Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The way indrik vendor was done is unfair to the players

• jrfk2
    jrfk2
    ✭✭✭
    Supposedly the indriks don;t change each event, they change each quarter of the year, so you have multiple events to collect berries/feathers for the same indriks before they change again.
  • Living_Tribunal
    Living_Tribunal
    ✭✭✭
    jrfk2 wrote: »
    Supposedly the indriks don;t change each event, they change each quarter of the year, so you have multiple events to collect berries/feathers for the same indriks before they change again.

Doesn't seem to be the case after this past event. It's a whole new rotation now. The luminous indrik only had one event.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When you see the tickets available in the crown store you begin to understand.
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deter1UK wrote: »
    Since getting an indrik morph requires 60 (!) tickets, which is absolutely impossible to obtain in a single event without buying them for crowns, even if you carry over 12 from the last one, making the berries switch the very next event can't be called anything else.

Case in point -- my daughter, who only started playing recently, skipped on buying anything related to this year for tickets, spending them all on the would-be morph, and is now stuck with some Icebreath berries -- with them no longer being sold at the vendor.

At the very least, the rotation should have been announced loud and clear.

[Minor title edit.]

Yeah, I am still dealing with the emotional fallout from my Autistic daughter who was one berry short at the end of Zenethar and spent the last few weeks getting excited by the prospect of completing her Icebreath :frowning:

Poor decision to start mid-rotation
    And, yes, It's still Summer!

@ZOS_Kevin is there any way you might be able to help this person out? Let them purchase the berry now, or something else? Asking as a father.
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

Also, if older stuff was cheap and easy to get, it might hurt desire to participate in current events. If Indriks were cheap to get right now, people might skip events and say, "Meh. If I ever want this paladin costume it'll probably come back and be easy to get with excess tickets. Look at how cheap Indriks are now."

They did make them cheaper. As @tmbrinks mentioned, they were supposed to be "one time only" and "never returning" exclusive mount. Screw that & the people who spent the effort said ZOS, then they brought them back AND reduced the price to rub it in a little more to everyone who previously aquired the mount . Not only is your mount no longer exclusive, but these people get it considerably cheaper than you did!

I don't have a need for exclusivity, but it was sold that way and ZOS reneged that promise. Which is not customer-friendly.

It is also not customer friendly the way they brought the indrik vendor back, without being clear in availability and having forethought to the customer experience.
    It would be a sign of good customer service, if with the help of @ZOS_Kevin they could do a one-time adjustment to your daughter's account, due to the personal factors of the request, the fact it is just a cosmetic that is no longer exclusive, the fact that most people would assume Midyear in July to be part of the Summer, and the fact that they introduced the vendor midway through a cycle.
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jrfk2 wrote: »

Doesn't seem to be the case after this past event. It's a whole new rotation now. The luminous indrik only had one event.

It is the case. They just made a questionable choice by launching the indrik vendor on the last event of a quarter.
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did make them cheaper. As @tmbrinks mentioned, they were supposed to be "one time only" and "never returning" exclusive mount. Screw that & the people who spent the effort said ZOS, then they brought them back AND reduced the price to rub it in a little more to everyone who previously aquired the mount . Not only is your mount no longer exclusive, but these people get it considerably cheaper than you did!

*chuckle, they did the same with the season 1 apex mounts. They were supposed to be never returning.

Only they’ve brought them back multiple times, and minimally reskinned them what, 5 times or so now and repackaged them as season x apex. Just is what it is and one of the many things you have to shake your head over.

I wish I could give my indrik to the person’s autistic daughter. I relegated mine to a companion I rarely use after riding it for 5 minutes and deciding it looked, well - not a fit.
    Edited by Riptide on July 29, 2022 4:30PM
    Esse quam videri.
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Belegnole wrote: »
    Deter1UK wrote: »
    Since getting an indrik morph requires 60 (!) tickets, which is absolutely impossible to obtain in a single event without buying them for crowns, even if you carry over 12 from the last one, making the berries switch the very next event can't be called anything else.

