Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The way indrik vendor was done is unfair to the players

MreeBiPolar
MreeBiPolar
✭✭✭✭✭
Since getting an indrik morph requires 60 (!) tickets, which is absolutely impossible to obtain in a single event without buying them for crowns, even if you carry over 12 from the last one, making the berries switch the very next event can't be called anything else.

Case in point -- my daughter, who only started playing recently, skipped on buying anything related to this year for tickets, spending them all on the would-be morph, and is now stuck with some Icebreath berries -- with them no longer being sold at the vendor.

At the very least, the rotation should have been announced loud and clear.

[Minor title edit.]
Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on July 28, 2022 11:45PM
  • WinterHeart626
    WinterHeart626
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait….. there’s a rotation for these……. If there is, I’m going to be stuck with a bunch of stuff I can’t turn in…..
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I bought 1 or 2 (I think I did) for 10 total tickets. I thought I saw 2 choices in the last event, but I was still catching up to the latest set.

PC
    PS4/PS5
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well , there's what 8 morphs?

so your daughter will have to wait... 3 more months i guess.

Rule nr1 never buy the normal indrik, always invest everything on the upgrades, normal comes last when you don't want anything else
    Edited by francesinhalover on July 28, 2022 11:12PM
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the indriks. I have a few (the ones I considered to be the most beautiful), but I missed out on some of the pets, so that's what I'm doing on two accounts - getting the pets I still need. On my third account, I bought the base indrik on both PC NA and EU because I haven't decided which ones I want for the morphed versions yet. They'll all be available over the course of a year (I think I saw a list of what version when somewhere, but not sure where now), so I'll be able to figure out which ones I really want the most.

I also think I saw that this was supposed to be a regular thing from now on, so that could help. I wish I could remember where I read stuff - but I don't sorry!

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rule nr1 never buy the normal indrik, always invest everything on the upgrades, normal comes last when you don't want anything else

She's stuck with 3 berries, and I suspect it won't be 3 more months, but a year. The rotation seems to be seasonal. At least, I hope they will make all 12 available during new life.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes it is tricky.

It was announced tat they are bound to seasons, but it was not really explained what exact dates a season has I think.

I was uncertain so bought 4 morph-berries last event, and not the parts for the base one.
    People who bought the base (nascent) first, and then 2 berries, now have to wait 9 months for the next cycle.
    This was not well communicated I think.
  • carolingnight
    carolingnight
    ✭✭✭
    From the 8.0.1 Patch Notes.

mey50apxp9l4.png

Understandably, if you don't read patch notes (which I imagine is most people), you'll miss the message.

I got my indrik feathers knowing that I won't be able to get all the ones I want in a single event.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @carolingnight - that was where I read it! Thank you for having a better memory than I do!

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was announced, though "loud and clear" is debatable. You are correct in your other posts that it's a seasonal rotation, you are unfortunately incorrect that they will come back at new life, they will not. The icebreath won't be back until jubilee in April 2023. The current berries will be available during the two events in September, though (note the third event of the season requires owning high isle).

Here is the loud, but not so clear announcement:
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/62349
    Finally, the Impresario will be joined in the Belkarth festival grounds by a new colleague during the Zeal of Zenithar and all upcoming events: Nenulaure! This special merchant will offer a selection of indriks from previous years and events, with a cycling inventory as seasons change.

Nenulaure the Indrik Vendor

During the Zeal of Zenithar, Nenulaure will offer:

Luminous Indrik Berries
    Icebreath Indrik Berries
    Shimmering Indrik pet
    Rimedusk Indrik pet

These items will only stick around for a brief period before returning next year, so be sure to grab them before they’re gone!

Here is the clearer, but not so loud more detailed version

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/603795/pts-patch-notes-v8-0-1#latest
    In the event you never had a chance to finish any of your Indriks, or if the normal morphing collectible items don't suit your fancy, or if you're new and have a surplus of tickets, there is a new Indrik Vendor, Nenulaure, at the Belkarth festival grounds starting with this event. Here's how she works:

Any time the Impresario shows up in ESO, not just during Zeal of Zenithar, the Indrik Vendor will appear in Belkarth. She will offer a selection of past Indriks from previous years based on the season, with a cycling inventory as seasons change (lining up with event starts/ends when the seasonal change would happen in the middle of an event).
    She will always offer the Nascent Indrik feathers, which are now 5 Event Tickets each.
    She will have all four berries for each of the two seasonal Indriks on offer for that season, plus the two baby Indrik pets that match them, for 10 Event Tickets each.

