Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Game Freezes on Launch (Please post information here!)

Siegfried_Greymane
I've missed 10+ hours of early access, because my launcher is bugged. I cannot find the solution anywhere because your forums are like a Medieval bazaar.

All of us who have had bug issues should get a vanity pet modeled off of the Shalk from Morrowind. A bug for those of you who don't know what I mean.

ZOS is asking for players with this issue to please reply with the following information:
While we investigate functionality issues with the launcher, there are a few pieces of information you can provide us with. You can respond in-thread with your information:

Firstly, if you would, attach these 4 files:
  1. host.developer log file
  2. Launcher.Settings file (located in the \Zenimax Online\Launcher directory)
  3. A screenshot of your \Zenimax Online folder or a listing of any subfolders in your \Zenimax Online folder
  4. A screenshot of a right click + properties of the The Elder Scrolls Online or The Elder Scrolls Online EU folder to determine the size of the data you currently have.

You can also help us by providing answers to these four questions:
  1. 1. Which environment were you patching when this happened? NA, EU, PTS?
  2. 2. What region are you actually in geographically?
  3. 3. What environment(s) are now showing in your patcher? NA, EU, PTS
  4. 4. Is this a brand new install or is it being patched up from a previous version?
Again, you can simply reply in this thread. Thank you again for your patience as we try to resolve this issue.
Edited by ZOS_MichelleA on March 31, 2014 4:10AM
Lord, I was born a ramblin' man,
Tryin' to make a livin' and doin' the best I can.
And when it's time for leavin',
I hope you'll understand,
That I was born a ramblin' man
  • jonal11_ESO
    jonal11_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I am getting pretty pissed myself. They have not even acknowledged that their is any problems. So I don't even know if they care.
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey @Siegfried_Greymane‌, what's the exact issue you're having with your launcher?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • jonal11_ESO
    jonal11_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_GinaBruno Could you please read the "Login issues" thread, many of us are having the same problem that is not account/password issue.
    Edited by jonal11_ESO on March 30, 2014 7:25PM
    Options
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the reasons I didn't bother to pay extra for five days of early access was because I knew good and well there would be issues and bugs for such folks.

Heck, a lot of those issues are likely to still be in-place, when I'm able to log in and play on Tuesday.

There's no such thing as a bug-free launch for MMOs, and the vast majority of them suffer significant issues for the first month.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
    Options
  • Dominulf
    Dominulf
    ✭✭✭
    It feels like I paid extra to bug fix for them at "launch" in 5 days.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - Where the best spells are AoEs and the strongest weapon is a Shield!

"I used to be the most beloved roleplaying series of a generation... but then I took $14.99/mo to the knee."
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    ZOS_GinaBruno Could you please read the "Login issues" thread, many of us are having the same problem that is not account/password issue.
    Yep, will do.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominulf wrote: »
    That's not all that inaccurate of an assertion. Truth is, anyone playing the game within the first month will serve as paying beta testers.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

Options
  • Bansheedragon
    Bansheedragon
    ✭✭✭
    GreySix wrote: »
    That's not all that inaccurate of an assertion. Truth is, anyone playing the game within the first month will serve as paying beta testers.

That is unfortunately quite common, and not just with MMOs
    BF4 is a good example of how bad it has become.
    Whats worse it that people accept it as the norm, because they have become so used to it being this way that they think this is how it actually should be.

Bugs on release is not unacceptable, only the level and amount of bugs and other problems.
    Options
  • Midnightbottle
    I'll post this here since my thread has been ignored.

I've been stuck at launcher all day. Sometimes it says loading others it says Application updates. I've tried to uninstall and re download didnt help.
    Options
  • Crazybrandonian
    Same,keep getting error 302 when trying to install, now onto my 7th install attempt @ 22gig download per try. Starting to get sick and tired now, will be asking for a refund before long because I didn't pay £70 to be ignored and unable to access content I've paid for.
    Options
  • Vegeta
    Vegeta
    yo ever since the first beta i've been trying to install the thing and it'd keep restarting the installation!! and right now i'm just stuck at 14%
    for the past 24 hours
    i've done everything!! i've even used a different computer!! same issue!!! y'all ignore my emails!!!

