Galen is literally covered by wayshrines, so you have to TP there to view the map. ZOS please

Barto92
Barto92
✭✭✭
There is zero space to zoom click Galen map without using wayshrines.

ytpmm5j6iodd.png
Edited by Barto92 on November 3, 2022 8:08AM
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Totally agree. One change that would help with this would be if the water outside Galen counted as Galen if you clicked on it. So that you could zoom in on Galen from the big map like with other zones.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
    Options
  • kevkj
    kevkj
    ✭✭✭✭
    The stopgap solution is to use the Zone List on the right side when you open your map/interact with the wayshrine and select Galen (you should be able see it without much scrolling).
    Options
  • zedalert
    zedalert
    Soul Shriven
    Why are these two new areas so small on the map? High Isle should be the same size as Summerset. Same as the new DLC, I don't know its name since half of the day I'm not able to play due to server maintenance and the other half of the day I'm getting frequent DCs.
    Options
  • Lucjan
    Lucjan
    ✭✭✭
    I always wondered why after so many years they have not yet included the option to show only the primary Wayshrine, hide dangeons, houses etc. There is an add-on that does that nicely (World Map Wayshrine Controller) and is actually THE most important one for me so I can't imagine how people without addons are supposed to deal with the small islands.
    Options
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kevkj wrote: »
    The stopgap solution is to use the Zone List on the right side when you open your map/interact with the wayshrine and select Galen (you should be able see it without much scrolling).

Stopgap?
    I thought the Zone List was the default way to navigate the map, and that, by default, it opens on the zone where you are currently standing and you choose where you want to go from the Zone list.
    Using the 'Tamriel' view as the main way to move around the map seems like a weird choice to me, precisely because of situations like this.

Or is this a console/gamepad thing? [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on November 3, 2022 12:08PM
      PC/NA Warden Main
      Options
    • kevkj
      kevkj
      ✭✭✭✭
      It's a stopgap for the OP, since it's obvious from their post that they navigate using the map view and not the zone list. I also use map view most of the time since I already got used to it, but use zone list for certain zones like Blackreach and High Isle/Galen.

There's quite a lot of people who don't even notice the zone list on the right side of their screen.
      Options
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      It's a stopgap for the OP, since it's obvious from their post that they navigate using the map view and not the zone list. I also use map view most of the time since I already got used to it, but use zone list for certain zones like Blackreach and High Isle/Galen.

There's quite a lot of people who don't even notice the zone list on the right side of their screen.

So (please excuse my ignorance), what is your process?

Do you open the map, then right-click to zoom-out to the Tamriel view, then choose your destination?
        PC/NA Warden Main
        Options
      • LadyLethalla
        LadyLethalla
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        If I'm doing surveys I'll open my map and scroll through the geographical list, alphabetically, then pick someone from the BMU list to port to, or else ride to a wayshrine if there's no one where I need to go. Same for questing and dailies.
        x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
        Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
        Options
      • Vulsahdaal
        Vulsahdaal
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        The way I deal with this is from list on right side, choose 'Location' (looks like pin) at the top then select area you wish to go to. I dont know if gamepad looks differently.

pfLwwkN.jpg
        Options
      • BlueRaven
        BlueRaven
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Barto92 wrote: »
        There is zero space to zoom click Galen map without using wayshrines.

ytpmm5j6iodd.png

Why are you using the world map?

I only use the world map only if I can’t think of the zone name. And even then I believe I can click on the zone to get a better view.

If anything Galen seems to have fewer wayshrines, to me anyway…
        Options
      • Snamyap
        Snamyap
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        Grizzbeorn wrote: »

So (please excuse my ignorance), what is your process?

Do you open the map, then right-click to zoom-out to the Tamriel view, then choose your destination?

That's what I do, and it's bloody annoying for High Isle as well. Maybe I'll try and get used to using the list.
        Options
      • HertoginJanneke
        HertoginJanneke
        ✭✭✭✭
        They should merge High Isle and Galen into one map. Maybe that helps.
        Edited by HertoginJanneke on November 3, 2022 12:01PM
        Options
      • Treeshka
        Treeshka
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I know that the High Isle and Galen is not as big as one of the Summerset Isle in Lore but the High Isle and Galen should appear bigger in world map just for quality of life.
        Edited by Treeshka on November 3, 2022 4:13PM
        Options
      • maximusrex45
        maximusrex45
        ✭✭✭✭
        They should have made High Isle and Galen insets on the world map, like Hawaii and Alaska often are on US Maps. That way it could have been zoomed in more.

