Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Add-On Recommendation List and FAQ

• Anex
    Anex
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh an addon for timestamps! yay! Would love to see notifications in chat for when friends login and out (along with guild members)
    Assassination/ Dual Wield Specced Stamina-based Nightblade, because I like Hardmode apparently
    Twitter | Raptr | Twitch.TV
    Options
  • Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭
    Added a new add-on to the list and it's a great one. Librarian , in the miscellaneous category, it's function is to record for later reading, every book you find.
    Options
  • Blackzombie
    Blackzombie
    Soul Shriven
    Hey i have no idea how to do these things but i think one thing that would useful would be when your crafting a weapon or armour -you can see what your currently wearing /using ,also are you allowed to mod the ui/Inventory becouse it's far to Console based .
    Options
  • Blackzombie
    Blackzombie
    Soul Shriven
    Can anyone make a mod that will keep me in the game and not disconnect after 20 minutes
    Options
  • Cairenn
    Cairenn
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone make a mod that will keep me in the game and not disconnect after 20 minutes
    Don't quote me on this, but I highly doubt this is possible. And if it is possible with the API as it currently stands, I don't see ZO allowing it to stay. Much too easy to be exploited.

Cairenn
    Co-founder & Administrator
    ESOUI
    Options
  • Tueland
    Tueland

Eso Auto Afk
    scxb9w.jpg

Nifty little addon :smile:
    Edited by Tueland on April 11, 2014 1:58PM
    Options
  • Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭
    3 new add-ons, Nog's Simple Crafting Tooltip in the crafting category, HarvestMap the add-on formerly known as Esoheadmarkers and Guild Store Search, both in the UI category. Have fun. :)
    Options
  • Vantor
    Vantor
    ✭✭✭
    I would also suggest switching Research Assistant with Research Assistant Remix, though i haven't checked for compatibility with Inventory Grid View.
    Edited by Vantor on April 12, 2014 10:27AM
    Invictus EU Guild Officer
    Options
  • Vil
    Vil
    ✭✭✭
    Left_Hand wrote: »
    Added a new add-on to the list and it's a great one. Librarian , in the miscellaneous category, it's function is to record for later reading, every book you find.

I saw this one. But isn't there already a skill for this ingame? Called edlactic memory or something, acquired through mages guild.
    Options
  • Vil
    Vil
    ✭✭✭
    Tajin wrote: »
    Thanks for featuring "AutoEmote" on your list!

FYI: I've just released an updated version(v1.1) of it.

I love this addon. Big kudos! :smile:
    Options
  • Foul_Corsair
    Foul_Corsair
    ✭✭✭
    @wayrestb16_ESO How can it be a 'cheat' when the dev's allow addons on of this nature. If it was a cheat, don't you think they would have jumped all over it by now?

Here's the dictonary definition of Cheating -

: to break a rule or law usually to gain an advantage at something
    : to take something from (someone) by lying or breaking a rule
    : to prevent (someone) from having something that he or she deserves or was expecting to get
    would ya mind if I fired me cannon through your porthole?
    Options
  • Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭
    Vil wrote: »
    Left_Hand wrote: »

I saw this one. But isn't there already a skill for this ingame? Called edlactic memory or something, acquired through mages guild.

You can read the lore books from the ingame interface, but not sure about the rest of the books. I'm still only level 24, so havent gotten around to seeing all the skills. :)
    Options
  • Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭
    Added 3 new add-ons, the wonderful Khajiit speak in the roleplaying category, the very useful TreasureMaps in the UI category, and the handy InventoryMod in the... inventory category. :)
    Options
  • Vantor
    Vantor
    ✭✭✭
    I would also suggest ZrMM - Modified. More options for the minimap.
    Options
  • alykitcat
    alykitcat
    Is there an add on that will record locations in cyrodiil?
    Options
  • Varivox9
    Varivox9
    ✭✭✭
    alykitcat wrote: »

omg, I would love this!

Options
  • Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭
    Added some new add-ons to the list: Advanced AutoLoot , MundusMap and ZrMM - Modified to the UI category, as well as DerpURL to the chat category.
    Options
  • Vantor
    Vantor
    ✭✭✭
    Another suggestion for the crafting section is AI Research Grid.
    Options
  • Aiiane
    Aiiane
    ✭✭✭
    alykitcat wrote: »

You don't need an addon for this. When viewing the map in Cyrodil, look on the right side (outside the rendered map area). There's some icons at the top-right; click the one to go to the map key, and you can enable 'Objectives' which will make them show up on the map just like they do outside of Cyrodil.

