The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

The Most Underpowered Set Wall of Fame PC/NA (as voted on by the community)

Dr_Con
Dr_Con
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Current topics for voting:
(see signature for links to any active contests)

Next events:
Week 5: Worst 5 piece set bonus
Week 1: Worst 3 piece set bonus

For this first week, I didn't give much notice but we had many entries and I allowed everyone to vote for the set they thought was the most underpowered. To incentivize participation for this I made it into a forum contest where the reward was gold. I may continue this trend so long as there are clear winners, as the set will not be able to participate in the next week unless it gets changed. My one bottleneck was that the maximum allowable number of votes is 10 on the forums, I put in a formal request to raise this, but this shouldn't deter people from writing in their vote because as you can see from the first week, write-ins were counted. Votes will remain transparent as opposed to anonymous because of this limitation, to combat double-voting. Sets that win in preceding weeks are not eligible to be suggested again until they are significantly buffed/nerfed/reworked, which is why tracking the date a set was selected by the community is important. When suggestion topics are made, they will will occur on a first come, first credit basis. I do not have a standardized time of posting suggestion topics and feel that may make it fair for forum users from different time zones, but this is subject to change.

NB: This topic will be edited frequently for next week's winners and for ease of reading/accessibility of data. I will be publishing the winning sets on social media each week so these sets may be featured and garner more community involvement.
I also plan on doing a bimonthly monster helm topic and possibly a monthly mythic topic where we feature the worst bonuses, as voted on by the community.

Much constructive discussion occurs in these topics- where players explain to others why these set bonuses are not viable- so if you are curious to what the reasoning is, please visit the links below.

Without further adieu...

Here were the votes as of midnight of the Sunday of September. 4, 2022
iay9yjddmyxb.png

snapshotted data came from this topic at Midnight on 9-4-22 (this included the write-in posts): https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/discussion/616714/vote-for-the-worst-5th-piece-bonus-on-an-item-set-winner-gets-250k-pc-na/p1

And the choices/ideas were submitted in this topic: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/616668/what-is-the-worst-5-piece-bonus-winning-suggestion-gets-250k-submissions-close-9-3-2022-at-3pm

For our first winner we have the Vastarie's Tutelage set which got 21 votes from forum users, or around 1/4th of all votes. Will Vampire Lord win next week, or will someone pull out a long forgotten and obscure set that should probably receive the award for the worst 5 piece set bonus? We'll see!

Week 2: Lower participation this week, but our second winner is the Spelunker set!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/617186/vote-week-2-what-is-the-worst-5th-piece-item-bonus-winner-gets-250k-pc-na

yfxi5xn3ud0x.png

Week 3:
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/617783/vote-week-3s-worst-5-piece-set
nafkylpbg9w8.png

Week 4:
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/622622/vote-week-4-what-is-the-worst-5-piece-bonus#latest
ii2u2lf3qjyb.png

Worst Monster Helm Set of September 2022:
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/617788/vote-week-1s-worst-monster-helm-set
byh5ujyuxgtm.png

Worst Mythic of November 2022:
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/622624/vote-week-1-what-is-the-worst-mythic-item#latest
berc8ieaswza.png

Week 1's Worst 5 Piece Bonus:
o84aceelb0bp.png

Week 2's Worst 5 Piece Bonus:
ffwpuz19v7ue.png

Week 3's Worst 5 Piece Bonus:
hrs570jjmhr1.png

Week 4's Worst 5 Piece Bonus:
kez8tt46ozyt.png

Worst Monster Helm Set of September 2022
tpo45fieth37.png

Week 1: Worst mythic
34348is1okpu.png

Edited by Dr_Con on May 3, 2023 8:22AM
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hard disagree with Vastarie's Tutelage as being the worst. It's bad, but Hanu's Compassion is far worse than Vastarie's Tutelage!