Case in point -- my daughter, who only started playing recently, skipped on buying anything related to this year for tickets, spending them all on the would-be morph, and is now stuck with some Icebreath berries -- with them no longer being sold at the vendor.

At the very least, the rotation should have been announced loud and clear.

[Minor title edit.]

Yeah, I am still dealing with the emotional fallout from my Autistic daughter who was one berry short at the end of Zenethar and spent the last few weeks getting excited by the prospect of completing her Icebreath :frowning:

Poor decision to start mid-rotation
    And, yes, It's still Summer!

@ZOS_Kevin is there any way you might be able to help this person out? Let them purchase the berry now, or something else? Asking as a father.

Second that motion, for the same reason.
    Esse quam videri.
  • DivineKitty
    DivineKitty
    ✭✭✭
    [They did make them cheaper. As @tmbrinks mentioned, they were supposed to be "one time only" and "never returning" exclusive mount. Screw that & the people who spent the effort said ZOS, then they brought them back AND reduced the price to rub it in a little more to everyone who previously aquired the mount . Not only is your mount no longer exclusive, but these people get it considerably cheaper than you did!

[/quote]

I for one, am, happy that Indriks are being brought back. I started playing after the Indriks had phased out, and thus had none for a full year. And as for them being cheaper, well I still have to choose between an Indrik and the first time event reward this time, and without buying tickets with crown's I still have a finite amount, so it's about the same...
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The indriks were not stated to be one time only.

edit:
    Hey all, if you have incomplete Indrik evolutions from 2019 please hang tight for now. While we do not currently have any plans to bring back those berries, there is always a chance that we will do so in the future.

Edited by spartaxoxo on July 29, 2022 5:05PM
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't know summer was over.
    In Tamriel the seasons are
    Spring: mid-Jan to Early April (Jester's)
    Summer: Early April(Jubilee) to late June/Early July (post release event)
    Autumn: Mid July to Late Sept/Early Oct
    Winter: Oct(Witches) to Early Jan(New Life)

That was the most unclear part of the whole thing. I was pretty sure that the mayhem was still the summer event (and I'd have expected the next event to be, too), because summer is, in real world's northern hemisphere, one of two things -- three summer months (Jun to Aug) or even later, solstice (Jun 20thish) to equinox (Sep 20ish). Definitely not ending in June...

Reality vs. Game world....

Winter 12/21-3/20
    Spring 3/21-6/20
    Summer 6/21-9/20
    Fall 9/21-12/20

With the actual starting date for each season either starting on the 20th or 21st depending upon if it is a leap year or not.
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, I was on hiatus when they came out at first.

And really the bugaboos with time exclusivity is an aside anyway.

My experience with customer support being reasonable about things has been one of the things that I must say has been very positive. I don’t ask for things very often, I think twice total since release, but when I did I wrote a long letter and I was accommodated. One was a refund for something I bought on accident etc.

And I’m still very grateful for both things. As in it stands out as one of the reasons I keep coming back.

So I think for the parent of the autistic child who missed it by a berry it is worth writing the letter, and worth the karma of granting the request.

Edited by Riptide on July 29, 2022 4:46PM
    Esse quam videri.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Riptide wrote: »

Ah, I was on hiatus when they came out at first.

And really the bugaboos with time exclusivity is an aside anyway.

My experience with customer support being reasonable about things has been one of the things that I must say has been very positive. I don’t ask for things very often, I think twice total since release, but when I did I wrote a long letter and I was accommodated. One was a refund for something I bought on accident etc.

And I’m still very grateful for both things. As in it stands out as one of the reasons I keep coming back.

So I think for the parent of the autistic child who missed it by a berry it is worth writing the letter, and worth the karma of granting the request.

I agree. I think ZOS should help out this once (to this kid and maybe bring the berries back for New Life just this once) since they didn't give enough time for the last berries nor make it all that clear they wouldn't get a chance to finish them this event.
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

edit:
    Hey all, if you have incomplete Indrik evolutions from 2019 please hang tight for now. While we do not currently have any plans to bring back those berries, there is always a chance that we will do so in the future.

