invisible bit of equipment they sell in FF14 to be used with your glamours.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This would have excited me a couple of years ago, but costume design is so bad in ESO I just kept working at it till I found Assassins league armor. The shoulder are a large round collar.
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally!

What about hip flaps?
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's, really weird. Why would they make it into an item instead of just a part of the outfit system...

Unless they plan to steadily give us all the hide slot options, but as style pages or tokens we'll need to earn and collect over time. I guess they don't want to just GIVE us every shiny. Make us work a little for it.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BretonMage wrote: »
    Finally!

What about hip flaps?

Hopefully hip and crotch flaps are next.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@NotaDaedraWorshipper I don’t know what chest style you’re going with, but for belt I’ve used Xivkyn on my Star-Gazer (read: Imperial motif) outfit and it clips under the chest piece making it effectively invisible.

Can’t help with the hip flaps.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hip and crotch flaps are parts of the chest models, there wouldn't be a way to hide those independently of the rest of the chest piece. All we can hope for is future styles where they're not added.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

Seems strange.

Ha! Great story. Politics are everywhere. :) And given how long it's taken for us to get this, you might very well be right.

Or they are running out of ideas for unique event rewards and are just trying to find ways to tie things that people want to the events.

Glad it's coming as an option but it does seem to be a very odd choice.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like they really did add the most requested feature, after all.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless this is some consumable item. Because if so, [snip] that. It better just be some unluck for outfits just like the head is.

for belt try Orc medium, it is almost invisible on xbox.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 28, 2023 12:28PM
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I imagine it'll be some kind of invisible shoulder motif we can equip and the event merchant assistant is simply the most convenient way to make it available to everyone.

If so I hope they add invisible motifs for all armor slots down the line.

Sometimes I really don't want to wear gloves/shoes.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wildstar had an option to hide every slot. You could add skin of any armour piece and weapon to account wide holo-wardrobe. (And exploit a clitch to remove late addition tighty whites from Chua and gold plating from Mechari.) That's why I do not bother with ESO outfitting, I've been spoiled.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grizzbeorn wrote: »
    From my understanding we will need some item sold by the impressario assistant

I wouldn't hold my breath on that, if that's how they plan to do this.
    They told us a while back that they were going to add a persistent item to his inventory (a recipe needed to assemble a firepot spider pet from one of the events), and even told us when it would be added (in time for the next event following the one when the parts and recipe for the pet were actively available for tickets), but that time has long passed and they still haven't added that item yet.

They have the item. I suspect you need the 3 parts in your inventory to see it, if you don't. But I got the Firepot spider assembled last event.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on January 28, 2023 6:52AM