The Indriks will cycle by season and return in the following year if you missed them. The seasonal rotation (subject to change) is as follows:

Spring (start of year): Dawnwood and Spectral Indrik berries, plus Springtide and Haunting Indrik pets
    Summer (middle of year): Luminous and Icebreath Indrik berries, plus Shimmering and Rimedusk pets
    Autumn (after Zeal and before Witches Festival): Onyx and Mossheart Indriks, plus Ebon-Glow and Sapling pets
    Winter (Witches Festival to end of year): Pure Snow and Crimson Indriks, plus Frost-Light and Rosethorn pets

All Indriks won't come back for New Life Festival like we do with the year's Morphing Collectibles or previous years' entire Indrik catalogue.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, something that was described as being "one time only" when they were released years ago, are re-released later during other events (diluting the "specialness" of them for those that got them initially), and you can't get all the things for both the current items AND the old items that were re-released in a single event?

I'd be thankful that the opportunity to get them has come back around for those that missed them initially, but it's utterly unfair to make the assumption that you'll basically be able to get 2 (or 3) years worth of items in a single event cycle.

You can also purchase event tickets (which I wouldn't doubt is the primary reason that they brought the indriks back) But until they make it so that you can't get all the new items in an event without buying them from the crown store, I think it's perfectly reasonable that somebody who wants to get multiple years worth of items might have to use the crown store event tickets to get some of the items.

But that's just my opinion on the matter. I understand that many may feel they are entitled to getting all the things.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Oathsworn - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    66,110 achievement points
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah found that out today on my newest account, which has zero indriks. I got the nascent and two feathers for one of the indriks they offered during the former event, but the other two feathers for that mount are not being offered this time. Oh well, back to searching for something else to spend tickets on. (I don’t like the indriks offered this time…I have them on my main account and never use them).
  • MaraxusTheOrc
    MaraxusTheOrc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patience is a virtue :)
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭

She's stuck with 3 berries, and I suspect it won't be 3 more months, but a year. The rotation seems to be seasonal. At least, I hope they will make all 12 available during new life.

i was going to say 3 events not months, anyways msg support, be respectfull to them and they might help you.
    keep 10 tickets with you just in case they might take them away to help you.
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I mean yeah. That's kinda the point. You're getting something for free, so you gotta wait. Just like seals of endeavor. [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 29, 2022 4:32PM
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was announced, though "loud and clear" is debatable. You are correct in your other posts that it's a seasonal rotation, you are unfortunately incorrect that they will come back at new life, they will not. The icebreath won't be back until jubilee in April 2023. The current berries will be available during the two events in September, though (note the third event of the season requires owning high isle).

Here is the loud, but not so clear announcement:
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/62349
    Finally, the Impresario will be joined in the Belkarth festival grounds by a new colleague during the Zeal of Zenithar and all upcoming events: Nenulaure! This special merchant will offer a selection of indriks from previous years and events, with a cycling inventory as seasons change.

Nenulaure the Indrik Vendor

During the Zeal of Zenithar, Nenulaure will offer:

Luminous Indrik Berries
    Icebreath Indrik Berries
    Shimmering Indrik pet
    Rimedusk Indrik pet

These items will only stick around for a brief period before returning next year, so be sure to grab them before they’re gone!

Here is the clearer, but not so loud more detailed version

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/603795/pts-patch-notes-v8-0-1#latest
    In the event you never had a chance to finish any of your Indriks, or if the normal morphing collectible items don't suit your fancy, or if you're new and have a surplus of tickets, there is a new Indrik Vendor, Nenulaure, at the Belkarth festival grounds starting with this event. Here's how she works:

Any time the Impresario shows up in ESO, not just during Zeal of Zenithar, the Indrik Vendor will appear in Belkarth. She will offer a selection of past Indriks from previous years based on the season, with a cycling inventory as seasons change (lining up with event starts/ends when the seasonal change would happen in the middle of an event).
    She will always offer the Nascent Indrik feathers, which are now 5 Event Tickets each.
    She will have all four berries for each of the two seasonal Indriks on offer for that season, plus the two baby Indrik pets that match them, for 10 Event Tickets each.

