Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Save The Oakensoul Ring

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    J18696 wrote: »
    The problem with this build is... you would still melt in PvP if you would 1v3 or 1vX, or maybe even 1v1 some one who is a at least decent.

How do I know this ?

Because I played a WW build with similar stats and with around 4 - 5K health recovery, before health recovery was nerfed in PvP. WW takes 25% more poison damage and extra damage from Fighters Guild. So if some one is placing on you just a tiny poison dot, then it nullifies health recovery (and don't let me start about defiles lol). On top of that, once you heal 3 times - then you are just free AP. And with Plaguebreak being so popular - you don't even need a decent skill to counter WW.

Right now, on live server I use a healing sets on my WW that give similar passive healing - because that is the only way to minimize DoT pressure, as WW can't remove it with clense or other negative effects removal and they don't have access to any decent HoT.

Also... lets be serious. 30K stamina, 3.6K penetration & 3.7K weapon damage... What are you expecting to kill on your own with that ? This build is just a tank with no damage... and it is not even a good tank lol... it is made out of were-wool.
    Options
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yarcanine wrote: »
    the mythic is only part of what makes ww a problem, seeing you can do something very close to what i show in this video on the live sever. the problem with WW is uptime you should be able to have 100% up time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW2ohk7mKdU

There's nothing in the game since 2016 that gives 10k HP recovery, if you believe this potato. Then the game as a whole is in trouble, because these HP stats for pvp is not true. And id put 100$ on it to prove me wrong and if you can hit 10152 HP recovery in pve ! Dude is a drama queen trying to get it nerfed because of bias views in pvp.

Sure WW will be strong but when but that doesnt mean you cant counter it with a templar so and with the CP nerf and healing buff ... Templars are gods !

Disbuildinformation !

I am the person who made the build he is showing the stats of in that video and it is certainly possible to reach over 10k hp regen the fact you don't know how todo it is the reason I'm not making it public do we really need these types of wolves in cyro
    1. You will never kill them
    2. They will just annoy you untill you cave in and die
    3. And ontop of that it can still reach mid 5k weapon damage range and its more than enough to kill majority of ppl in cyro

Ok cool what is it then ?

All I see is words sir ? I'd like to test theories for practicable application for a better understanding.

"I'm not making it public" shows I can perhaps photoshop numbers then claim it to be factual. I been theorycrafting for 7 years, so your claims seem a bit unreasonable. The last time HP regen hit 10k was in 2016 with org scales and beekeeper and that was a proc for 10k when HP regen wasn't nerfed in pvp and they would still die. So help me understand your point, because for competent players who understand seems a bit fishy.

It's not that complicated, you just stack percentage modifiers. I played around in the build edditor for a bit and got similar numbers with Alessians and Willows with some recovery glyphs on a nightblade.

I'm not talking about build editor I'm talking practicable on the PTS ! Solo on WW in PVP 5076k HP regen w/ no group buffs - its very simple to understand. As he stated in the video he reached 10k in pve so show me 10152 + in pve with no group buffs just solo !

this isnt the same build from jtk video its just fast sets thrown together to prove you can self buff above 10k quite easy and im not going to show you the sets because :P i dont have to and its funny
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOoA65X3SHs

Ok cool is the ring on ?

How do I know ... thats the point of the video

11k HP regen so with emp buff you can reach 11k in pvp then correct ? 😂

And your not going to show me the sets either ? C'mon bro I was born on a day but it wasn't yesterday.

That's the point of proving me wrong if he is trying to nerf the ring by showing stats of 5k hp regen with emp buff in pvp why didn't he show the show the full cancer of it ? Seems very odd then...

And you did me favor you made a troll build that cant kill anyone.... your WW hits like a wet noodle " if " the WW is wearing the ring you cant tank a small group but fighting vetted players you will lose. LOL

Thus proving my point of how the ring isn't that OP !

Mr. I'm not going to show the sets with Qakensoul - show me !

Wow. You seriously can't admit that you were wrong despite getting video evidence?

He doesn't need to show you the exact equipment, you can tell just by looking at the stats that it's only possible with the ring. It's probably the only legit way getting those stats outside of emperor in pvp or the set for holding Telvar, also pvp.

Emperor buff doesn't work in pve and he's clearly in Skyreach, a pve instanced dungeon, with no group and completely solo so it's odd that you bring up emp buff when it's not even possible to use in the video. You can't enter the dungeon without being in the same group and he showed a solid amount of time before he showed the stats which indicates he couldn't of been buffed from elsewhere.