At least with Vastarie's Tutelage, it reduces the cost of their abilities and helps them try to focus the boss down with weapon/spell dmg. Hanu's Compassion gives a bit of Ultimate generation... which is probably wasted as they will most likely drop again and lose the Ultimate.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was about to agree with you about Vastaries not being bad, but Hanu's isn't bad either. You can combine both as a necro while healing pugs or progging harder trials to easily get people back in the fight and get you and their ultimates back up quickly. Very niche, but not bad. Spelunker on the other hand...
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    I was about to agree with you about Vastaries not being bad, but Hanu's isn't bad either. You can combine both as a necro while healing pugs or progging harder trials to easily get people back in the fight and get you and their ultimates back up quickly. Very niche, but not bad. Spelunker on the other hand...

Emphasis on Very niche. Consider what you are advocating though, you are running two 5 piece sets so that you can resurrect people a bit better... and I do mean a bit. You are essentially EXPECTING failure and using two 5 piece sets to givem them mediocre benefits if they drop.

Hanu's is gonna give them ~22 Ultimate and Vastaries reduces their costs, a bit, for the next 10 seconds after being resurrected. You are a TERRIBLE healer if you are 1) planning on your PUG to be dying repeated 2) then, offering them NOTHING unless they are dying. There is no world where running both of these together is a decent build or even kind of a good idea. They are both just bad; together, terrible.

There is maybe one situation where they could be somewhat redeemable...
    A "TaskMaster" PvP Templar healer that is constantly resurrecting a HUGE group of people in a Cyrodiil Zerg. HOWEVER!!!! When they changed the definition of "ally" (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7011951/#Comment_7011951), this strategy was completely neutered
    Edited by Billium813 on September 15, 2022 11:41PM
  • festegios
    festegios
    ✭✭✭
    Billium813 wrote: »
    A "TaskMaster" PvP Templar healer that is constantly resurrecting a HUGE group of people in a Cyrodiil Zerg. HOWEVER!!!! When they changed the definition of "ally" (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7011951/#Comment_7011951), this strategy was completely neutered

I never experienced some of those tests. They sound horrendous
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the fact that they changed Spelunker and still ended up with one of the worst sets in the game.

Old Spelunker
    mztthayji08t.png

someone changed the set and thought to themselves "yep, someone is going to use this set now! I fixed it!"
  • Androrix
    Androrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    These were fun threads, OP. Well done!

Also a nice way of making a point.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    hard disagree with Vastarie's Tutelage as being the worst. It's bad, but Hanu's Compassion is far worse than Vastarie's Tutelage!

At least with Vastarie's Tutelage, it reduces the cost of their abilities and helps them try to focus the boss down with weapon/spell dmg. Hanu's Compassion gives a bit of Ultimate generation... which is probably wasted as they will most likely drop again and lose the Ultimate.

It is all based on forum polls which are rarely a sign of what the "community" thinks but rather those who bothered to vote in the polls.

• Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

It is all based on forum polls which are rarely a sign of what the "community" thinks but rather those who bothered to vote in the polls.

You're right, of course. But there is some info/entertainment to be had seeing what some of your fellow players think, even if it is just a modest sample.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Results for Week 1: Worst Mythic and Week 4: Worst 5 piece set are posted! There's a bit less visibility in the event section, and the ability to vote is not as open to the community as I think we all would prefer, but at least it's something!
  • TwiceBornStar
    TwiceBornStar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Create an Imperial Sorcerer, turn him/her into a Vampire. Equip Dead-Water's Guile and Vampire Lord and use the Swarming Scion Ultimate. And make sure to always remain at Stage 4.

Seriously, it's awesome!
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Create an Imperial Sorcerer, turn him/her into a Vampire. Equip Dead-Water's Guile and Vampire Lord and use the Swarming Scion Ultimate. And make sure to always remain at Stage 4.

Seriously, it's awesome!

While it's true that you can get the ult to the 150s and lower, there's also a distinct windup and wind down with the vampire transformation which I find to be prohibitive. If animation cancel were to apply, or if the duration could extend like the werewolf ult I would totally have a different outlook, but it's simply the 2 second window of opportunity on each end that this ult grants the enemy that is the dealbreaker for me.
    Edited by Dr_Con on November 29, 2022 5:03PM
  • irswat
    irswat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pearls is not an underperforming mythic. Alot of healers run it in end game content with sets like sax or pillagers
    The Lord Jesus Christ saved me from sin and darkness. His love has transformed me so that I am a new creature in Him. May you find Him too, and experience His richness and goodness!