The Indriks will cycle by season and return in the following year if you missed them. The seasonal rotation (subject to change) is as follows:

Spring (start of year): Dawnwood and Spectral Indrik berries, plus Springtide and Haunting Indrik pets
    Summer (middle of year): Luminous and Icebreath Indrik berries, plus Shimmering and Rimedusk pets
    Autumn (after Zeal and before Witches Festival): Onyx and Mossheart Indriks, plus Ebon-Glow and Sapling pets
    Winter (Witches Festival to end of year): Pure Snow and Crimson Indriks, plus Frost-Light and Rosethorn pets

All Indriks won't come back for New Life Festival like we do with the year's Morphing Collectibles or previous years' entire Indrik catalogue.

Didn't know summer was over.
  • jrfk2
    jrfk2
    ✭✭✭
    Yep .. buy the berries for 1 indrink each event .. 39 tickets available this event .. plus any carry over you may have had up to 12 .. takes 40 tix to get all the berries for 1 indrik upgrade .. eventually you can use tix for the base indrik to upgrade

PS, life isn't fair ..
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Tamriel the seasons are
    Spring: mid-Jan to Early April (Jester's)
    Summer: Early April(Jubilee) to late June/Early July (post release event)
    Autumn: Mid July to Late Sept/Early Oct
    Winter: Oct(Witches) to Early Jan(New Life)
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    So, something that was described as being "one time only" when they were released years ago, are re-released later during other events (diluting the "specialness" of them for those that got them initially), and you can't get all the things for both the current items AND the old items that were re-released in a single event?

I'd be thankful that the opportunity to get them has come back around for those that missed them initially, but it's utterly unfair to make the assumption that you'll basically be able to get 2 (or 3) years worth of items in a single event cycle.

You can also purchase event tickets (which I wouldn't doubt is the primary reason that they brought the indriks back) But until they make it so that you can't get all the new items in an event without buying them from the crown store, I think it's perfectly reasonable that somebody who wants to get multiple years worth of items might have to use the crown store event tickets to get some of the items.

But that's just my opinion on the matter. I understand that many may feel they are entitled to getting all the things.

Well, I understand that many (or at least you) are inclined to completely twist what was said, and feel totally entitled to troll, but nope, it was only about the single item, not all of them, and the way it was announced. And yes, we even bought some of the tickets, too, just not enough to grab the whole thing at once. So... Fell like you made yourself enough of a fool?
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Tamriel the seasons are
    Spring: mid-Jan to Early April (Jester's)
    Summer: Early April(Jubilee) to late June/Early July (post release event)
    Autumn: Mid July to Late Sept/Early Oct
    Winter: Oct(Witches) to Early Jan(New Life)

That was the most unclear part of the whole thing. I was pretty sure that the mayhem was still the summer event (and I'd have expected the next event to be, too), because summer is, in real world's northern hemisphere, one of two things -- three summer months (Jun to Aug) or even later, solstice (Jun 20thish) to equinox (Sep 20ish). Definitely not ending in June...
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It was just a matter of [perhaps unfortunate] timing for the introduction of this vendor that the berries for the two Indriks which were available in the last event were only available, this year, in that event. But they will be back in the spring of next year.

This event starts with berries for two other variants, and they will be available in the events that occur prior to Witches Festival, which is when the rotation will change again.
    Edited by Grizzbeorn on July 29, 2022 5:42AM
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • FlopsyPrince
      FlopsyPrince
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I just realize I think I bought the useless pets.

What a waste!
      PC
      PS4/PS5
    • Dagoth_Rac
      Dagoth_Rac
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I am pretty sure that the "seasons" are just Q1/Q2/Q3/Q4. They are calling them seasons to sound more colorful and lore friendly. But I expect the Indrik cycle to line up with the regular event cycle. The mount pieces were available in Q2 and are now gone, and we have started the costume pieces for Q3. And the Indriks switched, too.

ZOS probably should have initiated Indrik vendor at start of a quarter/season, not the tail end of a quarter/season. That was unnecessarily confusing.

But getting prior year prizes will be either a choice ("I'd rather have an Indrik than this paladin costume") or something you get very slowly with excess tickets and likely a multi-year process.

Which I think is fine. All that Deadlands stuff will come back. And the current High Isle stuff will come back. Eventually, you'd need 100 tickets per day to get it all in one swoop.