I was also able to get around 10k hp regen on PTS, it's not rocket science to make, nor do I think it's a great pvp build to focus so heavily on hp regen, but you made a claim that it wasn't possible and then when proven wrong you denied and changed the paramaters. Just agree you were wrong.

Is this the specific reason why the ring should be nerfed? No.

Huh ?

Cant admit what ... What are you even saying over there ... The entire point is relevant on my other post. Yes sure congrats on 11k HP regen ! I understand you are trying to prove your point of what I said and how I said it. But what you failed to see is I'm playing chess when others are playing checkers.

You would like me to admit it ? Ok I was wrong HP regen is a thing or OP but this isnt OP for Solo or 1v1s this is ball group and small group bad. Then makes me think how long has this been going on and im very happy i only subbed for a month of ESO.

And the hundo was easy to make ... but your boi thinks its top secret ! Personally I'll find it by tomorrow on the PTS. As for this thread im over it because the real issue is regen not the ring. Hopefully Zos can buff defile again...

Good talk MM
    Options
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with this build is... you would still melt in PvP if you would 1v3 or 1vX, or maybe even 1v1 some one who is a at least decent.

How do I know this ?

Because I played a WW build with similar stats and with around 4 - 5K health recovery, before health recovery was nerfed in PvP. WW takes 25% more poison damage and extra damage from Fighters Guild. So if some one is placing on you just a tiny poison dot, then it nullifies health recovery (and don't let me start about defiles lol). On top of that, once you heal 3 times - then you are just free AP. And with Plaguebreak being so popular - you don't even need a decent skill to counter WW.

Right now, on live server I use a healing sets on my WW that give similar passive healing - because that is the only way to minimize DoT pressure, as WW can't remove it with clense or other negative effects removal and they don't have access to any decent HoT.

Also... lets be serious. 30K stamina, 3.6K penetration & 3.7K weapon damage... What are you expecting to kill on your own with that ? This build is just a tank with no damage... and it is not even a good tank lol... it is made out of were-wool.

Don't tell them that they will do something to try and prove you wrong they are the best in the world.

How do I know this ?

Curse Eater : : When you heal yourself or an ally with a direct heal ability, remove up to 3 negative effects from them. If a negative effect was removed this way, your target restores 678 Magicka. This effect can occur every 8 seconds per target.

on WW would be pretty good but at the same time CP tree has built in stuff like ..

Cleansing Revival Healing a target under 25% Health removes all harmful effects from them. This effect can occur once every 24 seconds.
    Options
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's nothing in the game since 2016 that gives 10k HP recovery, if you believe this potato. Then the game as a whole is in trouble, because these HP stats for pvp is not true. And id put 100$ on it to prove me wrong and if you can hit 10152 HP recovery in pve !
    I'm not talking about build editor I'm talking practicable on the PTS ! Solo on WW in PVP 5076k HP regen w/ no group buffs - its very simple to understand. As he stated in the video he reached 10k in pve so show me 10152 + in pve with no group buffs just solo !
    Ok show me ! Build editor isn't the actual game ESO there are things that can manipulate the stats. Show me on the PTS that's it and I'll send you a bill EZ peazy lol

Show me 10152 HP regen with no group buffs solo on a WW in Pve ? Then Show me 5076k Hp regen Solo no group buffs in on a WW in Pvp ?

You stated the same thing close to 6 times. The condition for your 100 bucks was pretty clear, eg. if you could get 10k reg in pve and/or 5k reg in pvp, solo, no emp using the ring on WW.. Well, here you go, video proof from my POV.

Some parts are sped up for convenience, but I look through my inventory, etc while being hurt. I also edited the fast parts to extend past the slow parts so you can see they match. Either way, I'm not sure why anyone would go to that trouble, but you claimed people were photoshopping videos, so...

I'll DM you my email for the 100 buckeroonies :D

Edit: Woops, I sped up the video, but not the audio during those parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fIftJDsjEM&ab_channel=MarshallTeixeira

In regards to hiding the details of the gear as the other person, I don't really care, whatever sheds light on the problem.
    1. ZOS would be nuts to allow this to hit live in pvp for WW in the current state.
    2. A fully invested HP regen build while annoying and trolly, isn't the best way to utilize this item. With or without the ring, these hp regen builds exist on live so thats not really the point. It's just an example of how high you can build into defence while still being somewhat effective in combat. Theres a billion different ways to do that and HP regen that gets cut in half for pvp isn't, imo, the best way to cheese this.

