The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Add-On Recommendation List and FAQ

• Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭
    WhiteQueen wrote: »
    While I think there is a place for Add-ons that enhance the the existing UI shortcomings, I think the ESO Head Marker Add-on is not something that should be used or available.
    It puts other players who do not have the add-on installed at a disadvantage.
    Players who have the add-on will be able to exploit the resource nodes and treasure chests.
    My other concern would be, would this Add-on also help potential "harvest Bots"?

IMHO, the Map add-on isn't really game-breaking. It just notes where and what you harvested at that spot. It's like you having a digital photographic memory. Now, if it collated and shared information between players, that might be game-breaking.

Was talking with my brother, we spent last night playing and even tho i had the esohead marker add-on i was using it mostly for gathering purposes, but he said that it was showing all the skyshards on the map, even those that were not discovered yet, so the marker information can indeed be shared and an "follow the waypoint to loot add-on" could indeed be developed in the future.

Anyways, updating the original thread to mention this fact.
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Left_Hand wrote: »
    Fair enough, ill try to be more inclusive, i started this post with the intention of just sharing the add-ons i was currently using and as a short guide for new players who are not familiar with how sites like ESOUI and add-ons in general work. Far from me to act as a pretentious *** and pick and choose between so many good options.

That being said, i'm thinking of restructuring it into a more useful format with addon categories and different alternatives for each, that i will test and give my own take on them.
    Sorry, I didn't mean it to come off that way if it did. What I was referring to was a generic "this is a thread about addons, how to use them, etc" should stay relatively unbiased, for the sake of presentation. Adding bias, IE: opinion, lowers the perceived "value" of the thread in a "generic" sense. It was just advice, that's all. Would've had the same post from me regardless of the list of addons you'd included in the OP. Just trying to help. :)
  • epoling
    epoling
    ✭✭✭✭
    They can't see any personal information about your or your computer. They can only see what the game's API gives them and it doesn't provide anything that would put you at risk. Now, if you run a 3rd party desktop app for them, THAT could potentially see things about your computer. But addons cannot. SavedVariables files are 100% safe to share.
    [/quote]
    All I know is I have been burned in the past by .LUA scripts. I used an add-on from I name I recognized and thought was trustworthy. They managed to scrape a lot of personal non-related stuff from my hard drive and send it out. I don't know how they coded it but it happened. I ended up checking the file they were reading and saw what they were reading off my drive - browser password caches, browser history, cookie files, even copying off my Quicken data files. (I don't think they could use them with the encryption I use, but worrying.) While I am still willing to use add-ons that don't want my data, I won't send anything out using that format.

• Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    epoling wrote: »
    All I know is I have been burned in the past by .LUA scripts. I used an add-on from I name I recognized and thought was trustworthy. They managed to scrape a lot of personal non-related stuff from my hard drive and send it out. I don't know how they coded it but it happened. I ended up checking the file they were reading and saw what they were reading off my drive - browser password caches, browser history, cookie files, even copying off my Quicken data files. (I don't think they could use them with the encryption I use, but worrying.) While I am still willing to use add-ons that don't want my data, I won't send anything out using that format.
    ZOS has locked down the Lua functionality so that it cannot read external files or interact with external objects or programs. Lua, for TESO, can only talk to the game's API and nothing more.

Lua has to be executed by the game client. It does nothing on its own. The game client has a Lua engine built into it which enables/disables Lua functions & features at ZOS's discretion (as with every game developer, actually). Perhaps not every game company has been savvy enough to lock those kind of things down but ZOS has. You're safe. I can't even read a text file with Lua in this game. The only "exit" I have for data is to SavedVariables. And I can only gather information the game API hands me... which includes 0 personal information of any kind.
  • Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭
    Updated and reformated the thread into a more useful post. If anyone wants to recommend additional add-ons for me to add, please do so. :)
    Edited by Left_Hand on April 2, 2014 11:45PM
  • Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭
    Added a bunch of new add-ons to the list.
  • Feimerdre
    Feimerdre
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome work, man.
    You maybe want to add curse.com and Curse Client to your list?
    curse.com is listing add-ons in pretty many online games and offers a client that is actively monitoring any updates to installed addons as well as it is capable of doing a oneclick installation for downloaded addons without you copying files somewhere in your system.
  • Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭
    Feimerdre wrote: »
    Awesome work, man.
    You maybe want to add curse.com and Curse Client to your list?
    curse.com is listing add-ons in pretty many online games and offers a client that is actively monitoring any updates to installed addons as well as it is capable of doing a oneclick installation for downloaded addons without you copying files somewhere in your system.

Good point, i use Curse regularly to download and update my The Secret World add-ons, but when i started playing the ESO beta's they didn't seem to have as many add-on's as ESOUI or download client support.

Ill take a look at their add-on database and provide alternative links to the ESOUI ones, for every add-on i have listed.
    Edited by Left_Hand on April 3, 2014 10:29AM
  • Cairenn
    Cairenn
    ✭✭✭
    Don't feel obligated. ;):p
    Cairenn
    Co-founder & Administrator
    ESOUI
  • Tyetus
    Tyetus
    Soul Shriven
    Awesome guide :) I might have to give that ESOUI site a shot, as i'm having an issue where Curse client isn't listing any addons (it makes it a bit more hectic to search and install ... )
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    So, what would be the top 5 Add-on's in everyone's opinion?
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyetus wrote: »
    Awesome guide :) I might have to give that ESOUI site a shot, as i'm having an issue where Curse client isn't listing any addons (it makes it a bit more hectic to search and install ... )
    Curse has really missed the ball on TESO. ESOUI at least takes the game seriously. Curse client doesn't even recognize the game properly.
  • Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭
    Kyosji wrote: »
    So, what would be the top 5 Add-on's in everyone's opinion?

