Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Game Freezes on Launch (Please post information here!)

• Gabryelnovy
    Gabryelnovy
    Soul Shriven
    I apologize for the bad English.
    Two hours can not go to the game. Not allow to select a character.
    Screensaver game and ... everything.
    Edited by Gabryelnovy on May 12, 2014 5:44PM
    Options
  • Gabryelnovy
    Gabryelnovy
    Soul Shriven
    Administration....
    A-u-u-u-u-u...
    Options
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An hour waiting on load screen after patch. Usual or unusual?
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
    Options
  • mrtrask23
    mrtrask23
    ✭✭✭
    After hitting the play button I get a black screen and the game stops responding. I have tried all the fixes listed, hitting repair, re-installing the game, re-installing drivers, changing setting in UserSetting.txt, changing full screen settings to windowed, managing the NVidia settings -maximum performance, trying default user settings files, compatibility modes, runs as admin, uninstalled flash player, disabled firewall and anti-virus, you name it. Cannot get the game to go past the black screen - client stops responding (no sound) and I have to use task manager to cancel. I even swapped from a NVidia card to an ATI card. I have tried launching in different ways ESOLauncher, disabling intro settings. This needs to GET FIXED, every single patch I have had login issues after the first patch it was the greyed out play button. At this point it is getting kinda ridiculous... I would like to play the game I am paying for.....The only response I have gotten in two days is Locate the line starting SET FULLSCREEN_v5 - it will be set to SET FULLSCREEN_v5 "2", Change this to SET FULLSCREEN_v5 "1" and save the file Restart the launcher and hit Play. This was the very first step I tried, nothing is working....
    Options
  • mrtrask23
    mrtrask23
    ✭✭✭
    After 3 days of searching I discovered which strings in the user settings files were needed to clear up Black Screen after Play issues: The following strings failed to update in the file: Hope these help, just add them to the UserSettings.txt file save.

SET DisableFXPrecaching "1"
    SET PreferExclusiveFullscreen "0"
    SET RequestedNumJobThreads "0"
    SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "0"
    SET MonsterTellsEnabled "1"
    Options
  • dekameo
    dekameo
    mrtrask23 wrote: »
    After 3 days of searching I discovered which strings in the user settings files were needed to clear up Black Screen after Play issues: The following strings failed to update in the file: Hope these help, just add them to the UserSettings.txt file save.

I've tried this as well and didn't work, thank you for posting those findings though. Hopefully something will work soon or I'm demanding my money back, this is ridiculous.
    Edited by dekameo on May 26, 2014 3:42AM
    Options
  • Galen
    Galen
    ✭✭✭

This worked for me, thank you! I figured that, for me, it had something to do with UserSettings, because something similar to this happened to me at launch, and updating/replacing UserSettings fixed that.
    PC - 2013-2016
    Xbox One - 2017-2021
    Xbox Series X - 2021-present
    Options
  • RAZOR222
    RAZOR222
    Soul Shriven
    After hitting the play button I get a black screen and the game stops responding. I have tried all the fixes listed, hitting repair, re-installing the game, re-installing drivers, changing setting in UserSetting.txt, changing full screen settings to windowed, managing the NVidia settings -maximum performance, trying default user settings files, compatibility modes, runs as admin, uninstalled flash player, disabled firewall and anti-virus, you name it. Cannot get the game to go past the black screen - client stops responding (no sound) and I have to use task manager to cancel. I even swapped from a NVidia card to an ATI card. I have tried launching in different ways ESOLauncher, disabling intro settings. This needs to GET FIXED, every single patch I have had login issues after the first patch it was the greyed out play button. At this point it is getting kinda ridiculous... I would like to play the game I am paying for.....The only response I have gotten in two days is Locate the line starting SET FULLSCREEN_v5 - it will be set to SET FULLSCREEN_v5 "2", Change this to SET FULLSCREEN_v5 "1" and save the file Restart the launcher and hit Play. This was the very first step I tried, nothing is working....