Aiiane, Aldmeri Dominion, Auriel's Bow, NA ☆ Twitter
    Options
  • Kaniption
    Kaniption
    Thanks for the recommendation! I was a long time WoW player and was an end game tank. I started playing Skyrim on my Xbox about 2 years ago and got pretty decent. Looking forward to this game and glad there are addons - and a recommendation list to help me get started. I'm curious to know though if there is something such as Curse Client where I can easily download, install and maintain all my addons?

Update: Curse Client will help you find addons and download/install them for you just like in WoW or other games you've used it in. So if some of these addons are on curse then it is a handy addon. Not all addons are on curse, you'll have to go through Minion as the author describes on page 1 for the others.

Also, I'll be looking for an alliance to join and hopefully can find one ran and primarily filled with adults. :)
    Edited by Kaniption on April 21, 2014 1:18AM
    Options
  • Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭
    Added two new add-ons, Trade Sales History in the UI category and War Genesis Character Bars in the combat assist category.
    Kaniption wrote: »
    Thanks for the recommendation! I was a long time WoW player and was an end game tank. I started playing Skyrim on my Xbox about 2 years ago and got pretty decent. Looking forward to this game and glad there are addons - and a recommendation list to help me get started. I'm curious to know though if there is something such as Curse Client where I can easily download, install and maintain all my addons?

Update: Curse Client will help you find addons and download/install them for you just like in WoW or other games you've used it in. So if some of these addons are on curse then it is a handy addon. Not all addons are on curse, you'll have to go through Minion as the author describes on page 1 for the others.

Your welcome, it's no problem maintaining this list for all of those who find it useful, especially new player who haven't heard of add-ons or where you can download them.

Regarding curse, while they have now added ESO to their client support, as not all these add-ons are still not hosted there, i still prefer to list ESOUI as my main add-on download source, plus their site is much easier to navigate and keep updated in regards to new or updated add-ons, which for me is a big plus.
    Edited by Left_Hand on April 21, 2014 9:20AM
    Options
  • Velou
    Velou
    ✭✭✭
    Are there any alternatives for FTC? With the newest update, the %numbers are deleted if I play with the default unit frames. Sadly, this was the only reason for me to use FTC ...
    Options
  • User3rr0r
    User3rr0r
    Tueland wrote: »

Eso Auto Afk
    scxb9w.jpg

Nifty little addon :smile:

Haha

Reminds me of leveling my acrobatics in Morrowind by jumping into a canal that was in one of the first cities, I think, and swimming into a corner by rubber banding the xbox joystick.
    Options
  • Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭
    Velou wrote: »
    Are there any alternatives for FTC? With the newest update, the %numbers are deleted if I play with the default unit frames. Sadly, this was the only reason for me to use FTC ...

This is a good alternative, often use it, has group frames as well.

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info179-WarGenesisCharacterBars.html
    Options
  • Velou
    Velou
    ✭✭✭
    @Left_Hand Thank you. But that's not what I'm looking for. I don't like this little ugly box for stamina/health/magika etc.
    Options
  • Cairenn
    Cairenn
    ✭✭✭
    Kaniption wrote: »
    I'm curious to know though if there is something such as Curse Client where I can easily download, install and maintain all my addons?
    Minion is our (ESOUI.com) addon manager, same concept as the Curse Client you reference.

Cairenn
    Co-founder & Administrator
    ESOUI
    Options
  • poochie
    poochie
    ✭✭✭
    4 pages of Esohead or ESOUI but not a word on NMM. Anyone use that instead?
    Edited by poochie on April 21, 2014 8:02PM
    Options
  • Aiiane
    Aiiane
    ✭✭✭
    Velou wrote: »

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info199-Azurah-InterfaceEnhanced.html
    Aiiane, Aldmeri Dominion, Auriel's Bow, NA ☆ Twitter
    Options
  • Blackzombie
    Blackzombie
    Soul Shriven
    thanks for that link Aiiane great website :smiley:
    Edited by Blackzombie on April 22, 2014 7:57AM
    Options
  • Velou
    Velou
    ✭✭✭