Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quests and Consequences

• Runhent
    Runhent
    ✭✭✭
    Quest: Bad Medicine
    Zone: The Serk, Deshaan
    Options: Ask Aerona to leave her afflicted brother (All right, I'll talk to her) or Leave Aerona with her brother Dethisam Berendas (No. There's still time to try to help you)
    Results:
    Ask Aerona to leave her brother Dethisam Berendas: she will grudgingly do so. Dethisam thanks you and then willingly drinks poison, dying where you found him. Aerona becomes the new town consul (thanks @Epkemon for information!).
    Leave Aerona with her brother Dethisam Berendas: after destroying plague materials and leaving the Quarantine Dethisam Berendas is very ill, but alive. Aerona starts quest chain to help town alchemist with the cure for all afflicted.
    Edited by Runhent on April 14, 2014 2:39PM
    Gilryne Telvanni, at your service.
    EU | Ebonheart Pact | ElderScrolls.Net & RuESO
  • Epkemon
    Epkemon
    I can help you with that, Runhent, so you can edit your post: If you tell her to leave her brother, she will grudgingly do so: Dethisam thanks you and then willingly drinks poison, dying where you found him. Aerona becomes the new town consul.
    Do you know what it feels like to be aware of every star, every blade of grass? Yes. You do. You call it "opening your eyes again." But you do it for a moment. We have done it for eternity. No sleep, no rest, just endless... endless experience, endless awareness. Of everything. All the time. How we envy you, envy you! You build little worlds, little stories, little shells around your minds, and that keeps infinity at bay and allows you to wake up in the morning without screaming!
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Betnikh has three quests that have that kind of choice.

Daughter of Seamount -- tell her to travel with you and she says she will -- tell her to stay and marry and she says she is finally happy.

quest in Moriselli (don't remember name) You have the option of putting Targoth's horn back where it belongs or taking it with you. If you leave it there all the undead there go back to their 'rest'. I don't know what happens if you take the horn with you.

last part of main quest for the island -- player has a choice to destroy an ayleid relic or not. I've only chosen destroy it which makes all the Orcs happy. Captain Kaleen is really pissed off at the player.

I don't know what happens if the other choice is made.
  • thilog
    thilog
    ✭✭✭
    All good stuff, just wanted to point out here. Under Mage and Fighter Guild Skill tabs you can put a point into intimidate and persuade. This can make many quests alot easier to complete, but I wonder if this bypasses alternate outcomes.
  • Runhent
    Runhent
    ✭✭✭
    @Epkemon Thank you! Updated the post :smile:
  • Kiralya
    Kiralya
    AvengerDan wrote: »
    Is there a difference for Through the Aftermath, where you either enslave the souls or free them. I'd have thought freeing them be the better decision but is there anything different for going either way?
    Zone: Stonefalls, Starved Plain
    Quest: Through the Aftermath
    Options:Enslave the spirits or free them.
    Results:
    - Freeing the spirits will lead you to quest "Giving for the Greater Good", where Reesa wants you to bring her a mushroom cap to help restore the plant life in the area. The spirits become neutral to you, they seem to grow fewer and the next time I passed by there was green grass there. The quest reward is "Spiritmender's Staff", a lvl 5 green weighted healing staff with health absorption charge.
    - Enslaving the spirits will lead you to quest "Wayward Son" where Furon wants you to fight your way through a cave of cultists to find out whether his brother Giron, who came up with the necromancic plan, is involved with something too sinister. No idea what happens to the landscape. The quest reward is a green destruction staff.
    Edited by Kiralya on April 16, 2014 8:31AM
  • Runhent
    Runhent
    ✭✭✭
    Quest: A Family Divided
    Zone: Forgotten Crypts, Deshaan
    Options: Leave Sela in the camp (You'll be safe here. I'll find you husband.) or Ask her to wait outside the crypt (You're not safe here. Get out now.)
    Results:
    Leave Sela in the camp: she will be eaten by kind refuges.
    Ask her to wait outside the crypt: she will be alive after all.

