Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Not only Nocturnal, Anyone looked at Mara’s Balm?

• FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Problem is without class reps I don't even know how to bring this issue to the devs.
    Being a defensive set it will likely not become widely used straight away as well, so it may be a while before they are aware:(
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I really hope you have seen this thread.

Currently I just use /feedback /bug (which I did as far as this set is concerned) on the PTS but on the forum? At most you can tag Team ZOS.

If this set goes live in its current form it will cause a huge rage in the game as soon as it spreads what is going on and hopefully it will spread quickly.

I hope it won't be like the necro bash that destroyed the game for months before it was fixed.

People are generally slower to catch onto things that doesnt kill them.
    Since this set doesnt do dmg it may be a bit before the masses wake up to how broken it is.

It will be like other sets similar to it. Spread slowly and then all at once everyone is wearing it. This set just has a head start i think in comparison.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    FrankonPC wrote: »
    Problem is without class reps I don't even know how to bring this issue to the devs.
    Being a defensive set it will likely not become widely used straight away as well, so it may be a while before they are aware:(

Currently I just use /feedback /bug (which I did as far as this set is concerned) on the PTS but on the forum? At most you can tag Team ZOS.

If this set goes live in its current form it will cause a huge rage in the game as soon as it spreads what is going on and hopefully it will spread quickly.

I hope it won't be like the necro bash that destroyed the game for months before it was fixed.

Since this set doesnt do dmg it may be a bit before the masses wake up to how broken it is.

It will be like other sets similar to it. Spread slowly and then all at once everyone is wearing it. This set just has a head start i think in comparison.

I hope every pvp content creator uses this set on all builds, maybe then zos will see it xD.
    As much as I hate the set I will use it as much as possible, to make as many broken op builds as I can.
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope every pvp content creator uses this set on all builds, maybe then zos will see it xD.
    As much as I hate the set I will use it as much as possible, to make as many broken op builds as I can.

I'll be using it and I'd advise everyone else to do the same.
  • Zabagad
    Zabagad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I will sell any piece I get until the nerf arrives.
    (because I play NoCP :) )
    PC EU (noCP AD) Grey/Grau AD
    Please raise the population caps.
    @ZOS - Convert the heal on "Hardened Ward" into a HoT pls.
  • paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if the debuff proc from Kynemarchers Cruelty will proc Nocturnals Ploy.
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posting a new video tomorrow. This set cannot make it live. This is a 1 v 3 and i'm adding roughly 800-1k HPS per person i face. No blocking, dodging, or avoiding damage...i'm just standing there and i can survive 3 people hitting me with zero burst heals. This set needs a cooldown at minimum or else every player will have walking ball group level healing depending on the players they face.

dvwld7p746tu.png
    Edited by FrankonPC on August 15, 2022 6:11AM
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posting a new video tomorrow. This set cannot make it live. This is a 1 v 3 and i'm adding roughly 800-1k HPS per person i face. No blocking, dodging, or avoiding damage...i'm just standing there and i can survive 3 people hitting me with zero burst heals. This set needs a cooldown at minimum or else every player will have walking ball group level healing depending on the players they face.

dvwld7p746tu.png

Damm, I'm not surprised. Thank you for doing this test.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still curious how light, medium and heavy attacks only from regular crafted gear (no sets) and no slotted skills would affect this set.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• sabresandiego_ESO
    sabresandiego_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here’s the deal: If Maras is too good then it should be adjusted down to still be good but not overpowering.

There is a tendency on these forums to try and destroy every new set that’s good into absolute uselessness so that the game plays the exact same as in the past. It always comes from people who can’t handle change.
    Ali Dreadsabre -Necromancer
    Ali Sabre -Nightblade
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here’s the deal: If Maras is too good then it should be adjusted down to still be good but not overpowering.

There is a tendency on these forums to try and destroy every new set that’s good into absolute uselessness so that the game plays the exact same as in the past. It always comes from people who can’t handle change.

Nobody on here has any say on how they wind up nerfing anything, and how bad they nerf things has no bearing on whether something should be nerfed or nor. Wayy too much healing potential in this set
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a pretty large difference between good and every player will run the set.

