The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Does the current CP-system motivates you to level?

• SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still really want to gain levels (1.700+) but I'm not actively levelling anymore.
    If we could have 5 or 6 slottables per tree I think I would feel more motivated the next double experience events.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didnt care about my cp-level from the start
    I stopped caring around 800'CP or so back when that was the rough cap. By the time the new system was in, i was over 1500 CP. Now hovering a little over 2400 CP and I still make no effort to grind.
  • Foxtrot39
    Foxtrot39
    ✭✭✭✭
    I stopped caring after i reached around 1500cp (max level for passive skills)
    At this point your power level regarding CP has reached its limit, so no reason to actively farm your way to 3600 as you progress towards it no matter what anyway
  • tonyblack
    tonyblack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped carrying after 2000 cp. Nothing good to spend them on. Leveling feels kind of pointless and I don’t even use event buffs most of the time. Imho devs should have added more passives at least once a year instead of abandoning the whole system entirely.
  • IsharaMeradin
    IsharaMeradin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was excited to get CP points under the old system. Wanted to get myself to the point where I had unlocked all the stars. But then they changed it. The green tree is the only one that I bother to change if I think about it (swap between harvesting, fishing or moving faster). That tree still has some passives to fill out fully. The other trees already have the slotted stars maxed as well as the passives. When I remember to adjust the slotted green stars, I assign points wherever. Otherwise, I don't think about it.
    PC-NA / PC-EU
    ID @IsharaMeradin
    Characters NA
    Verin Jenet Eshava - Dark Elf Warden (main)
    Nerissa Valin - Imperial Necromancer (secondary)
    Lugsa-Lota-Stuph - Argonian Sorcerer
    Leanne Martin - Breton Templar
    Latash Gra-Ushaba - Orc Dragonknight
    Ishara Merádin - Redguard Nightblade
    Arylina Loreal - High Elf Sorcerer
    Sasha al'Therin - Nord Necromancer
    Paula Roseróbloom - Wood Elf Warden
    Ja'Linga - Khajiit Arcanist

Characters EU
    Shallan Veil - Wood Elf Warden

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
    Characters NA
    Ja'Sassy-Daro - Khajiit Nightblade
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am motivated to level until 3600cp just for sake of leveling
    I don't think I have all cp I need yet. Going to need around 2200
  • baltic1284
    baltic1284
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the CP stuff can just be put to levels for the character and points to be put in for that character in a far better system than CP that really doesn't do much, I didn't care for it from the start and still don't I barely even invest anything into it.
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a lot of characters at various levels, and I don't rush to level them up. I just let them level naturally as they adventure. I usually do solo content, so I'm not too worried about having the best gear or stats. I probably have unused CP right now, and I'm in no rush to use it. I don't want to feel pressure to gain CP either. In other words, I don't care about CP from the start, and I like it that way.
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need an option "Other".

I kept leveling up my CPs until I obtained the passive & active boons I wanted with priority. So, I have the passive of interest to me and a choice of 12 actives to set up full bar. Once I had this set up, I stopped caring.

I don't even think that I have all passive. Would have to check. I also don't know what total of CPs it gives, as I still don't understand where to pick that info... :D

I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • AlterBlika
    AlterBlika
    ✭✭✭✭
    1300cp, have all important (for me at least) passives and 4 slottables in each tree. I don't grind exp after CP 2.0, and the content I play usually don't give that many. In terms of power I like the old system more. Not even sure if I could ever reach 2000.
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    More skills should be set as passives, or if they wish to retain the champion bar, there should be more than four perks per celestial section. Four feels very limiting.
  • opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Levelling up a new character recently, made me realise how much I missed the new level animation you got from 1-50. It felt like an actual achievement. I barely notice when I get a CP point.
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am motivated to level until 3600cp just for sake of leveling
    I like levelling up, it feels like progression for the character, I actually wish your highest level didn't automatically cross over to all your characters - it kind of feels like cheating. So while I like levelling, I'm in no rush to hit 3600, because when I get there, that's when my motivation to play will definitely diminish - so I never use XP scrolls these days. (I really don't get the people who have to max out their character level asap)
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, and I'm fine with that really. Grinding exp is the most mind numbing gaming activity ever.
  • LesserCircle
    LesserCircle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think 3600 is a ridiculously high goal with nothing to gain by reaching it. I assign my points about once a week just so I stop seeing that I have unspent points, but I'm just putting them into whatever I think I may want to slot some day but probably won't.

I do like the current CP system a lot better than the previous and wish they would pare it down and simplify it even more, but when I think of having to redo all of it on all my characters I'd rather just keep it as it is.

How do you like it more than the old one if you want them to simplify it more? The old one was more simple without having to care about slottables for fast gathering for example.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've never been one to care about leveling as quickly as possible or for the sake of leveling. My guild even poked light-hearted fun at me back when CP 810 was the cap because basically everyone in the guild was at cap except for me for the longest time. LOL

Now that I am CP 1500-something, I especially don't care because now I find myself without things to even spend the points on anymore, same for skill points. Of particular issue is the blue tree - feels like 90% of it are slottables instead of passives and you can only have four slotted at a time, so... I've nothing to put the points into. I'm not gonna sit there and shuffle combat slottables around, like I am forced to do for the green tree (Going fishing? Slot those. Going thieving? Slot those, etc).
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am motivated to level until 3600cp, because i can switch my cp-tree without gold cost (Tank/DD/Heal or thieving/farming)
    Motivated is too strong a word but it is the closest answer that matches me in the poll.