And the next one.
    Quest: A Bitter Pill
    Zone: Forgotten Crypts, Deshaan
    Options: Burn the meal (You're sick. I'm putting the end to this madness!) or agree with Danus (I understand. You had no choice.)
    Results:
    Burn the meal: 1) if Sela is alive - it'll be all right eventually. Danus will agree to lead his people out of the crypt;
    GqV96VXjb8.bmp
    2) if Sela was eaten - Danus will become very angry and attack you. And will die, of course.
    Agree with Danus: ???
    Edited by Runhent on April 15, 2014 9:11PM
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The docks vs fort comes up later in the rift. I chose the fort and Aera Earth-Turner became a worm cultist, her son never visits, etc.
  • Epkemon
    Epkemon
    Sakiri wrote: »
    The docks vs fort comes up later in the rift. I chose the fort and Aera Earth-Turner became a worm cultist, her son never visits, etc.

Wow. That's a far-reaching consequence, alright. Kudos, Zenimax^^
    Do you know what it feels like to be aware of every star, every blade of grass? Yes. You do. You call it "opening your eyes again." But you do it for a moment. We have done it for eternity. No sleep, no rest, just endless... endless experience, endless awareness. Of everything. All the time. How we envy you, envy you! You build little worlds, little stories, little shells around your minds, and that keeps infinity at bay and allows you to wake up in the morning without screaming!
  • Runhent
    Runhent
    ✭✭✭
    Quest: For Their Own Protection
    Zone: Narsis, Deshaan
    Options: Tell the truth (I'm working for Councilor Ralden and this looks rather suspicious.) or threaten (You're the one who should leave, before we have a problem.)
    E902TKqjug.bmp
    Results:
    Tell the truth: all will be OK, Naryu will help.
    Threaten: ???

Quest: Fighting Back
    Options: Take Madras' side (I'll help you.) or try to save peasants' lives and take guards' side (Peasants going up against the Maulborn? That's suicide. You'll alll die. Let me deal with this.)
    4IP6GKE4I5.bmp
    Results:
    Take Madras' side: ???
    Try to save peasants' lives: Madras will be offended. But everyone will be alive. Almost.
  • columbineb14_ESO
    columbineb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Epkemon wrote: »
    Quest: Quieting a Heart
    Zone: Stonefalls
    Options: After discovering the truth from Eanen, you can tell Bala that he was either playing with her, is buried somewhere else, or that he's waiting for her.
    Results: If you tell her that he was playing with her, she'll exclaim that it isn't true and will later kill herself (you can interact with her spirit).
    If you tell her he's buried somewhere else and should move on, she, once again, says the opposite but this time says she will look for him forever (presumably NOT killing herself, as I've not yet encountered her spirit).

If you lie to her, she turns up as a ghost later in the second city in Stonefalls (I forget its name), still looking for him. She's hard to find - behind one of the buildings - but I promise she's there.

Basically there is no way to "win" that quest, because she won't listen to the truth and he's a jerk.

I have just told you more than I know.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kiralya wrote: »
    AvengerDan wrote: »
    Is there a difference for Through the Aftermath, where you either enslave the souls or free them. I'd have thought freeing them be the better decision but is there anything different for going either way?
    Zone: Stonefalls, Starved Plain
    Quest: Through the Aftermath
    Options:Enslave the spirits or free them.
    Results:
    - Freeing the spirits will lead you to quest "Giving for the Greater Good", where Reesa wants you to bring her a mushroom cap to help restore the plant life in the area. The spirits become neutral to you, they seem to grow fewer and the next time I passed by there was green grass there.
    - Enslaving the spirits will lead you to quest "Wayward Son" where Furon wants you to fight your way through a cave of cultists to find out whether his brother Giron, who came up with the necromancic plan, is involved with something too sinister. No idea what happens to the landscape.

You get a different reward, at least that used to be the case. Giving for the Greater Good gives you a special green healing staff. Wayward Son gives you a green destruction staff.

• Kiralya
    Kiralya
    Ysne58 wrote: »
    You get a different reward, at least that used to be the case. Giving for the Greater Good gives you a special green healing staff. Wayward Son gives you a green destruction staff.
    Added that to the post. Thanks!