As I stated, the exclusivity isn't really the point, if anything making it cheaper to aquire now feels worse. I don't really care that it's available now, I'm glad people who want one can get one if they understand the convoluted availability. I don't want to further derail this thread from OP's specific request. However, I stand by my statement that they reneged. They did state they wouldn't be available in the future-

From the announcement of the berry introduction on 1/3/2019, long before your forum quote -
    "Starting with the Dawnwood Indrik in Q1, each quarter this year will provide a different set of berries AND therefore a different evolution for your Nascent Indrik. We’ll share details on each quarter’s events and Indrik evolutions in the future. Please note that the Indrik Berries you can collect each quarter will ONLY be available during that quarter. Previous Indrik Berries will not return once the next quarter has begun, meaning this is your only chance to acquire this specific evolution."
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/55477
    Xbox NA/EU
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LurgidBean wrote: »

edit:

As I stated, the exclusivity isn't really the point, if anything making it cheaper to aquire now feels worse. I don't really care that it's available now, I'm glad people who want one can get one if they understand the convoluted availability. I don't want to further derail this thread from OP's specific request. However, I stand by my statement that they reneged. They did state they wouldn't be available in the future-

From the announcement of the berry introduction on 1/3/2019, long before your forum quote -
    "Starting with the Dawnwood Indrik in Q1, each quarter this year will provide a different set of berries AND therefore a different evolution for your Nascent Indrik. We’ll share details on each quarter’s events and Indrik evolutions in the future. Please note that the Indrik Berries you can collect each quarter will ONLY be available during that quarter. Previous Indrik Berries will not return once the next quarter has begun, meaning this is your only chance to acquire this specific evolution."
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/55477

Right. Which meant it was your only chance that year, not forever. There was no immediate plans but they generally explicitly state something will be vaulted forever and can never return if that's what they mean. Which is why they also explicitly clarified they meant in the immediate future when they posted that.

They posted that clarification during on Twitter and the forums. It was not promised to be forever. I certainly understand this was where the confusion resulted from, but that they clarified long before they returned means they didn't renege imo.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on July 29, 2022 6:01PM
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    totally agree with the OP, I asked about this before the last event ended because the info was so vague:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/610110/when-exactly-do-the-indriks-availability-change#latest
  • Mellirus
    Mellirus
    ✭✭✭
    I have to agree with the OP as well.

I'm sincerely thankful to ZOS for bringing the Indriks back and was excited to finally complete my collection by getting the two last Indriks I was missing (Luminous and Dawnwood), but I didn't know I'd have to wait until Q1/Q2 2023 to do so.

The timing for the Luminous/Icebreath berries could have been better, but oh well. ESO is full of those limited time & FOMO things lately. At least the Indriks are (somewhat) back.
  • Alchemical
    Alchemical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, but I think it's worth being mindful the alternative was you literally weren't going to get them AT ALL. This is something they stressed over and over again at the end of the original indrik season they were NEVER coming back. As someone who got all but one on their first round, I empathize with the frustration. I always said they should bring them back, timed exclusivity is the lowest form of boasting.

But that said, the people who did them all the first time had to wait literal months for the feathers and berries to slowly release with very little flexibility about which events we could afford to skip due to their release window. If you missed the summer indriks, they'll be back next year. I think this is a fair compromise, so the people who already waited months (or a year in the original Dawnwood's case) to get theirs don't feel totally cheated by the fact people now can feasibly grind out one of their choice without the same time pressure/event restrictions (i.e. next year vs never).

