Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

What the community really wants

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not more gear, that's for sure...

we have a ton of different locations to visit/play within - what we really crave though is consistently well performing gameplay...

what we really wanna be fed - is knowing that this community "passion" (I'm afraid to even look at my total hours played any more :# ) is being supported in a competent business/organizational fashion...

I know zero to nothing of the gaming world, I am familiar though with the practices of software companies...

honestly, if you're reading this now, you're no kid, we all know the most important thing is to have a well functioning product...

no one really wants to work with a vacuum company that makes really nice looking vacuums, that really don't clean so well...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not saying that just because we are enormous fans of the elder scrolls series that we're hostage to zos/bethesda/microsoft - whomever...

however, someone else is holding the keys, and I wanna ride in the car...

I'd shut up and just chill and listen to your music, if the ride was a lot smoother...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhava wrote: »
    -
    Wolfpaw wrote: »
    What players want, the few or many, doesn't really matter. What works from this genre past and current is the solution to growth, profit, and staying relevant.

1. Good performance for end game PvE & PvP.
    2. New classes, skill lines, & races.
    3. Rewards/loot worthy of players time.
    4. Fix bugs.
    5. Older game systems/travel/skills updated & balance

& of course the casual/new systems like overland, quests/story, housing, companions, events, mini games, etc...and that's the problem.

ESO has been getting years of casual/new mini systems content and it's getting stale.

You make perfectly good points. However all the things at the end you claim are problems, those are the exact things i want in the game, and the reason i keep playing.

Wait, you WANT bugs? Or did I just gravely misunderstand you here.
  • HonestLoverr
    HonestLoverr
    ✭✭✭
    Don't speak for the community as whole.
    This is what YOU want OP,not everyone who plays ESO shares the same opinion as you.

[snip]
    That said, I would have prefered ZOS would have dedicated a whole year into bug fixes, server improvements, qol additions,and so on.

Everyone prefers a working product over something broken. Yet people get triggered for simple words like "community" and "everyone" and feel the urge to tell me about how i can't speak for everyone.

[snip] To do the best to make the devs finally listen. The platform you play on doesn't matter. How actively you are playing doesn't matter. Who wants what doesn't even matter. The community as a whole matters. And people who play together. All this is coming from people who care about the game AND its players regardless of opinions or attitude. The game you play is in the same state as for everyone else, the game we all spent our freetime in with our family and friends, is slowly but surely degrading into a more and more unplayable mess and loses more and more players. it started within the PvP contents, it spread and hit the PvE endgame content too, and it can even be seen in the casual content as well. Good or bad, Barely or Constantly. Performance affects us all. Period.

This is the reason why no one will ever achieve anything when trying to argue against the most basic and general thing people require their game to be: A. Working. Product. We are all PAYING customers in the end. Making the game enjoyable for its playerbase is the duty of every developer to make their products sell. Thus our feedback is of high value, good intention, and absolutely justified.

[Edit for Bait.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on April 21, 2022 5:59PM
  • Synaptic
    Synaptic
    ✭✭✭
    What people don't seem to understand is that the performance issues in Cyrodiil are literally (and this is not an exaggeration) as old as the game itself.

There are videos that are 6 year old on Youtube (which I can gladly link) where @ZOS_GinaBruno and the PvP Lead Designer at the time @ZOS_BrianWheeler admit and talk about these issues and then end with "We're working on it".

In fact here's a link to a 2015 post from Brian Wheeler http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/1500450/#Comment_1500450
    Some of the things mentioned in the Summit (and on these forums) will be addressed in Update 6, such as Siege damage, keep wall health, and underscore bonus time frames in the 30 day campaigns. We're also adding Veteran 13 and 14 gear to the rewards you can receive in Cyrodiil, in Update 6.

We are well aware there are more things to address in Cyrodiil (making fights more meaningful and general population balance to name a few), but to be direct, our immediate primary focus is addressing the performance spikes. Granted, I don't know C++ and digging into the nitty-gritty of our net-code and engine, but we do have people that are working on this complex issue. I hear it every day, not just from you (the players) but internally too. We are working on it, and will continue to do so.

The population change was not something we did lightly and while the deer and torchbug nuke was seen as something a bit silly, it does help in the overall game performance in Cyrodiil. We know there are more recent concerns with population and finding fights, and we are looking at addressing those in the future as well. There are several changes in Update 6 with underlying systems to tweak and push performance to achieve improvements, and I know they are not nearly as fancy as new systems and new gear, but all of that is for nothing if performance is not up to par.

So, thank you for continuing to voice your concerns and suggestions. We do see them, and are dedicated to improving the PVP experience in ESO for all our current and future players.