This appears to be a set that every player will be running to stay competitive. That pushes it past being just good.

Conversely to your argument, there is a tendency for players who rely on sets to bridge their ability gap to vehemently defend clearly overpowered sets.

And much much more often than not, the players who are trying to get adjustments done in PTS to strong sets before they end up on the live server are the very players who will absolutely wreck you with those same sets if they are not changed.

Like, they are asking ZOS to nerf the set, and in essence themselves, before it becomes a problem on live.

Take many of the more recent examples, like DC, or Plagebreak, or Oakensoul. If you think players who used these items to bridge the skill gap are the ones who are using the sets effectively you don't know what you are talking about. The players who are dominating with these sets are the same players who told the playerbase during PTS that they would in fact use these overpowered sets to dominate and maybe ZOS should nerf them before that can happen.

The players in this thread saying that Mara and even Nocturnal are too strong will 100% be using those sets next patch if they are unchanged, and then players who try to defend the sets on PTS will come on into the forums and complain that there are so many unkillable builds, and why can't I do damage to other players, and is everyone cheating, and why would Zos introduce such overpowered sets. Yall get outraged when competent PVP players call out overpowered sets and suggest nerfs on PTS, which is the intention of PTS, and then complain when the set goes live and those same players use the set that didn't get changed, and then yall post the same nerf threads about sets that went live.
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This part of your statement is right.

This part of your statement is wrong.

Most of the time, the people on the forums asking for nerfs are asking for small tweaks. But every single time, ZOS takes the sledgehammer out and nerfs it into oblivion.

Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • mc_gijoe
    mc_gijoe
    Casdha wrote: »
    I'm still curious how light, medium and heavy attacks only from regular crafted gear (no sets) and no slotted skills would affect this set.

I think that is the desired build to combat this set.

I'm Guessing no proc, no bleed, weapon skills and buffs only.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I keep hoping that come patch day, there will be a cool-down on the heal at very least. My regular group plans to all run it. I will run it. I just don't want to have to. I often make due like right now; I put away my oakensoul build and run 2 bar. I see my disadvantage when I rebuff and am still receiving constant pressure, but I've gotta be me (queue song)
    Edited by TechMaybeHic on August 16, 2022 12:29PM
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This part of your statement is wrong.

Most of the time, the people on the forums asking for nerfs are asking for small tweaks. But every single time, ZOS takes the sledgehammer out and nerfs it into oblivion.

Tbf, most of 'nerf _____' posts don't contain how it should be adjusted, they just state 'nerf this set/skill/class/whatever because it op or it kills me a lot, nuff said'. Not that I think it will make a huge difference to how ZOS adjust things with sledgehammer but they do nerf in the most suggested way to nerf something, albeit very very rarely.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah I'm not doing pvp until they fix this set. Between that and nocturnal it's just not going to be fun.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I need to figure out what sets I want to use with it. At least some of my characters will still want to use Plaguebreak and Dark Convergence but I don't know if I want to replace with the annoying Nocturnal's Ploy set or another set.

Decisions decisions lol.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm not doing pvp until they fix this set. Between that and nocturnal it's just not going to be fun.

if maras balm isnt nerfed, i might actually spend time in the no proc/no cp camp, the no procs i feel is boring, but using a dot build (thats getting nerfed, in addition to maras balm may not even make it feasible in the proc campaigns until the dots are un-nerfed and maras is reigned in)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

if maras balm isnt nerfed, i might actually spend time in the no proc/no cp camp, the no procs i feel is boring, but using a dot build (thats getting nerfed, in addition to maras balm may not even make it feasible in the proc campaigns until the dots are un-nerfed and maras is reigned in)

It will be nerfed. Maybe not right away but it will be nerfed. It's why I'll use it but I'm not investing transmutes into it for other characters.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It will be nerfed. Maybe not right away but it will be nerfed. It's why I'll use it but I'm not investing transmutes into it for other characters.

im sure it will be too, but i dont want to change my toons build lol

but i might make something to replace plague if that feels too nerfed, maybe go with scavenging demise or something more bursty
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities