The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Does the current CP-system motivates you to level?

• Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt care about my cp-level from the start
    Since the new CP system is implemented, I stopped caring about levels. Before I was CP810,now I am 1800 and it does not feel any different.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped caring after i reached around 1500cp (max level for passive skills)
    Amottica wrote: »
    I think 3600 is a ridiculously high goal with nothing to gain by reaching it. .

For a character that does only one thing, that is very true. But for a character that does more than one role and does PvP having more points is better. For a character that does all three roles and PvP, the entire 3600 points are best.

I don't just do one thing. I quest, and I do World Bosses and Harrowstorms and Vent dailies, and I play ToT, and I am in a trade guild and sell daily, and I do writs and endeavors every day, and I craft furnishings, and I'm into housing and participate in our guild's housing contests, and I've recently done a couple of battlegrounds and some PvP in Cyrodiil with a friend. And I think 3600 XP is too much.
    Edited by SilverBride on November 30, 2022 7:51PM
    PCNA
  • derkaiserliche
    derkaiserliche
    ✭✭✭✭
    The poll is a pretty sad statement regarding the motivation to level.

ZOS needs to survive the motivation for players to reach the max cp level, so the players keep being active and keep focused on the game. That should be rewarding in terms of the monthly subscriptions and the crown store too.

Lets all hope they work on it soon, so our goal will be to reach 3.6k cp soon.

• Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vehemently dislike CP 2.0; the having to put points in stars I don't want in order to reach those that I do, the obscene lack of passives in the Crafting tree being the two unforgiveables. The overall power is diminished from the previous system (and has been nerfed many times since its implementation), which doesn't necessarily bother me; but any game that wishes to be progression-based has to provide ways, if not primarily in sheer power or mitigation, to at least reward players for getting tangibly better the more they engage in a certain activity. This system falls woefully short, so leveling is at the bottom of the list of why I play (not even on the list, really).
  • AinSoph
    AinSoph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After getting all the passives, there is genuinely no incentive other than max CP (status symbol?) or more star selection (mainly green tree/pvp, extremely small convenience), not even milestone rewards.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wanted to get the passives, so I'm not worried about reaching 3600 fast, of course it would be nice to swap cp without re-distributing them, but I wouldn't actively farm points just for that. I'll get there when I get there.
  • Kingsindarkness
    Kingsindarkness
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ignore cp I basically play in a costume with a grey weapon. :)
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's too many slottables and not enough passives to spend CP on.
    🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • ❄️ 🛡️ EP - Elísabet Skull-Smasher, Thane of Falkreath / Nord StamDen (Tank)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🔨 EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🏹 AD - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)