Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Not only Nocturnal, Anyone looked at Mara’s Balm?

• neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should we place bets on how many "Nerf Nocturnal" posts are going to be made within the first week of patch?
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would I be surprised by this being left alone...they still think Nocturnals is a good idea, might as well roll with this bad idea too.
    Is there no one left on the dev team to be a voice of reason?
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mara’s Balm – Heavy
    2 – Adds 1487 Armor
    3 – Adds 424 Critical Resistance
    4 – Adds 4% Healing Taken
    5 – When a negative effect is removed from you, restore 2111 Health. When you take damage and have 6 or more negative effects, cleanse all negative effects. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

This set healing output is disgusting, probably the best in the game.
    Its like "Robes of the Hist" on steroids+ Wyrd Tree's Blessing+ Eternal Warrior, backed together.
    On a templar this set is a free "Breath of Life" every time you use "Extended Ritual".

This is what I see sweaty players on PTS using ATM, not Nocturnal.

It's too late. Restoration staffs are going to be an offensive weapon in PvE and this set will be on every "OP" and "unkillable" build. I truly don't want to play PVP next patch. After Dark Convergence, the plague break, and then oakensoul... I'm just tired of the abuse.
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp, looks like the set is going live as is. Time for everyone to run it and be unkillable for a few months.

Going to edit this because it wasn't a fair statement to make. I thought and think this set is busted for outnumbered but it's tough to quantify that without having an environment to actually test that. The annoying part is that once sets like these go live they stay live for at least a patch, which is why potentially problematic sets are so annoying.

I wish they'd be quicker to adjust when stuff is broken.
    Edited by FrankonPC on August 8, 2022 6:16PM
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mara’s Balm – Heavy
    2 – Adds 1487 Armor
    5 – When a negative effect is removed from you, restore 2111 Health. When you take damage and have 6 or more negative effects, cleanse all negative effects. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

Its like "Robes of the Hist" on steroids+ Wyrd Tree's Blessing+ Eternal Warrior, backed together.
    On a templar this set is a free "Breath of Life" every time you use "Extended Ritual".

And warden can have cleanse for free /netch
    Guess this is a good news for wardens :D
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hist sap and crimson's baby lmao

Like here I thought Pale Order and Surge was good or I was clever for using old Steadfast hero with necro cleanse but this is so much better and has no need to combine with anything else for the auto heal. Malubeth without the % proc/range lol?

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mara’s Balm – Heavy
    2 – Adds 1487 Armor

It's too late. Restoration staffs are going to be an offensive weapon in PvE and this set will be on every "OP" and "unkillable" build. I truly don't want to play PVP next patch. After Dark Convergence, the plague break, and then oakensoul... I'm just tired of the abuse.

sounds like the no proc camp might be a relief for some people lol

dark convergence and plague already dont work there, i doubt maras or nocturnals would work there either, and because no proc is no cp, theres no occult overload either
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone test if the snare reapplication from Puncturing Strikes also procs the set? Because if so, then jabs is even more dead in pvp :D
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Did anyone test if the snare reapplication from Puncturing Strikes also procs the set? Because if so, then jabs is even more dead in pvp :D

@Firstmep

Lol it does. If your target has resistances high enough you heal him instead of damaging him :trollface::trollface::trollface::trollface::trollface::trollface::trollface::trollface::trollface:

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_Gilliam
    Edited by Mayrael on August 10, 2022 9:55AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

@Firstmep

Lol it does. If your target has resistances high enough you heal him instead of damaging him :trollface::trollface::trollface::trollface::trollface::trollface::trollface::trollface::trollface:

I guess its par for the "healing class", haha :D
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Firstmep

I guess its par for the "healing class", haha :D

lol xD
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Invincible tank meta here we come
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow huge buff Warden
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    Wow huge buff Warden

Since the set works on reapplying or even expiring negative effects, warden doesn't benefit much more than other classes.

• TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And the last thing anyone wants, is to be pulled into a pile from rush of agony, DC into an auto purge PB. Small numbers probably fine but large scale fights... Maybe single bar just to control it's auto at 6
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow huge buff Warden

Since the set works on reapplying or even expiring negative effects, warden doesn't benefit much more than other classes.