See you all on the battlefield!

Performance has always been an issue in Cyrodiil and they've now used this excuse as a reason to not add any PvP related content in the game despite there not being a PvP centric DLC since Imperial City which was released in 2015.

And now we're expected to believe that finally, after all this time of them "working on it" they just need one more year to fix it and then maybe, just maybe the PvP community gets some content (although that hasn't specifically been stated as far as I know)

At this point I don't know why they don't just come out and say "We can't fix it because we don't know how" so the people that keep hoping to one day enjoy the great combat system this game has in a PvP setting can move on to greener pastures and they can continue pushing out furnishing and store assets without anyone making threads like this anymore, cause there have been many.
    Edited by Synaptic on April 18, 2022 9:37PM
  • Synaptic
    Synaptic
    ✭✭✭
    the problem is, that outsourcing a mini game and selling it as a main feature is A LOT less work at MINIMAL costs.
    they could either fix the issues or produce hundreds of those mini games, so they go with the mini games, because they know how to do that and its very budget friendly.
    you will never get the fixes you want, because it is too much work.
    after all these years, you should just accept it.

The issue is this minigame is being launched with features that BG's or Duel's could have had for years now which shows they're clearly capable of adding this sort of stuff.
  • Mythgard1967
    Mythgard1967
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't speak for the community as whole.
    This is what YOU want OP,not everyone who plays ESO shares the same opinion as you.
    [snip]
    That said, I would have prefered ZOS would have dedicated a whole year into bug fixes, server improvements, qol additions,and so on.
    Everyone prefers a working product over something broken. Yet people get triggered for simple words like "community" and "everyone" and feel the urge to tell me about how i can't speak for everyone.

[snip] To do the best to make the devs finally listen. The platform you play on doesn't matter. How actively you are playing doesn't matter. Who wants what doesn't even matter. The community as a whole matters. And people who play together. All this is coming from people who care about the game AND its players regardless of opinions or attitude. The game you play is in the same state as for everyone else, the game we all spent our freetime in with our family and friends, is slowly but surely degrading into a more and more unplayable mess and loses more and more players. it started within the PvP contents, it spread and hit the PvE endgame content too, and it can even be seen in the casual content as well. Good or bad, Barely or Constantly. Performance affects us all. Period.

This is the reason why no one will ever achieve anything when trying to argue against the most basic and general thing people require their game to be: A. Working. Product. We are all PAYING customers in the end. Making the game enjoyable for its playerbase is the duty of every developer to make their products sell. Thus our feedback is of high value, good intention, and absolutely justified.

[Edit for Bait.]

In my opinion; we have a working product. It all depends on your definition of working and that is the problem. 100% bug free is not an achievable state. Adding new classes is not part of my definition of a working product; but you included that more than once in your post. Your definition of working product and mine differ. I don't speak for you and you don't speak for me. It isn't that we are triggered by your usage of everyone as much as we are triggered by your usage of the word everyone in context with something that we as part of everyone do not agree with.

Thing is...I actually agree with probably 75% of your initial post...but...your inclusion of everyone and saying you think you could speak for everyone in light of what I don't agree with means.......I can't agree with your post because I am clearly not everyone. Instead, apparently...I am no one.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on April 21, 2022 6:06PM
  • Jhava
    Jhava
    ✭✭✭
    Jhava wrote: »
    -
    Wolfpaw wrote: »
    What players want, the few or many, doesn't really matter. What works from this genre past and current is the solution to growth, profit, and staying relevant.

1. Good performance for end game PvE & PvP.
    2. New classes, skill lines, & races.
    3. Rewards/loot worthy of players time.
    4. Fix bugs.
    5. Older game systems/travel/skills updated & balance

& of course the casual/new systems like overland, quests/story, housing, companions, events, mini games, etc...and that's the problem.

ESO has been getting years of casual/new mini systems content and it's getting stale.

You make perfectly good points. However all the things at the end you claim are problems, those are the exact things i want in the game, and the reason i keep playing.

Wait, you WANT bugs? Or did I just gravely misunderstand you here.

What i am saying is the new casual systems like overland, story quests, companions, mini games are what i like as a player, on a daily basis, and don't feel these are problems to the current game or getting stale.

Do i like to see bug fixes. Yes is do. However not at the expense of the release of the casual items, but in tandem with them. His #2 item does not interest me at all. Nor do i find #5 of any importance.

Again this is my personal opinion as a player. We cant all be lumped together in what we want in the game.
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    You don't speak for me OP. I don't have any issues with performance etc. in the content I play - which does NOT include groups or pvp - and I'm very happy for upcoming new content.