Same here. Error 11 after updating patch and pressing play. Have gone through seemingly everything available on the 'net in terms of possible solutions but no go. When repairing it tries to re-download patch, so will see what that does. Will submit a ticket and be patient at this point as well. I'm sure they're working furiously on the issues. I do hope that there is some priorities towards those of us that can't even access the game anymore compared to those that are experiencing glitches in-game. Keep at it Zenimax, we don't all hate you haha :)
    Options
  • fyrefenix
    fyrefenix
    ✭✭✭
    [Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Spamming]
    Edited by ZOS_SilviaS on May 29, 2014 11:14PM
    Natjur ✭✭✭
    4:24PM
    There is currently only two classes in this game, DK and Sorcs.
    Templar's and NB are just 'extras' that have not been removed yet.
    Options
  • owenx123
    owenx123
    Soul Shriven
    Im getting the same error crash 11 and cant even get into the game being trying for the last week incase it was an update problem but nothing done.

All the repair seems to do is go through and verify 27gb of info and then trys to redownload the whole 27gb again wth is with this.
    Edited by owenx123 on June 3, 2014 10:06AM
    Options
  • Freddo
    Freddo
    Soul Shriven

Thank you, this fixed it for me :smile:
    Options
  • packetrider
    packetrider
    Soul Shriven
    Freddo wrote: »

Thank you, this fixed it for me :smile:

This worked for me. Also I did some troubleshooting trying to work out the root cause. If Zenimax reads this.. Try an AMD Sempron 140(1core). I took my working FX8320(8core) system and put the Sempron from my hanging computer in it. Windows and everything worked fine Except ESO, which froze at a spinning windows wheel. Swapped the processor back to the FX8320 and ESO worked fine. So that led me to thinking it had something to do with how many cores I needed.. The SET...Threads seem to make it work on single core.
    Options
  • Yoshie
    Yoshie
    Yshaar wrote: »
    I can almost guarantee you, that there is a problem with your system. Tell me which processes are running when you start the game? And Siegfried, you need to specify your problem and your computer setup in way more detail for any tech guy to fix your problem.

I agree. The more information you give them the better they can help you solve your issue and if it is a known issue be sure that they are working on it.
    Options
  • Jason76
    Jason76
    Soul Shriven
    The launcher is fubar. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it, I have followed all the steps tech support emailed me, I have shut down and restarted the PC, I have no programs running (Including antivirus) that will interfere with anything, It gets to the " Applying Patch 4001.18MB remaining and will not continue past this point no matter what has been done (This includes uninstalling the game, Restarting the PC and reinstalling fresh). I have been at this 15 hours now and requested a phone call from Tech support twice and email support 3 times. No one is doing anything from tech support to help me resolve this issue. Maybe if I post this here it will get some attention and turn up the heat. This is just getting stupid now. We pay a monthly fee to keep tech support and the game running yeah? How about some help here!? Thanks.
    Options
  • Zarman
    Zarman
    ✭✭✭
    I was having a problem launching the game, today after i patched, i checked my Antivirus, and since the patch it decided to block ESO.EXE.

so check your antivirus, i use bitdefender.

Hope this helps

Beta Users, In earlier versions ESOSurvey addon was causing a similar problem where the game would not launch.
    Edited by Zarman on June 30, 2014 12:04PM
    Options
  • Phyxcius90
    Phyxcius90
    Soul Shriven
    Can someone from ESO message me personally?
    I'm a Dutch guy and i speak English but i'm getting frustrated of not understanding any of the technoligy talk..
    Thnx
    Options
  • joanacunha
    joanacunha
    Soul Shriven
    Latest patch just froze on download...what now!? There's no where I can download it myself. It's either via the launcher or nothing. That isn't working. What now?!?!
    Options
  • frechettecalleanub17_ESO
    Im having the same problems, I just start up the launcher and click play and im stuck at a infinite black screen, i used to be able to play with no problem. Ive tried messing with the usersettings.txt but none of that seems to work. Please help, I only have 19 more days of play time and I might not continue my subscription after this
    Options