• Epkemon
    Epkemon
    Options: After discovering the truth from Eanen, you can tell Bala that he was either playing with her, is buried somewhere else, or that he's waiting for her.
    Results: If you tell her that he was playing with her, she'll exclaim that it isn't true and will later kill herself (you can interact with her spirit).
    If you tell her he's buried somewhere else and should move on, she, once again, says the opposite but this time says she will look for him forever (presumably NOT killing herself, as I've not yet encountered her spirit).

If you lie to her, she turns up as a ghost later in the second city in Stonefalls (I forget its name), still looking for him. She's hard to find - behind one of the buildings - but I promise she's there.

Basically there is no way to "win" that quest, because she won't listen to the truth and he's a jerk.

Confirmed and OP updated. Thank you.
  • Runhent
    Runhent
    ✭✭✭
    Quest: Carving Cuttle
    Zone: Deepcrag Den, Deshaan
    Options: It seems that the choice will appear if you talk with strange Dunmers sitting in the upper level of Deepcrag Den - after taking the quest. They told you about real aid of Orona. So, the choice: agree with Orona and give her collected cuttle (That makes a certain amount of sense.) or tell her return this cuttle to Boril (I think you should give it to Boril instead of selling it.)
    Q135oYqoGB.bmp
    Results:
    Agree with Orona and give her collected cuttle: ???

Tell her return this cuttle to Boril: she won't be happy, but agree and pay you some gold:

EPFXjVrmVk.bmp
    Edited by Runhent on April 16, 2014 10:26PM
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other than loot and which sides lives/dies is there any difference for "Vengeance of the Oppressed" in Deshaan?
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Runhent
    Runhent
    ✭✭✭
    Quest: Nothing Left to Waste
    Zone: Obsidian Gorge, Deshaan
    Options: 1) Give the trinkets to Kotholl.
    2) Tell Kotholl to return the trinkets to merchants' families and ask them for his back pay.
    aQVZHvPb7X.bmp
    Results:
    1) Give the trinkets to Kotholl - ???

2) Tell Kotholl to return the trinkets to merchants' families and ask them for his back pay - after a few hard words Kotholl will agree. Reward:
    xY7Ylm7PuO.bmp
  • Runhent
    Runhent
    ✭✭✭
    Quest: Vengeance of the Opressed
    Zone: Mournhold, Deshaan
    Options: 1) Acompany Betina to her family house without telling about the ambush.
    2) Warn Betina about the ambush.
    DH6t8Hrz03.bmp
    Results:
    1) Acompany Betina to her family house without telling about the ambush - ???

2) Warn Betina about the ambush - she will ask you to met her near her house and ebter it. Thewe will be two Argonian killers inside, and you must defeat them. After all VBetina will talk to you outside the house and give you a reward.

5vx86vK15f.bmp

HX9CbYZaO6.bmp

RncyL69490.bmp

F2mYUjhkn3.bmp

YHJ8qtf.jpg

Quest: A Favor Returned
    Options: 1) Do all by yourself.
    2) Persuade Naryu to do all herself.
    60nyAJ4U66.bmp
    Results:
    1) Do all by yourself - ???

2) [Persuade] Naryu to do all herself - request you a Mage Guild skill, and Naryu will send you to the basement for a bottle of wine. And she will flirt with Thauravil Dres, lure him upstairs and stun. So you will be able to grab a key and go to the Dres farm.

AX82Qp1YRE.bmp

RZET91v15P.bmp

7kH1cl1ola.bmp
  • Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kendaric wrote: »
    the guild quest one is complete ***. i'm *** out of 2 skill point BECAUSE i did the right thing? how the *** does this make sense. now people who are *** get an advantage.

Doing the right thing is a reward in itself :)

Two skillpoints hardly matter in the long run, you'll get plenty of skill points anyway.

Two skillpoints matters, and when you are given the reward options of free skill points or "only the moral feeling" one of them can help you become stronger in the game (reward) and by contrast the other does nothing (punishment).

I shouldn't be punished for "doing the right thing." I should be rewarded with the same bonus. Why should jerks be given an advantage over "moral people" by being given skill points?