While I think it's a bad use of the ring, I was able to get 5.5k weapon/spell damage, 6k pen before debuffs, 35k armor, 5k hp regen, 46k health, 36k stam, 22k mag, 30% crit and more than enough stam/mag regen for my typical playstyle. Despite investing 100% into hp regen sets, enchants, 7 heavy armor and steed, UESP Build Editor shows I've got 7k effective weapon power.

As a comparison, I've got 2 bar builds that have about 22k armor, can't block(sithis), less regen, no hp regen, 30k health, 25k stam for 9-10k effective weapon power that rely on specific proc conditions to pull off, when this build is active 100% of the time.

Could easily swap to Orc/Imperial, lover mundus, damage enchants. Lower the health from 46k to 36-40k in favour of around 40k stamina.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on April 24, 2022 10:46AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
    Options
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first time I showed off my actual build with the ring one person accused me of photoshop and one said I was emperor then I show a 2nd setup just solely maxing out hp regen to show how high you could get it without any real effort you cry the ring isn't even on yes I'm sure ppl will figure it out I dont consider myself the end all build crafters it's not hard to figure out but when ppl do figure it out I won't be the one to spill the beans
    Edited by J18696 on April 24, 2022 11:02AM
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
    Options
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How do I know this ?

And I can see a few decent mag dks pressuring this with corrosive but I've fought decent players on this on pts and between being half way to speed cap and pretty much unlimited sustain it is nearly impossible to take down without a group gotta remember this thing also has a 24k burst heal after battle spirit
    Edited by J18696 on April 24, 2022 11:04AM
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
    Options
  • Silversmith
    Silversmith
    ✭✭✭
    All of the showcased Werewolf builds with Oakensoul Ring really shows that even with a massive stat stick how underperforming the Werewolf is in PvP.

No Bombs
    No Burst
    No Cross Heals
    No Threat to endgame PvPers.
    Options
  • JonnytheKing
    JonnytheKing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shokasegambit1

Here mate, done live on stream. NO NEW MYTHIC, SOLO. all most 12k health recovey
    So please dont tell me i make fake builds and dont know what im talking about. Video pretty much means nothing but proves you wrong and hopful poeple can lean to have a open mind about is possible even if they dont understand how. As your clealy not a man of your word ill TAKE a SORRY on sted of the $100.
    Please dont make beats that you wont honor.

Feel free to stop by my streams you my lean something

https://youtu.be/-imuDsmKa3w
    TWITCH jtk__gaming
    GM of Elder-Skills DC PVP Guild NA
    Main Toons
    MagSorc
    MagTemp
    Options
  • JonnytheKing
    JonnytheKing
    ✭✭✭✭
    All of the showcased Werewolf builds with Oakensoul Ring really shows that even with a massive stat stick how underperforming the Werewolf is in PvP.

No Bombs
    No Burst
    No Cross Heals
    No Threat to endgame PvPers.

we are not using the new mythic
    TWITCH jtk__gaming
    Main Toons
    MagSorc
    MagTemp
    Options
  • JonnytheKing
    JonnytheKing
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's nothing in the game since 2016 that gives 10k HP recovery, if you believe this potato. Then the game as a whole is in trouble, because these HP stats for pvp is not true. And id put 100$ on it to prove me wrong and if you can hit 10152 HP recovery in pve !
    Ok show me ! Build editor isn't the actual game ESO there are things that can manipulate the stats. Show me on the PTS that's it and I'll send you a bill EZ peazy lol

Show me 10152 HP regen with no group buffs solo on a WW in Pve ? Then Show me 5076k Hp regen Solo no group buffs in on a WW in Pvp ?

You stated the same thing close to 6 times. The condition for your 100 bucks was pretty clear, eg. if you could get 10k reg in pve and/or 5k reg in pvp, solo, no emp using the ring on WW.. Well, here you go, video proof from my POV.

Some parts are sped up for convenience, but I look through my inventory, etc while being hurt. I also edited the fast parts to extend past the slow parts so you can see they match. Either way, I'm not sure why anyone would go to that trouble, but you claimed people were photoshopping videos, so...