While I have the armory and use it and love it, it comes with its own challenges. Repeatedly having to re-slot something in the quick wheel because I made the change after I made temporary changes I don't want saved to the build, for example.

So I do get some mild satisfaction from unlocking enough cp to keep more than just the critical ones I need for my current build unlocked. It allows me to feel still like it matters when I get a notification that I gained a point, which is nice since AwA took away a lot of game acknowledgements. However it doesn't motivate me enough to focus on leveling or grind towards a number or anything. I definitely feel that most of my character growth now comes from unlocking abilities, skill lines, etc (working towards Mages Guild on alts for example), for better or for worse.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I feel like I have everything I need already. I also wasn't a fan of the new CP system; I hate the messy pick and choose style of it all. Since I have to slot certain things for my build, it also made me upset that I had to go without some things that I had access to before. I definitely don't go out of my way to level cp and barely notice when I do get a point to spend just because I really do not care haha
  • KilianDermoth
    KilianDermoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    No and in my opinion its a really damn good thing that you finally can reach a level where it doesnt matter!
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think like most players, once I hit ~1500CP, I stopped worrying about leveling and just play the game. Between 1500 - 1600 CP you have enough CP to setup a character however you want. The extra CP is just that, extra CP.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New system sucks in that you can't fully utilize all the CP you have at any one time. Old system was better. So many bad game changes in recent years. So many.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have about 1800 CP. Red and blue trees have lost my interest entirely because it's probably literally going to take years to fill everything out. Only tree I want CP for is the green one, because it gives me gains I can actually feel, but I refuse to pursue leveling because the green tree requires entirely too much micromanagement in the moment to moment activities and I'm honestly over it. Not being able to choose where I spend my points exacerbates things. I have a whole bunch in the other trees, unspent and rotting, because it's not enough to actually do anything with in them.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you like it more than the old one if you want them to simplify it more? The old one was more simple without having to care about slottables for fast gathering for example.

I found the old one cumbersome. It's much easier to open a constellation now and see all of its options on one screen without having to dig around in multiple trees.

I also understand the options better and can make my own choices for how I like to play rather than depending on others suggested setups.

I just wish they would consolidate some of the choices so there are less to choose from, make more passive, and lower the max CP number to something that won't take several years to reach.
    Edited by SilverBride on November 30, 2022 5:14PM
    PCNA
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every so often, I remember that I should go to the tree and assign some points. I might have 900? Meh, whatever.
  • Malkiv
    Malkiv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With CP 1.0, I chased each cap increase, but didn't really care about inflating the CP number its self. Same for the CP 2.0 switch. I was already almost 1300 at that point, and really only chased the blue tree passives. I never did any xp grinding, though, since VR was changed to CP.
    PC-NA | PvP (Gray Host & BGs) | PvE (vTrials & vDGs)
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Once you hit like 1680 you can do basically any setup for any build. At that point you stop caring really. Now I'm sure they will add something in later so being at 3600 will be an advantage, but for now meh.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's frustrating that the developers seem to have lost interest in adding to or balancing the CP stars.

As an easy example, take the inherent weakness of the +Magicka (or Stamina) stars from the Warfare try and compare that to the +10% Critical Damage star. There is NO reason whatsoever to choose the +Magicka star if you're building damage. And even if you were building Max Magicka the +Magicka star is barely more than a single set bonus line! Why would you waste 1/4 of your precious Warfare stars on such a measly and finite bonus (especially now that resource pools barely scale)?

In a more balanced system that presented attractive competing options (rather than the "least worst" that we have now), the +Magicka star would either be a %-based mod or a value that actually moves the needle for stacking Max Magicka, something like +5000 Magicka.

And that is just examining the deficiency of the +Magicka star. Most of the Warfare CP stars are under-powered and are in similar need of a good jazzing-up.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 2 accounts, cp1800 and cp900.

The second feels almost as strong as the first since I reached maybe cp840, focus on worldbosses.
    So I no longer grind CP already now. Any more CP just go to minor stars, like the one that slightly increases crit chance (one of those that were drastically nerfed).
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really care about CP anymore. Once I get my 4 slots unlocked there is no reason to really focus on it.

"𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think 3600 is a ridiculously high goal with nothing to gain by reaching it. .

For a character that does only one thing, that is very true. But for a character that does more than one role and does PvP having more points is better. For a character that does all three roles and PvP, the entire 3600 points are best.

So for most, 3600 points do not offer an incentive. The more roles and activities a player does with a single character, the more incentive they have to level up CP.

But then again, who wants a perpetual leveling system? That is such an unimportant part of enjoying the game. I prefer to focus on what is fun rather than grinding.
    Edited by Amottica on November 30, 2022 6:38PM