The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Community questions concerning ESO

Billium813
Billium813
✭✭✭✭✭
The purpose of this thread is to try to compile questions the community wants answered in a Q&A. This thread is meant to be supplemental to the So whatever happened to that Q&A? thread, which is more about "Will they ever have a Q&A", not "What questions would we want to ask".

All that being said, I would like to impose some rules for this thread, if I may, to try to keep it on track and not lose sight of the questions:
  1. Post 1 question you wish that ZOS staff would answer. Multiple posts for different questions is fine.
  2. Keep the question as simple as possible; a limit of ~20-30 words would be best. Remember, it must be easy to read so that it can be asked to a person without needing an essay setting up the question! Keep the questions as simple as possible.
  3. DO NOT REPLY TO POSTS OR TRY TO ANSWER QUESTIONS; this thread is not meant to be open to discussing the validity of individual questions or answer individual questions. If the question was answered somewhere already (like PTS patch notes), but that question gets many votes, that says something about ZOS communication and how players get information! Let the question stand on its own and allow community votes to indicate how important the question is to the community
  4. Please refrain from asking
    • rhetorical or provocative questions (i.e. Why is ESO bad now? Why don't you listen to us? Why doesn't ZOS care?).
    • questions ZOS cannot answer or are too broad to be answerable (i.e. What is in the next DLC? When will you update PvP? Why did you do U35?).

Obviously, I don't have any power to moderate this thread, so I appreciate everyone trying to follow the rules above and in helping to compile a thoughtful list of questions concerning ESO and its direction. Hopefully, community voting will help illuminate what readers `Agree` are the most important questions to ask. Thank you.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Constructive topic, let's see how it long it lasts.

I'll add my main questions, since I feel like one is limiting given the current state of the ZOS/Community Relationship.

1. Did you see an uptick in end-game participation following U35?
    2. Was U35 part of a larger endeavor, and if so, what are other milestones in that development effort?
    3. What would final state of combat look like, if possible?
    4. For the code architecture revamp, what milestones have been reached and approximately how close is it to completion?
    5. For the server refresh, what milestones have been reached and approximately how close is it to completion?
    Edited by Destai on November 17, 2022 4:57PM
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can we have a detailed roadmap? And what would it look like?
  • mandricus
    mandricus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You modified Templar Jabs to better line up the skill's timing with weaving (after 8 years). On the very same patch, you nerfed significantly light attacks damage. Doesn't it seem a bit contradictory? Can you please explain better your thought process behind that decision?
  • mandricus
    mandricus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the states goals of the changes was to improve accessibility. Do you think that the game is more accessible today compared to what it was pre-u35? Can you please also tell us the target audience that you had in mind? New players, low level players, mid-tier players or everyone?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding U35, there were a number of balance changes made to improve accessibility of Veteran Group content as well as attempting (once again) to raise the floor and lower the ceiling on player damage numbers.
    • How are balance changes to combat and content tested prior to going on the PTS? Parsing, in-house progression teams, etc.?
    • How do the Devs define or talk about "accessibility" from a development perspective? What do the Devs consider the "floor" and the "ceiling" when it comes to targeted balance changes? By what metrics is this being measured and evaluated for success?
    • Did the final U35 patch changes successfully hit the metrics for accessibility and raising the floor/lowering the ceiling now that they've been Live for over three months?
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do any plans exist for improving the first person view experience?
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can there please be a review on accessibility?

Right now, the bright light flashes used in scrying and other features such as boss fights are creating access issues for some players. Can ZOS please review and consider an option to turn special lights effects on/off?
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why were we told months ago that there would be a Q&A addressing U35 combat changes, but it has yet to be published? Or if it’s not coming at all, why aren’t we being told so?
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest only one question per person as that will make people put more thought into the question. Listing a bunch of questions leads to a scattergun approach and lower-quality questions.

• Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will you please consider implementing better character tracking now that we can't use achievements for this purpose, such as a tab in the zone guide or quest journal showing completed quests in zones, and better map tracking on alts?
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When in first person with the Treasure hunter personality we don't see the torch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXxXpwxiVBc

Same with the scholar personality we don't see the book.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMFfnOl6nfo

Is this intended or a bug?
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why was Radiating Regeneration nerfed 40%? and has that met your goal? Was a further nerf to Rigor really needed? Is this it for nerfs to healing?

Edited by MidniteOwl1913 on November 17, 2022 4:33AM
    PS5/NA
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are we ever going to move away from set buffs/procs taking front seat in combat performance? I wish to see systems that change gameplay in compelling ways and reward good battle instincts, rather than either offering free damage VFX or requiring unreasonable micromanagement.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would you be willing to, in writing, promise that a Dr. Who crossover will never happen?

(edit: Amottica's suggestion is on point, one question per person would have been a preferable format for this kind of thread.)
    Edited by Dr_Con on November 17, 2022 1:33PM
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why were animations changed, especially with the policy of never changing existing assets (we were told this is why Timbercrow diaper wouldn’t be changed as well as the Seafaring hair which darkens hair by about 5 shades). Why was it okay to do this with animations, particularly like jabs that has been integral to an entire class since launch? This isn’t a cosmetic you can switch out for something else; it’s a key combat skill of the whole class and one that every templar will use at some point in the life of their character.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • SPR_of_HA_community
    SPR_of_HA_community
    ✭✭✭✭
    They changed some animations before it too and I do not like changes of them too.

DK poopfist and if I am not wrong animation of DK wings as example.

Poopfist was good, before they make it work like skill with 2parts, useless AOE and than normal range attacks.

Wings - skill was remade to some useless one and if I am not wrong animation was reverted.
    Edited by SPR_of_HA_community on November 17, 2022 2:13PM
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does the team determine when to make class and weapon skill changes, specifically for "balancing reasons" (community data? internal testing?)? How do you compare builds to determine something is over / under performing (dummy parsing? internal testing? dedicated trials groups?)?

It feels like there are many changes made that feel arbitrary to players (animation changes, accessibility changes, nerfs/buffs); in other words, no one seems to have been asking for that change.
  • VampirateV
    VampirateV
    ✭✭
    1. Can we expect an update to alchemy/potions that better aligns with the hybridization effort? (Like pots with combined brutality and sorcery) And if so, is there a timeline for it?

2. Is there anything in the works to address the issue of inventory management (since frequent changes to meta have resulted in the need to have multiple gear sets handy) like additional storage chests or bank inventory?

3. Since the root of the balance issues and their changes (and the uproar) are due to pvp and pve not being handled separately from each other: Would it be possible going forward, to implement combat changes according to their playstyle use (pve vs pvp)? If not, why?

4. Will players receive any warning when the higher-ups decide to retire the game, so that subscribers can plan accordingly with their subscription renewal?

5. How does zos define "accessibility"? Many players are still confused about whether it means the abstract accessibility of content, or the more concrete features to improve access to the game for folks with disabilities. And if it's the latter, are the devs currently (or open to) consulting players with disabilities to help create useful and meaningful features?
    Edited by VampirateV on November 18, 2022 5:35PM