Ya, I would say Templars will benefit the most. Getting up to 11k burst heal every time you cleanse is quite a big deal. But ya, the combination of this set with rallying cry is a back bone of extremally tanky setup. Nerfed LA and dots +Buffed vigor that heals for tons and give extra free 3k armor. Ya, MinMaxers will not die on this upcoming patch.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wow huge buff Warden

Ya, I would say Templars will benefit the most. Getting up to 11k burst heal every time you cleanse is quite a big deal. But ya, the combination of this set with rallying cry is a back bone of extremally tanky setup. Nerfed LA and dots +Buffed vigor that heals for tons and give extra free 3k armor. Ya, MinMaxers will not die on this upcoming patch.

Was thinking about the same setup too.
    And with this setup you can either fit in sea serpent or balorgh to carry your damage.

This set actually makes sea serpent look really good tbh, since that mythic is amazing if you can tank a fair amount of damage.
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow huge buff Warden

And with this setup you can either fit in sea serpent or balorgh to carry your damage.

This set actually makes sea serpent look really good tbh, since that mythic is amazing if you can tank a fair amount of damage.

Exactly, So boring... At least update 3 is always the shortest one, by October we will have another PTS cycle.
    Wake Me Up When September Ends.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow huge buff Warden

My thought was actually pairing this with Oakensoul to help with some of the healing that the limited bar space takes away from. Oaken provides plenty of pressure offensively to make up for the defensive nature of Mara's Balm.

Just go ham really, and pair Oaken, Mara, and Nocturnal. Just double down on this patch lol.
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wyrd Tree's Blessing
    Type Overland
    ArmorSet bonus
    (2 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    (3 items) Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
    (4 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    (5 items) When you cast a Magicka ability, you remove all negative effects from yourself. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

Looks like a good combo for classes who dont have cleanse.
    i see no problem in both sets.
    15 sec cd is decent and heal isnt that huge / in pvp atelast
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runkorko wrote: »
    Wyrd Tree's Blessing
    Type Overland
    ArmorSet bonus
    (5 items) When you cast a Magicka ability, you remove all negative effects from yourself. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

You get more heals than just the one on a 15 second cd
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Runkorko wrote: »
    Wyrd Tree's Blessing
    Type Overland
    ArmorSet bonus

You dont even need to run a purge with mara, you just get passive healing from the set by playing normally, so many things proc it.
  • FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy
    ✭✭
    Lets just hope the healing when negative effects are reapplied is a bug, so it might get fixed before it goes live.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_Kevin

I've been doing some testing with this set on the PTS.

Remember undertaker? The set that was bugged, and was providing so much healing that people using it were unkillable? The set you had to hotfix?

Mara's balm provides similar, and in many cases more healing than that set. It gets a purge mechanic to boot, aswell.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets just hope the healing when negative effects are reapplied is a bug, so it might get fixed before it goes live.

They could just put a 1 second gcd on the individual heals also. Og seventh legion, undertaker, hist sap etc all were abused and then adjusted similarly.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dev standard , 5 sec gcd

No doubt , Dev forgot about this set at 8.14 ....
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Problem is without class reps I don't even know how to bring this issue to the devs.
    Being a defensive set it will likely not become widely used straight away as well, so it may be a while before they are aware:(
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I really hope you have seen this thread.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem is without class reps I don't even know how to bring this issue to the devs.
    Being a defensive set it will likely not become widely used straight away as well, so it may be a while before they are aware:(

Currently I just use /feedback /bug (which I did as far as this set is concerned) on the PTS but on the forum? At most you can tag Team ZOS.

If this set goes live in its current form it will cause a huge rage in the game as soon as it spreads what is going on and hopefully it will spread quickly.

I hope it won't be like the necro bash that destroyed the game for months before it was fixed.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Currently I just use /feedback /bug (which I did as far as this set is concerned) on the PTS but on the forum? At most you can tag Team ZOS.

If this set goes live in its current form it will cause a huge rage in the game as soon as it spreads what is going on and hopefully it will spread quickly.

I hope it won't be like the necro bash that destroyed the game for months before it was fixed.

People are generally slower to catch onto things that doesnt kill them.
    Since this set doesnt do dmg it may be a bit before the masses wake up to how broken it is.

• CapnCrunchYT
    CapnCrunchYT
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS please dont let this go live.. The last thing we want is another crimson meta