pls help i just wanna play and not clog the boards with complaints
    Options
  • Siegfried_Greymane
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ Sorry I redownloaded the game, which took a long time. I then went to the launch screen and clicked "play" and it immediately crashed my whole PC. Again. I am now nervous about running this as an admin, because I really don't like one program crashing the whole PC. It's not a hardware issue, trust me, this thing can run everything on the market. It's really, really unfortunate. I thought initially the data files were corrupted hence the reinstall.
    Options
  • Siegfried_Greymane
    I have almost every Bethesda title out there. I love Bethesda. I would buy a Bethesda game in spite of mediocre reviews (which ESO has gotten.) But I am really sad that I can't play this, and that I have been trying for 13 hours to fix this issue. I bill my clients $50/hour so no, you cannot afford my time Bethesda/Zenimax. If I can't play by tonight, how do I get a refund?
    Options
  • BlackOmega
    I have almost every Bethesda title out there. I love Bethesda. I would buy a Bethesda game in spite of mediocre reviews (which ESO has gotten.) But I am really sad that I can't play this, and that I have been trying for 13 hours to fix this issue. I bill my clients $50/hour so no, you cannot afford my time Bethesda/Zenimax. If I can't play by tonight, how do I get a refund?

I think issues are expected at launch.. It is almost common now. Early access isn't a right either. Those who were D3 players during the launch know all to well how many issues creep up at launch that are not present during the Alpha/Beta test.

It is also Sunday. I would give it another day or two to see if the issue can be resolved.
    BlackOmega
    Scourge of the Universe | Inquisitor of Knowledge | Jack of All Trades
    Options
  • kragan999
    kragan999
    Soul Shriven
    I'm with you. I have submitted numerous tickets, talked to 2 different support reps and sent them a Dxdiag file. I sent the file before noon and still haven't had a response. It is going to take a few hours to download/update the game once I get to the point of getting the launcher to get past the loading screen. If I'm not playing by tomorrow night, I'm going to ask for a refund and dispute the charge on my credit card.
    Options
  • Siegfried_Greymane
    @BlackOmega‌ "early access isn't a right" but when you charge an extra $20 for it and part of the reason I pay that $20 is I want early access, it's a bargained-for transaction. Your argument is like the guy saying "my new car doesn't have tires!" and being told "Hey, I sold you a car. Get tires on your own time!"
    Options
  • noodleconsistenciesb16_ESO
    Yeah I'm usually pretty understanding about bugs, but I sent a dxdiag to support 13 hours ago and I still haven't heard back. I haven't been offered solutions that work and I'm paying to play today. It's not just a little bug, I can't even reach the log in screen.
    Options
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fortunately the game comes with the first month free ^.~ In seriousness I expect much the same. Though as has been mentioned by a few others, this is to be expected of pretty much any MMO, maybe not to this degree, but expected.
    And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.
    Options
  • BlackOmega
    Heishi wrote: »

Fortunately the game comes with the first month free ^.~ In seriousness I expect much the same. Though as has been mentioned by a few others, this is to be expected of pretty much any MMO, maybe not to this degree, but expected.

At least it's no Diablo 3 launch.

Some people feel entitled is all. :)

I would expect some of the major bugs to be solved tomorrow, I doubt they have a full crew on hand given the weekend (even with the release).
    BlackOmega
    Options
  • Yshaar
    Yshaar
    ✭✭✭
    What problem do you guys have? Could you link the thread?

Probably your computer is broken...oh, I shouldn't have said that. Forget it instantly.

Options
  • Siegfried_Greymane
    @BlackOmega‌ Entitled? To what I paid for? I am not getting this for free. I am paying a lot of money for it. That's not entitlement. I guess when I go to a restaurant and order a cheeseburger, that makes me "entitled" for expecting that instead of a salad.
    Options
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlackOmega wrote: »
    I think issues are expected at launch.. It is almost common now. Early access isn't a right either. Those who were D3 players during the launch know all to well how many issues creep up at launch that are not present during the Alpha/Beta test.

It is also Sunday. I would give it another day or two to see if the issue can be resolved.
    It's actually pretty smart on their part. Instead of opening up the game to the entire player base simultaneously, they let a select group of folks get five days (or in some cases three days) head start - for which they pay more money, in effect setting up such folks to conduct further testing for them after beta patches.

Hopefully (on their part), they then have most of the game-breaking bugs patched prior to general release.