To me the title of this post may as well have been "This is what I want and anyone who doesn't agree isn't truly part of the community." I personally play everything the game has to offer. Some activities more than others and I wouldn't be disappointed if PvP was abandoned but I won't go getting upset about PvP updates either. I also rarely experience these performance issues and when I do its minimal.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This. Many players have been very vocal across various media about what we want, don't want and are willing to pay for.

No one asked for a card game.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76110ab953fd32f2974d8d029dc25b4d3e88cb201d73&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Definitly saw tavern games being ask a few time
    So yes there was people asking for this, like ot or not

There has been legions of posts & people asking for new classes, skill lines and functioning pvp systems, when will they finally get heard? Nah lets listen to the 6 people asking for tavern mini games because our MMO cannot handle massive new features that the masses want.

Tavern Mini Games ?

I thought it said tavern Mini Gnomes, so I put ' Yes '.

Ah well. I think what the community really wants ... is Pizza

:#
  • Solantris
    Solantris
    ✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    You don't speak for me OP. I don't have any issues with performance etc. in the content I play - which does NOT include groups or pvp - and I'm very happy for upcoming new content.

If you are playing an mmo as a single player RPG, don't expect those of us who play it as an mmo to share your opinion, friend. Our gameplay is just as valid as yours and the problems we face are no less severe just because you don't experience them playing solo.
    Edited by Solantris on April 22, 2022 5:18AM
  • AlyennahsCrafting
    AlyennahsCrafting
    ✭✭✭
    For me it is, in order of importance:

1) Stability/Lag/Bug fixes
    2) INVENTORY SPACE
    3) Less grind and/or better rewards
    4) Lots of new furnishings (especially better structurals) and a few more plots to build without anything already on it (Like Moonsugar Meadow and Cold Harbor Surreal Estate)
    5) Add more convenience

1) Stability/Lag/Bug fixes

I was part of the Beta, quit a year in (no crafting bag was a major factor) and came back about two years ago. Ever since, I've been encountering some of the same issues, especially lag in Cyrodiil, that have been a problem since Beta. Cyrodiil was, for me, a MAJOR factor that originally interested me in ESO, but it's been very disappointing. In large part due to lag, which is still unfixed, despite many, many attempts and promises to do so. Every new DLC release, the server becomes unable to deal with the rush of people trying to login and then when you are finally in they have to shut it all back down because people without the DLC find their way into the new DLC zone somehow. It seems as if lessons aren't being learned and mistakes are being repeated. Furthermore, I was astounded to learn the login issues are, at least partially, due to there being only ONE. SINGLE. CHARACTER. DATABASE! I mean, how? Isn't that sort of thing the immediate and obvious bottleneck? What about redundancy? Are there more such bottlenecks that could be resolved easily just by plugging in another server, copying a few files? Isn't it crazy to have issues with every major release of new DLC? Isn't that the time you want your game to look its absolute best to attract new players and welcome returning players with open arms? Instead, it's a horrible experience every year and experienced players don't expect to really be able to play the new DLC until a week or two later.. PLEASE don't overlook obvious solutions like increasing redundancy and such.

2) Inventory space

It's crazy to me how I can't even PAY ZOS to provide me with enough inventory space. I am a crafter, so without the Crafting Bag, ESO is unplayable to me. It was a major factor to leave the game a year in, my alts were spilling over with mats and I couldn't craft anything without shaking five of them down. Now that is fixed, but SO many items have been added and with ESO Plus I also get tons more each week. I am SWIMMING in potions, poisons and food that I'll likely never use, I end up destroying them. I am DROWNING in gear that I don't want to decon because it might be useful for a build some day and getting it back would be very wasteful. But the game is forcing me closer to having to take that step. I also have writs, surveys, soul gems, style pages from previous events, furnishing and consumable recipes, you name it. Am I a hoarder? Maybe. But WHY should I be forced to throw stuff away that could be useful, just because my inventory is artificially restrained? Why not add another 100 or so inventory to each char and another 100 at least to my banker and add a few more coffers to housing? Speaking of housing, I am obviously also CRUSHED by an avalanche of furnishings and I don't know anyone who's even remotely serious about housing who doesn't have a house, or two, or three JUST to store all their excess furnishings. At this point, a furnishing bag, or a nice warehouse, would be a great idea. Bonus: you can get us to PAY for this. We WANT this. We've ASKED for this, I certainly have. It should be easy to implement, because it's an existing feature. So what is happening here?

