Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Galen is literally covered by wayshrines, so you have to TP there to view the map. ZOS please

• TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Rkindaleft wrote: »
    When you open your map, is there not a list of all the zones to the right, in alphabetical order? If for some reason, it's on another filter, select the "locations" filter. It almost always defaults to locations for me though. Just click the name of the zone, there's the zone map. I don't understand how they could make this any easier?

The only thing I can add is that UNTIL Galen, I never used the zone list, so I'll give you that. Since I started using it, I started wondering; "why didn't I always navigate this way? It's been right there all along and it's way easier than clicking on individual zones on a map anyway!"

In general yes but that doesn't exist on the console version of the game, we can't use the R bumper to get to Galen because the zone is too small and it just sends us to High Isle lol, so we basically have to use the wayshrine

You can actually. I see the tight cluster of wayshrines just above the High Isle island on the world map and click on that with R1 and go directly.

Yeah this has never been an issue on gamepad - zone list is barely usable though, unless you love scrolling through lists for some reason.

What I wonder is, when I continue zooming in the gamepad UI (LT or RT), I eventually switch to the next level, e.g. from world map to zone, from zone to city, etc.
    Why doesn't this work for the PC UI? Why can't "zoom beyond limit" be recognized as me wanting to switch map levels? Would fix this problem easily.

I do this on PC - using the scroll button on my antique Logi B100 2 button + scroll wheel mouse. Now if you're using a controlloer on PC, I can't say I know if it works that way or not. I have no interest in or facility with controllers.

But I normally use the zone list; since I always know where I want to be next, it's easiest to find in the list because its alphabetical.
    Edited by TaSheen on April 20, 2023 1:26PM

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are given two options, the map and the list. Regardless of which we prefer, both should work. Right now using the map to get to Galen doesn't.

It would be very helpful if they extended the area around Galen and High Isle and all the very small island starter zones so we could easily click near them to open their maps. Then we could choose the wayshrine we want.
    PCNA
    Options
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why not make the whole map bigger? This way it'd look less overcrowded and the Systres wouldn't look like an island made of wayshrines. List people would continue to use the list, map people would be able to click on Galen and everyone would be happy (provided no absurd bugs resulted from such a change *fingers crossed*).
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When you open your map, is there not a list of all the zones to the right, in alphabetical order?
    There is, with a caveat: some zone names aren't what you'd expect, e.g. "The Deadlands" vs "Gold Coast", one is prefixed with "The" but not the other, for some odd reason.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    When you open your map, is there not a list of all the zones to the right, in alphabetical order?
    There is, with a caveat: some zone names aren't what you'd expect, e.g. "The Deadlands" vs "Gold Coast", one is prefixed with "The" but not the other, for some odd reason.

True. I've played for so long now I know them all by rote, but that could certainly make it difficult for those newer or simp;y not used to the world.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
    Options