The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What House would you love to see added?

Eirikir
Eirikir
✭✭✭✭
Fun topic for all I hope.

For me I would love to see something akin to Kyne's Aegis. Snow swept shore of an island in the cold waters north of Skyrim. A few small buildings, and outlook near the water, a square and a grand hall for a chieftain, maybe a path leading into the woods beyond the shore to a fresh water pool. Something large on the scale of the Thieves Oasis.

In short a home meant as a guild home with several small cottages or cabins based on the coolest trial location.
Server: PS4-NA
PSN: Eirikir
Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not a fan of large homes, and would prefer to have dedicated guildhalls that belong to guilds, not players.

My hopes are for the wizard’s tower as used at Tor Draioch, and a townhouse like Isobel’s parents live in. There are a number of modest cottages in several zones that just need a walled yard around them.

The main problem in creating player housing is that it has to be instanced, which requires it to be interior-only, or have an enclosed exterior (walled yard, private cove, etc.) The approaches used for some of the larger ones, such as the boats to Forgemaster Falls or the Collosal Aldmeri Grotto, and the cave entrance to Doomchar, would work just as well with smaller homes.

My reason for preferring the modest homes is that the furnishing slots don’t run out so far short of what I’m trying to achieve.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like some medium-sized homes that don't necessarily appear as homes. A hatch that leads to a closed off ruin underground, a houseboat docked to the pier of a new area, a lighthouse that isn't in a snow globe, and has a nice beach or lake area.

Maybe something similar to the Coven's Cottage, but in black marsh, and its like a smaller xanmeer with like 2 rooms with a walled yard, and inside the xanmeer there's an exit out to the shore.

I'd honestly love a house that lets us use that bubble function from the new dungeon to have an underwater yard, and its like an Akaviri meets Dwarven design and adds a little bit of new lore to both cultures as like a secret meeting place or something that isn't used anymore, so we get to keep it. Maybe its a quest reward and a ghost from the time gives us access to it.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Catacombs. Maybe the style used in High Isle. Just somewhere were a necro can make their home amongst friends.
    PC EU
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want some Imperial houses but I don't think it's possible. Ideally I'd like something in Imperial City, maybe with underground access via the alliance sewers leading up to a hidden and untouched manor house.

Can't be done but I'd like it.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want this so I can put my own private camp up there.

GFu0rSf.jpg
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One of the small Telvanni homes in Sadrith Mora.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've actually made a thread in the past for the two houses I wanted, and still want to see most. Feel free to check em out and leave a comment!

A larger Vivec City home

&

A Ceporah Tower Private Quarters
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a quest in Summerset where a Bosmer tries to add wildness to a high elf's plantings and ends up adding a bunch stranglers. I really like the style of the high elf's house so would like to see one like that.

I'd also like to buy a 2nd room for Snugpod.

And while I'm sure there are system issues, I'd love if it ZOS would sell plots if land and set up a partnership with housing designers to let them design houses you could buy. There are so many people out there who create amazing houses that I'd like to buy. If actually giving them a revenue share would be hard, maybe they'd be willing to get paid in rare furniture materials.

Plus, can we please have a cleaning spell to undingy these houses? My character can save the world multiple times but can't figure out bleach and water.
  • dvcod
    dvcod
    ✭✭✭
    I have mentioned many times to ZOS that I would love a quest to restore Bleakrock Isle and than I would love for them to put a small cabin home near the Wayshrine. But I guess it will never happen...sigh.
  • LikiLoki
    LikiLoki
    ✭✭✭✭
    А separate oblivion plan for a guild city the size of an Artaeum, which is home to monsters and collection points for mats.
    And for myself, I want a little Oblivion plan to feel like a little Daedra prince. I will grow roses there
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    dvcod wrote: »
    I have mentioned many times to ZOS that I would love a quest to restore Bleakrock Isle and than I would love for them to put a small cabin home near the Wayshrine. But I guess it will never happen...sigh.

I would love to have the island home described be on Bleakrock.
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mik195 wrote: »
    I'd also like to buy a 2nd room for Snugpod.
    They have that it's called Bouldertree Refuge. I think it's the second cheapest medium house.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would love a 4 Elements house
    Fire Ice Water Earth...something like that
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • kynesgrove
    kynesgrove
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't gone through all the replies properly but:
    A sequestered Druid Cottage like the one Erlibru lives in at the Wizards Grotto on High Isle.
    This is @Ravensilver's screenshot, requesting a similar concept for a home.

q3n7es88yjwj.png

It would be really neat for making a druid friendly garden/farm in. Also I would love it if they add the tiny bird house furnishings.
    "The shrine is breathtaking, sitting upon a rise and dominated by many standing stones carved with holy runes. The place truly seems to have been kissed by Kyne's icy breath."
    - Urig the Wanderer
  • princesspurpleblob
    princesspurpleblob
    ✭✭✭
    I have said this before and I will repeat it again.