The reward of "the good feeling" is not mutually exclusive; a jerk will feel good about the choice they made, thus claiming both rewards. By contrast, a player who makes the moral choice might have their feelings turn bitter to learn the other side of the coin, meaning they lose the "reward" and now have 2 punishments; not getting 2 skill points, or a good feeling.

Within; Without.
  • Runhent
    Runhent
    ✭✭✭
    Quest: Mechanical Murder
    Zone: Mzithumz, Deshaan
    Options: 1) Kill Ithis Omalor.
    2) Bring Ithis Omalor to the Hlaalu.
    o81g3tKyPG.bmp
    Results:
    1) Kill Ithis Omalor - ???

2) Bring Ithis Omalor to the Hlaalu - he will be thankful to you for saving his life from Dwaemer constructs. And Hlaalu guards will be very happy for such "gift". Not sure that Ithis will be happy after their hands, but he will be alive. Maybe.

Quest: The Seal of Three (Vivec's blessing)
    Options: You must resolve a murder.
    Results:
    Varen dueled Belronen:
    p72iMk302z.bmp

Fenila Redoran wanted Vamen dead, poisoned the blade that killed Belronen and made Belronen face Vamen:
    KH5V8Ual2m.bmp

Morami Hlaaulu wanted to discredit Belronen:
    9eNp2vwDfL.bmp

Vivec's choise:
    0GOlDmmG6y.bmp

7w0ys4hNou.bmp

You may choose Morami or Fenila. They are both guilty. I chose Fenila - because she is spiteful. And I don't like House Redoran :smile:

Detailed information is here.

Quest: Search and Rescue
    Zone: Deepcrag Den, Deshaan
    Options: 1) Return the Amulet to Edrasa and save her reputation.
    2) Bring the Amulet to Boril and tell him about Edrasa's fault.
    4Ugim40zl6.bmp
    Results:
    1) Return the Amulet to Edrasa and save her reputation - she will be very happy and promise to help workers and to not be so silly in the future. Also you will tell Boril that didn't find any clues. He thinks it's strange.

ukF35Dk.jpg

2) Bring the Amulet to Boril and tell him about Edrasa's fault - ???
    Edited by Runhent on April 21, 2014 10:53PM
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you implicate Edrasa he sends her to his familys farm that shell hate more. Think its netches?
  • cagansuleb17_ESO
    *****Spoiler*****

Quest : Schism (Free our Goblin Brothers decision part)
    Zone : Shadowfen

1) If you agree with the argonian Mihail to drive the goblins back to their swamp he won't survive.If you go back you will find his dead body that has a "E" to interact with his body but nothing is offered.(not sure they fix it)

2) If you agree with other guy (don't remember the name) he will hand the totem to Suuri Dreth.She will enslave goblins and make the mine work again.She will give you some gold and Stonegrinder's Dagger (green lvl 25 weapon).Also that decision will make the agronians -who work in mine- mad.They keep saying that slavery is not a part of the Pact and you dishonored the Pact.

*****Spoiler*****
  • cagansuleb17_ESO
    *****Spoiler*****

Quest : A Poisoned Heart

Choose One :
    1) Give Rhea the poison : If you give Rhea the poison she gives you 223 gold and Strap of Mist Evasion (lvl 30 green heavy armor belt).She casts a spell on Marius and stuns him.Also she disappears. Quest line ends.

2) Give Marius the poison : If you give Marius the poison he gives the same reward.After completion he kills Rhea and runs away.Quest line ends.

*****Spoiler*****
  • Chryos
    Chryos
    ✭✭✭✭
    bah lol ive made misclicks on some of my decisions, cant undo those!
    If I am going to quote someone, it's going to be me.
  • Laurelinde
    Runhent wrote: »
    Options: Take Madras' side (I'll help you.) or try to save peasants' lives and take guards' side (Peasants going up against the Maulborn? That's suicide. You'll alll die. Let me deal with this.)
    4IP6GKE4I5.bmp
    Results:
    Try to save peasants' lives: Madras will be offended. But everyone will be alive. Almost.

If you take Madras' side, most of the peasants die, although the councillor is saved.