In regards to hiding the details of the gear as the other person, I don't really care, whatever sheds light on the problem.
    1. ZOS would be nuts to allow this to hit live in pvp for WW in the current state.
    2. A fully invested HP regen build while annoying and trolly, isn't the best way to utilize this item. With or without the ring, these hp regen builds exist on live so thats not really the point. It's just an example of how high you can build into defence while still being somewhat effective in combat. Theres a billion different ways to do that and HP regen that gets cut in half for pvp isn't, imo, the best way to cheese this.

While I think it's a bad use of the ring, I was able to get 5.5k weapon/spell damage, 6k pen before debuffs, 35k armor, 5k hp regen, 46k health, 36k stam, 22k mag, 30% crit and more than enough stam/mag regen for my typical playstyle. Despite investing 100% into hp regen sets, enchants, 7 heavy armor and steed, UESP Build Editor shows I've got 7k effective weapon power.

As a comparison, I've got 2 bar builds that have about 22k armor, can't block(sithis), less regen, no hp regen, 30k health, 25k stam for 9-10k effective weapon power that rely on specific proc conditions to pull off, when this build is active 100% of the time.

Could easily swap to Orc/Imperial, lover mundus, damage enchants. Lower the health from 46k to 36-40k in favour of around 40k stamina.

if u want massive 20k plus heals you wanna stay over 40k hp idealy 45k plus
    TWITCH jtk__gaming
    Main Toons
    MagSorc
    MagTemp
    Options
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Sure, but my point was you don't need to build that high if you want more damage in preperation for "that build hits like a wet noodle."
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
    Options
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The solution is obvious.

Enable the Oakensoul ring only in Imperial City for a patch and let's see whether WWs there are surmountable.

There's already a broken stat set available there that most people don't use only out of laziness.

Give us a leaderboard and the title King Rowlf instead of Emperor.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
    Options
  • JonnytheKing
    JonnytheKing
    ✭✭✭✭

Sure, but my point was you don't need to build that high if you want more damage in preperation for "that build hits like a wet noodle."

oh yer for sure man u can hit 6.5k wd pretty easy
    TWITCH jtk__gaming
    Main Toons
    MagSorc
    MagTemp
    Options
  • JonnytheKing
    JonnytheKing
    ✭✭✭✭
    The solution is obvious.

Enable the Oakensoul ring only in Imperial City for a patch and let's see whether WWs there are surmountable.

There's already a broken stat set available there that most people don't use only out of laziness.

Give us a leaderboard and the title King Rowlf instead of Emperor.

hahahahhahahahahhahha
    TWITCH jtk__gaming
    Main Toons
    MagSorc
    MagTemp
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't want to interrupt the discussion you have here, and my intend is not to bait or anything, but I think there night have been some kind of miscommunication here.

I thought that we are talking about PvP here. You know, battle spirit has 50% health recovery reduction. So if you literality go for 10K health recovery and sacrifice everything else, you will get around 5K health recovery in PvP. And I think that was the entire point - to show how you can get 10K health recovery in PvP. That is what people wanted to see & why they say it is impossible. That is why I initially said that to have this level on health regen in PvP - you need to have EMP buff. This is the only way.

Also, a side note - health recovery is um... kinda a crappy stat for PvP right now (WW or not). Not only your entire build is um "nerfed" by 50%, but also there are minor & major defiles that further reduce health regen. And those two are quite common in PvP. It is far more efficient to use healing sets imho.
    Options
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really don't want to interrupt the discussion you have here, and my intend is not to bait or anything, but I think there night have been some kind of miscommunication here.

I thought that we are talking about PvP here. You know, battle spirit has 50% health recovery reduction. So if you literality go for 10K health recovery and sacrifice everything else, you will get around 5K health recovery in PvP. And I think that was the entire point - to show how you can get 10K health recovery in PvP. That is what people wanted to see & why they say it is impossible. That is why I initially said that to have this level on health regen in PvP - you need to have EMP buff. This is the only way.

Also, a side note - health recovery is um... kinda a crappy stat for PvP right now (WW or not). Not only your entire build is um "nerfed" by 50%, but also there are minor & major defiles that further reduce health regen. And those two are quite common in PvP. It is far more efficient to use healing sets imho.

