The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Add-On Recommendation List and FAQ

• Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭
    psychounz wrote: »
    This is a great guide @Left_Hand‌ (and, also, yayforlefties!), thanks! Is it pretty easy to add add-ons? I'm planing on trying a few of these tonight but I haven't looked into it in-depth (just your thread and browsing ESOUI a bit).

Thanks, you can check my FAQ section, first "spoiler" in the original post for info about how to install, couldn't be simpler. :)

• Feimerdre
    Feimerdre
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah basically just uncompress them in your Addon Folder that is located in your profile - url is given in @Left_Hand‌ post.
    You will see them when you restart the launcher after logging in at your Addons section on the left side of your character portrait. From there you can enable/disable them and set them to certain characters only if you want that.
  • psychounz
    psychounz
    ✭✭✭
    Sweet :3
  • Evergreen
    Evergreen
    ✭✭✭
    Kyosji wrote: »
    So, what would be the top 5 Add-on's in everyone's opinion?

From my experience the Esohead with EsoHeadMarkers addon has been invaluable in helping me gather resources more efficiently. If you're going to get into any sort of crafting you might appreciate that one.

The ZrMiniMap addon is awesome if you like minimaps to help you navigate without having to resort to checking the main map.

Of course Wykkyd's Framework addon and (Foundry Tactical Combat) addon FTC need no endorsement for how awesome they are.

ESOUI is a great site to get all of these addons as they give support to the authors and make donating easy.

These are my top 5 addons which have enhanced the gameplay experience for me and my deep appreciation goes out to all of the authors for their hard work. <3
  • Feimerdre
    Feimerdre
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minimap gave me an error yesterday when I checked it. But this was short before maintanance so I couldnt go deeper in this. Looked like it had problems with the resize functions. I will check back later.
  • Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭
    Added a couple of new add-ons to the list, Dovah Calendar an ingame calendar system based off Skyrim's which i put in the Roleplaying category, and Overcharge Info, a nice way to check on your stat diminishing returns, which i slotted into the combat assist category.

Edit: Regarding the Curse situation, i'm still reticent to add download links to their add-ons due to the slower update frequency and the fact that ESOUI has been providing more variety. Once Curse starts being more active ill be adding add-on download links to their site and download manager.
    Edited by Left_Hand on April 4, 2014 8:25AM
  • Tajin
    Tajin
    Thanks for featuring "AutoEmote" on your list!

FYI: I've just released an updated version(v1.1) of it.
  • psychounz
    psychounz
    ✭✭✭
    I'll have to grab AutoEmote! I put two add-ons on last night and they are FAB!
  • pjt15253
    pjt15253
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for featuring SpamFilter! The support is very much appreciated!
  • Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭
    Tajin wrote: »
    Thanks for featuring "AutoEmote" on your list!

FYI: I've just released an updated version(v1.1) of it.
    pjt15253 wrote: »
    Thank you for featuring SpamFilter! The support is very much appreciated!

No thanks needed, i'm just maintaining this list because add-ons addons? are something i always enjoying playing with in mmo's and as a new player have always looked for some guide about what was available and if it was worth it or not.

Now the concept worth is very relative, and this is afterall a list based on my personal tastes and other players recommendations, so i don't want people to either feel the need to say thanks or be offended.
  • Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭
    double post.
    Edited by Left_Hand on April 4, 2014 4:44PM
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    well at least that reccount aint showing people the dps of others else wed end up with a single class single build game already. I thanks the API for that at least
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭
    Updated the post with a few new add-ons. First Wykkd's updated Full immersion add-on on the User Interface category, as well as his Quest Tool's add-on in the quest category.

Two other add-ons i added were the Combat indicator add-on on the combat assist category and the Alchemist add-on in the crafting category.
    Edited by Left_Hand on April 5, 2014 3:47PM
  • Kontonno
    Kontonno
    Excellent. I hope to see this updated with time.
  • cwbush83
    cwbush83
    Great resource. Thanks for taking the time to put it together :-)
  • Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭
    Two new add-ons added, both in the chat category... Simple Chat Bubbles and Chat Watch, both add some much needed function to the ingame chat system.
  • Velou
    Velou
    ✭✭✭
    What happened to LootDrop? Can't find it anymore and it seems to be gone on all the sites o:
  • Pawkette
    Pawkette
    ✭✭✭
    @Velou I've removed it from esoui because people continue to be rude to me about not doing what they want. I'll continue working on it for my own use, but I don't want to support it anymore (or read comments about it).