Also, if older stuff was cheap and easy to get, it might hurt desire to participate in current events. If Indriks were cheap to get right now, people might skip events and say, "Meh. If I ever want this paladin costume it'll probably come back and be easy to get with excess tickets. Look at how cheap Indriks are now."
    • acastanza_ESO
      acastanza_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      The problem is that the quoted post does not make clear that they would rotate at Midyear! Midyear is still VERY MUCH the Summer! It isn't even August yet. They should not have rotated until the Witches Festival!
    • Bat
      Bat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The problem is that the quoted post does not make clear that they would rotate at Midyear! Midyear is still VERY MUCH the Summer! It isn't even August yet. They should not have rotated until the Witches Festival!

I agree, it would have made seasonal sense to keep the aforementioned evolutions during current event, the height of summer as it is.
    • WhiteCoatSyndrome
      WhiteCoatSyndrome
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Concur with OP. I had exactly 10 tickets at the end of Zeal, and figured I’d save them for the next dragon pet upgrade in case the following event was something I couldn’t/didn’t want to do.

But I only needed one more Berry to finish the ice indrik set, and if I’d known it wasn’t going to be available this time I’d have gotten that instead.
      #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
      A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
    • Living_Tribunal
      Living_Tribunal
      ✭✭✭
      Yea I was pretty bummed I wasn't going to get the luminous indrik. It says mid year (which this current event is called) so I thought I had atleast one more event to get the rest of the parts I need. Oh well....I guess...
    • Tommy_The_Gun
      Tommy_The_Gun
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Well, at least they added a way to obtain something that was unobtainable... so I guess it is um... a good thing. Sure, maybe implementable is not the best and some things could cost less, but hey - they actually made some things to cost less than during the original event. If I remember correctly, Feathers were 10 event tickets each during event, now at new merchant those are 5 event tickets each.

During various events there are always "surplus" event tickets. If I collect all tickets per event & buy what I can for gold (like event specific motives / outfits that can be traded), often I have to buy repair kits, so my event tickets won't be wasted. It is something ZOS probably intends - so that you don't get everything right away, but rather over time.

Speaking of things that were missed and are never going to be obtainable - there are more things like this. Indriks is just a part of it. Anniversary cakes for example. If you did not participate in the old anniversary event - then you for example can not get certain items.
      Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on July 29, 2022 11:17AM
    • KaGaOri
      KaGaOri
      ✭✭✭✭
      From the 8.0.1 Patch Notes.

mey50apxp9l4.png

Understandably, if you don't read patch notes (which I imagine is most people), you'll miss the message.

I got my indrik feathers knowing that I won't be able to get all the ones I want in a single event.

The thing is, that it is still "Summer (middle of year)" and yet the Luminous and Icebreath indriks are already gone and we are getting the two variants which were supposed to be available for Autumn. Call me dumb, but kind of expected Luminous and Icebreath to stay on vendor for more than single event and get the next two in September, or something. Or do ZOS devs think end of July counts as Autumn?

No, all indriks won't be available in New life, meaning whole year of waiting for missing berry for OP's daughter :disappointed: .
    • Deter1UK
      Deter1UK
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Since getting an indrik morph requires 60 (!) tickets, which is absolutely impossible to obtain in a single event without buying them for crowns, even if you carry over 12 from the last one, making the berries switch the very next event can't be called anything else.

Case in point -- my daughter, who only started playing recently, skipped on buying anything related to this year for tickets, spending them all on the would-be morph, and is now stuck with some Icebreath berries -- with them no longer being sold at the vendor.

[Minor title edit.]

Yeah, I am still dealing with the emotional fallout from my Autistic daughter who was one berry short at the end of Zenethar and spent the last few weeks getting excited by the prospect of completing her Icebreath :frowning:

Poor decision to start mid-rotation
      And, yes, It's still Summer!
      Edited by Deter1UK on July 29, 2022 11:49AM
    • Lady_Galadhiel
      Lady_Galadhiel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Same OP, I waited 2 years for the Indriks to come back, I was super excited to see the Luminous Indrik being at the vendor so I spended all my tickets to get 3 berries, then at the end I was left with 7 tickets and one berry short.

Their post is more than misleading because they seem to do it per quarter and not per season.

The third quarter starts July and Midyear Mayhem also, so it is the first q3 event and in ZOS post already counting as ''autumn''.

Do I need to wait yet another year to get the last berry for a mount I have been waiting 2 years before it returned?

Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
      ESO plus status: Cancelled
      ESO currently uninstalled.