We're talking about the 1 dude here, not people. He said it was impossible to get 10k hp reg in pve and 5k in pvp without emperor, multiple times as I quoted above, there was no other way to interpret what they meant. It's a matter of proving it can be done, not a matter of whether or not the build is viable.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on April 24, 2022 12:24PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Options
  • JonnytheKing
    JonnytheKing
    ✭✭✭✭

oh no the guy said 10k was impossible in pve not pvp. He was saying we was lieing about having 5k in pvp.
    but yes health recovey is pretty bad most of the time but when you have = 5k health 3k magic 3k stam recovey, 50k health 30k stam 20k magic , 35k resists, 33% crit and 5.5k WD with 25k BURST heals its a problem.

my problem has never been the stats on WW even these crazy builds (even tho they need looking at), its ww uptime, you shouldnt be able to stay in ww %100 of the time

TWITCH jtk__gaming
    Main Toons
    MagSorc
    MagTemp
    Options
  • Demalb16_ESO
    Demalb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Disable the ring with WW, Vampire and Necro transformations = no more problems
    Options
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We're talking about the 1 dude here, not people. He said it was impossible to get 10k hp reg in pve and 5k in pvp without emperor, multiple times as I quoted above, there was no other way to interpret what they meant. It's a matter of proving it can be done, not a matter of whether or not the build is viable.

And I agree the build we responded to this guy with isn't really viable and i never said it was the post literally stated they were just easy to grab sets to show health regen can be pushed to the level he was saying it could not

The build i was wearing in the original video that started the topic is very much viable and easily doubles the dmg stats on the 2nd video im not saying it's going to kill everything on the game but it's capable of hitting above 6k wep dam without sacrificing to much thats besides the point

The post topic was about the ring and it should be the actual convo moving forward this arguement is going nowhere and its been twisted around as to what each side actually means so many times
    Edited by J18696 on April 24, 2022 1:54PM
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOdygEVlPWo
    12:17

8MDmLmQ.jpg

I got this from the video and apparently those were the original stats of the Oakensoul ring. For some reason they buffed in on the 1st round of the PTS. So maybe they plan to nerf it to the original stats. And if they did so this item would be still powerful, but definitely not broken imho. Either way, like I have said in numerous posts - I am super against making it exclusive to non-WW build, simply because it gives you WW-like stats with no penalties on a non-WW build. At this point all you need is a WW polymorph & you can be better & more flexible. Making a unique mechanic & 1 skill tree class that WW is even more pointless than it is now & basically replacing it with a mythic is a bad idea imho.
    Options
  • Aldoss
    Aldoss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread has been entertaining, but in an attempt to help get it back on track, I want to go back to someone who mentioned why these aren't named buffs.

If they were to change all the bonuses to named buffs, things that ww already get passively won't stack. They'd get solo buff access to things like major courage if they want that and minor fortitude, intellect, and endurance, but they'd lose the ability to stack major resolve and major savagery. I still don't know if this is enough but I think it was an interesting suggestion that helps begin to solve this problem without completely isolating ww's from it and without adding more caveats to sets like "doesn't work under the effects of battle spirit" which I think are bad for the game.

If ww is underperforming, then it needs to be brought in line to be competitive by way of actual adjustment to their numbers and scaling abilities, not by the addition of a unique ring that was clearly designed without them in mind.

1 bar builds should be offered to players that either do not or cannot keep up with the demands of eso combat. They shouldn't lose out just because the sacrifice component of this mythic is already a sacrifice that ww's have and were designed around.
    Options
  • Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disable the ring with WW, Vampire and Necro transformations = no more problems

Currently, magplar and magDK are also over performing. We should disable the ring on those classes as well.
    Options
  • Yarcanine
    Yarcanine
    ✭✭✭

oh no the guy said 10k was impossible in pve not pvp. He was saying we was lieing about having 5k in pvp.
    but yes health recovey is pretty bad most of the time but when you have = 5k health 3k magic 3k stam recovey, 50k health 30k stam 20k magic , 35k resists, 33% crit and 5.5k WD with 25k BURST heals its a problem.

my problem has never been the stats on WW even these crazy builds (even tho they need looking at), its ww uptime, you shouldnt be able to stay in ww %100 of the time

I keep seeing responses like this, listing stats on WW and saying it's OP but it's meaningless unless you compare it to other meta builds. OP compared to what? How does this build compare to a meta DK, Necro, or Templar build in terms of DPS and HPS keeping in mind its drawbacks and limitations.
    Options
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't read whole thread, much of this may have been covered already.