Small/medium Alinor and Elsweyr (non mouldy version!!!) style home!

PLEASE ZOS!!!
    Hall of Colossus - Alinor in Elsweyr | Alinor Crest Townhouse - Alinor Noble Estate | Colossal Aldmeri Grotto - Alinor Scenic Estate | Sleek Creek House - Khajiiti Paradise | Bouldertree Refuge - Flora Estate | Autumn's Gate - Sweet Autumn Lodge | Domus Phrasticus - Breton Country House | Exorcised Coven Cottage - Forest Cottage | Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery - The Starry Sky Inn | Mathiisen Manor - Mathiisen Wedding Hall | Humblemud - Torchic Barn Party House | Other inn rooms / apartments / homes
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A cottage by the sea and a wayshrine, in High isle, with a pool. NOT mouldy or dingy!

Whitewash is used annually zos!!!
    Edited by Pelanora on September 27, 2022 9:02AM
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    +1 on Erlibru's cottage and the wizard tower. I'd also like an apartment or small home off one of the Outlaw Refuge's. Many of them have blocked doors or dead end passages that could be an entrance.

On the topic of needing walled off houses due to instances, I'd be perfectly ok seeing "generic yard" from the outside - this already happens with the Exorcised Coven Cottage. If you jump up to the wall from the outside, you can see in to the cottage and generic yard. Have a fence gate work like the ship ladder for Aldmeri Grotto.
    Edited by anadandy on September 27, 2022 3:27PM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The brownstone rural cottages in Summerset, and the Ayleid Nexus from Murkmire.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Athyrium93
    Athyrium93
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any of the cute little stone houses you run between in the beginning of the Blackwood story quest. They are just so cute and they seem like the perfect size to actually decorate
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mentioned in another thread that one of the underground Stonelore houses would be cool also.

I mean we are getting some Druidic furniture, right? Where are we going to put it?
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness
    ✭✭✭
    Placeable Water pools and Cold Harbour Architectural walls.

Also Ship furnishings or even ship parts.
  • Ruj
    Ruj
    ✭✭✭
    Any homes with max item limit where I can build a castle.

- High Isle island of our own

- More homes like Antiquarian where we can see the Northern lights at night
  • Hexvaldr
    Hexvaldr
    ✭✭✭
    One of the small cottages outside Markarth that comes with a garden. I would be thrilled!
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 Tor Draioch. I think an extensive subterranean basement would be fun to play with, and if you can just lock it off easily, people who want something smaller would be more readily satisfied.

I would love to have this tower in Mournoth, my character's home. In fact, I wish there was some sort of solution, for people like me who care about the world, or become attached to some part of it, and would like more options.

I would love more wizardly furnishing options. Rune circles, arcane barriers, daedric summons. That sort of thing. Its always baffled me that this really obvious niche seems to get overlooked. I know that furnishing release plans tend to follow what's just been made available in some particular year- for me there are examples of all the above- and more- in the base game that would serve perfectly, but that sort of thing only becomes available during the luxury furnisher weekly, and its only ever a very small number of apparently randomly selected stuff.

If I was going to think BIG (and very unlikely)...

Player Cities ala Elder Scrolls: Blades.

Jehanna, Blacklight, Alabaster- one city associated with each of the base game factions.

You could "rebuild" this 3 banners war-destroyed city in any architectural style you can acquire blueprints for, and even mix and match. Perhaps quests would need to be undertaken to gain expert NPCs or blueprints or special furnishings in order to build stuff like guild buildings or docks (they are all coastal cities), or whatever.

This idea would immediately suggest an opportunity to lean into player guild stuff- the sort of extended "guild hall" people have been asking for for years- but for many of my home-building homies, it would also be nice if we could just privately own and exercise our imaginations on the ultimate expression of house-building.

• Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A house made out of skulls or a giant dragon skull or giant skull on a small island to makes up a house in to.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would be happy if we got a house again at all, no matter which one....
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A statue house would also be nice to have a king or Knights or some kind of animal.
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A spacious house in Evergloam, with that twinkling sky from Crows Wood. Needs to have plenty of space for pumpkin patches.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Screenshot-20221010-193248.png

A large (much larger than this) open air tree with glass like colored windows that shine beautiful lights through and connects to other trees on a beautiful forest or open plain location with gorgeous exotic plants and sparkly green/gold glittery particles and other beautiful things, vines and exotic branches.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Lighthouse along the shores. So maybe can make a Scooby-Doo style Tamriel rp story with Stibbons.