I agree it was lame to start on the only week of the summer ones, but it's just like how they launched endeavors mid-crown crate season so you couldn't feasibly buy any of the valueable items from that season with them. Just another choice that seems ill thought out.
  • Shihp00
    Shihp00
    ✭✭✭
    Remember when they said that the Indriks were NEVER coming back? [snip] yeah they brought them back, ya'll should be grateful.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 30, 2022 5:20PM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For those curious how close to the time in-between posting the news page and clarifying that it was not forever they'd be gone, it was 8 minutes. A shame that they didn't edit the news page as well.

ETA: As you can see with the difference in likes, most didn't get the memo. This is just another example of the poor communication that comes from a result of the game news being all over the place leading to understandable confusion. Similar to how issues with communication caused OP to miss out.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on July 29, 2022 9:42PM
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Patience is a virtue :)

As long as people value your time. I wonder if these devs do considering how they can make you grind so hard. The sticker book was the best decision they made in years. Maybe ever. It reduced some of the grind we have to endure and made me feel cared for.
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Belegnole wrote: »

@Belegnole and @Riptide

Thank you for your support and good wishes , it is much appreciated!
  • kaushad
    kaushad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shihp00 wrote: »
    Remember when they said that the Indriks were NEVER coming back? [snip] yeah they brought them back, ya'll should be grateful.

I am. I've had two Dawnwood berries sitting in my collections (at least they aren't in the inventory) for years.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 30, 2022 5:21PM
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @MreeBiPolar

Can you do me a favor? DM me player details and just a brief description of the issue, just so I have that info in my inbox. I'll reach out and see if we can make an exception here, but making no promises. A different team is the end all be all in that department. I can reach out though.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    As for communicating Indrik rotation, we'll pass the feedback along and see if there is a better way to get that information across so more ppl see it next time.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they brought them back already the same year, at new year all of them were available again.
  • Shihp00
    Shihp00
    ✭✭✭
    kaushad wrote: »
    Shihp00 wrote: »

I am. I've had two Dawnwood berries sitting in my collections (at least they aren't in the inventory) for years.

Yeah, nobody else's fault they missed out on previous events. If this was another game > the indriks would've never returned.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 30, 2022 5:21PM
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... I've been stuck with 2 berries of the very first morph that came out with Summerset chapter for like 3 years. I finally turned them into the morphed indrik during the recent Zenithar's event.
    I also have a couple of pieces of the house from one of the events. And I guess I'll be stuck for several years, if the house will ever be available again.
    I mean, yeah, the tickets system implementation is very weird and participation in this tickets routine is certainly not fun/satisfying/rewarding.
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know what you mean OP.

My best bud who doesn't have all indrik evolutions yet was in the process of getting the Luminous indrik, she has 3/4 berries. And by the time she could buy the 4th berry, it's gone. So no idea how long it will take for her to get that indrik.

Why can't all Indrik berries be for sale, all at once?
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭

For those curious how close to the time in-between posting the news page and clarifying that it was not forever they'd be gone, it was 8 minutes. A shame that they didn't edit the news page as well.

ETA: As you can see with the difference in likes, most didn't get the memo. This is just another example of the poor communication that comes from a result of the game news being all over the place leading to understandable confusion. Similar to how issues with communication caused OP to miss out.

The original post was in January 2019. Where they said "Please note that the Indrik Berries you can collect each quarter will ONLY be available during that quarter. Previous Indrik Berries will not return once the next quarter has begun, meaning this is your only chance to acquire this specific evolution." There was no immediate update like you are saying. Your posts are from June, a YEAR AND A HALF later, where they reneged on the "ONLY available during that quarter" that they posted at the beginning of the *previous* year.
    I understand why they did it, $$ for already existing assets is like free $$. That decision came from much much higher up the chain, than anyone we have access to as players. However, it seems pretty obvious from this thread that the consumers believed they wouldn't be brought back due to the original, misleading communication on ZOS's part that they later changed.
    I'm not continuing this discussion, because you seem very set on putting all the blame on the individual player's fault for misunderstanding, and ignoring the 18 months it took for ZOS to change their mind, in addition to not communicating clearly when they did change.
    Edited by LurgidBean on July 30, 2022 2:48PM
    Xbox NA/EU