I would be hard pressed to choose a for top 5 add-on list, the Mini-map add-on is probably the most useful for me while navigating and exploring the world, i view as at least one of the essential add-ons i would recommend for anyone.
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Left_Hand wrote: »
    I would be hard pressed to choose a for top 5 add-on list, the Mini-map add-on is probably the most useful for me while navigating and exploring the world, i view as at least one of the essential add-ons i would recommend for anyone.
    I totally see and understand that... I personally prefer the compass now that I'm used to it. Tried the minimap and very quickly got rid of it. (just to show how different personal preferences can be).
    Edited by Wykkyd on April 3, 2014 2:17PM
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Wykkyd, has the quest tracker been fixed to work with the games API?

Also, for anyone that knows, where is this mini map I'm hearing about, and are there any stable maps that log the sky shards and node locations?
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just now building my own Quest Tracker... if you mean the one Zerorez has published, I'm not affiliated with it and no longer use it. Didn't suit my preferences.
  • Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭
    Also, for anyone that knows, where is this mini map I'm hearing about, and are there any stable maps that log the sky shards and node locations?

First page of the thread under the user interface category, ZrMiniMap, or just go here.
  • skyrimb16_ESO6
    Thanks for taking the time and sharing this information!
  • Morgothax
    Morgothax
    Modders can make ESO a dream like every TES game!
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    Wykkyd wrote: »
    I'm just now building my own Quest Tracker... if you mean the one Zerorez has published, I'm not affiliated with it and no longer use it. Didn't suit my preferences.

I was referring to this one:
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info13-WykkydsQuestTools.html
  • Woogawoman
    Woogawoman
    ✭✭✭
    Commenting because I can't figure out how to "save" this thread for future viewing. This way I can go view my comments via my profile and find it again. :D
    Aetherium Oblivion Alliance - 40+ Mature Gamers Guild (NA)
  • psychounz
    psychounz
    ✭✭✭
    Commenting because I can't figure out how to "save" this thread for future viewing. This way I can go view my comments via my profile and find it again. :D

@melifoonub18_ESO‌: At the top of the OP in the upper right hand corner there is a star. Click it and it will bookmark the thread for you :3
  • Woogawoman
    Woogawoman
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks! Unfortunately, I have no star there. I suspect it's something to do with me being one of the lucky ones whose user name was borked during the migration from beta forums. Various things seem to be missing/disabled all over the place.

I now return you to your previously scheduled topic.... :)
    Aetherium Oblivion Alliance - 40+ Mature Gamers Guild (NA)
  • psychounz
    psychounz
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, really? Bummer :/
  • Feimerdre
    Feimerdre
    ✭✭✭✭
    Curse has really missed the ball on TESO. ESOUI at least takes the game seriously. Curse client doesn't even recognize the game properly.

On curse support site it says TESO is listed. It wont take long till its fully supported. On the website there are already 25 addons listed, many of those are mentioned in the opening post.
    So be patient. TESO official release is 2morrow. Curse wont take all too long to catch up I am pretty sure.
  • Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks! Unfortunately, I have no star there. I suspect it's something to do with me being one of the lucky ones whose user name was borked during the migration from beta forums. Various things seem to be missing/disabled all over the place.

I now return you to your previously scheduled topic.... :)

Whenever you comment on a thread you automatically subscribe to it, so any time someone comments on it the system gives you a notice, also you can check the threads you comment in, in your profile. That is how i keep track of things myself :)
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was referring to this one:
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info13-WykkydsQuestTools.html

It works well. It's getting enhanced right now (I should be able to finish it up late tonight).

Features (itallics are coming with the update):
    • /qt always share (shares every quest you get with your group)
    • /qta (abandons last quest grabbed)
    • /qta # (abandons quest identified by #; the questIndex shown in /qt list)
    • /qts (shares last quest grabbed)
    • /qts # (shares quest identified by #; the questIndex shown in /qt list)
    • /qt list (lists all quests you have, sorted by zone... with questIndex #)
    • /qt list 50 (would search for quests level 50)
    • /qt list Bob (would search for quests with the word Bob in the name)
    • /qt always track (will always set the focus tracker to the last quest grabbed)
    • /qtt (will track last quest)
    • /qtt # (tracks quest identified by #; the questIndex shown in /qt list)
    • /qt tracker (replaces in-game quest tracker with super awesome multi-quest tracker; also enable-able via settings)
    • Settings Menu Quest Tools will finally show up there and no longer be command-line only
    • /qt always accept (set Quest Tools to always accept shared quests; this will be far more configurable via the Settings Menu)

forgot about the less used features (which I forget the command for) that let you auto-abandon a specific quest, or auto-share a specific quest whenever you see it. Handy for "quest share spammers" who might come into Cyrodiil, join a raid and spam some unpopular quest to the raid, etc.
    Edited by Wykkyd on April 3, 2014 5:58PM
  • Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭
    Updated the thread with a few new add-ons, Dragon Loot, an alternative to LootDrop, Clarity, an excelent add-on to customize your UI, and Weapon Charge Alert, a great add-on to warn you when your weapon is running low on juice.
  • Rytfield
    Rytfield
    ✭✭✭
    Nice list Lefty and nice addons Wykkyd. Keep it up! :)
    Edited by Rytfield on April 3, 2014 6:15PM
  • psychounz
    psychounz
    ✭✭✭
    This is a great guide @Left_Hand‌ (and, also, yayforlefties!), thanks! Is it pretty easy to add add-ons? I'm planing on trying a few of these tonight but I haven't looked into it in-depth (just your thread and browsing ESOUI a bit).