All the worry about werewolves using the new mythic is fallacious as it ignores necessary context. I have a couple of WWs, most people do. I don't play them much... most people DON'T play them much any more... wonder why?

So how -exactly- is all the worry about this mythic fallacious and omitting necessary context?

First, the context of weapon passives missing from werewolf form compared to nonform is utterly ignored in these worries. It's as if werewolf gets all these werewolf passives in a vacuum without tradeoffs which is not the case. The only meaningful comparison could be between WW passives and weapon passives that WW trade off. Some of those passives are significant, and powerful, some aren't as much, but they are necessary context.

There is no build flexibility in WW form. There is exactly ONE build, can have morphs that can affect the build in -minor- ways, but no skill diversity whatsoever, and that ONE build is not an optimal build for -any- content in the game, PvE or PvP, new mythic or none. Or prove me wrong, demonstrate that WW players are in fact at the top of the Maelstrom, VH, PvP or especially high end PvE scoreboards? They aren't and it's a fact that they won't be after the ring. Reason? Very simple, WW has poor AOE and range, and the ring won't change that a bit.

Yes, there would be more werewolves, and? There used to be numerous WW clans and PvE and PvP groups in the game. Those LEFT, there are NO MORE other than some RP remnants. The main reason is that sometime in the past, LA speeds were changed such that werewolf playstyle, very LA centric, was made sluggish. What was crisp became meh, and nothing has ever been done to remedy it. I used to see constant ads for WW and vamp guilds... no more.

WWs have very poor CC defense unless they sacrifice sets to get it. The ring won't change that one little bit. Newbs die to WW in PvP, no one else. Just CC and evade. It's funny people in the thread claiming WW is part of an uber group, well ANY build with pocket healers, purgers can be uber, WW conveniently distracts attention, that's why it's there, nothing to do with innate power.

On a related note to the above, in PvP and significant PvE, WWs can have trouble staying in form, especially if they are using the DPS ult, berserker. This all but precludes meaningful stealth play as WWs, and the ring won't change that one iota.

On a related note to the above, WWs have NO ULT while in form. This is another material reason why they aren't top or even favored in any content. In better play, ults are a very important part of the game. It is necessary context.

WW (and other classes of course) will have to trade off the ring for other mythics, especially Pale Order in tougher solo content. WW has "weakish" or rather expensive healing unless it gets it from sets, so this will be a bigger tradeoff for WW than classes with stronger innate healing suitable to a one bar build, see ESPECIALLY Templars, Sorcs, NBs, Necros, Wardens, and DK, though DK is a bit weaker in heals... and all the other classes ;) that can slot Resolving Vigor or cheaper spot heals.

Finally, and maybe most importantly, very surprised at this thread from this OP, maybe one of the game's top authorities on one bar builds, and certainly a great adherent of them, thanks for the great content! BUT, I challenge OP to come up with a one bar build that is OBJECTIVELY better than ANY WW new ring build for each class. I can, and am just a layman comparatively. Here's one to start (being just a layman, I'll take the easiest one first).

Templar: Puncturing Sweeps, Solar Barrage, Unstable Wall, Radiant Oppression, Extended Ritual or Rune, Crescent Sweep/DB.., using a maelstrom staff, something WW can't do.

I feel fairly certain that the above one bar build is significantly better than ANY WW build. Change my mind.

Edited by buttaface on April 24, 2022 6:44PM
    Options
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, someone made an Emperor day 1 on PTS and 1 day later this video with a .jpg of stats was posted on YouTube :D:joy:

Nice catch!
    Options
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgot two things, first WW can't utilize many of the better Arena weapons, one bar builds in other classes certainly can and will. Second, WW execute is weak at best, crap at worst. ALL other classes can utilize decent executes in their one bar builds.

Next time, deal with all the necessary context before worrying. BTW, I think the ring is a great addition to build flexibility and solo play especially. I believe that leaderboard type builds in ALL content in ESO will continue to use 2 bar builds though.

I just hope it isn't overnerfed into uselessness as so many controversial items have been in ESO.
    Options
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

After review of this thread, most of it's contents are back and forth baiting, and simply not constructive so we have gone ahead and shut the thread down. We understand that disagreements are natural in an ever changing game environment like this, but Trolling, Baiting, and Flaming, are all against the Community Rules. We ask that all members keep discussion respectful when participating on a thread.
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.