At worse, they lose a few disgruntled "late-term testers" but they don't bleed come general release.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

Options
  • skysky92
    skysky92
    I'm having the same issue, but I can tell you it's not the computer itself. I bought it brand new specifically for this game. It works fine with everything else.
    Options
  • Siegfried_Greymane
    Maybe the video game industry needs a few class actions to stop them from defrauding people.
    Options
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the video game industry needs a few class actions to stop them from defrauding people.
    Class-action lawsuits are nearly worthless for anything other than enriching lawyers.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

Options
  • BlackOmega
    Class-action lawsuits are nearly worthless for anything other than enriching lawyers.

Pretty sure they tie that up nice and neat by the wording the Terms of Use/Service you agree to.
    BlackOmega
    Options
  • Siegfried_Greymane
    I'd take a look at it but I'm too busy chasing ambulances. Or waiting to play a game I paid for.
    Options
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BlackOmega‌ "early access isn't a right" but when you charge an extra $20 for it and part of the reason I pay that $20 is I want early access, it's a bargained-for transaction. Your argument is like the guy saying "my new car doesn't have tires!" and being told "Hey, I sold you a car. Get tires on your own time!"

I understand the frustrations, but BlackOmega was correct. Did you even read the Terms of Use provided conveniently at the bottom of the site. Do you have any idea what you actually agree to in playing the game?

Section 5, last paragraph:
    Early Game(s) Access/Trial Subscriptions.
    For some Services, ZeniMax may offer You early access to a Game and/or a trial subscription. Such Services may require You to sign up for an Account and/or a subscription under the terms described above. If You accept a free trial subscription for a Game that requires a subscription, and the trial period expires, You will not be able to resume Game play or any paid Services usage without updating Your information and/or purchasing the paid subscription Services. ZeniMax is under no obligation to notify You in advance of the free trial subscription expiring and You will be responsible for all charges incurred. Trial subscriptions are not transferable.

Section 6, first paragraph:
    ZeniMax does not guarantee that any Services will be available at all times, in all countries and/or geographic locations, at any given time, or that it will continue to offer any particular Services for any particular length of time. Except as prohibited by applicable law, ZeniMax reserves the right to change and update Content without notice to You. ZeniMax also reserves the right to refuse Your request(s) to acquire Content, and to limit or block any request to acquire Content, including, but not limited to, Downloadable Content, for any reason.

Please try not to correct people if you don't know what you're talking about. Every terms/agreement/ect I've ever seen on any game or otherwise skews all rights in the companies' favor, period. The who things boils down to you have no "rights" to anything in the game, and you're not owed anything but what you paid for. In the case of the Imperial edition you paid an extra $20 for an additional race, a mount, and the ability to convert armor to Imperial style. Pre-Order bonuses are bonuses, not guarantees.

TL:DR:
    See section 7:
    You have the right to cancel Your Account or a particular subscription to a Service at any time. Additional cancellation terms in respect of a particular subscription may be specified when You subscribe, in Your Account information, or in notices for subscription renewals.

Contact ZeniMax's Customer Service at support.bethsoft.com to cancel Your Account or subscription to a Service.

ZeniMax reserves the right to collect fees, applicable governmental charges (including sales tax, value added tax (VAT), goods and service tax (GST) and other taxes), or costs incurred before You cancel Your Account or a subscription to a Service. You are also responsible for any amounts owed to third-party vendors or content providers before Your cancellation. Any delinquent or unpaid fees and other unresolved issues must be settled before You establish a new Account.
    And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.
    Options
  • sherzoo
    sherzoo
    The lack of support is the real problem I mean I fully expected bugs when I signed up for this but I have been waiting 8 hours for a response to my ticket. I have seen around three responses from administrators on the issue I'm having (unknown error on login) all of which are cookie cutter "click repair" type answers. It would be fine if they would just admit there was an issue or that they are having trouble fixing it but no the only sticky is for zooming during character creation.

Wildstar started preorders a while back so now might be a good time to jump on that band wagon...
    Options
  • Yshaar
    Yshaar
    ✭✭✭
    I can almost guarantee you, that there is a problem with your system. Tell me which processes are running when you start the game? And Siegfried, you need to specify your problem and your computer setup in way more detail for any tech guy to fix your problem.
    Options