All of my addons are released under MIT, and may be redistributed if people want to. All of my code is available on my github.
    I love Lua
    Mac: Pawkette< Templar, DC >
    PS4: Pawkette< Templar, AD >
  • rainith2000nub18_ESO
    Pawkette wrote: »
    @Velou I've removed it from esoui because people continue to be rude to me about not doing what they want. I'll continue working on it for my own use, but I don't want to support it anymore (or read comments about it).

All of my addons are released under MIT, and may be redistributed if people want to. All of my code is available on my github.

I'm very sorry to hear that. :( Please know that there are some people that are using it and find it incredibly useful as it is. I personally thank you for the work you have done to it up to whatever version it is that I have.
  • Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭

That is sad to read, people demand even when someone gives them something for free. I´ve removed LootDrop from the list. :(
  • antonyfrnb16_ESO

Its quite a shame but will it be kept up-to-date on your github?

• Velou
    Velou
    ✭✭✭
    @Pawkette That's so sad to hear ._. I really really hope you will change your mind someday.
  • Carde
    Carde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Pawkette don't let them bust your chops on it. If they want something they can request it, or make it themselves.
    Member of the Psijic Order PTS Group
  • trinta
    trinta
    ✭✭✭
    Carde wrote: »
    @Pawkette don't let them bust your chops on it. If they want something they can request it, or make it themselves.

They did request it. He threw a tantrum. It was kind of cute, really.
    Every time someone swears, it gets replaced with three asterisks. There's only one three-letter swear word that I know of. I read that in the place of every set of three asterisks. It makes for some amusing sentences.
  • wayrestb16_ESO
    While I think there is a place for Add-ons that enhance the the existing UI shortcomings, I think the ESO Head Marker Add-on is not something that should be used or available.
    It puts other players who do not have the add-on installed at a disadvantage.
    Players who have the add-on will be able to exploit the resource nodes and treasure chests.
    My other concern would be, would this Add-on also help potential "harvest Bots"?

I came here to post exactly this.

I want to stress that now we all need to use this add-on in order to be on a level playing field. Regardless of how people justify it, it's a cheat, and now we all need to cheat or be at a disadvantage.
  • Carde
    Carde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    trinta wrote: »
    Carde wrote: »

They did request it. He threw a tantrum. It was kind of cute, really.

Yeah but requests don't have to be acknowledged. Anything beyond a friendly request should result in a "*** you".
    Member of the Psijic Order PTS Group
  • trinta
    trinta
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think, "Hey, can you make the window repositionable?" really warrants that kind of thing.
    Every time someone swears, it gets replaced with three asterisks. There's only one three-letter swear word that I know of. I read that in the place of every set of three asterisks. It makes for some amusing sentences.
  • rainith2000nub18_ESO
    I want to stress that now we all need to use this add-on in order to be on a level playing field. Regardless of how people justify it, it's a cheat, and now we all need to cheat or be at a disadvantage.

Actually it isn't all that useful, so no need to get you knickers in a twist. The one thing I want it for (the skyshard markers) get overwritten with all the node markers as I grab everything in sight for crafting. Eventually the minimap becomes one big mess.
  • Pawkette
    Pawkette
    ✭✭✭
    trinta wrote: »
    I don't think, "Hey, can you make the window repositionable?" really warrants that kind of thing.

sounds about right.
    Edited by Pawkette on April 8, 2014 3:35AM
    I love Lua
    Mac: Pawkette< Templar, DC >
    PS4: Pawkette< Templar, AD >
  • Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭
    Added two new add-ons, Skyshards in the UI category, aims to help you find all them... skyshards. Simple Combat Alerts, in the combat assist category, helps you keep track of when to block, dodge or interrupt.