3) Less grind and/or better rewards

I have 15 characters for some reason. Every char I need to level up to 50 again, doing stupid stuff over and over again to get XP. That's a chore. Every char I need to spend time to do riding lessons at one (1) a day, OR spend money on riding lessons. I would suspect that's a feature, not a bug, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. If I have the gold and can afford it, why not let me level it all up all at once instead of putting a timer on it? Crafting dailies are barely profitable, but are really repetitive and if you have more chars and want the rewards it just takes up so much time I hardly ever bother. I have fifteen characters, almost all of which can do all six of them. You don't want to miss out, especially when you craft a lot, but it's super boring to do and the rewards aren't great. Why not either remove the current ones and replace them with better rewards from your hirelings, while adding more varied/fun ones for better rewards? How about crafting some furnishings in exchange for more than the equivalent in mats and a new recipe/crafting writ, or something else?

4) Lots of new furnishings (especially more and better structurals) and a few more plots to build without anything already on it (Like Moonsugar Meadow and Cold Harbor Surreal Estate)

There are tons of items in game that those of us who are into housing would LOVE to have as furnishings. There are also many which are hinted had through treasure items that sound awesome and we would LOVE to see turned into furnishings. But a priority right now are more and better structurals. If you're trying to alter the look of a house, or build one from scratch or add on to an existing one, you run into a lot of limitations. Existing items don't work together, or there's no door for that kind of style, there's a lack of windows, never mind working windows.. I think you need walls in at least three or more sizes, so you can use the smallest ones to add on to the bigger ones to fill in an area. Roofs don't even exist yet. Please add new craftable structurals for each existing style to make a more complete set of each and increase our options. One thing the new DLC will hopefully result in is lots of structurals to make a really nice castle with. In addition, I am sure many of us have already used up both our Moonsugar Meadow and Coldharbour Surreal Estate and would like an additional plot or two, or three. That also seems like something incredibly easy to add, while it is also something we will pay for.

5) Add more convenience

Seemingly every update I need to redo my character's champion points and stuff. How about a token that I can use if my champion points are really that messed up? Just leave them as is, as much as possible, I'll sort out the mess if I need to. For most of my alts, the crafting ones are the only ones really important to me anyway and AFAIK nothing was changed in that. Speaking of Champion Points, how about another slot each at least, now I have to juggle my Champion Points depending on what activity I am on. How about a class change token, which we've long asked for? How about less than 12 hours interval between drops from hirelings at max level? How about 8 hours or so? I don't play this game 24/7 and don't intend to, but even if I start in the morning, I usually don't get that second drop and if I do, I miss out on one the next day. I pay for ESO Plus, but unless I log in each day, sorry, I have a life, I miss out on some of the rewards. Those rewards are already paid for. If I miss out on stuff, I get upset and it makes me like the game LESS not MORE. I want to be able to play when I choose to, not HAVE to play in order not to miss out on rewards that I paid for. ESO Plus rewards aren't free, they are paid for, so it makes no sense to wall some of them off. I just want to play this game, do the fun things, explore, not have to grind in order to level or not to miss out on disappointing rewards. I am sure you think it adds to the game, but instead, it turns me off and make me play less and focus more on housing and other things that I do find enjoyable.

A lot of these things aren't new at all and I echo the sentiment by the OP that it's important for ZOS to listen well to the community. Way back when, sometime after this game went live, I made a post with suggestions that got a response that many of the issues I laid out were being worked upon. The game has changed for the better with every one of those suggestions that was taken up, but everyone of them that wasn't fixed, especially lag in Cyrodiil, is worrying. The better you accommodate us, especially your paying players, the more time and money we'll invest in this game. Many of us are vocal about what we want, because if we don't tell you, how can you respond? Please make use of such suggestions and take them as they are meant, as constructive criticism. And engage openly and transparently with us. Sure, some things are harder to do than they seem, but focus on those things which are most likely to improve the game and inform us when urgent requirements can't be met at short notice.
    When Alyennnah is not here, she's probably crafting. Quite possibly at Alyennah's Crafting in Wayrest. Or maybe she's out there, looking for new materials, recipes and styles to use in crafting. She wants to craft all the things.
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pevey wrote: »
    How do you know what the entire community wants? I want the new content. It looks great to me. If they fixed all bugs and instability but added nothing new, I would get bored and leave. Everyone has their own opinions.

This.
    Give us clannfear mounts!
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pevey wrote: »
    How do you know what the entire community wants? I want the new content. It looks great to me. If they fixed all bugs and instability but added nothing new, I would get bored and leave. Everyone has their own opinions.

New content draws in new players. Replayable content like PVP and endgame trials is what retains existing players. Unfortunately the performance of both are in the dumpster right now.