Bright-Marsh-Iris / Ebonheart Pact EU
  • cagansuleb17_ESO
    *****Spoiler*****

Quest : Pull the Last Fang

Options :
    1) Give the fangs to Sharava
    2) Give the fangs to Looks-Under-Rocks

1) If you give the fangs to Sharava she will thank you and give your reward.Quest line ends.

2) If you give the fangs to Looks-Under-Rocks everyone in the area will cover in fear and Aspect of Sithis appears.You need to talk to her.She wants you to give 1 fang to her and keep it the other one.Also she says you will meet someday.After you complete conversation with her Shadowscales and she disappears.When you talk to Looks-Under-Rocks he thanks to you and you get your reward.Quest line ends.

You get the same reward in both situations.

*****Spoiler*****
    Edited by cagansuleb17_ESO on April 26, 2014 12:15PM
  • Kiralya
    Kiralya
    Quest: The Dagger's Edge
    Zone: Glenumbra, The Shrieking Scar
    Options:
    - Tell Glvin to Finish the Job (and get paid)
    - Tell Gelvin to confront Lord Diel
    Finish the job:
    Gelvin says he has never broken a law and always wanted to do the right thing. He agrees to take the money, though says that his conscience will bother him.
    You will have two options: blackmail Diel to pay you more (you get 228 gold and Dagger's Combat Stompers according to the video) or pay Daggers more (no idea whether this affects your reward).
    ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjl_Lp49yIs at 4:57 )

Do the right thing:
    Karma happens to Diel. Also, Bumnog has already figured things out and secretly "secured a payment" from Diel earlier. He now asks you to deliver it to Gelvin, saying you found it on Diel. Now you have two options: do as Bumnog asked (you get 228 gold and Dagger's Combat Stompers, lvl 8 medium shoes, and the team's happy) or rattle on him (no idea whether this affects your reward).
  • Lalaeith
    Lalaeith
    ✭✭✭
    Quest: Crossroads
    Zone: Bal Foyen
    Options: Either help Captain Rana at the docks or Darj the Hunter at Fort Zeren.
    Results: Helping Captain Rana at the docks will make sure she, her lieutenant from Bleakrock and the Earth-turner girl survives.
    However, when you go to Fort Zeren, everyone there is dead (aside from one mourner). It's quite the carnage.
    Later on, for her actions and defending the docks, Captain Rana is promoted. I don't know what happens if you pick the fort.
    Choosing the Fort over the docks will allow the people there to survive, but the docks will be slaughtered in turn and Rana, her lieutenant and the Earth-turner girl will die. They are later honoured for their sacrifice in Davon's Watch (they are lying on stones northeast of the bank, almost perfectly diagonally, with the survivors in mourning around).

Actually I have somethin to add there. Your choice seems to get important again at a level 39 Quest called Concealed Weapons in the Rift
    You meet Aera Earth-turner again and as the quest progresses come to a point where she has gone mad because of the death of her girl at the docks. She joined the Worm Cult who promised her to reunite her with her daugther if she gives them information on the Pact. And you get to choose again. Kill her or tell her to go away and never return. I haven't decided yet :D

That is pretty awesome. I would really like to hear what that Quest is like if you cose to defend the docks and the girl survived.
    Edited by Lalaeith on May 1, 2014 10:46PM
  • Soulless_God

If you chose the truth, look carefully: down in the river near ebonheart, you'll find her lifeless body washed up against a rock as well
    Edited by Soulless_God on May 5, 2014 4:43AM
    You stare into the void, and the void stares back...
  • Runefell
    Runefell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Runhent wrote: »
    Quest:

4IP6GKE4I5.bmp
    Results:

To flesh out the results, if you take Madras's side-
    You make them pretty happy and excited. You're sent off to steal weapons from the kinhouse to arm the peasants. They try to figure out which end is the pointy one, then rush off to rescue everybody without waiting for you. With, sadly, pretty predictable results.
    Edited by Runefell on May 10, 2014 12:16AM
    Rune Fell- Dunmer Mag Sorcerer (DC)~The Adventurer
    Runed Claws- Khajiit Stam Dragonknight (DC) ~The Tank
    Rain Fell- Argonian Mag Templar (EP)~ The Healer
    Dragon Talon- Bosmer Stam Nightblade (AD) ~ The DPS