Honestly, it feels to me like the world view of the map needs an update anyhow. The Oblivion realms should be grouped together, Artaeum should be near Summerset on the outer ring since they are related content, and Clockwork City should be by Morrowind.
        Options
      • ZOS_GinaBruno
        ZOS_GinaBruno
        Community Manager
        Thanks for the feedback and ideas, everyone. We've been looking at ways we can remedy this as well since there are so many icons in such a small area.
        Gina Bruno
        Senior Community Manager
        Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
        Options
        Staff Post
      • essi2
        essi2
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        This is a problem with the entire game map at this point, there are TP points covering practically the entire map view.

Which is why I've started using https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2672-VotansTamrielMap.html
        Edited by essi2 on November 3, 2022 12:53PM
        "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
        Options
      • Barto92
        Barto92
        ✭✭✭
        Thank you Gina!
        Options
      • BlueRaven
        BlueRaven
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Thank you Gina!

I have to ask again, why are you using the world map when zone maps exist?
        Options
      • dutchusuk
        dutchusuk
        ✭✭✭
        BlueRaven wrote: »
        Thank you Gina!

I have to ask again, why are you using the world map when zone maps exist?

I also dont́ understand I never use the world map, only the zone maps.
        Options
      • tomofhyrule
        tomofhyrule
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭
        One thing that could help here is if clicking on Y'ffelon would take you to the Galen/Y'ffelon map instead of the High Isle/Amenos map.

If you zoom in, there are no wayshrines on Y'ffelon so you can manage to click it. You've also got that small island just southeast of High Isle that's not on the local map but does still take you to the HI/Amenos map.
        Options
      • Nestor
        Nestor
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I do wish we could hide Wayshrines on the overall map as i sometimes use to refresh my memory on where zones are in relationship to each other. It would be easier to see.
        Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
        Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
      • Vevvev
        Vevvev
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I found a small part to click on above the North East wayshrine, but it's like a pixel big and hard to get to even on full zoom.
        PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
        Options
      • Tandor
        Tandor
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I don't understand the problem. Is it really the case that some players insist on accessing wayshrines from the world map instead of the zone map (which you can zoom in on if there are several overlapping icons)? Why?
        Options
      • BlueRaven
        BlueRaven
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Tandor wrote: »
        I don't understand the problem. Is it really the case that some players insist on accessing wayshrines from the world map instead of the zone map (which you can zoom in on if there are several overlapping icons)? Why?

Yeah. I am baffled by this as well. I am really intrigued about what the answer would be.
        Options
      • Snamyap
        Snamyap
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭

Nobody is insisting on using the world map, the problem is that I'm used to opening the zone map from the world map. But High Isle, and now Galen too, is just one big pile of clickables that it's hard to find a spot to click on to zoom in.
        Edited by Snamyap on November 3, 2022 4:16PM
        Options
      • Soarora
        Soarora
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭
        Snamyap wrote: »

Nobody is insisting on using the world map, the problem is that I'm used to opening the zone map from the world map. But High Isle, and now Galen too, is just one big pile of clickables that it's hard to find a spot to click on to zoom in.

I also use the world map to get to the zone maps. It's easier for me because I know where the zones are so I can quickly click into it rather than scroll through the list.
        PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
        Options
      • IsJustaGhost
        IsJustaGhost
        ✭✭
        It's really not an issue of other options being available. The issue is, the world map is an option and the not being able to click on the zone due to too many icons is a problem. And, this is not an issue for addons to solve.
        ZOS knows of it and are looking at ways to deal with it.
        Edited by IsJustaGhost on November 3, 2022 4:34PM
        Options
      • Kiralyn2000
        Kiralyn2000
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        BlueRaven wrote: »

Yeah. I am baffled by this as well. I am really intrigued about what the answer would be.

I've been playing since 2016, I'm pretty sure I've never used that listing on the side for anything. I've always clicked the map, I'm not familiar with what options there are over in that side thing, because I don't pay attention to it at all. Just seemed the thing to do. Maybe because that's how just about every other game behaved, so I kept doing it? /shrug
        Edited by Kiralyn2000 on November 3, 2022 4:36PM
        Options
      • Olauron
        Olauron
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Snamyap wrote: »

Same here, I always use world map to get to the zone map.

I also use house icons and some (those I remember) wayshrines from the world map. Only when I would need to mouse over to get a tooltip name I would rather go to the zone map (from world map) and select the wayshrine by the zone details, not by name.
        The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
        One mer to rule them all,
        one mer to find them,
        One mer to bring them all
        and in the darkness bind them.
        Options
      • SilverBride
        SilverBride
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I always use the world map to open locations I want to travel to, but I have to use the locations tab to open Galen because it's practically impossible to zoom in enough on the world map. It doesn't matter why I do it this way, it's what I prefer and should be possible like the rest of the map is.
        PCNA
        Options